Thomas Sowell: 'Me too' Republicans

Thomas Sowell: 'Me too' Republicans

There are 3 comments on the The Wave story from Mar 27, 2013, titled Thomas Sowell: 'Me too' Republicans. In it, The Wave reports that:

Many ideas presented as "new" are just rehashes of old ideas that have been tried before and have failed before.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wave.

“I love being a Black Man”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 27, 2013
I can't believe he get's paid to basically write nothing.

So what is his solution to attracting more Black and Hispanic voters to the Republican side then?

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 27, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
"They propose going through such organizations as the NAACP to reach black voters, as if the NAACP owns blacks, in violation of the 13th Amendment. Not only is the NAACP virtually a wholly owned subsidiary of the Democratic Party, the kind of black voters that the Republicans have some hope of winning over are unlikely to be enthralled to the NAACP, and many of them may see through such race hustlers.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT, WHILE THE NAACP "CLAIMS" THAT IT HOLDS NO ALLEGIANCE TO ANY PARTY, BUT WE KNOW THAT'S A LIE!

Or do all blacks look alike to those who wrote this report?

It is the same story with Hispanics and Asian Americans. The Republicans are supposed to go through these groups' "leaders" as well – mostly leaders tied to the Democratic Party ideologically or otherwise. You might think that a Republican Party that talks about individualism would try to appeal to individuals.

Individuals whom the Republicans have some chance of winning over may well be a small minority within these groups. However, if the GOP can reduce the Democrats' 80 percent of these groups' votes to 70 percent, that can swing elections.

But a shotgun approach to minorities won't do it.

When it comes to minority votes, the Democratic Party is much like Eastman Kodak during the long period when it sold the vast majority of the film and cameras in the country. How did its competitors manage to drive Kodak into bankruptcy?"
This is a beautiful post. Well-said. As long as the Republican Party continues to be married to it's rhetoric that projects the party as a haven for anti-immigrant racists. They can forget about getting the lion's share of minority votes.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 27, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a beautiful post. Well-said. As long as the Republican Party continues to be married to it's rhetoric that projects the party as a haven for anti-immigrant racists. They can forget about getting the lion's share of minority votes.
Immigration is supposed to benefit the citizens already here as a whole. It is supposed to ebb and flow along with the needs of the nation. It's supposed to be a good balance and it's not supposed to be a tool to drive down wages/salaries, be used by special interest groups to enrich themselves, or to gain new votes for a political party.

MOST everyone that speaks about immigration is complaining about illegal immigration and the unsecure southern border- and most all who complain about this will say all legal immigration is great. I am one of the few who says that it all needs to be shut off, as it has been as various times in the past, so immigrants can assimilate (is that now a dirty word?) and the economy, infrastructure, water availability, utilities, etc. can adjust. Immigration numbers here have always ebbed and flowed, depending on the circumstances.

So, from your above post- are you saying that most non-Whites have immigration as their MAIN issue? That in itself would indicate a huge problem imo. Non-White citizens, legally able to vote, should have different interests from each other as individuals and varying opinions on immigration- as Whites do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 4 hr Chilli J 4,263
News News 3 Mins Ago Bannon savages Gop leaders in f... Dec 9 General Kabaka Oba 48
News Romney Has a Jobs Plan ... for China (Sep '12) Dec 7 Frank Gilley 29
News In slap at Romney, Trump says he wants Orrin Ha... Dec 6 Ecken 2
News Bannon blasts GOP leaders in contentious Alabam... Dec 6 Trump is a joke 3
News Former Colin Powell Aide: GOP Is 'Full of Racists' (Oct '12) Dec 5 Haleys Flag Removal 15
News Ron Paul Would Be Major Factor if He Went Third... (May '12) Nov 29 O Reilly Fired 3
More from around the web