In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51156 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#48048 Apr 7, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you "in" for, convict? Anything to do with your ex?
Your friends are lining up behind the bottle return center, BQ... they have pockets full of quarters... you better hurry...

Location hidden

#48049 Apr 7, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden is a democracy with a constitution (the king have no political powers)
KING_dom of Sweden.

I didn't pick the name, Meatball.

mon·ar·chy mon-er-kee]
noun, plural mon·ar·chies.
1. a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually ***** or nominally **** lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.

2. supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.

Location hidden

#48050 Apr 7, 2013
Mikko wrote:
...and you try to make Sweden into a autocracy
You are a liar, Meatball.

liar [&#712;la&#618;&#6 01;]
n
a person who has lied or lies repeatedly
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#48052 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
KING_dom of Sweden.
I didn't pick the name, Meatball.
mon·ar·chy mon-er-kee]
noun, plural mon·ar·chies.
1. a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually ***** or nominally **** lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.
2. supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.
I see you still remain fact allergic and reality challenged.

Area: 174,000 sq mi (450,000 km²), the third largest country in Western Europe

Longest north-south distance: 978 mi (1,574 km)
Longest east-west distance: 310 mi (499 km)

Capital: Stockholm

Population: 9.6 million inhabitants

Languages: Swedish; recognized minority languages: Sami (Lapp), Finnish, Meänkieli (Tornedalen Finnish), Yiddish, Romani Chib

Form of government:

Constitutional monarchy, parliamentary democracy

Parliament: The Riksdag, with 349 members in one chamber

Religion: In practice, Sweden is very secularized.

The Church of Sweden is Evangelical Lutheran; co-exists with many other beliefs.

Life expectancy: Men 79 years, women 83 years.

Sweden was Christianized from Norse paganism in the 11th century. Since the 16th century, Sweden has been predominantly Lutheran. From the Protestant Reformation in the 1530s until 2000, the Lutheran Church of Sweden (Swedish: Svenska kyrkan) was the state church. As of 2012, about 67.5%[1] of Swedish citizens are members of the Church of Sweden, compared to over 95% in 1970, and 83% in 2000.[2]

Despite that, religiosity in Sweden plays a limited role compared to the European average. In a Eurobarometer Poll in 2010, just 18% of Swedish citizens responded that "they believe there is a god".

In a 2009 Gallup poll, 17% answered yes to the question "Is religion an important part of your daily life?".

Less than 4% of the Church of Sweden membership attends public worship during an average week; about 2% are regular attendees.

Some scholars consider the nation to be a place where religion is regarded with “benign indifference”.

Yes indeed you are very ill-informed and ignorant.

You belong in a Xtian forum where stupid people enjoy each others each others delusions.

Location hidden

#48053 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you can copy and paste.

Now tell us the official name of Sweden.

Location hidden

#48054 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Form of government:
Constitutional monarchy, parliamentary democracy
MONARCHY, you say?

Location hidden

#48055 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the name of the king?

Am I wrong- and all the definitions I have posted of "monarchy" (many) wrong?

Because if you are unable to acknowledge that Sweden is a monarchy- as I have said- that would make you a liar.

Or mentally ill.

What is the official name of Sweden?

Is a constitutional monarchy a monarchy?

Location hidden

#48056 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
You belong in a Xtian forum where stupid people enjoy each others each others delusions.
You are in good company here where there are many stupid people who lie their azzes off whenever they move their lips.

The NotBot forum.

I have always been amused by you and people of your ilk: you rail against people who do not share your beliefs and scream and cry an insist you must be right though you have absolutely no proof one way or the other.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#48057 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
MONARCHY, you say?
what's the official name of North Korea

PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF NORTH KOREA, you say

So North Korea must be a democracy, because of its name!!

I guess Lil Kim Un was ELECTED president...

what's the official name of Red China

PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CHINA

So Red China must be a democracy,'cause is says so in its name..

and what is Barefoot's official name????

Location hidden

#48058 Apr 7, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the official name of North Korea
PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF NORTH KOREA, you say
If Sweden is a democracy, the people can change the official name, eh?

Do you know anyone on the face of the planet who is asserting that North Korea is a democracy?

Not me.

Just a few minutes ago, we were told- not by me- that Sweden was a constitutional monarchy.

Is a constitutional monarchy a type of monarchy... or do we need to change the English language?

Location hidden

#48059 Apr 7, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
I guess Lil Kim Un was ELECTED president...
Aunt Sally? Is that you?

Location hidden

#48060 Apr 7, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
what's the official name of Red China
PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CHINA
So Red China must be a democracy,'cause is says so in its name.
Gosh, the name says it is a Republic.

The way adjectives work here in English is (often) they precede the word they describe.

Is English your second language?

PS: If you follow the thread, you will find I define Sweden because it is a monarchy, not because their official name is the KING_dom of Sweden.

It's just one feather.

The fact that the head of state is a king is another feather.
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48061 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a point, SuperFAG.
Parliament has not had assent to a bill refused by a monarch in over 300 years. There is a point. Refute it.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a SuperEGO that won't allow you to let it go after I have already humiliated you.
It is your fault, dear.
You have humiliated nobody but yourself. You have even admitted that all you do is try to refute me on word usage because you cannot attack the arguments themselves.

That is why, manchild, all you can do is project your own issues onto other posters.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>And I still make more money than you and have time for the farm and watch TV three or four hours a day.
I was completely unaware that you are an omniscient being that knows everybody inside out.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW, SuperFAG, you can't keep up.

I would suggest putting less thought in your posts but you clearly... are doing that already.
How about attacking the arguments instead of the person?

Do I really need to post that big nasty list of points you cannot refute once again?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>We've already established you don't know what "loaded question" is.
Or "red herring".
In your world, correct. In reality, no.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>And of course you insisted "unanimous" means "almost everybody".

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
To this day you refuse to address the point itself.

Why, for all your talk of "humiliating" me, can you never actually address the arguments?
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#48062 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in good company here where there are many stupid people who lie their azzes off whenever they move their lips.
The NotBot forum.
I have always been amused by you and people of your ilk: you rail against people who do not share your beliefs and scream and cry an insist you must be right though you have absolutely no proof one way or the other.
Don't you hate it when you're caught lying, you ignorant fool? You're just another Robo poster with nothing to say

mommy be changing yo'rer diaper around this time.

Whoops I forgot you like to eat diaper contents bon appétit!
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48063 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Far be it for me to judge, of course the UK is a monarchy, SuperFAG's (et al.) refusal to acknowledge this is a reflection of his massive ego which is unable to concede that he is wrong, even after proved so.
Though I have to say it's hard for me to understand how an entire country would tolerate the institution, i.e., forking out billions of dollars to keep the queen and her family in bobbles.
Once again my manchild friend is running with a strawman.

Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy. Or that it has "powers". Or that the monarch is our head of state.

The point of contention, oh dishonest one, is your claim that as a result Britain does not qualify as a democracy.

It is no different whatsoever to arguing that the United States is a republic and only a republic. The only difference is your immensely hypocritical standards.
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48064 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: If you follow the thread, you will find I define...
Only that the world does not change to fit how a manchild on an internet forum perceives it to be.

If you want to debate monarchies and democracies, then show us actual definitions used by political and legal scholars.

That includes Constitutional monarchy.

That includes democracy.

That includes republic.

It is not "let's play by Barefoot's standards" time. It is time for "let's play by academic standards".
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#48065 Apr 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Sweden is a democracy, the people can change the official name, eh?
Do you know anyone on the face of the planet who is asserting that North Korea is a democracy?
Not me.
Just a few minutes ago, we were told- not by me- that Sweden was a constitutional monarchy.
Is a constitutional monarchy a type of monarchy... or do we need to change the English language?

You lost the argument stupid

I can't help you're reading problem comprehension. I gave you the whole article failure to comprehend it is your problem not mine

Location hidden

#48066 Apr 7, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Parliament has not had assent to a bill refused by a monarch in over 300 years.
Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

#48067 Apr 7, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
You have humiliated nobody but yourself.
You don't remember insisting that a ' unanimous choice ' means 'almost everyone'?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#48068 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you hate it when you're caught lying, you ignorant fool?!
Did Queen Elizabeth appoint the last prime minister?

Is United KING_dom a monarchy?

Is the Queen the head of the state church?

Does Britain have a law requiring public worship in tax-funded schools?

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama and Trump are two sides of the same coin 5 hr tina anne 25
News Donald Trump rally draws thousands to Albuquerq... 10 hr Old Surfer Dude 27
News Santorum, Gingrich tote Etch A Sketch toys (Mar '12) 11 hr Vaginal wall failure 25
News Mitt Romney sharply condemns Trump's nomination Sat spud 4
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Sat Three Rounds 67
News Washington Post Poll Puts Trump Up 2 Points On ... Fri spud 5
News Clinton looks to pop Trump's populist appeal May 27 Excellent One 4
More from around the web