In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#48211 Apr 11, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Or pixies
Or unicorns.

Of course, the difference in this might be I'm not the one who demanding that you have to believe in either, or prove either exist.
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48212 Apr 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how SuperFAG can insist no one denies that the UK is a monarchy in one breath but he says this in another:
The quote you posted showing this "contradiction" was my statement that nobody has denied that Britain has a monarchy. Not is.

Why, Barefoot, are you still dishonestly trying to conflate has and is?

By your line of argument, making the statement "my neighbour has a car" is exactly like saying "my neighbour is a car".
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch how Barefoot2626 makes Aunt Sally dance.
Watch Barefoot continue to lie that two completely different statements contradict each other.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone here can see I posted the COMPLETE post, the COMPLETE paragraph, the COMPLETE sentence and now as much as I need to post.
And I have demonstrated this to be a complete and utter lie. You omitted the paragraph that followed the most recent statement you kept quoting that specifically outlined where the point of contention was. You quote-mined me.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are all amused as you try to explain how you can say that no one denies the Britain is a monarchy in one breath and then you yourself deny it in another.
The quote said that nobody denies that Britain -has- a monarchy. You, in your desperation, are pretending that it said is.

I see you no longer post that quote anymore. That is very telling.

Also:

The world still awaits for the quote where I agreed to a bet.

The world is also waiting for you to define democracy...

... and explain why things within an umbrella term are the same...

... and why things can only be defined by one word...

... and what the Weimar Republic was if it was not a democracy...

... and why you cannot admit that universities do indeed give out politics degrees...

... and why for a supposedly powerful monarchy, Parliament has not had a bill refused by the royals in over 300 years...

... and why a Constitutional monarchy "is a monarchy", but absolute and electives are "kinds"...

... and why a Constitutional monarchy requires one physical Constitution to be defined as such...

... and why Sweden's name makes it a monarchy, but North Korea and China's names do not make them democratic republics...

... and why "is" and "has" mean the same...

... and why, quite simply, everybody and everything else - academia, history, reality - simply ridicules your inane argument about Britain not being a democracy.

For all your talk of making me dance... why do you keep dancing from this ever-growing list of arguments and contradictions that you have left in your wake and hoped against hope that I would forget?

Location hidden

#48213 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote you posted showing this "contradiction" was my statement that nobody has denied that Britain has a monarchy.
SuperFAG writes:
If Britain is a monarchy then the Queen should have legislative powers.

She does not.

Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy.

Location hidden

#48214 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<
By your line of argument, making the statement "my neighbour has a car" is exactly like saying "my neighbour is a car".
<quoted text>
WAH WAHHHHHH! Is-is!

SuperFAG writes:

She does not.

Location hidden

#48215 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<
Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy.
SuperFAG writes:

She does not.

Location hidden

#48216 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Watch Barefoot continue to lie that two completely different statements contradict each other.
bAREFOOT2626 CONTINUES TO CATCH YOU IN THE (NEXT) LIE...

SupaAFC:
...Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy.
BUT... THEN
SuperFAG writes:

She does not.

Location hidden

#48217 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
And I have demonstrated this to be a complete and utter lie.
You have continued to deny it but then I have the EXACT quotes and you flop on the floor like the limped-wristed Scottish fairy you are, no one thinks you are going to admit you were wrong even after it is crammed up your colon so far you can see it when you brush your teeth- as rare an occasion that that is.

Location hidden

#48218 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
For all your talk of making me dance... why do you keep dancing from this ever-growing list of arguments
Do you mean why to I keep ignoring your straw mans and your loaded questions as you flop on the floor gurgling DNA samples?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#48219 Apr 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
mon·ar·chy mon-er-kee]
noun, plural mon·ar·chies.
1. a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually ***** or nominally **** lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.
Who is the head of state in Sweden, Meatball?
All POWER proceeds from the PEOPLE. This is the foundation of parliamentary DEMOCRACY in Sweden

Location hidden

#48220 Apr 11, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong - he was not a christian
Wrong - i am not a christian
....at least youre consistent in your level of ignorance.....
Mussolini = christian (fact)

you behave like a christian

your ignorance is over the scale!

Location hidden

#48221 Apr 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
All POWER proceeds from the PEOPLE.
mon·ar·chy mon-er-kee]
1. a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually ***** or nominally **** lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.

2. supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.

Location hidden

#48222 Apr 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Mussolini
Vatican City= county, Meatball.

Location hidden

#48223 Apr 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
the vatican isn't a country!
Still waiting, meatball.
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48224 Apr 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SuperFAG writes:
She does not.
Do "has" and "is" mean the same? Yes or no?

I applied Barefoot's logic in analogy. His response:
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>WAH WAHHHHHH! Is-is!
In other words, Barefoot cannot admit that by arguing that has and is mean the same, my neighbour both owns, and is, a car.

Hoisted by your own petard once more.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy.
SuperFAG writes:

She does not.

Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy
"...denies that Britain has a monarchy".

Has.

"If Britain is a monarchy...".

Is.

Two completely different statements. One massive lie - your lie.

Do tell us again how by your argument, my neighbour both has, and is, a car.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
bAREFOOT2626 CONTINUES TO CATCH YOU IN THE (NEXT) LIE...
Only if you believe that has and is mean the same have you caught me in a lie.

Unfortunately for you, owning a car does not make the owner him/herself a car. Thus, unfortunately for you, there is no contradiction between accepting that Britain "has" a monarchy yet disputing that it "is" one.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You have continued to deny it but then I have the EXACT quotes and you flop on the floor like the limped-wristed Scottish fairy you are, no one thinks you are going to admit you were wrong even after it is crammed up your colon so far you can see it when you brush your teeth- as rare an occasion that that is.
You are continuing to deny that your two quotes are stating completely different things. You think that possessing something (car) in turns transforms the possessor (owner) into the possessed (car).

You do not dare attempt to refute this analogy because you know that it is true. You are a dishonest, cowardly little man(child).
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean why to I keep ignoring your straw mans and your loaded questions as you flop on the floor gurgling DNA samples?
Strawmen, contrary to what you believe, are not "things I can call other people's arguments to avoid actually refuting them".

You contradicted yourself within one page. That is not a strawman, it is a hilarious fact!

Location hidden

#48225 Apr 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
mon·ar·chy mon-er-kee]
2. supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.
All POWER proceeds from the PEOPLE. This is the foundation of parliamentary DEMOCRACY in Sweden

Location hidden

#48227 Apr 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting, meatball.
not for me it isn't i do not approve what fascists thinks
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#48228 Apr 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Barefoot is just trying to make fun of people. Nobody is really as slow as Barefoot's pretending to be.

He appears to pick-up on any phrase or momentary remark that is not inherently valid both in and out of context; or else he simply writes any coherent sentence a contributor will naturally find objectionable as it 'misses the point', or something. I think it's his perverted way of amusing himself.

He might be intentionally causing understandable irritation to see if anyone notices what he's doing. That is possibly what he's up to here. Alternatively, he may just have a serious character flaw and be mentally deficient. Neither troll or POE quite describe what he does (which is to induce circular, unsatisfactory and repetitious exchanges). I suspect he wishes to see how long people will go in circles so that he can point to their helpfulness and accuse them of stupidity.(Alternatively, he could just be a stupid git!:-)
Lincoln

United States

#48229 Apr 11, 2013
"...atheists out of the closet ..."
seem libertarian with government jobs
denying the Ayn Rand was on Medicare.

Romney got 47% of the vote...not proof that God exists but at least a hit that God exists.

Peace

Location hidden

#48230 Apr 11, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I think Barefoot is just trying to make fun of people. Nobody is really as slow as Barefoot's pretending to be.
Gosh, I'm not the one that continues to deny the UK is a monarchy, than says that no one pretends no one denies that the UK is a monarchy, and then is shown EXACTLY a quote where he said that there is no monarchy, and then posts dozens of more comments trying to escape from that fact, that Barefoot2626 AGAIN pulled down his pants and spanked him thoroughly.

I think you need to dig up a few more aliases, maybe you can shout me down, eh?

Wipe your chin, dear.

Location hidden

#48231 Apr 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
All POWER
KING_dom of Sweden... who is the head of state?

Vatican City not a country anymore, Meatball?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 5 hr actorvet 1,192
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 22 hr Tm Cln 4,240
News Gingrich: Mitt Romney is a liar (Jan '12) Nov 15 anonz 89
News Cain says he won't drop out of GOP race (Nov '11) Nov 14 Alreds Revenge 272
News In Fiscal Cliff Talks, Higher Taxes Vs. Closing... (Nov '12) Nov 12 RayGONE 8
News Romney adviser Gillespie charges Obama campaign... (Jul '12) Nov 8 Kapernick of Madison 3
News Romney to Host Fundraiser for Virginia Hopeful ... (Mar '14) Nov 8 Pocahontas of Cha... 2
More from around the web