Romney collects food for Sandy victims

There are 196 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 30, 2012, titled Romney collects food for Sandy victims. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Oct. 30, 2012 - In the wake of superstorm Sandy, GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney held a "storm relief event" in Kettering, Ohio, at the same arena as his previously scheduled political rally and with the same celebrity line-up. Video: Sandy's path of destruction The Fold: Post meteorologist's latest forecast Liveblog: Latest updates on Sandy

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#24 Oct 30, 2012
LOLGOP ‏@LOLGOP

Christie: I take back all the good things I said about Obama and now admit the 11 boxes of Rice A Roni from the Romney campaign were crucial

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#25 Oct 30, 2012
You KNOW Romney wouldn't eat the crappy food he's handing out for a photo op.

He didn't even know what a doughnut was. He called it a pastry.

He complained about the food at a campaign stop insulting the person who had provided the food and the location.

Romney is a schmuck and a pathologically lying CON MAN.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#26 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
If voters had to bet money, 53% pick Obama to win vs. 29% who bet on Romney, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll finds - NK
All you have to do is look at the polls that are not skewed by left wing minions. Romney is ahead 52-45 in early voting. Romney is now leading in Ohio. With his momentum, he'll also take Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire. Florida and Virginia are already in the bag. Mitt is going to end up with 350+ electoral votes. It doesn't matter what a Reuters poll says. Look at the numbers.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#27 Oct 30, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey asshat, why don’t you ask the 9 Million children who now have health insurance!!!! <quoted text>
People should be able to afford kids before they have them.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#28 Oct 30, 2012
The lesson of Sandy: Yes, we need a strong, well-funded federal government. - BOB
but

Santa Fe, NM

#29 Oct 30, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
People should be able to afford kids before they have them.
let's make choice an impossibility and abstinence the only form of birth control encouraged.

LOL
The

Santa Fe, NM

#30 Oct 30, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>All you have to do is look at the polls that are not skewed by left wing minions. Romney is ahead 52-45 in early voting. Romney is now leading in Ohio. With his momentum, he'll also take Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire. Florida and Virginia are already in the bag. Mitt is going to end up with 350+ electoral votes. It doesn't matter what a Reuters poll says. Look at the numbers.
hurricane may do a better job at voter suppression than all of the Repugs corrupt efforts.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#31 Oct 30, 2012
Red Cross responds: You are NOT helping. "Items such as collected food and used clothing must be sorted, cleaned, repackaged and transported... which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel."

Is Romney stupid? The RED CROSS does not want canned goods or diapers. They want cash. They will not be happy when Romney rolls in with a truck load of canned goods. He has been so busy calling FEMA and Republican Governors but he couldn't bother to call RED CROSS and asked them what they needed? If Romney had ever donated to the RED CROSS in all his life, he would have known that! How can he be so uninformed about the biggest relief center in the world?

And why is he calling FEMA? His is not the President. He's a civilian, just like you and I. So this is how Romney acts in an emergency? Collects peas for those who have no homes but wants to get rid of FEMA?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#32 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
You KNOW Romney wouldn't eat the crappy food he's handing out for a photo op.
He didn't even know what a doughnut was. He called it a pastry.
He complained about the food at a campaign stop insulting the person who had provided the food and the location.
Romney is a schmuck and a pathologically lying CON MAN.
How can he be so uninformed. The Red Cross wants
1. Money
2. Blood
3. Volunteers

They do not want food donations.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Real government shows up with first responders, shelter, water and disaster financial relief. Real government assesses damage, cleans up the streets, clears the storm drains.

Romney shows up with cans of cheap food.

The choice is clear even for Chris Christie.
I know that's damned right.
frank

Oakland, CA

#34 Oct 30, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Frank, why do you bother to post your worthless left wing BS on this forum? Obama is going down in flames, and you know it. In one week, Chris Matthews will be wailing and ranting on national TV because of the landslide that he's witnessing.
You are now claiming what Romney says is "worthless leftwing BS"?
frank

Oakland, CA

#36 Oct 30, 2012
carolo43 wrote:
Red Cross responds: You are NOT helping. "Items such as collected food and used clothing must be sorted, cleaned, repackaged and transported... which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel."
Is Romney stupid? The RED CROSS does not want canned goods or diapers. They want cash. They will not be happy when Romney rolls in with a truck load of canned goods. He has been so busy calling FEMA and Republican Governors but he couldn't bother to call RED CROSS and asked them what they needed? If Romney had ever donated to the RED CROSS in all his life, he would have known that! How can he be so uninformed about the biggest relief center in the world?
And why is he calling FEMA? His is not the President. He's a civilian, just like you and I. So this is how Romney acts in an emergency? Collects peas for those who have no homes but wants to get rid of FEMA?
No worries, The Donald and the Mitten have things under control - just as long as they get the publicity ...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#38 Oct 30, 2012
carolo43 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can he be so uninformed. The Red Cross wants
1. Money
2. Blood
3. Volunteers
They do not want food donations.
Romney has some cheap food available for a photo op. Either that or it goes to the servants.

Ryan will go to a shelter, take food from it and give it back for a photo op.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#39 Oct 30, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, The Donald and the Mitten have things under control - just as long as they get the publicity ...
AC casinos losing $5M/day.

Think Trump is going to demand a federal government casino bailout?
chickpea

United States

#40 Oct 30, 2012
Chrysler CEO calls Romney a liar about moving Jeep production to China.
Romney is a lying bastard, trying to put fear in people for a vote.
chickpea

United States

#41 Oct 30, 2012
Romney refused to answer questions about FEMA.
He is finding it hard to flip flop about FEMA while FEMA is bailing out millions of people today.
BASTARD

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#43 Oct 30, 2012
"The speed with which the GOP turns on Romney when he loses will cause global whiplash. I'm also concerns they might LITERALLY eat him." - RD

The TeagBagging GOPOX hates Romney. He had 25% support all during the primaries. Nothing has changed.

TeaBagging GOPOXers are hypocritical scumbags...nothing has changed.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#44 Oct 30, 2012
chickpea wrote:
Chrysler CEO calls Romney a liar about moving Jeep production to China.
Romney is a lying bastard, trying to put fear in people for a vote.
Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Chrysler, stated he was keeping Jeep production in the US in a letter to concerned employees.

However in that letter he said:

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2012/10/f...

"Together, we are working to establish a global enterprise and PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED OUT INTENT TO RETURN JEEP PRODUCTION TO CHIMA, the world’s largest auto market,..."
----------
Translation, he wanted and planned to move Jeep production to China but with Romney blowing the whistle on this move Sergio backed down to prevent a labor strike.

Thanks for saving those jobs Mitt.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#45 Oct 30, 2012
chickpea wrote:
Romney refused to answer questions about FEMA.
He is finding it hard to flip flop about FEMA while FEMA is bailing out millions of people today.
BASTARD
I would like to know what FEMA was doing to get ahead of this storm prior to landfall? I heard that electrical transformers were located in subway stations in New York systems!! They weren't secured in some way? Back-up power systems failed; these could not have been tested prior to landfall?

This is a disaster!!

Nope

Santa Fe, NM

#47 Oct 30, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>

.
liar. It was never an official announcement from Jeep. Mitt lied. You are lying now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In long run, immigration case could rally Democ... 3 hr wild child 1
News Hillary Clinton's Brilliant Amnesty Move 4 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 5
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Mon spud 11
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) May 23 ritedownthemiddle 249
News We 'nuns on the bus' don't like Paul Ryan's ide... (Sep '12) May 22 Swedenforever 321
News On his 757, Donald Trump dishes about Rand Paul... May 22 Tazo 1
News What's in a Name? May 22 Tazo 1
More from around the web