Mitt Romney Accepts Apology From MSNB...

Mitt Romney Accepts Apology From MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry For Mocking of Grandson

There are 18 comments on the WSJ Media and Advertising story from Jan 6, 2014, titled Mitt Romney Accepts Apology From MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry For Mocking of Grandson. In it, WSJ Media and Advertising reports that:

During an appearance on Fox News , former presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he accepts MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry 's apology for a recent segment on her show in which panelists mocked a photo his adopted African American grandson, Kieran .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSJ Media and Advertising.

MSLGBT Double Standard

Medford, NY

#1 Jan 6, 2014
MSLGBT should fire her racist butt anyway. If she were a white guy she'd be gone already. Did they forgive Alec Baldwin his "queer" remark transgression?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#2 Jan 6, 2014
Must be time for a new person and a new outrage for these vindictive folks who pick their outrages based on political partisanship and hypocrisy abounds.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#3 Jan 6, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
Must be time for a new person and a new outrage for these vindictive folks who pick their outrages based on political partisanship and hypocrisy abounds.
She apologized and Romney magnanimously accepted… and now the right has nothing but a desperate attempt to make this nothing into something.
But notice how desperate the right-wing racist need to try and make this into a racist event in an effort to give their real racism cover… pathetic and ridiculous, but losing to the Black President does that to the crazies on the right.
FUKANIG

Darlington, SC

#4 Jan 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
She apologized and Romney magnanimously accepted… and now the right has nothing but a desperate attempt to make this nothing into something.
But notice how desperate the right-wing racist need to try and make this into a racist event in an effort to give their real racism cover… pathetic and ridiculous, but losing to the Black President does that to the crazies on the right.
He's right. If a white man said it, he would be gone. The NAACP cries too much to let it go.
LOL

Webster, MA

#5 Jan 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So shes makes racists jokes about an adopted baby and its something about nothing? I bet you would be screaming RACE WAR if Hannity said this on Fox news. BTW, if its all about the crazies losing to a "balck" president, why did Mellisa Harris-perry say "obamacare" is a racist term is made up by whites to put down blacks?
....... Must be those crazy racists huh? Good call.
Blacks Are Worthless

Miami, FL

#7 Jan 6, 2014
Any White politician charged with the duty & responsibility to lead American citizens that adopts a noglet has questionable judgement or has to have some black blood in them to commit such an abominable act against humanity, either way, their mental stability & ability to serve the public interest should be looked into.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#8 Jan 6, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
So shes makes racists jokes about an adopted baby..
I challenge you to point out the “racist joke” that you claim Melissa Harris Perry made. Please post the link to the statement and place the “joke” in quotation marks… if you can do that; if you can back up that dishonest lie of a claim I will erase my Topix name and never post on here again…

CHALLENGE?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#9 Jan 6, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The right are scrounging around for the next faux chest-beating hugga hugga outrage ... stay tuned!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Jan 7, 2014
that football player they interviewed after the game last night, what language was he speaking?
boo ya

Moyock, NC

#16 Jan 7, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
Selective outrage is only acceptable when practiced by the left, no?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#17 Jan 7, 2014
She is a RACIST and should be FIRED - any body that would attack a child is a SCUM BAG.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#18 Jan 7, 2014
She must be shunned when the time comes. Or she will infect communes of people who depend on each other to survive as groups. Many are like her. Many also are just talk like many of us on these boards. she represents death. A shill of the elitists who are bringing their view of the world to us all.
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#19 Jan 7, 2014
Romney might be forgiving the half-breed Marxist shill for her outrageous saddling of the little Black infant for the rest of his life with her insults, but he won't forgive the mistake of taking on a societal problem, someone statistically inclined to rape eighty year old White women before he reaches thirty years old, all because of the confusion Perry and Obama have introduced in America, setting Blacks back fifty years regarding race relations. As Marcus Aurelius said, "What is a thing in and of itself?" All an American Marcus has to do would be watch the daytime shows displaying the grunting, manic, sexually amoral state of Blacks in America and he wouldn't have asked that question. He'd emigrate!

Since: May 11

Birmingham, UK

#20 Jan 7, 2014
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeachment is getting closer
Who's going to be impeached?

I know there's been a RICO suit filed against the Orange Mormon but I only hear about impeachment from those fools with mouths filled with republican spin doctor ball sack.

I mean I can show you the filings against the Orange Mormon but there's no evidence of any impeachment coming for anyone else.

I know, I know, he's a lovely devout man, doesn't drink coffee or coke because of the cafeine but he has the ethics of a mob-boss. Where did that $15million Delphi dollars go from the bailout he voted against?....oh yes, straight into a blind trust in the name of his wife.

Such a clean living and holy man....LOL
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jan 7, 2014
When will Romney apologize to the thousands of people he stole pension plan money from?
El oh El

Webster, MA

#22 Jan 7, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to point out the “racist joke” that you claim Melissa Harris Perry made. Please post the link to the statement and place the “joke” in quotation marks… if you can do that; if you can back up that dishonest lie of a claim I will erase my Topix name and never post on here again…
CHALLENGE?
First paragraph from MHP's apology - ".....It’s what we call our look back in laughter. But in one of the segments we looked at a number of photos that caught our attention over the course of the year. And in that segment I asked my guests to provide kind of off-the-cuff ideas for captions of the photos that we were seeing. Among the images we aired was one of the Romney family that showed Governor Mitt Romney’s grandchildren, including his adopted grandson, who is African-American. Now given my own family history, I’d identified with that picture and I intended to say positive and celebratory things about it. But whatever the intent was, the reality is that the segment proceeded in a way that was offensive. And showing the photo in that context, of that segment, was poor judgement. So without reservation or qualification, I apologize to the Romney family....." So she admits that she picked that picture for her "look back in laughter" segment meant to be made fun of and ridiculed. If there wasnt a black baby in that pic, it never would have made the segment. racism? Yes. Joke? That was the entire intent of the segment. though i wouldnt expect a Liberal to honor his word nor would I expect a Liberal to admit when they are wrong so....
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#23 Jan 8, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>....
Dear boy, MHP has apologized

Mitt binder of women Romney family have acceped her apology

Since: May 11

Birmingham, UK

#25 Jan 9, 2014
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
IMPEACH, INCARCERATE, CAGE obama-hussein <-ANITI-AMERICAN COMMUNIST POS
Are you angry that your dreams aren't going to come true?

It isn't Obama facing a RICO suit in federal court now is it? It's the orange guy in the funky undies. LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitt Romney: My son emailed me yesterday tellin... Wed Cordwainer Trout 2
News Clinton, Obama reschedule first 2016 appearance Wed Nu Wor Order 5
News Welcome to the Ultimate Hold-Your-Nose Election Wed Opposite of Freedom 33
News Egypt's Mubarak gets life in prison (Jun '12) Tue Malikis Billions 12
News Finland: Israel warns of action against Gaza ship (Oct '12) Tue Mubaraks Billions 17
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) Tue African Billionaire 15
News Isaac Lee: Trump has 'gone too far' to regain H... Jun 27 WasteWater 1
More from around the web