Letcher band gets coveted slot in ina...

Letcher band gets coveted slot in inaugural parade

There are 3 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Jan 20, 2013, titled Letcher band gets coveted slot in inaugural parade. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Letcher County sent some of its students to serenade President Barack Obama for his second inauguration Monday, though it voted overwhelmingly against him in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

Trucker

London, KY

#1 Jan 21, 2013
I am not a bit proud. Its our jobs that have been "put to the side". The people in Washington right now support Obama!!! I wouldn't let my child attend school there!!!! This is truly a slap in the face for east Ky!!
to the point

Whitesburg, KY

#3 Jan 21, 2013
the band was at the tail end of the parade just where obama thinks ky should be and he got a big laugh out of letting the people here know where we will stay for the next 4 years way to go letcher co way to go
wut

Whitesburg, KY

#5 Jan 25, 2013
While I agree with you, I still think it's pretty awesome that our kids got to go. I don't like Obama, but those kids can now say that they played music for the president. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 2 hr Tm Cln 4,075
News Kid Rock to open Detroit arena amid protest 8 hr The Truth 17
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Sep 13 Interracial Storm... 292
News Jeb Bush chides Republicans to stop 'acting stu... (Aug '12) Sep 11 Boehners Rum 7
News 'What Happened' in 2016? Hillary Clinton still ... Sep 10 help us 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Sep 9 Human 200
More from around the web