Partisan fight over "fiscal cliff" wi...

Partisan fight over "fiscal cliff" will harm U.S. economy: Reuters poll

There are 104 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 12, 2012, titled Partisan fight over "fiscal cliff" will harm U.S. economy: Reuters poll. In it, Reuters reports that:

U.S. President Barack Obama delivers a statement on the U.S. ''Fiscal Cliff'' in the East Room of the White House as Vice President Joe Biden looks on in Washington, November 9, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#118 Nov 21, 2012
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever think those OLD people retired or couldn't make ENOUGH money to live at their age?
How about this.
Old people NEVER really worked at those fast food stores in the 60s 70s. Why because those types of jobs were for kids to work at before you got a REAL job;
Min Wage was also a wage to work at while looking for a REAL job.
But since the US grads rates keep going down many now older Americans can only get a min wage because of no HS diploma
<quoted text>
Many of those convient stores were run by Muslims. Why, because the US has a program for immigrants that the first 5 years they don't have to pay TAXES. Notice how those stores changes Muslim help so often
Those old people not making enough to live? That is exactly what I thought and one of the points to my post.

Perhaps you consider min wage to be a job to have while you are looking for a real job, but the people who hired you expect real labor for that money. With the government policies of flooding the labor pool, to reduce wages and eliminate benefits, more and more jobs have become part time. Those without a high school diploma are called unemployed.

As far as special programs for Muslims, I have no knowledge. While there are a few Muslims in those jobs here, there are also adults, teens and the elderly. There is a lot of turnover amongst all groups. The allowing corporations to hire illegals and to refuse to prosecute even when the illegal activity is blatant tells me what I need to know about the priorities and the agenda of the government.
Rio

Albuquerque, NM

#119 Nov 21, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like during Clinton when taxes were raised and we created a surplus budget while the economy boomed. Looks like you are still believing the Rat Wing lies.
Still going with the surplus myth? Tell a lie often enough and you can rewrite history.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#121 Nov 25, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
7-11 is just a generic term for convenience store...surely you have them up there in the frozen north? Those are mostly owned and run by indians...
All of the 7-11 stores in MN were purchased by SuperAmerica -- which is why you can sometimes see two SA stations across the street from each other. Sadly, SA is owned by the Koch Brothers of Wisconsin infamy -- NOT folk hailing from India.
joey

Maringouin, LA

#122 Nov 27, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Obama Inauguration Day, January 21st, 2013.
hahahahahahahahahaha
hope you and those that think like you freeze in pa.so your liberal stink wont smell so bad?sandy shouldnt have missed you ahole!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santorum Launches Second White House Bid 4 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 25
News Rick Santorum on Josh Duggar Sex Scandal: 'I'm ... 10 hr Tazo 1
News Rick Santorum faces steep climb in second White... 15 hr Lawrence Wolf 13
News Morning Plum: Is GOP again shooting itself in f... Wed wild child 2
News In long run, immigration case could rally Democ... Wed wild child 3
News Hillary Clinton's Brilliant Amnesty Move Tue Novus Ordo Seclorum 5
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) May 25 spud 11
More from around the web