What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10317 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#10068 Apr 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I've learned that most members of the GOP will vote for someone because they has passed the paper bag test.

Hint: 94 percent of the GOP are white.
You has just being proven embarrassingly WRONG. AGAIN!!!

Contrary to the oft-repeated media narrative that the Republican Party is not inclusive, there are actually more female Republican governors than female Democratic governors, and considerably more minority Republican governors than minority Democratic governors.

There are currently 29 Republican governors, 20 Democratic governors, and one Independent governor. Four Republican governors (14%) are women, compared to just two Democratic governors (10%). Four Republican governors (14%) are minorities, compared to just one Democratic governor (5%).

Seventeen of the 20 sitting Democratic governors are white men, for 85% of the total. Meanwhile, fully 21% of Republican governors are either female, a racial/ethnic minority, or (in the cases of New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley) both.

There has never been a minority woman Democratic governor.

State-by-state data can be found below:

Alabama – R white male
Alaska – R white male
Arizona – R white female
Arkansas – D white male
California – D white male
Colorado – D white male
Connecticut – D white male
Delaware – D white male
Florida – R white male
Georgia – R white male

Hawaii – D white male
Idaho – R white male
Illinois – D white male
Indiana – R white male
Iowa – R white male
Kansas – R white male
Kentucky – D white male
Louisiana – R Asian-American male
Maine – R white male
Maryland – D white male

Massachusetts – D black male
Michigan – R white male
Minnesota – D white male
Mississippi – R white male
Missouri – D white male
Montana – D white male
Nebraska – R white male
Nevada – R Hispanic male
New Hampshire – D white male
New Jersey – R white male

New Mexico – R Hispanic female
New York – D white male
North Carolina – D white female
North Dakota – R white male
Ohio – R white male
Oklahoma – R white female
Oregon – D white male
Pennsylvania – R white male
Rhode Island – I white male
South Carolina – R Asian-American female

South Dakota – R white male
Tennessee – R white male
Texas – R white male
Utah – R white male
Vermont – D white male
Virginia – R white male
Washington – D white female
West Virginia – D white male
Wisconsin – R white male
Wyoming – R white male

Total Republican governors – 29

Total Democratic governors – 20

Total Independent governors – 1

Total female Republican governors – 4 (14% of Republican governors)
Total male Republican governors – 25

Total female Democratic governors – 2 (10% of total Democratic governors)
Total male Democratic governors – 18

Total minority Republican governors – 4 (14% of total Republican governors)
Total white Republican governors – 25

Total minority Democratic governors – 1 (5% of total Democratic governors)
Total white Democratic governors – 19

Total white male Republican governors – 23
Total Republican governors who are not white men – 6 (21% of total Republican governors)

Total white male Democratic governors – 17
Total Democratic governors who are not white men – 3 (15% of total Democratic governors)

http://www.examiner.com/article/gop-governors...

United States

#10069 Apr 18, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
barefoot is on a rant, he reminds me of the professor...wonder if they were separated at birth?
I just proven him wrong!

There are MORE minorities in the GOP than among DemocRATS!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/gop-governors...

United States

#10070 Apr 18, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, that's from his first campaign against McCain. When asked, they even agreed that it was good he had Sarah Palin as his VP and that "she would do a good job". And they agreed with and liked that he is pro life!
Everyone should listen to this. Very informative as to why many voted for him simply because he's black -- they had no clue what else he stood for.
Before you label me as a racist, there are many blacks I would vote for who believe in the policies I believe in.
A war hero versus Santa Claus:

Santa Claus wins!!
jackson

Lexington, KY

#10071 Apr 18, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
I learned people will vote for someone just because they have a (D) by his/her name even if it will hurt them financially and destroy what use to be the greatest country on Earth
The problem is they don't care what the person with a D by their name stands for. They don't pay attention or care to dig deep into the person's history.
Listen to the link in my last post -- they don't even know what he stands for!! They even agreed that Sarah Palin was his VP and would do a good job!
Many voted simply because he is a D, and many others voted because he is black - not knowing a single thing about what he wants for our country.
This is just mind boggling to me that the liberals won't face these truths.
We're already seeing the devastating effects his Obamacare will have on businesses. So many reducing employees' hours because they can't afford to cover the health care or pay the penalties. So many small businesses, who generously covered health care for their employees when not required to do so, will no longer provide that (I know of two businesses owned by my friends who can no longer afford to keep their businesses if they continue to provide health care). I can't imagine what will happen when the entire policy goes into effect.
Truths that the liberals refuse to see.
Lars Vilks

United States

#10072 Apr 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I've learned that most members of the GOP will vote for someone because they has passed the paper bag test.

Hint: 94 percent of the GOP are white.
Hint: 99% of blacks are Democrat. And most of that 99% voted for Obama based only on his skin color and nothing more.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#10073 Apr 18, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>Most of those voters are BLACK!
No white, latino, or asian democratic constituents exist?

Where do you live, junior? You may want to move to a place where real world shit happens.
Lars Vilks

United States

#10074 Apr 18, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>No white, latino, or asian democratic constituents exist?

Where do you live, junior? You may want to move to a place where real world shit happens.
Someone is not smart enough to understand the word "most"

United States

#10076 Apr 18, 2013
Liberal Media claims Boston Marathon FBI suspects are NOT Muslins but white Tea Partiers based on surveillance pictures and videos.

They suspect Sarah Palin ordered the bombing!!!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

If the president was Republican they would say he ordered the bombing for political reasons. That's how low they will go!!!

They actually DID said that about Bush but worst is that they ACTUALLY still believe it!!!

Barefoot, as all Liberals do, still believe Bush did Sept. 11 abs Katrina!!!

And he works so hard, in vain, to prove me wrong!!!
Lars Vilks

United States

#10077 Apr 18, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>No white, latino, or asian democratic constituents exist?

I'm glad you and Barefoot are on the bad side. I sure don't want you arguing for my cause. You're both semi-retarded.

Marengo, OH

#10078 Apr 18, 2013
Lars Vilks wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad you and Barefoot are on the bad side. I sure don't want you arguing for my cause. You're both semi-retarded.
And racists!!!

All Liberals are racists!!!

Yes, it is NOT a blanket statements but facts!!!
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#10080 Apr 18, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And racists!!!
All Liberals are racists!!!
Yes, it is NOT a blanket statements but facts!!!
LOL...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IUYlNU10BMY/Si4hkuW...

Marengo, OH

#10081 Apr 18, 2013
drink The hive wrote:
Is that Barefoot?

Marengo, OH

#10082 Apr 18, 2013
Saudi suspect beigt protected and deported for protection by Obama PERSONALLY!!!

Obama purchased airline ticket to "hide" young Saudi, 20 yrs old, from dumb Liberal Media. He was unable to hide him from intelligent real Conservative Media, Hannity initiating investigation!

See? Liberals are Hate America First crow!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10083 Apr 18, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
barefoot is on a rant, he reminds me of the professor...wonder if they were separated at birth?
Has anyone ever seen barefoot and the professor in the same forum at the same time? Kind of like Clark Kent and Superman, except his only superpower is self-delusion. And he posts exactly the same drivel under both names.

Marengo, OH

#10084 Apr 18, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone ever seen barefoot and the professor in the same forum at the same time? Kind of like Clark Kent and Superman, except his only superpower is self-delusion. And he posts exactly the same drivel under both names.
"Like Clark Kent and Superman", LOLROF!!!

Marengo, OH

#10085 Apr 18, 2013
Gifford accompany Obama on gun legislation lost!

But she LOVES guns!!! See the proof, evidence, pictures, "smoking gun", pun intended, LOL!!!

http://www.kpho.com/story/21660721/giffords-g...

See? Liberals are brain dead HYPOCRITES!!!

Marengo, OH

#10086 Apr 18, 2013
Obama says about Boston marathon bombing "it is shameful", "shame on you"!

Oh wait, that was about HIS gun grabbing tax!!!

Correction: Obama did NOT said "it is shameful" about the Boston marathon!

Marengo, OH

#10087 Apr 19, 2013
Liberal media claims Boston marathon suspect was a Right Wing Conservative Tea Party mad at Obama, his name: abdullah saleh kamel

Liberal Media further claims no connection to terrorism nor the gay to be Muslim of any kind.

He was "White" with "Dark Complexion"!!!!

In other words, he was no white but needed to be white for the liberal media template!!!

They are White Republican Chechens living comfortable in Liberal colleges provided by Tax payers result of Liberals immigrations.

Suspect #1 is dead because dead men can't talk, but Bush did Sept. 11 and Katrina.

See? Liberals are the scum of the Earth!

PSD: I might had "misspoke" on the details above since they did "acted stupidly". The new norm is to speak without facts just like the incompetent mexican gun provider, man man-child Obama.

United States

#10090 Apr 19, 2013
Hey Boston how does it feels to be Liberal now?

United States

#10091 Apr 19, 2013
Hey Barefoot, how does it feels to be wrong?

The guy was a MUSLIM, as I predicted.

Not a "White dark skin" Republican.

YOU LOST!!! Because you are a LIBERAL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 11 hr Panks 2,763
News Former US President George H.W. Bush hospitalis... Jan 18 Fit2Serve 2
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Jan 12 misbehaved 27
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Jan 8 Human 177
News Elway Shoots down Run for Office in Colorado Jan 3 Evilgelicalling 3
News Pawlenty to Become Wall Street Lobbyist (Sep '12) Dec 29 Lotteries Abandon... 13
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) Dec 28 Sally 32,092
More from around the web