Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to ...

Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to the public

There are 2428 comments on the CBS News story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Obama taking "fiscal cliff" fight to the public. In it, CBS News reports that:

President Barack Obama delivers remarks about extending tax cuts for middle class people during an event in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building November 28, 2012 in Washington, DC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2372 Jan 6, 2013
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, both of those sources have found a niche. They have identified a bunch of paranoid, angry, frightened people and have concentrated on fanning the flames of their sicknesses by posting anything that will even remotely support those delusions, regardless of the veracity of what they, the sources, post. Rational people tend to stick with more rational sources.
You are right MSNBC & NYT have found their niche of paranoid, angry, frightened people and have concentrated on fanning the flames of their sicknesses by posting anything that will even remotely support those delusions of hate. Irregardless of the veracity of what they report and their very slanted sources, they post it anyways. Rational people tend to stick with more rational sources like Fox News or CNN.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#2373 Jan 6, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right MSNBC & NYT have found their niche of paranoid, angry, frightened people and have concentrated on fanning the flames of their sicknesses by posting anything that will even remotely support those delusions of hate. Irregardless of the veracity of what they report and their very slanted sources, they post it anyways. Rational people tend to stick with more rational sources like Fox News or CNN.
Had i stuck with those rational voices at fox for the last 7 months, i wouldhave known that a romney win was inevitable

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#2375 Jan 6, 2013
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
??? Says me. You obviously read my post. Why would you say "Says who?"?
Who says Fox and Blaze have no credibility? Partisan certainly, but credibility?

Buffalo, NY

#2376 Jan 6, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says Fox and Blaze have no credibility? Partisan certainly, but credibility?
Fox is the ONLY news source that actually sued for the right to report lies as real news

Akre v Fox News

Most of Fox' reporting is decent, mostly they lie by omission. Last week they reported that the new cliff deal raised taxes on 77% of households, but ever mentioned that is bacuse REPUBLICANS pushed for ennding the payroll tax holiday, and tried to pass it off as Obama's doing

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#2377 Jan 6, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Fox is the ONLY news source that actually sued for the right to report lies as real news
Akre v Fox News
Most of Fox' reporting is decent, mostly they lie by omission. Last week they reported that the new cliff deal raised taxes on 77% of households, but ever mentioned that is bacuse REPUBLICANS pushed for ennding the payroll tax holiday, and tried to pass it off as Obama's doing
That's what both sides do. What is reported is usually true. It's what they don't tell you.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2378 Jan 6, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Had i stuck with those rational voices at fox for the last 7 months, i wouldhave known that a romney win was inevitable
lol Yep, but instead you listened to all the smoke & mirror of Obama and now Obama is even fooling you. BTW, they did not say that a Romney win was inevitable. Fox was saying it was a likely possibility, but even they had it as an uphill climb. However, what they did not count on was that Obama would play so dirty like denigrating a disabled woman and making up the war against women.

BTW, there is theory that Obama won by centering his bribes to be person specific groups. Pg.1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/05/obam...

As political experts assess Republican Mitt Romney's failed U.S. presidential bid, an analysis of how his campaign and President Barack Obama's winning team used cable TV to target ads at specific groups of voters may offer some valuable tips for the future.

During the final weeks before the Nov. 6 election, with polls showing a tight race, Obama's campaign exploited cable TV's diverse lineup to target women on channels such as Food Network and Lifetime and men on networks such as ESPN.

The Obama team used the fragmentation of cable TV's audience to its fullest advantage to target tailored messages to voters in battleground states.

Meanwhile, Romney's campaign relied on a more traditional mass saturation of broadcast TV. The Romney camp was entirely dark on cable TV for two of the campaign's last seven days.

"We don't know why. This was a week before the election and you're in the fight for your life," said Timothy Kay, political director for NCC Media, a cable TV industry consortium.

The race had narrowed to key counties in several battleground states, the kind of isolation ideally suited for cable's geographical targeting and niche-marketing capabilities.

Republican Party operatives dismayed by Romney's defeat continue to debate what went wrong in a campaign awash in cash and run by a candidate with a business background. The former Massachusetts governor's campaign, like Democrat Obama's, spent a record-setting amount of cash; in Romney's case, it was $580 million in 20 months.

Obama's campaign outspent Romney's campaign on advertising by as much as $200 million, according to a Reuters analysis. But when spending by pro-Romney and pro-Obama outside groups is considered, Romney had the edge in overall TV advertising spending.

Republican consultants and advertising experts said Romney had enough money to compete with Obama's final advertising effort. Yet Obama cruised to a commanding Electoral College victory after a final concentration on a small group of battleground states.

"In market after market, the Obama campaign ended up putting more ads on target than the Romney campaign did," said Ken Goldstein, president of Kantar Media's Campaign Media Analysis Group, a nonpartisan consulting firm that tracked political ads and worked with both campaigns.

Stephanie Kincaid, who managed Romney's advertising campaign, declined to answer questions and referred inquiries to top Romney campaign officials Stuart Stevens and Russell Schriefer, her bosses at The Stevens and Schriefer Group, a political consulting firm. They did not respond to phone calls.

OBAMA'S ADVANTAGE

Cable television political advertising jumped from $136 million in 2006 to $650 million in 2012, although broadcast TV still garnered 80 percent of the campaign advertising spending last year.

Even with major broadcast networks and their affiliates, the Obama campaign appeared to out-perform the Romney camp.

A campaign spending review shows the Obama camp frequently spent far less than Romney for ads aired by the same stations during the same shows.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2379 Jan 6, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Had i stuck with those rational voices at fox for the last 7 months, i wouldhave known that a romney win was inevitable
lol Yep, but instead you listened to all the smoke & mirror of Obama and now Obama is even fooling you. BTW, they did not say that a Romney win was inevitable. Fox was saying it was a likely possibility, but even they had it as an uphill climb. However, what they did not count on was that Obama would play so dirty.

BTW, there is theory that Obama won by centering his bribes to be person specific groups. Pg.2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/05/obam...

For example, a review of TV station filings with the Federal Communications Commission showed Romney, on the Sunday before Election Day, paid $1,100 for an ad aired during CBS's "Face the Nation" program on WRAL in Raleigh, North Carolina. Obama paid $200 for a comparable ad on the same station during the same program.

Part of the reason for the Obama campaign's pricing advantage is that the president faced no Democratic primary challenge and was able to buy autumn TV time months in advance when the slots - like airline tickets - were discounted. Romney faced a tough battle for the Republican nomination.

The Romney campaign also simply did not have enough bodies to handle the labor-intensive business of planning, negotiating and placing ads on hundreds of TV stations simultaneously, according to several Republican consultants and media analysts who asked not to be identified.

Obama's campaign had 30 full-time media buyers. The Romney campaign relied heavily on a single person, Kincaid, with help from one or two others from time to time, according to sources close to the campaign. Senior officials with the campaign declined to discuss its advertising staffing.

"It's the equivalent of having a budget the size of a Coca- Cola commercial campaign and having two people managing it, where a Madison Avenue agency might have 50 people," said NCC's Kay. Kincaid and her small staff were overwhelmed, according to numerous political vendors who dealt with them.

Jim Margolis, an Obama campaign senior adviser whose firm GMMB handled its advertising, said the campaign also took advantage of information provided by companies like Rentrak Corp, a Portland, Oregon-based company that monitors the digital boxes attached to TVs in households using satellite dishes.

EXPLOITING FRAGMENTATION

In the past, political advertisers relied on the major networks rather than cable TV in a quest to reach the most television viewers.

But cable TV's increasing popularity has brought dramatic fragmentation to television viewership. In many markets, cable offers a hundred or more channels, giving advertisers a chance to target specific demographics.

For instance, the Obama campaign identified zip codes surrounding Ohio tire-manufacturing plants and purchased cable ads touting Obama's efforts to block tire imports from China.

Obama ran 600,000 cable ads to the Romney's 300,000 around the nation during the campaign, said NCC's Kay. Obama's cable TV push started in April. Romney's began in September.

Obama's team also mixed and matched its messages to sharpen the appeal in key counties.

"My impression was there was much more examination and analytics done with the Obama campaign," Kay said. "The Romney campaign had the same rigid schedule in every state." (Reporting by Marcus Stern in Washington and Tim McLaughlin in Boston; Editing by Claudia Parsons, Marilyn W. Thompson and Will Dunham)

SO, OBAMA FOOLED YOU BIG TIME AND THE LIBERAL MSM LAPPED IT UP. HE TARGETED HIS BRIBES FOR EACH OF THE GROUPS THAT HE WANTED TO IMPRESS. AND YOU LIBERALS FELL FOR IT "HOOK, LINE AND SINKER"! IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU WERE A FOODIE HE WOULD MAKE IT TO WHAT A FOODIE WANTS; IF YOU WERE A ANIMAL LOVER THEN HE WOULD MAKE THE AD FOR ANIMALS. OBAMA PLAYED YOU AND MANY OTHERS LIKE A FIDDLE.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2380 Jan 6, 2013
Piggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wear pig skin of course. Oink Oink
Interesting, is it in pink or white? lol
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2381 Jan 6, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what both sides do. What is reported is usually true. It's what they don't tell you.
Funny how the liberals pretend that their news is omission free. You know their biggest omission was Benghazi during when it was happening or during the election cycle. All the media knew what was happening, but because of their liberal background and leanings to help the Democrat (Obama) no matter what happened was evident in their omission of Benghazi reporting.

Buffalo, NY

#2382 Jan 6, 2013
Whine all you want, but the polls and the media were right, and fox was nowhere close
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2383 Jan 6, 2013
FFS- wrote:
Whine all you want, but the polls and the media were right, and fox was nowhere close
Don't have to whine as you got fooled and Obama played you like a fiddle. Fox was very close and they were the first to call it even though that Carl Rove did not like it. Sweetie, though you appear to know nothing - commentators are not news people. But keep trying as your idiocy make you look sillier and sillier.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

#2384 Jan 6, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2385 Jan 6, 2013
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Yeah, I know and I bet that is reason why liberals copy other successful people or do they do it to make themselves feel better?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2386 Jan 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>No, that was when he replayed the Benghazi attack report. We know he laughed at killing one more gay guy.
What a hateful creep you are. And as if that's not bad enough, you take the side of terrorists against your own President.

Here's hoping your hatred comes back to you tenfold, miserable troll spammer.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2387 Jan 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Her and Professor are roomates or using the same commputer.
You and Jimbo are identical, and you use many other nicks as well. You're the biggest troll, fraud, and spammer on these boards, as well as a compulsive liar, slanderer, and friend of Muslim terrorists.

I don't think you have much room to talk, au Jimbo...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2388 Jan 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
The House next week is proposing a tax that will be fair for the portion of America that isn't paying taxes. It will tax EBT transactions, and will tax you if you are black or an illegal. This will balance the budget in about three weeks and even the playing field for those paying for the free rides.
If such a thing happened, it would be because Republicans were yet again trying to penalize the disadvantaged, old, or sick while pushing more money into the hands of the wealthy. It's the kind of sick, plutocratic reverse-Robin Hood maneuver that impresses Republican voters - and loses elections.

Keep it up!:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#2389 Jan 7, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
If you prefer your own race, is that racist? IF so, there are white racists and black racists, whats the diff?
Translation:

"It's easier for me to hide my own racism if I can pretend that everyone else is as racist as I am."

Just be honest for a change...:)

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#2390 Jan 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
"It's easier for me to hide my own racism if I can pretend that everyone else is as racist as I am."
Just be honest for a change...:)
there you go again, not answering a simple question. What is it about you libs, you cannot answer a simple question with a yes or no, you have to go off in circles to 'explain' your lack of ability to tell the truth.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2391 Jan 7, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the liberals pretend that their news is omission free. You know their biggest omission was Benghazi during when it was happening or during the election cycle. All the media knew what was happening, but because of their liberal background and leanings to help the Democrat (Obama) no matter what happened was evident in their omission of Benghazi reporting.
They have omitted the mental medications that the perp of Sandy Hook was taking so they could focus blame on the guns.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2392 Jan 7, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Jimbo are identical, and you use many other nicks as well. You're the biggest troll, fraud, and spammer on these boards, as well as a compulsive liar, slanderer, and friend of Muslim terrorists.
I don't think you have much room to talk, au Jimbo...:)
Do you share EBT cards too.........

Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores, X-rated shops...

MA can't find thousands of enrollees...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fiorina: GOP Nominee Must - Throw Punches at Hi... 48 min Miss Id 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 3 hr Human 44
News 'Mormon Rivals' -- After 2012 defeat, Romney fa... 10 hr Share your Harem 2
News Let Puerto Rico Go Bankrupt? Maybe. 12 hr sandy1 25
News How should the GOP approach immigration? Tue Prep-for-Dep 334
News Governor Kasich prepares to make his case for P... Tue Howard Hunt 1
News Arizona Electors Question Barack Obama Birth Ce... (Feb '13) Jun 29 WelbyMD 2
More from around the web