In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
33,781 - 33,800 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Your comprehension of intelligent design study is child-like.
Intelligent design is childish.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Behe 1) embraced Christianity
2) Embraced Darwinism, whatever that is
3) gave up
4) continued to embrace Christianity.
Hey, on another subject.

Any idea what's happened with Dave Nelson?

I think it's been over a week since he last posted.

That's not like him.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the photo somebody posted on one of these threads a few days ago?

Now THAT guy was flexible.

It wasn't his foot.
I missed it.

Thank god.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed it.
Thank god.
Correct.

God was very kind to that guy.

He was intelligently designed.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no perfect system, but at least science attempts to correct itself as a constant effort. CONSTANT.
Right.

So cience is always correct because it is always correcting itself and always changing.

Yesterday the earth was flat, today it is round. Yesterday the sun revolved around the earth today it's the other way around. Scientists assured us that heavy objects fell faster than lighter objects and changed their mind.

Isn't science fun?

Those theists, on the other hand... same god for 5,000 years...
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think what?
God guides them?
Whatever it is that allows them to navigate is far too complex to attribute to mutations.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
"The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory "
The vast majority continue to believe in God.

It is almost as though the scientific community as well as the theist community is not as monolithic as you NotBots insist.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to lie?
Concession acknowledged.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go spewing your christian spite
Better to spew my "Christian" sprite than the boy spiddle that you haven't managed to swallow, SweetCheeks.

Putting aside contradicting the crap you post and pointing to the fool you are doesn't make me any more a Christian than the crowd who share the same opinion, SweetCheeks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bald-faced liar. Worse, you are dogmatic and persistent with your lying.
Did not give two sh!ts about SDI: he knew exactly how well it would work (and how well it has worked over the last 25 years).

BTW: you read up on the Emancipation Proclamation yet, SCROTE?

Just something else you are wrong about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
"According to the Director of Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, three-fourths of all the USSR's propaganda budget from 1984 to 1986 was directed solely against SDI".
yes...SO WHAT?

You do remember that Reagan promised to SHARE SDI (after Americans spend a few hundred million for it... putting aside it never worked)?

But then you forgot that the Emancipation Proclamation freed only some of the slaves, not all, as you asserted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware of the difference in "round" and "spherical"?
The earth is neither 'round' nor a 'sphere'.
The Earth is very round, no matter how hard you stomp your fat lying feet.

And the Emancipation Proclamation did not free all of the slaves in the USA, no matter how hard you whine and cry.

Since: Aug 12

Sandpoint, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Bringmedinner wrote:
Atheists are such posers. They insist on telling little children their dead parent, or sibling is worm food and then making fun of them when they cry. Atheists are sick to the core they can't find.
Now THAT is biased. I know several athiests who would never tell kids their dead sibling is worm food. There is a common stereotype of athiests that portrays them that all they do is try to convince people there is no deity. There are plenty of super-nice athiests out there. You only notice the jerks and say that every athiest is awful.

Would you like me to say that all Christians force others to believe in their god? NO! Because my practically my whole family are Christians and they are the nicest people you could ever meet! Also, my parents are athiests and they are incredibly nice as well, so I know that neither of the two stereotypes are true.

Bringmedinner, go out into the world and find yourself a couple of nice athiests! It'll do you good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. military is not a "party".
I didn't come close to saying the US military was a party, Scrotum.

I understand when things don't go your way, you have to make things up.

Maybe you can borrow from KowKow who makes things up and then copies and pastes the exact same thing a few dozen times.

PS: If you had served in the US military, you would know the US military goes out of its way to make sure you vote if you are inclined to vote- everything short of ordering you to vote.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
Here, in reality, the improbable never becomes certain, because infinite time cannot exist.
That's correct. But it can become anywhere from reasonably likely to overwhelmingly likely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bareface wrote:
Gorbachev didn't give two shits about star wars...
He didn't give two sh!ts: What he cared about was he would be forced to match the spending that Reagan was going to waste on SDI in the Soviet Union and he was sure spending the money that Reagan was prepared to waste would destroy the economy (what was left of it) there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing ever ended ALL slavery. Nobody said it did.
You are a liar.

You did.

So you looked up the Emancipation Proclamation and you read the fine print and it turned out that I was right and you were wrong.

Emancipation Proclamation did not end slaver in the USA as you said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"90% of the official notes .
I don't blame you from diverting.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
You are wrong. The issue is not resolved even now among scientists. The "religiously motivated sophistry" was totally made up by you.
As long as you are civil, I don't mind what you post. You're doing great, BTW, although not with everybody. But you seem to be trying with me, and I appreciate that, Buck. I'd rather trade riffs with you than personal insults. I'll never respect what you respect. But it's not personal, and you seem to understand that now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you won't own your words.
Fine.
Any new info on the October Surprise?
Bwahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaa...
I see you have no info on Reagan's interference on the Iranian hostages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••