In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
42,881 - 42,900 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Apparently there was a 4 day game recently at this ground where only 15 wickets fell, but it's starting to do a bit more now. Our bowlers should have enough time and they've been well rested.

Ideally another 100 runs whilst scuffing up the wicket would be great, but I don't mind if we crash and burn for just another 50 runs if our bowlers are up for it.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
509/6 After day 3.
A near 200 run lead, with 4 wickets remaining. Prior is a decent batsman and Swannie can stack up a few quick runs. Batting normally, you can have another 100 runs in the first session tomorrow; that will mean a near 300 run lead, with 5 sessions to go... This game is in the bag, methinks.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Apparently there was a 4 day game recently at this ground where only 15 wickets fell, but it's starting to do a bit more now. Our bowlers should have enough time and they've been well rested.
Ideally another 100 runs whilst scuffing up the wicket would be great, but I don't mind if we crash and burn for just another 50 runs if our bowlers are up for it.
<quoted text>
Well, I like aggressive declarations, so I would say give them 5 innings to bat through.

Had I been captain, I'd tell the batsmen to get their eye in tomorrow and have a go - get that run rate up and stack up as much before the interval. You got India on the ropes here
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I don't think we'll be hanging around.
England last won a series in India in 1985, I'm starting to feel optimistic.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I like aggressive declarations, so I would say give them 5 innings to bat through.
Had I been captain, I'd tell the batsmen to get their eye in tomorrow and have a go - get that run rate up and stack up as much before the interval. You got India on the ropes here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I don't think we'll be hanging around.
England last won a series in India in 1985, I'm starting to feel optimistic.
<quoted text>
Your position is certainly very strong. It would take an inhuman effort (or weather) to allow India to force the draw.

We got the Kiwi's next month, however, I am pissed at they way they arranged the tour.

Usually, first test takes place on 16-20 December. Second test, 26-30 December (usually at the Wanderers) and the New Year's Test, held at the majestic Newlands-venue. This is the way it has been for a great many years. The second test is the best bit of television I get to watch all year - After Christmas, one is fed up with the year, with family and everthing associated with holidays. That translates to 5 days of complete and utter inactivity in front of the TV. I get to be as lazy as I want (which is, pretty lazy).
I get to lie on the couch and only get up for eating or taking a leak.

Now, those rat bastards have taken it away from me! Instead, there is one T20 to be played on the 26th!

I feel like killing someone.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Please speak English!!!

Can somebody translate this? Damn foreigners.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I think you'll stuff NZ in all formats, especially with their captain issues. Much like England had when SA were in town. I think you must be performing some strong voodoo prior to each series.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your position is certainly very strong. It would take an inhuman effort (or weather) to allow India to force the draw.
We got the Kiwi's next month, however, I am pissed at they way they arranged the tour.
Usually, first test takes place on 16-20 December. Second test, 26-30 December (usually at the Wanderers) and the New Year's Test, held at the majestic Newlands-venue. This is the way it has been for a great many years. The second test is the best bit of television I get to watch all year - After Christmas, one is fed up with the year, with family and everthing associated with holidays. That translates to 5 days of complete and utter inactivity in front of the TV. I get to be as lazy as I want (which is, pretty lazy).
I get to lie on the couch and only get up for eating or taking a leak.
Now, those rat bastards have taken it away from me! Instead, there is one T20 to be played on the 26th!
I feel like killing someone.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>I feel like killing someone.
Hint: never put thoughts like that on paper. Which brings up the question ... is this kind of like cyber-paper?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Over here in America, Americans vote indirectly for POTUS.
You do understand the difference between direct and indirect?
And as I pointed your at least a dozen times- as many times as you have toes- the electoral college VOTES for the POTUS.
Votes.
Compared to... I don't know let me see... oh, over in the United KINGdom where the prime minister is appointed by the monarch.
Been here before the operative word is “indirectly”– i.e. you don’t actually vote for who will become president you vote for the person who votes for who will become president. Which of course means that YOU don’t vote for who will become president.

Thank you for admitting it at last that the Electoral College votes for who will become president. Have you been studying what you have been rabbiting about and denying for weeks? Good of you to admit that you made an error in the past and that you lie in this very post, you have never admitted that the electoral college votes for who will be president, you have always argues until blue in the face that YOU vote

But you still know bugger all about British politics do you? Never mind I’ll wait for you to change your mind or move the goalposts again, you are so good (but blindingly obvious) at that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You take a long time to ignore something.
I bet you ignored your ex husband out of the house, eh?
How far do you want to go back on this? I have been telling you since you started with you stupidity.

And once again more JW lies, well done, your god can see everything you spew. I hope you sleep well knowing that you are such a hatefully lying T\/\/AT. Just because you wife p|ssed off and left you for a guy who can actually satisfy her is not my problem
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have told us that the electoral college appoints the POTUS.
I have told you the electoral college elects the POTUS.
One of us is right, and one of us is wrong.
So far, you have not been right.
Must be you who is wrong because I make it a point to be right.

Like for instance that my children to not pray at school
Like the fist working enigma machine was captured by the British in 1941
Like in 1939 the Brits had the biggest navy
Like the US bankers caused the 2007 global depression
Like the Electoral College votes for who will be president, not the voters
Like the Prime Minister is chosen by his “elected” party from persons voted by his/her constituents.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said: Ireland is to the west of England.
In answer to the question: Is Ireland to the west of England, yes or no? the correct response could be one word, yes. It contains no no assumptions, and the respondent who answers the question directly admits to accepting that assumption.
The question: Is Ireland to the west of England, yes or no? therefore is not a loaded question.
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
HMMMMMMMMMM.
It contains no assumptions, and the respondent who answers the question directly does not have to assume that assumption, and there is no consequence in responding outside of looking like an idiot if he or she is wrong.
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no? Is it a loaded question?
It is not.
If you don’t want responses to your questions than try asking the mirror and not posting them publicly on topix.

I agreed that Ireland was west of England, but you simply have to rant on until you realise your stupidity. Your ignorance expects the black or white answer “yes”. You are actually ignoring the political and hysterical significance because fact totally screws up your pedantic black and white aspect on life. You are also ignoring the geographical significance of the rest of my post. But hey, it’s barfy butt breath I am taking to here so it’s expected.

As to your second question, I have already agreed. A point that you repeatedly ignore and ignore and ignore and ignore and ignore and ignore and ignore.

My replies contain no assumption, just facts, the facts that you ignore such as Wales is west of England (prove me wrong), It is in no way is a loaded statement but you picked it up like a rotweiler with new dentures. Here are some more, the sky is up, your are a senile old T\/\/AT, you do not vote for who will be appointed president, Ireland is split into 2 countries

That last one is political and historical fact. Just as the northern American continent is split into 3 countries. Live with that fact and until and if Northern Ireland becomes independent from the UK, that’s the way it will stay no matter how hard you stamp your feet.

Is Canada to the north of the USA

Is Mexico to the south of the USA

Is Hawaii west of the USA

Do you vote for who will be president?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like all your anti-USA tirades, you denying the vital help the UK got from the USA in two world wars?
Why don't you show everyone where an American said they did it on their own.
Wow you have surpassed yourself today that’s twice you have admitted your fook ups

“help”– thank you, at long long last for that word “help” Another American is converted form fantasy to truth

Well if you want to know where, just look back through this thread (and the hundreds of other threads on topix). Consider some of the posts you have made, and Aura does a good imitation too but at least he (sometimes) admits it’s a joke.

Oh just and juts google “amercia won WW2”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of our many differences, Skanque: I don't have to make up things you do not say to prove my point (which I have to do a few dozen times before you run away without confessing that I was right all along).
Dream on, you contradict yourself so much. And lying will upset your JW god and you wont go to heaven – tought
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A short blurb, do see the word "elected" featured prominently... not appointed.
How Does The Electoral College Work?
Kathy Gill
….
Told ya that YOU, the voter does not get to elect who will be president

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Some of you seem to make a job to discount all of Americas efforts to do anything and disregard all efforts achieved at great personal loss to the selfless acts of Americas citizens.
They also try to downplay Americas role defending the freedom of of the free world at large.
This is just as unacceptable as those who would discount the valiant efforts by those in each situation at hand.
The world fights for freedom , but never say liberty was not the cause of the Americans who died in foreign lands with great loss to self and for gain to someone else.
Even as I type this , Americans do die with no personal agenda other than for others to be free. This is what happens to those who serve this country in foreign lands , because they believe
in our right that all men be able ...like us to choose.
I will never DIS the Englishmen who fight along side us in this endeavor. The English, Irish , Scottish are men who follow the same banner of the glorious fighters in NATO who defend the western worlds way of life.
And for those who believe in these ideals with knightly honor and chivalrous as they be I salute them and they have my support in arms as well as my life if needed to defend the world I know.
America is the Ace of the Swords.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
This man would honor this and so would I.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-erhabIciSzg/T4WhCmd...
Can’t ever say I met any Brit. who denies that the American had involvement in the world wars. That was not the argument, the argument was that Americans “including you” often claim to have done it on your own, that we could not have done it with the US pulling the allies out of the sh|it. That is US propaganda and bares little relation to the facts.

Fact unless Japan and Germany has not declared war on the US then the US would have continued profiting from both sides of the conflict and it is estimated the war with German would have taken 2 to 3 years longer

Fact Germany had over extended itself in its fight with Russia, It is true that the US helped bring an earlier end to the war, however time would have seen the demise of the Nazis.

Fact the landings in France comprised of a team comprising of troops from America, Britain, Caneda, France (free French and resistance), Poland, Australia, Free Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Czechoslovakia and Greece

So no, you did not pull is out of the sh|t, but you helped

Yes the US helped (eventually) as part of a team and from what I know, helped valiantly. And yes the US is still defending it’s version of freedom as part of a team, albeit at this time the most powerful part of that team.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I think you'll stuff NZ in all formats, especially with their captain issues. Much like England had when SA were in town. I think you must be performing some strong voodoo prior to each series.
<quoted text>
Yes, I think currently we are in a league of our own. We have a fearsome batting lineup, as demonstrated both against England and Australia, anyone in the top 6 batsman can save/win a match for us.

Our bowling attack is also considered one of the finest ever seen.

Fun fact: If Dale Steyn takes a wicket in the next test he plays, he would have broken 300 wickets in 61 tests - on par with Sir Richard Hadlee and Malcolm Marshall. Only two gentlemen did it faster - Dennis Lillee (56) and Murali (58). Not bad company to be in

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Double Fine is off for a week. Greetings to all Double Fine's friends and fans. Stay well, all
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Missing you already.
Double Fine wrote:
Double Fine is off for a week. Greetings to all Double Fine's friends and fans. Stay well, all

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I don't bother with bsfoot now.
When you don't bother about Barefoot anymore, you posts increase.

Funny how that is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before the operative word is “indirectly”– i.e. you don’t actually vote for who will become president you vote for the person who votes for who will become president.
YOu don't vote for your head of state at all: you have no say. I have EXACTLY the same amount of say in who is the head of state in the UK as you: none.

I have the same amount of say of who is the prime minister as you: none.

Zero.

You do not have a vote on who is the prime minister because the prime minister in the UK is APPOINTED.

The POTUS is ELECTED.

I have say on who is the POTUS; I am a citizen of the US.

You do not.

Let us know when you learn the difference been "appointed" and "elected" and we can move on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can’t ever say I met any Brit. who denies that the American had involvement in the world wars.
I guess you been following this thread or suffer from an acute case of very short memory loss.

Why not jump back fifty pages or so and see what you said in diminishing the critical role the US played in saving your bacon.

You do remember not being able to find any proof that the Royal Navy had more ships than the US before WWII?
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Is bsfoot just another watchtower wanker?
I hadn't read his sh!t enough to pick up on that lunacy.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, you contradict yourself so much. And lying will upset your JW god and you wont go to heaven – tought
<quoted text>
Told ya that YOU, the voter does not get to elect who will be president

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
Been here before the operative word is “indirectly”– i.e. you don’t actually vote for who will become president you vote for the person who votes for who will become president. Which of course means that YOU don’t vote for who will become president.
There is a thread from the X I put on my ballot connected to who is the POTUS if I vote for the person who is ELECTED POTUS.

We- CITIZENS of the USA- do elect the POTUS, our head of state.

Do you already forget telling us the POTUS is appointed?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••