In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,713

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story
Anonymous

UK

#43941 Nov 28, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see: if we take what I have said and examined closely what exactly I have said, what I have said is absolutely true.
So the answer to the question: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no? can be answered with a firm YES.
Based... on what the words actually mean.
Here's a loaded question, is the American president appointed, yes or no?
Anonymous

UK

#43942 Nov 28, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
complete jingoistic babble.
No its fact, there have been four ages of mankind
1. The stone age
2. The bronze age
3. The iron age
4. The industrial age
Notice that the industrial age is the only age that was created by just one country, great Britain, an achievment America could never match I'm afraid, that's why Britain will always be remembered long after America, who will be remembered only as a small British colony

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#43943 Nov 28, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The stone age
2. The bronze age
3. The iron age
4. The industrial age
Notice that the industrial age is the only age that was created by just one country, great Britain, an achievment America could never match I'm afraid, that's why Britain will always be remembered long after America, who will be remembered only as a small British colony
Dead wrong.

The information age, often called the internet age, is something the US started, and Japan promptly improved.

I hate the US, I can't stand this country, it makes my skin crawl knowing I was born here, give credit where due.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Age
Anonymous

UK

#43944 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong.
The information age, often called the internet age, is something the US started, and Japan promptly improved.
I hate the US, I can't stand this country, it makes my skin crawl knowing I was born here, give credit where due.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Age
The information 'age' is not a new age, it is just a small part of the industrial age, a new age us a sciesmic shift in humanity, like the industrial revolution and the bronze age, the information age does not fit this category as it is not a new age and just a small matter, and don't forget that the world wide web is a British invention, so was the first computer, but it doesn't matter as we are all living in the industrial age now, and it will probably be centuries untill the next new age arrives, these things are very rare

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#43945 Nov 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
You're such a moron. You found a link that shows you're still miles behind Sweden!
Cheg on. You am a twart![Richard Herring]
Ha ha ha, loving your post! Sweden with its King trashes you again!
Massive, massive twart.
Ha ha ha!
<quoted text>
and Kingdom of Denmark, Kingdom of Belgium, Kingdom of Norway, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Kingdom of the Netherlands

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#43946 Nov 28, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
UK = monarchy.
Sweden = monarchy
both are democracies

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#43947 Nov 28, 2012
USA is a Representative Republic

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#43948 Nov 28, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
The information 'age' is not a new age, it is just a small part of the industrial age, a new age us a sciesmic shift in humanity, like the industrial revolution and the bronze age, the information age does not fit this category as it is not a new age and just a small matter, and don't forget that the world wide web is a British invention, so was the first computer, but it doesn't matter as we are all living in the industrial age now, and it will probably be centuries untill the next new age arrives, these things are very rare
Sorry, but no, the information age is a real age, like any other, it's not "part" of something because it did revolutionize the world and advance our species, a lot more than most ages. Also, an invention was not the only thing that sparked it, it was the popularity that sparked the age, and face it, the UK doesn't have the population to define what products are popular now, the US does.

I hate the US, but you have to give credit where due, US consumers are what made the world wide web important, without that interest it would have likely gone the way of beta cassettes, and the information age was only marked by the advent of the internet, it wasn't what created it, nor is it what fuels it. The information age is fueled by people finally embracing their natural curiosity, wanting to know, that's what fuels it, and what sparked it. The US people got sick of being in the dark, so we found the technology to end that era and begin the new one.

Look at where all the big companies that drive free access to information are located. They're almost all US based companies, with only a few others. Then there's the fact that without Microsoft's OS, Windows, the internet would never have been usable by most people because most people are not bright enough to use the better OSes.
Liberals Dream

Aniwa, WI

#43949 Nov 28, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you aren't giving a tonsil massage right now.
I am giving a tonsil massage right now Prove you are not loving it. Wanna get married?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting short of breath for the laughing at you, Chubby.
Stop laughing and get back to work, it's almost time for you to swallow.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43950 Nov 28, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a loaded question.

You keep working on your English questions.

Location hidden

#43951 Nov 28, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.

Take history classes when you pass your ESL class.

Location hidden

#43952 Nov 28, 2012
[QUOTE who="KittenKoder"
I hate the US, I can't stand this country, it makes my skin crawl knowing I was born here, give credit where due.[/QUOTE]

I hate worse are whiny crybabies who insist they hate the USA but here they are, collecting welfare and food stamps and there is not a thing to keep them from leaving this country.

Location hidden

#43953 Nov 28, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
both are democracies
Sweden & UK are monarchies.

Location hidden

#43954 Nov 28, 2012
Mikko wrote:
USA is a Representative Republic
A federal constitutional republic and a democracy.

Location hidden

#43955 Nov 28, 2012
Liberals Dream wrote:
I am giving a tonsil massage right now
I am sure someone appreciates it, tell Karl Rove better luck in the next election.

Location hidden

#43956 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Then there's the fact that without Microsoft's OS, Windows, the internet would never have been usable by most people because most people are not bright enough to use the better OSes.
Speak for yourself, Krusty Odor.

I've been using the internet since before Windows existed.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#43957 Nov 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
"christ in me" also spells: "Stench, I rim!"
That's funny. jesus is a closet rimmer.
<quoted text>
Did you figure this out by yourself? Or did Jebus help you? LMAO!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#43958 Nov 28, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Elected , and as all Presidents , is subject to
Impeachment.

Location hidden

#43959 Nov 28, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
and Kingdom of Denmark, Kingdom of Belgium, Kingdom of Norway, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Monarchies.

Keep up with your ESL classes!
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43960 Nov 28, 2012
USA doesn't equal viva el presidente, twatto.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
UK = monarchy.
Sweden = monarchy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 26 min mjjcpa 105
At a glance: Where the GOP contenders stand in ... 35 min Le Jimbo 9
Romney to tell supporters his 2016 plans 1 hr Your Ex 31
Graham: 'I'm tired of just complaining' 14 hr spud 34
Romney nixes '16 White House run Sat barefoot2626 2
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Flori... Sat swedenforever 3
A Better Cuba Deal Fri WE JUST DONT CARE 9
More from around the web