In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#38726 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? You are not only wrong about MPs solely being appointed by the church, but you are wrong that the Church of England even appoints them in the first place!
Your whole claim has been a lie this whole time.
Yo amigo

Hey, does the name Phil Bennett mean anything to you?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#38727 Sep 25, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
(lying stanque quoted)
How do I know this, I live here, I have children in school, I know many people throughout the UK with children in school.
Now does barefoot live in the UK?
Does barefoot have children who attend UK schools?.
(end of lying skanque)

Barefoot (quote MY MOCKING Response, total, in context):
WAH! WAHHHH!

I live in England! SO I GET TO VOTE HE IS WRONG!

WAHHHH!

EVEN though he has proved every thing out of my mouth is LIE, he lives in USA, so I get to rule him wrong!

WAH1

He is right with facts but I live in ENGLAND!

WAHHHHHHH!
(end quote)

Are you a he, skanque? Do you live in the USA? Are you not familiar with the mocking tone?

STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO PROVE THAT THE APPOINTMENTS MADE BY THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND ARE *ELECTIONS* AND NOT (AND THIS IS THE KEY WORD)*APPOINTMENTS*.

Location hidden

#38728 Sep 25, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we can see that, you make it so obvious, as I suggest, up you meds
I suggest you shoot a vial of truth serum into the jugular, Shug!

#38729 Sep 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
(lying stanque quoted)
How do I know this, I live here, I have children in school, I know many people throughout the UK with children in school.
Now does barefoot live in the UK?
Does barefoot have children who attend UK schools?.
(end of lying skanque)
Barefoot (quote MY MOCKING Response, total, in context):
WAH! WAHHHH!
I live in England! SO I GET TO VOTE HE IS WRONG!
WAHHHH!
EVEN though he has proved every thing out of my mouth is LIE, he lives in USA, so I get to rule him wrong!
WAH1
He is right with facts but I live in ENGLAND!
WAHHHHHHH!
(end quote)
Are you a he, skanque? Do you live in the USA? Are you not familiar with the mocking tone?
STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO PROVE THAT THE APPOINTMENTS MADE BY THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND ARE *ELECTIONS* AND NOT (AND THIS IS THE KEY WORD)*APPOINTMENTS*.
Yo.

Double Fine is really over this argument.

Instead, listen to this really awesome song:

Location hidden

#38730 Sep 25, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why waste my time on a pleb like you, I know what you wrote, I know you lie
You being the well-practiced lying skanque?

How pathetic you are, Shug, that you have to invent things I did not say to try to make an argument that cannot be made, in the face of facts that cannot be denied.
SupaAFC

Aberdeen, UK

#38731 Sep 25, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo
Hey, does the name Phil Bennett mean anything to you?
No, but I just Googled him and see that he is a retired Welsh rugby player. Related to him?

Location hidden

#38732 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? You are not only wrong about MPs solely being appointed
You are a lying skanque. How is it that you can open your mouth and your tongue doesn't jump out of your lying face?

Still waiting, Shug: the Church of England appointments: when did you vote for them?

#38733 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I just Googled him and see that he is a retired Welsh rugby player. Related to him?
Nope, local radio station here in South Africa had an interview with the bloke.

To say that he was *a* rugby player is like saying that Everest is a big mountain. What a legend.

Was with the British Lions when they played the Boks here in 1974, under Willie John McBride. With Gareth Edwards, JPR and JJ Williams - the most formidable Northern Hemisphere side in my humble opinion, ever.

Location hidden

#38734 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you agree that Britain is more of a secular country than the United States?
The UK is not a secular county, putting aside Britain isn't a country in the first place. Asking if Britian is a more secular country than the US is like asking if the MG Miget is a nicer tree than as twelve foot tape measure.

Location hidden

#38735 Sep 25, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo.
Double Fine is really over this argument.
You should have known better to engage in the first place.
SupaAFC

Aberdeen, UK

#38736 Sep 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying skanque. How is it that you can open your mouth and your tongue doesn't jump out of your lying face?
Still waiting, Shug: the Church of England appointments: when did you vote for them?
"Moving the goalposts, also known as raising the bar, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. In other words, after a goal has been scored, the goalposts are moved farther to discount the attempt. This attempts to leave the impression that an argument had a fair hearing while actually reaching a preordained conclusion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalp...

You lied about the Church of England appointing MPs. Why should anyobdy care for your new demands, especially when it is ultimately pointless considering the Church of England plays no serious role in British politics whatsoever?
SupaAFC

Aberdeen, UK

#38737 Sep 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK is not a secular county, putting aside Britain isn't a country in the first place. Asking if Britian is a more secular country than the US is like asking if the MG Miget is a nicer tree than as twelve foot tape measure.
"In God We Trust".

You lose, Barefoot. Let us know when you can find a British political source that tells us about the Church of England appointing MPs.
SupaAFC

Aberdeen, UK

#38738 Sep 25, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, local radio station here in South Africa had an interview with the bloke.
To say that he was *a* rugby player is like saying that Everest is a big mountain. What a legend.
Was with the British Lions when they played the Boks here in 1974, under Willie John McBride. With Gareth Edwards, JPR and JJ Williams - the most formidable Northern Hemisphere side in my humble opinion, ever.
Not bad. I'm more of a football person than rugby, especially since Scotland is pretty rubbish at it these days.

#38739 Sep 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have known better to engage in the first place.
I should.

But she left me.

Thank the holy spook it happened before we got married.

Would have lost half my stuff

#38740 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad. I'm more of a football person than rugby, especially since Scotland is pretty rubbish at it these days.
Aberdeen, I see.

Fergie's roots!

Location hidden

#38741 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Moving the goalposts,
Review: you insist you voted for appointments made by the Church of England; I denied you did and demanded you prove it.

You now say these appointments made by the Church of England don't really count.

+++

The secularity of the UK state cannot be compared to the USA as the UK is not a secular state.

Location hidden

#38742 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Why should anyobdy care for your new demands,
How is it your tongue doesn't jump out of your ugly fat lying face?

Location hidden

#38743 Sep 25, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I should.
But she left me.
I can understand why.

Location hidden

#38744 Sep 25, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Would have lost half my stuff
She got off cheap.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#38745 Sep 25, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"
"In God We Trust" is establishing religion.
So much for your secular democracy.
No. "In God We Trust" establishes no religion, as numerous different "religions" believe in "God".

The prohibition is against Congress passing federal laws with respect to "establishment(s) of religion", which means an official government religion.

You have not one clue what the establishment clause means.

The government can constitutionally say or write or declare anything about God it wants. This violates nothing in the Constitution.

Moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) 6 hr spud 11
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Sat ritedownthemiddle 249
News We 'nuns on the bus' don't like Paul Ryan's ide... (Sep '12) Fri Swedenforever 321
News On his 757, Donald Trump dishes about Rand Paul... Fri Tazo 1
News What's in a Name? May 22 Tazo 1
News Media Buzz: Why press should join Jeb and blow ... May 21 Le Jimbo 7
News 'Fear Caucus': Opposing immigration, opposing t... May 20 ILLEGALS TERROR 13
More from around the web