In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
42,361 - 42,380 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry could not make out what you were trying to convey.
Well just keep on moving on...
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

"christ in me" also spells: "Stench, I rim!"

That's funny. jesus is a closet rimmer.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that if you rearrange the last four letters of you Topix Monicker it spells 'Christ in Me'? LOL. That is funny. You are a closet christian.
SupaAFC

Pitlochry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?
PS: If it was loaded, I would not be able to answer the question.
EG: is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
I can respond "yes".
As can anyone else who knows what a monarchy is, or who isn't stuck with a lie... like you.

Your turn.
You are either incredibly dense or very dishonest. Despite your obvious immaturity I believe that you are not as dumb as you appear, and are deliberately trying to wriggle out of another hole you have dug yourself.

The penny question is simple because we can both agree about the values of numbers and simple addition. 1 + 1 = 2, 1 penny is worth 1 penny, 100 pennies in a dollar. These are assumptions we can agree with.

Your monarchy question, on the other hand, completely ignores the political context of 21st century Britain. By answering "yes", it gives people the false impression that the monarchy is a serious political player in our country when, despite your continual rehashing of ceremonial powers, they are not.

Literally, we live in a monarchy.

Realistically, we live in a parliamentary democracy.

That is why your question is loaded, that is why you ran away from my explanation.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Thinking wrote:
You're such a moron. You found a link that shows you're still miles behind Sweden!
Simpleton: a link that shows the UK is many more 'miles' behind the USA illustrates that it is easy to find a list on the internet that "proves' anything.

But most: garbage in, garbage out.

If the official name of the state- that would be the name chosen by the state itself- declares that it is a monarchy, it is a pretty safe bet to say the state is a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
The penny question is simple because we can both agree about the values of numbers and simple addition. 1 + 1 = 2, 1 penny is worth 1 penny, 100 pennies in a dollar. These are assumptions we can agree with.
Yes or no: A monarchy is a country ruled over by a monarch; a kingdom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
Your monarchy question, on the other hand, completely ignores the political context of 21st century Britain. By answering "yes", it gives people the false impression
You keep making others responsible for the conclusions to which you jump.

There are one hundred pennies in a dollar.

Who is the head of state of the UK?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
Literally, we live in a monarchy.
I see: if we take what I have said and examined closely what exactly I have said, what I have said is absolutely true.

So the answer to the question: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no? can be answered with a firm YES.

Based... on what the words actually mean.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
By answering "yes", it gives people the false impression that the monarchy is a serious political player in our country when, despite your continual rehashing of ceremonial powers, they are not.
By answering 'yes', I am saying the supreme ruler of the UK is a monarch.

Does the UK monarchy have the power to dismiss the government, yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
That is why your question is loaded, that is why you ran away from my explanation.
Ran away, SuperFAG?

I slapped the snot out of you.

You a panzied-ass lying moma's boy who can't admit he's wrong. Only in your dreams does anyone run away from you.

Literally speaking.
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The UK is not ruled by a monarch.
The US is far less democratic than Sweden with its King.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or no: A monarchy is a country ruled over by a monarch; a kingdom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Thinking wrote:
The UK is not ruled by a monarch.
The US is far less democratic than Sweden with its King.
<quoted text>
UK = monarchy.
Sweden = monarchy
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see: if we take what I have said and examined closely what exactly I have said, what I have said is absolutely true.
So the answer to the question: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no? can be answered with a firm YES.
Based... on what the words actually mean.
Here's a loaded question, is the American president appointed, yes or no?
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
complete jingoistic babble.
No its fact, there have been four ages of mankind
1. The stone age
2. The bronze age
3. The iron age
4. The industrial age
Notice that the industrial age is the only age that was created by just one country, great Britain, an achievment America could never match I'm afraid, that's why Britain will always be remembered long after America, who will be remembered only as a small British colony

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
No its fact, there have been four ages of mankind
1. The stone age
2. The bronze age
3. The iron age
4. The industrial age
Notice that the industrial age is the only age that was created by just one country, great Britain, an achievment America could never match I'm afraid, that's why Britain will always be remembered long after America, who will be remembered only as a small British colony
Dead wrong.

The information age, often called the internet age, is something the US started, and Japan promptly improved.

I hate the US, I can't stand this country, it makes my skin crawl knowing I was born here, give credit where due.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Age
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong.
The information age, often called the internet age, is something the US started, and Japan promptly improved.
I hate the US, I can't stand this country, it makes my skin crawl knowing I was born here, give credit where due.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Age
The information 'age' is not a new age, it is just a small part of the industrial age, a new age us a sciesmic shift in humanity, like the industrial revolution and the bronze age, the information age does not fit this category as it is not a new age and just a small matter, and don't forget that the world wide web is a British invention, so was the first computer, but it doesn't matter as we are all living in the industrial age now, and it will probably be centuries untill the next new age arrives, these things are very rare

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Thinking wrote:
You're such a moron. You found a link that shows you're still miles behind Sweden!
Cheg on. You am a twart![Richard Herring]
Ha ha ha, loving your post! Sweden with its King trashes you again!
Massive, massive twart.
Ha ha ha!
<quoted text>
and Kingdom of Denmark, Kingdom of Belgium, Kingdom of Norway, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Kingdom of the Netherlands

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
UK = monarchy.
Sweden = monarchy
both are democracies

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

USA is a Representative Republic

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
The information 'age' is not a new age, it is just a small part of the industrial age, a new age us a sciesmic shift in humanity, like the industrial revolution and the bronze age, the information age does not fit this category as it is not a new age and just a small matter, and don't forget that the world wide web is a British invention, so was the first computer, but it doesn't matter as we are all living in the industrial age now, and it will probably be centuries untill the next new age arrives, these things are very rare
Sorry, but no, the information age is a real age, like any other, it's not "part" of something because it did revolutionize the world and advance our species, a lot more than most ages. Also, an invention was not the only thing that sparked it, it was the popularity that sparked the age, and face it, the UK doesn't have the population to define what products are popular now, the US does.

I hate the US, but you have to give credit where due, US consumers are what made the world wide web important, without that interest it would have likely gone the way of beta cassettes, and the information age was only marked by the advent of the internet, it wasn't what created it, nor is it what fuels it. The information age is fueled by people finally embracing their natural curiosity, wanting to know, that's what fuels it, and what sparked it. The US people got sick of being in the dark, so we found the technology to end that era and begin the new one.

Look at where all the big companies that drive free access to information are located. They're almost all US based companies, with only a few others. Then there's the fact that without Microsoft's OS, Windows, the internet would never have been usable by most people because most people are not bright enough to use the better OSes.
Liberals Dream

Aniwa, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you aren't giving a tonsil massage right now.
I am giving a tonsil massage right now Prove you are not loving it. Wanna get married?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting short of breath for the laughing at you, Chubby.
Stop laughing and get back to work, it's almost time for you to swallow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••