Romney at VMI: U.S. Should be More Assertive on World Stage - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News...

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney assailed President Barack Obama's foreign policy in a speech Monday at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Va. Full Story
Foe

Monroe, VA

#41 Oct 8, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't news. He always does a U-turn on everything. The news will be when he stay on course.
By Michael O'Brien, NBC News

A new national poll released Monday prompted wagging tongues in Washington for its result, which showed Mitt Romney leading President Barack Obama on the heels of last week's presidential debate.

A poll conducted by the Pew Research Center found Romney leading Obama, 49 to 45 percent, among likely voters. That sort of result would mark a remarkable reversal in fortunes for Romney, who's trailed Obama in most national polls to date.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/ ...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#42 Oct 8, 2012
I've missed Republican warmongering. Thanks Mitt, for bringing it back.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#43 Oct 8, 2012
Foe wrote:
<quoted text>
By Michael O'Brien, NBC News
A new national poll released Monday prompted wagging tongues in Washington for its result, which showed Mitt Romney leading President Barack Obama on the heels of last week's presidential debate.
A poll conducted by the Pew Research Center found Romney leading Obama, 49 to 45 percent, among likely voters. That sort of result would mark a remarkable reversal in fortunes for Romney, who's trailed Obama in most national polls to date.
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/ ...
Wasn't it just last week that the GOP was accusing the polls of being biased. Now that they show something that you agree with, they are the best thing ever.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#44 Oct 8, 2012
Foe wrote:
<quoted text>
By Michael O'Brien, NBC News
A new national poll released Monday prompted wagging tongues in Washington for its result, which showed Mitt Romney leading President Barack Obama on the heels of last week's presidential debate.
A poll conducted by the Pew Research Center found Romney leading Obama, 49 to 45 percent, among likely voters. That sort of result would mark a remarkable reversal in fortunes for Romney, who's trailed Obama in most national polls to date.
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/ ...
Gallop still shows a different story.

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#45 Oct 8, 2012
The polls are just reflecting his good performance in the debate. I don't think Obama will let him get off with all the lies during the next one. Or maybe Mitt could just debate Mitt during the next one.

thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#46 Oct 8, 2012
Come on folks, these polls mean zip. A tool to give the talking heads something to talk about and keep the election up front. Come on, you think the the voters who made their decision who to vote for have flip flopped? The only poll that will matter will be held on Nov 6.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#48 Oct 8, 2012
CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another delusional, tofu-slurping libtard. Your Messiah, Barack Hussein-as-salaam-alaikum Obama, mmm, mmm mmm! was exposed as the empty chair teleprompter-reading talking point parrot that he has always been. You just refuse to admit it. Romney will destroy him x2 in the second debate; however, it will be difficult to hear due to the hysterical laughter that will continue for days following Bite-me's utter destruction at the hands of Ryan. Now run along and find something to distract the voters.
Biden won't take it so easy on Ryan. Biden will make Ryan explain his budget plan which includes cuts in Food Stamps, Pell Grants, Head Start, voucherize Medicare, privatize Social Security, and then increase Defense spending. Then after he is done with all that, he can explain what a legitimate rape is on the bill that he co-sponsored with Aiken. Then he can explain his experience in foreign policy. There might be laughing, but it could be the other way around.
central va marine

Scottsville, VA

#49 Oct 8, 2012
Good old "Which is it Mitt", did it again.

In his only sincere speech, the 47% speech, the true Mitt said that a settlement between Israel and the Palestinians was not possible. Just a hope. Today in his major, Earth shaking, foreign policy speech, he said that President Obama's policy was based on hope. But he would work on bringing a settlement between ..... you guessed it, Israel and the Palestinians.

Also Mitt, unbelievable said he would put two additional U. S. Navy flotillas in the middle east. George "W" had extras in the same place. But like the rest of us, the sailors watched on television as the terrorist flew planes into the buildings in New York.

Not only does Mitt want to roll back voting rights laws to the 1950's, and women's rights to the same time period, he thinks the Cold War is still going on. Or, does he want to create another one

The only thing foreign about this speech was the subject for the speaker.

And to think that 40+% of Americans may vote for Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and Clint Eastwood.

more to come
yep

Charlottesville, VA

#50 Oct 9, 2012
central va marine wrote:
Good old "Which is it Mitt", did it again.
In his only sincere speech, the 47% speech, the true Mitt said that a settlement between Israel and the Palestinians was not possible. Just a hope. Today in his major, Earth shaking, foreign policy speech, he said that President Obama's policy was based on hope. But he would work on bringing a settlement between ..... you guessed it, Israel and the Palestinians.
Also Mitt, unbelievable said he would put two additional U. S. Navy flotillas in the middle east. George "W" had extras in the same place. But like the rest of us, the sailors watched on television as the terrorist flew planes into the buildings in New York.
Not only does Mitt want to roll back voting rights laws to the 1950's, and women's rights to the same time period, he thinks the Cold War is still going on. Or, does he want to create another one
The only thing foreign about this speech was the subject for the speaker.
And to think that 40+% of Americans may vote for Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan and Clint Eastwood.
more to come
POST TURTLE
There is a lot of truth here. Think about it.
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.
Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his role as our president.
The old rancher said,'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''.
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.
The old rancher said,'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.
The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of a fool put him up there to begin with."
Best explanation I've heard yet.
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#51 Oct 9, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney tax reform does not add up. Romney tax reform will raise taxes on the middle class. Every non partism tax institute that studies taxes says it will raise taxes.
Tony, this is a repeat of OBAMA... Shut up and do the MATH.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#52 Oct 9, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
POST TURTLE
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/7/25/c...
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

#53 Oct 9, 2012
Romney's Approach to Foreign Policy:'Deja Vu All Over Again?'

bushII

Obama 332

rugby 206
Ugh

Charlottesville, VA

#54 Oct 9, 2012
ron paul wrote:
lets stay out of the middle east altogether, they can destroy themselves without our assistance...
Well said, Israel is neither our ally or enemy, just like Egypt.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#55 Oct 9, 2012
Ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Israel is neither our ally or enemy, just like Egypt.
http://rt.com/usa/news/cia-mos sad-israel-espionage-311/

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#56 Oct 9, 2012
thinking free

Richmond, VA

#57 Oct 9, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
POST TURTLE
There is a lot of truth here. Think about it.
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.
Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his role as our president.
The old rancher said,'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''.
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.
The old rancher said,'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.
The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of a fool put him up there to begin with."
Best explanation I've heard yet.
Kinda like Bush2, like he had a clue.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#58 Oct 9, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/k atiepavlich/2012/10/08/exposin g_barack_obamas_illegal_foreig n_campaign_money_loophole
Thanks for that. No point in getting on here, tho -- the C'ville Communists all have their bloomers in a bundle now that their precious "One" so badly botched his first debate.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#59 Oct 9, 2012
Gru wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for that. No point in getting on here, tho --
because, like other conspiracy theories, it's pure supposition that it's taking place in any meaningful form (i.e. voter fraud and other lies)
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#60 Oct 9, 2012
it's as silly to think that someone would fraudulently use a credit card not to enrich themselves, as it is to think that someone would risk prison to vote for somebody else

No wonder Romney wants to kill Big Bird. He knows developing critical thinking at an early age is detrimental to his political agenda.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#64 Oct 9, 2012
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>Fontline should be required viewing for everyone. They've exposed some serious stuff in the past but the tragidy is its never followed up on in the news, cable or otherwise, wonder why that is?
Completely agree. PBS and NPR are the only balanced news reporting we get, and NPR's funding in Virginia has been completely eliminated. PBS is next. The answer to your question is that CORPORATIONS own all the media except for public broadcasting. So follow the money.

Romney election = R.I.P. Big Bird

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell guilty on 11 corrupt... Tue Swedenforever 22
Poll: Rand Paul shows early strength in New Ham... Nov 24 Le Jimbo 1
On third endorsement, Cain backs Romney (May '12) Nov 23 Swedenforever 32
Melaleuca CEO sues magazine, claims defamation (Feb '13) Nov 23 Granolamonger 2
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... Nov 21 Elise Gingerich 95
Pawlenty to Become Wall Street Lobbyist (Sep '12) Nov 21 swedenforever 9
The 2014 electorate would have elected Mitt Rom... Nov 21 Le Jimbo 20

Mitt Romney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE