In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51428 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Anonymous

UK

#43693 Nov 24, 2012
The American dollar used to be the fail safe world currency, but not any more, now no currency is really meaningfully, and certainly not the dollar, the only stable world standard now is gold, this means the death of the dollar as a global standard, other countries are gearing up to hammer the final mail in the dollars coffin, China and Russia, through their massive gold buying are preparing to change the world currency standard, bring the dollar down, in this currency war, America can't win, you are fiscally in to weak a position to try to maintain the dollar on top, everyone can smell the scent of death on America, getting ready to move in

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43694 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
In Britain a hamburger is 59p,
There are 25 millimeters to 1 inch.

It doesn't make the inch of more value than the millimeter.

Location hidden

#43695 Nov 24, 2012
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> The US hasn't been number one
Stalking me now, dear?

Husband leave you?

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#43696 Nov 24, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I found what I called "The Cheeseburger Factor" a far better predictor of economic health than any other indicator. Basically, it involves how many cheeseburgers you can buy on the local currency compared to an equivalent purchasing experience in the USA. From this data, it is EASY to see that most of the world's economies suck. Big time.
What Straa is overlooking is that it's all relative , by the pay scales it seems we get paid more so the difference is minimal.
Also I think but not positive that the prices we pay for cost of living is smaller too, like for gas and food etc.

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Country=U...

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Country=U...

Location hidden

#43697 Nov 24, 2012
Nikki wrote:
Refusing to accept that constitutional monarchies in Europe are democratic is just making you sound unreasonable...
Who is more unreasonable, me refusing to say that monarchies are democracies, or the people here refusing to acknowledge that Belgium, Sweden and especially the UK are monarchies?
'
Is a country that allows some "citizen" (i.e.,'subjects in monarchies) participation in government automatically a democracy? You know that there are elections in North Korea: do you care to argue that North Korea is a democracy?

Location hidden

#43698 Nov 24, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>As a Native American, I can tell
Anything you say, Hiawatha.

Location hidden

#43699 Nov 24, 2012
Nikki wrote:
This is a complicated matter and dictionnary definitions aren't always ideal.
They are a starting point.

Whether or not a country is a monarchy can be defined by a yes or no response, I do believe.

And people can be right or wrong based upon their response to that question.

Location hidden

#43700 Nov 24, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
All you have to do is remember how the aliens landed, pretend you invited the Native Americans who saved your sorry butts the first winter you were here, and VOILA!, Thanksgiving.
Of course, there are no true 'native' Americans, some just got to 'America'' earlier than others.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#43701 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
In Britain a hamburger is 59p, that's less than a dollar, the british currency is viable and stable through the financial industry, London being the financial capital of the world, and north sea oil, it was backed by gold, like every other country is trying to do now, but our idiot chancellor sold our gold a decade ago. In these times, currency must be backed by gold, this is Americas nightmare, world currencies backed by gold, gadaffi was about to do so with libyas currency, but as we all know, shit happens,so what is the dollar tied to, what stability does it have
59p? Really? I meant an edible cheeseburger of course. Maybe I should have called it "The Big Mac Factor" as there may be some understandable confusion in what actually constitutes a cheeseburger. MacDonald's and Big Macs were available just about everywhere and formed a sort of baseline. So tell me, how much is a Big Mac at the local Mickey D's??
Anonymous

UK

#43702 Nov 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moe-ron: the *exchange rate* for the pound to dollar has gone from 1 to more than 4 to 1 to less than 1.6.
That means the value of the pound compared to the dollar has dropped, no matter how hard you kick your feet.
An inch is bigger than a millimeter: does this make the millimeter better?
I am not going to teach you math.
What is it with you and feet, you seem to have and ocd affliction with repeating the sane words over and over and over. Stamp, feet, you are a wierdo

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#43703 Nov 24, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What Straa is overlooking is that it's all relative , by the pay scales it seems we get paid more so the difference is minimal.
Also I think but not positive that the prices we pay for cost of living is smaller too, like for gas and food etc.
http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Country=U...
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Country=U...
There's also "The Petrol Factor" ... they pay for a liter in pounds what we pay for a gallon in dollars. At least, that's how it was last time I was "over there".

Location hidden

#43704 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
In these times, currency must be backed by gold, this is Americas nightmare, world currencies backed by gold,
Gold reserves...

"
1. United States

Value of reserves:$418.39 billion
Holdings total: 8,965.6 tons

The United States Bullion Depository in Kentucky—otherwise known as Fort Knox—is the most famous gold stockpile in the world. It holds the majority of the nation’s gold reserves, the remainder of which is held at the Philadelphia Mint, the Denver Mint, the West Point Bullion Depository and the San Francisco"

Location hidden

#43705 Nov 24, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you are on to something semantically speaking. Practically speaking, the closest thing to a Monarch (in your sense of the word) may still exist ruling some undiscovered pygmy tribe deep in the
Do see how when you cannot refute me you are stuck creating 'quotes' of things I never came close to saying, the straw man is ever present in all your analyses.

I have never be unable to answer yes or no to the question: is the UK a monarchy? nor even provide further qualifications after a simple response.

Anonymous

UK

#43707 Nov 24, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
59p? Really? I meant an edible cheeseburger of course. Maybe I should have called it "The Big Mac Factor" as there may be some understandable confusion in what actually constitutes a cheeseburger. MacDonald's and Big Macs were available just about everywhere and formed a sort of baseline. So tell me, how much is a Big Mac at the local Mickey D's??
Mcdonalds in Britain sell hamburgers for 59p, a cheeseburger is 79p, I don't eat burgers except sometimes the chicken burger at 99p, mcdonqlds is cheap everywhere, and just as horrible everywhere

Location hidden

#43708 Nov 24, 2012

Location hidden

#43709 Nov 24, 2012
Picture, 2011

http://www.maxi-pedia.com/web_files/images/Bi...

£2.39 (so the .59 p price was [email protected])$3.89 converted

Location hidden

#43710 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mcdonalds in Britain sell hamburgers for 59p, a cheeseburger is 79p, everywhere
Of course, I've posted proof (above) the price is £2.39

Looks like Packy is a ...
Anonymous

UK

#43711 Nov 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gold reserves...
"
1. United States
Value of reserves:$418.39 billion
Holdings total: 8,965.6 tons
The United States Bullion Depository in Kentucky—otherwise known as Fort Knox—is the most famous gold stockpile in the world. It holds the majority of the nation’s gold reserves, the remainder of which is held at the Philadelphia Mint, the Denver Mint, the West Point Bullion Depository and the San Francisco"
So, what's your point, when the worlds currencies are gold backed, the dollar as a world standard will be gone, it will no longer be the reserve currency, this is happening, right now, the dollar is in terminal decline, the British pound isn't in a strong position either, nor is the euro, western domination of the worlds finances and currencies is over
Anonymous

UK

#43712 Nov 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, I've posted proof (above) the price is £2.39
Looks like Packy is a ...
Are you stupid, don't you know the difference between a hamburger and a big mac, I said burger dumbass, not big mac

Location hidden

#43713 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mcdonalds in Britain sell hamburgers for 59p, a cheeseburger is 79p,
(quote)
McDonald's Big Mac

New York City:$3.29
Buenos Aires:$1.58 (4.80 Argentine pesos)
Johannesburg:$2.30 (13.95 rand)
London:$3.61 (1.94 pounds)
Moscow:$1.78 (48 rubles)
Paris:$4.09 (3.20 euros)
Shanghai:$1.31 (10.50 renminbi)
Tel Aviv:$3.50 (15.50 shekels)
Tokyo:$2.26 (250 yen)

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/05/what_...

Gosh... what can I say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pence: Trump will "speak the truth" during debate 13 min Dee Dee Dee 6
News Yes, half of Trump supporters are racist 14 hr inbred Genius 754
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 14 hr Human 163
News Anticipating debate, Trump says he thinks syste... 15 hr BabyDoll 112
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 18 hr WasteWater 1,932
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch Sun Reason Personified 29
News Political risk for all in Trump-Clinton 'deplor... Sep 23 bottlecap 8
More from around the web