In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38867 Sep 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never win.
" The power to dissolve Parliament
A dissolution of Parliament is the device that triggers a General Election. Only the Queen can dissolve Parliament and she has the power so to act at any time, for any reason, or for none."
The only times the Queen has ever dissolved parliament is because of requests by the Prime Minister and MPS when the sitting party feels confident in winning an early election, or the five year term has come to an end.

She is a ceremonial ornament. That you refuse to believe this is frankly astounding.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#38868 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about not falling for his distractions. Barefoot is trying to frustrate me with ad homs, false accusations of deceit and continually breaking my posts into multiple replies to try and overwhelm me with a multitude of replies that, when you actually read them, add nothing to his arguments.
Respond with facts and this is what you reduce his kind to. They cannot deal with facts.
Presenting the facts to barefoot usually gets him riled enough to launch a tirade of abuse.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38869 Sep 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
My bet is that he's demonstrating to all and sundry just what an obsessive troll he is.
I think he is a troll. Glancing at his post count, over 41,000, since February 2011, amounts to roughly 74-75 posts a day. That is insane.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#38870 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The only times the Queen has ever dissolved parliament is because of requests by the Prime Minister and MPS when the sitting party feels confident in winning an early election, or the five year term has come to an end.
She is a ceremonial ornament. That you refuse to believe this is frankly astounding.
It's just barefoot being his usual disingenuous self and labouring the ridiculous point for the sake of argument.

He claims to know his history but clearly he doesn't know what happened to the last monarch who tried to forcibly dissolve parliament.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38871 Sep 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just barefoot being his usual disingenuous self and labouring the ridiculous point for the sake of argument.
He claims to know his history but clearly he doesn't know what happened to the last monarch who tried to forcibly dissolve parliament.
But of course when we take "In God We Trust" into consideration, that is just a "motto" and not to be taken literally.

Double standards.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#38872 Sep 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
Barefoot's limited vision demonstrates his complete inability to apply the adjective "secular" .
I apply the English definition of the word 'secular'.

It doesn't come with an asterisk which you can use after Barefoot crammed it up your azz a year ago which - in your expanded vision- means the complete opposite of what it really means in English.

Location hidden

#38873 Sep 26, 2012
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't want to look back in history at the general impact Christianity .
I don't give a hoot.

See what I have said already that it cannot be proved one way or another.

Sort of like the existence of god(s) that you Not Bots insist I am supposed to proved proof for.

Location hidden

#38874 Sep 26, 2012
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but is it loony for example to look at the dark ages and think (A.) they were caused by Christianity.
They weren't.

Putting aside they weren't even dark.

Location hidden

#38875 Sep 26, 2012
Clark Griswold wrote:
.(B.) we would be several hundred years farther advanced today.
Complete balderdash.

There was virtually no Christianity in Arab lands.

Why aren't they several hundred years in front of us?

Location hidden

#38876 Sep 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi DF
barefoot won't answer your question.
Already have.

Facts are not your friends.

Location hidden

#38877 Sep 26, 2012
Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. You have to just accept on faith alone that were the Christians, Muslims and Jews not blowing the shit out of each other all the time, that the world would be a better place.
Says who?

Genghis Khan = not a Christian.

How did he conquer most of the world?

Location hidden

#38878 Sep 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Yeah, barefoot's here and doing his damnedest to argue incessantly and pointlessly with as many people as he possibly can.
And KowKow continues to post after a year of exclaiming she would stop.

Funny how that is.

Location hidden

#38879 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The only times the Queen has ever dissolved parliament is
IS?

Let's review: who has the power to dissolve Parliament?

DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT ****YOU*** INSISTED YESTERDAY THAT THE QUEEN DID NOT HAVE THIS POWER?

Hahahahaahahaha!

Now... it seems that Barefoot has successfully put his foot up your azz yet again.

HAHAHAAHAH!

Only time?

do you want me to put my other foot up your azz again?

Location hidden

#38880 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Lords are not elected by the people, but they are certainly not appointed by the CoE either.
Let's do keep track of all these claims you make.

You do remember insisting your voted for the Lords that were (in fact) appointed by the CoE?

Location hidden

#38881 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
We do not have a physical Constitutional document like yours. What we have is a scrapbook of documents and treaties accumulated throughout the ages.
Translation: You do not have a Constitution.

Location hidden

#38882 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
The facts show that it is the MPs, not the Queen, who decides to dissolve parliament.
You lose again, Barefoot.
Funny how I have refuted this... and you seem to have forgotten to post where I was wrong... and tried to skip past your error.

Funny how that is.

Tell us: who in the UK has the power to dissolve Parliament?

Location hidden

#38883 Sep 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
PS: The Queen could dissolve the UK Parliament today, legally... if she wanted to.
***SLAP***
Quoted myself- since you lie... and paraphrase... even when the quote is right there...

Location hidden

#38884 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I never paraphrase or edit replies unless I am cutting text out of a long quote to fit into the word limit of a post.
You only paraphrase- it's how you announce to the thread such lies as I "said" there are no democratically elected MPs in the UK Parliament...
And when I insist you quote me... you never do.

Funny how that is.

Location hidden

#38885 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
We have already established that you have no idea what quotes are.
Funny how I *always* manage to provide quotes... and you instead are stuck using paraphrase because what I actually say cannot be refuted.

Location hidden

#38886 Sep 26, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
You are claiming that the CoE make these appointments as well as appoint MPs.
Do show us the exact quote.

You do know what a quote is, Shug?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romney declines to say whether he'd run for Uta... Fri Nope 9
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) Thu TdcClv 4,274
News The Next Special Election in the Heart of Trump... Thu NOM s Waffle House 3
News Leading Serb politician is shot dead in Kosovo Jan 16 Used to be a demo... 1
News Rain drowns Perth and floods highways less 38C ... Jan 16 BHM5267 7
News Mitt Romney slams Trump over alleged immigratio... Jan 16 General Kabaka Oba 3
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Jan 15 Human 241
More from around the web