What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Read more: The Washington Post 10,323

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Read more

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5430 Dec 10, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Isn't the unemployment rate in the UK worse than the unemployment rate in America? Conversely, The eurozone's unemployment rate hit a new record high in October, reaching 11.7 percent, according to data released on Friday.
Should you be working to clean your own backyard?
<quoted text>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117
Hibernian

Cromwell, CT

#5431 Dec 10, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the GOP is upset that Romney lost so they could be raping women here. They campaigned on allowing rape, and now you are bragging that other nations get to rape women, why not allow it here. It's in the GOP platform.
This has nothing to do with the GOP or Romney, and neither the GOP nor Romney "campaigned on allowing rape", you retard.

This is squarely on Obama's "Arab Spring" shoulders.

Did I say you were retarded?
Hibernian

Cromwell, CT

#5432 Dec 10, 2012
A Nnoyed wrote:
the US is doomed
you all blame political parties to score points while Asia hands your arse to you and deservedly takes all your jobs
"It's some presidents fault, if my party was in charge China would have no technology and they'd be all be living in mud huts...nah-nah..nah..nah.nah.. ..nah"
Listen everyone. The sound you just heard was the proverbial nail being struck squarely on its head.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5433 Dec 10, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
7.8 percent.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5434 Dec 10, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with the GOP or Romney, and neither the GOP nor Romney "campaigned on allowing rape", you retard.
Of course, two members of the GOP did make some pretty stupid remarks and didn't back off of them and so says Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas)(see the R?),

(quote) In August, Akin suggested that it's rare for "legitimate rape" victims to get pregnant and that the "female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." In October, Mourdock said in defining his anti-abortion stance that pregnancy resulting from rape "is something that God intended to happen."
Hibernian

Cromwell, CT

#5435 Dec 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, two members of the GOP did make some pretty stupid remarks and didn't back off of them and so says Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas)(see the R?),
(quote) In August, Akin suggested that it's rare for "legitimate rape" victims to get pregnant and that the "female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." In October, Mourdock said in defining his anti-abortion stance that pregnancy resulting from rape "is something that God intended to happen."
Yeah, I see the R, so what?

What, are you shocked that someone would call out a member of their own party? Akin and Mourdock were idiots and made stupid remarks.

Doesn't change the fact that neither the GOP nor Romney "campaigned on allowing rape."
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#5436 Dec 11, 2012
Some Random Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me they work the "free" health care thing out pretty well in other countries. But you know... we can't be taking care of our own here. That would just be un-American. The biggest obstacle to a decent health-care system here is the insurers themselves. They take more out of the the health care dollar than anybody else... including the Doctors. As it stands, THEY are getting a lot of free money that they didn't earn (unless you consider 'scamming the American consumer' an occupation). You are a republican though... so I already know the answer to that one.
I really can't get over how even though it's all over the news - domestic and international - so many Americans are seemingly choosing to ignore the CRISIS in Europe. There are cuts going on all over the place and in some places serious ones. Have you not heard about the UK's NHS lately? It's kind of a HUGE deal regarding the cuts there. CUT CUT CUT all over Europe.

Another thing. When ALL the member countries of the EU decide to have their healthcare administered from a single council in Brussels then maybe people can start making more accurate comparisons to the relatively colossal United States with its' 50 State Constitutions and where just one of its' 50 States has the same population as an entire European country.(The best is when people bring up Denmark to compare to the US).
ronone

Pittsburgh, PA

#5437 Dec 11, 2012
youtube.com/watch... … The Election taught you to vote for Tax Increases,?like
Obama fool of gimmicks and Tax Increase

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5438 Dec 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the GOP is upset that Romney lost so they could be raping women here. They campaigned on allowing rape, and now you are bragging that other nations get to rape women, why not allow it here. It's in the GOP platform.
That's like saying that Obama campained on making sure that the GOP didn't "put y'all back in chains"

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#5439 Dec 11, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>Yep you are confused on what sour grapes are. I thought so, kind of explains your constant misuse of the term. It's ok, probably the fault of the education system and not just some personal defect.
Jesus H. Christ...

Are you seriously debating my use of the term "sour grapes"??!!?!?
It's used correctly, I assure you.

Now find something else to obsess over, sheep.
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#5440 Dec 11, 2012
Village Mystery wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't get over how even though it's all over the news - domestic and international - so many Americans are seemingly choosing to ignore the CRISIS in Europe. There are cuts going on all over the place and in some places serious ones. Have you not heard about the UK's NHS lately? It's kind of a HUGE deal regarding the cuts there. CUT CUT CUT all over Europe.
Another thing. When ALL the member countries of the EU decide to have their healthcare administered from a single council in Brussels then maybe people can start making more accurate comparisons to the relatively colossal United States with its' 50 State Constitutions and where just one of its' 50 States has the same population as an entire European country.(The best is when people bring up Denmark to compare to the US).
The crisis in Europe is in certain countries... not ALL of Europe. And then of course there's Canada. They seem to be doing alright. Their system isn't perfect, but it beats giving billions of dollars to private individuals who have nothing whatsoever to do with actual health care... they even go so far as to DENY health care for their own profits. We need to take self-interest out of the health care industry.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#5441 Dec 11, 2012
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus H. Christ...
Are you seriously debating my use of the term "sour grapes"??!!?!?
It's used correctly, I assure you.
Now find something else to obsess over, sheep.
Hey I am not debating anything. I just pointed out that you continue to use the term "sour grapes" everytime someone states something negative about Obama. It's not sour grapes that causes me to criticize him, I criticized Bush as well and I doubt you would consider that sour grapes, even though it's exactly the same thing. I would imagine you criticized Bush as well.....would you call that sour grapes too? Were you jealous of Bush?
You can stop obcessing about it, it's a "done deal". You will continue to be a hypocrit and I will continue to disagree with you about it. What's to debate or obcess about? Let it go....just let it go.
ontg

Carol Stream, IL

#5442 Dec 11, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen everyone. The sound you just heard was the proverbial nail being struck squarely on its head.
You got it! Most people (both democrats and republicans) on this site are missing the point that neither side is addressing the biggest issues facing this country- and it is not gay marriage or free birth control. It is the fact that in 10-20 years there will be no jobs in this country because there will be no money- it will all be in China. China being the country that paid for all the government "freebies".

Brooklyn, New York

#5444 Dec 11, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I am not debating anything. I just pointed out that you continue to use the term "sour grapes" everytime someone states something negative about Obama. It's not sour grapes that causes me to criticize him, I criticized Bush as well and I doubt you would consider that sour grapes, even though it's exactly the same thing. I would imagine you criticized Bush as well.....would you call that sour grapes too? Were you jealous of Bush?
You can stop obcessing about it, it's a "done deal". You will continue to be a hypocrit and I will continue to disagree with you about it. What's to debate or obcess about? Let it go....just let it go.
If I say it's sour grapes, its sour grapes in my opinion. You don't get to choose what I say and how I say it.

I can say anything your want, but if its bullshit, I will continue to call you out on it. Cry to whom ever you have to, little care I.

Brooklyn, New York

#5445 Dec 11, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s because there ARE a lot of sour grapes out there. Many of the negative comments about Obama are not based in any fact (or even reality for that matter)- so “sour grapes” is being kind when you consider some of these posters are just totally irrational, incoherent Obama haters with various psychological maladies.
Don't bother explaining it to him...He is upset and hurt that the magic underwear wearing lord lost in a big way...The GOP way of thinking is over and America spoke in volumes. I have no problem with the way Pres. Obama is taking this nation, that's why I voted for him and that's why he won the election, period.

The mis infomred sheep will continue to be sheep. I've accepted that and moved on...The sheep, on the other hand, find solace in debating frivolous subjects like the use of the term "sour grapes", which is what they have.

Fkn Hilarious.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#5446 Dec 11, 2012
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother explaining it to him...He is upset and hurt that the magic underwear wearing lord lost in a big way...The GOP way of thinking is over and America spoke in volumes. I have no problem with the way Pres. Obama is taking this nation, that's why I voted for him and that's why he won the election, period.
The mis infomred sheep will continue to be sheep. I've accepted that and moved on...The sheep, on the other hand, find solace in debating frivolous subjects like the use of the term "sour grapes", which is what they have.
Fkn Hilarious.
You wanna hear something really Fkn Hilarious???? I'm an X Obama Supporter....registerd Democrat.....the X means I voted for him the first time around....and I didn't vote for the magic underwear dude either....sit this one out....oh, and just so you know cuz I know you care, I'm not a he or a him, but as a democrat I have certainly been called a sheep before, just usually not by someone in my own party! Now that is fkn hilarious!!!!
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#5447 Dec 11, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I see the R, so what?
What, are you shocked that someone would call out a member of their own party? Akin and Mourdock were idiots and made stupid remarks.
Doesn't change the fact that neither the GOP nor Romney "campaigned on allowing rape."
When members of your party say rape was/is the will of God, and you refuse to criticize those comments, essentially standing behind them, and you support those who attempt to follow God's will, then you are supporting those actions that you call God's will.

Yes, it might be a bit of a stretch, but Romney's refusal to make any comment in opposition to rape left a great many wondering. Right before an election to leave so many wondering if you support rape, then you obviously have no business running for office. If you can't even speak out against rape before the election, how much worse would it be after you were elected?

It is not shocking that someone would call out a member of his own party, what is shocking is that a presidential candidate would not call out a member of his own party for such outrageous comments.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5448 Dec 11, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying that Obama campained on making sure that the GOP didn't "put y'all back in chains"
"Don Joe" has issues with reality...serious issues.

Brooklyn, New York

#5449 Dec 11, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>You wanna hear something really Fkn Hilarious???? I'm an X Obama Supporter....registerd Democrat.....the X means I voted for him the first time around....and I didn't vote for the magic underwear dude either....sit this one out....oh, and just so you know cuz I know you care, I'm not a he or a him, but as a democrat I have certainly been called a sheep before, just usually not by someone in my own party! Now that is fkn hilarious!!!!
Yeah, I'm sure you are, spark plug.
Hibernian

Cromwell, CT

#5450 Dec 11, 2012
What Progressives Like Van Jones Want In Next Term

"Let's take the money from Halliburton and KBR and the big oil companies. Let's do it. Let's make sure the people who've done well in America do well by America and pay America back."

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/12/164962537/what-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeb Bush: I'm as conservative as any governor o... 3 hr Gary 24
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 10 hr swedenforever 244
News Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats... (Jul '12) Fri RayOne 2,348
News Ahead of Romney's trip, Obama commits $70 milli... (Jul '12) Fri RayOne 6
News Interview with Pro-Israel African-American Zionist (Jun '12) Thu Free Thinker 13
News Ahead of likely 2016 bid, Walker builds on over... Wed barefoot2626 100
News GOP field very light on foreign policy experience Apr 14 Synque 30
More from around the web