Obama may push for ban on assault weapons

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indian Express

Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney engaged in a rare tussle over gun control on Tuesday, and Obama opened the door to pushing for a ban on assault weapons if he wins a second term.

Comments
661 - 668 of 668 Comments Last updated Dec 5, 2012
First Prev
of 34
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No he is not. We hold those in government to a higher standard because the accepted a great amount of power. So we are not just holding them responsible for their actions. We are holding them responsible for the abuse of power.
You see no justification because you believe as long as obama is in charge everything is rosy. Did you feel the same way under bush?
We pay them a low amount of money for the power they hold which brings them right back to the same standard as everyone else.

You want to hold them to a higher standard, put them like you mean it.

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No he is not. We hold those in government to a higher standard because the accepted a great amount of power. So we are not just holding them responsible for their actions. We are holding them responsible for the abuse of power.
You see no justification because you believe as long as obama is in charge everything is rosy. Did you feel the same way under bush?
I see no justification because I see no one being held to a higher standard in our past.

Did I feel the same way under bush? Absolutely. No where will you find me calling for the impeachment of bush even though I think there was reason to justify one. I also said that one of the best things Pelosi did was announce upfront that she would not allow any investigation for the purpose of impeaching bush.

Now, go back and find that kind of consistency among those on the right when it came to Clinton and bush.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

All of them are no good

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The pay does not matter. They took the power knowing the pay. Or in the case of elected officials they actively pursued that power.
Not sure I believe the low pay though. My college room mate took a job with USDA and has said repeatedly he would like to leave government employment but the pay is too good. He is often flying around the country to training. Of course every school he goes to has plenty of off time allowing him to enjoy the places he travels to.
The President with all his authority is paid less than a low level executive at a major corporation. that is a fact.

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The pay does not matter. They took the power knowing the pay. Or in the case of elected officials they actively pursued that power.
Not sure I believe the low pay though. My college room mate took a job with USDA and has said repeatedly he would like to leave government employment but the pay is too good. He is often flying around the country to training. Of course every school he goes to has plenty of off time allowing him to enjoy the places he travels to.
BTW: Nice to see you don't believe in the free market system. You get what you pay for.......except in your world.
Face the Facts

Aniwa, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the bartender who sold you beer guilty if you get a DUI?
It is not that I am against holding those in government accountable, far from it. But I see no justification for holding them more accountable than we do others.
That is proof of how little understanding you have concerning the declining condition of the usa.
If those in government are not more accountable than anyone else we would have total misfits running the usa and rather than doing the job they were hired to do they would be diddling monica in the oval office(with cuban cigars) or maybe they would be sending weapons to arm the drug cartels in mexico, etc etc.
Those in government should be held to the highest standard and it's about time some of these gangsters in DC were charged with treason.
Face the Facts

Aniwa, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no justification because I see no one being held to a higher standard in our past.
Did I feel the same way under bush? Absolutely. No where will you find me calling for the impeachment of bush even though I think there was reason to justify one. I also said that one of the best things Pelosi did was announce upfront that she would not allow any investigation for the purpose of impeaching bush.
Now, go back and find that kind of consistency among those on the right when it came to Clinton and bush.
Oh can your blather. Of course pelosi would not want to allow any investigation for the purpose of impeaching Bush. Why would the lying democrat misfits want to open that can of worms. They would all end up being impeached.

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Face the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
That is proof of how little understanding you have concerning the declining condition of the usa.
If those in government are not more accountable than anyone else we would have total misfits running the usa and rather than doing the job they were hired to do they would be diddling monica in the oval office(with cuban cigars) or maybe they would be sending weapons to arm the drug cartels in mexico, etc etc.
Those in government should be held to the highest standard and it's about time some of these gangsters in DC were charged with treason.
?

Total misfits? Hmmmm Obama...Romeny......

Need I say more?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 34
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••