Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,003

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Read more

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#20898 Mar 2, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
References don't matter? Lets take a look at the Book of Mormon and see why there are so many references to Christ.
Why does the Book of Mormon mention Christ so much?
"we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:26)
The reason why Christ is referenced so much in the Book of Mormon is because it's purpose is to point us to Christ who is our Savior.
We know that it is by the grace of God that we are saved. There is nothing we can do by ourselves that will grant us access to God's kingdom. We do, however, need to be willing to accept his grace into our lives.
Why does the BOM mention Christ so much?
...to make a pyramid scheme seem like a legitimate religion

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20899 Mar 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are, I have a penis. Something you haven't seen in years.
<quoted text>
My Father isn't "Dead to me" you idiot. He is dead, buried, deceased. You said he "is a Bishop." He was, he is no longer.
<quoted text>
The more you post, the more ignorant you show everyone you are.
You need to re-read my post... idiot!

You are a female... I don't care what part of body you wish you had, we know the truth.

And you can twist my words and take only partial of what I said and quote that portion to your liking... it shows your M.O. It's the same as what you do with the scriptures.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20900 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to re-read my post... idiot!
You are a female... I don't care what part of body you wish you had, we know the truth.
And you can twist my words and take only partial of what I said and quote that portion to your liking... it shows your M.O. It's the same as what you do with the scriptures.
I quoted you as you stated it, dumbass. There is no "wishing" about it, I have a penis, retard.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20902 Mar 3, 2013
Dana, you left off part of what I said... You pretended as if I said your Father was dead to you and insinuated that was the end of my statement... but that is not what I said and not what I insinuated.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... My Father isn't "Dead to me" you idiot. He is dead, buried, deceased. You said he "is a Bishop." He was, he is no longer...
I said the following:
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The facts are there... you are a W.O.M.A.N.
2. Dead to you or not... you said in your past posts that your dad was a Mormon Bishop.
3. The more you lie... the less credibility you have.
As far as your statement:
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are, I have a penis. Something you haven't seen in years...
I've never seen your penis because you don't have one... stupid!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20903 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted you as you stated it, dumbass. There is no "wishing" about it, I have a penis, retard.
Once you get caught lying all the time, your reputation is ruined and it leaves your credibility zero.

Sorry dude!

I don't believe anything you say. I have seen you lie about so many things... proof is in the pudding.

Marysville, CA

#20907 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Dana, you left off part of what I said... You pretended as if I said your Father was dead to you and insinuated that was the end of my statement... but that is not what I said and not what I insinuated.
"Dead to you or not..." is an insinuation that I've only cut him off, not that he was really dead, stupid.
I've never seen your penis because you don't have one... stupid!
You haven't seen any penis in years, you're too damn old, fat, and ugly, nobody wants you. By that standard, no one has one. Hell, you're so fat you haven't seen your own vagina in years, so by your logic you don't have one of those either!LOL!!!

Trust me, you will be the last human on earth that will ever see my penis. But keep dreaming. LOL!!!

It's so easy to see how Mormonism got this one. Stupid is as stupid does.

Marysville, CA

#20908 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you get caught lying all the time, your reputation is ruined and it leaves your credibility zero.
Sorry dude!
I don't believe anything you say. I have seen you lie about so many things... proof is in the pudding.
You're so stupid you don't even believe what the church says. Mormonism is still a pervert disgust filth of a faith. You are proof of that. A faith for the lazy and stupid.
CareEnoughToGoog leIt

Yuba City, CA

#20909 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, please show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy. I'll wait.
======

I TOLD the world you're a Satanic, lying sociopath,

LYING: because you CAN.

You: LIE: and say: "The Lord never commanded polygamy."

Denying nearly FOUR THOUSAND YEARS' LEVIRATE MARRIAGE commanded by GOD unto the ENTIRE NATION Israel.
----------

Adult men in Israel, under the law of Moses, were commanded to marry, with some exceptions: civic/military/religious duty, etc.

Therefore the law commanding marriage to wife of a dead brother, meant polygamy MUST occur:

as it did on a REGULAR basis, being a COMMANDMENT.

Elders were commanded: by GOD: to try to talk men into it: and punish a man who won't.

Deuteronomy 25:
"25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger:

her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

25:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

25:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife,
then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say,

"My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."

25:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

25:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot,

***and spit in his face***,

and shall answer and say,

"So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house."

25:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
==========

The LAW COMMANDS.

The law commands the Elders to TALK to MEN about why they won't obey

The law commands the punishment be ***THE WOMAN SPIT in HIS FACE***

The law commands from THEN ON he be known as one who WOULDN'T OBEY the COMMANDMENT.

Satanically possessed, heterosexuality hating,

pathological liars,

will of course try yet to claim it isn't in their Bible.

As we see it is.
CareEnoughToGoog leIt

Yuba City, CA

#20910 Mar 3, 2013
Satanic molestors try to infiltrate everywhere. Dana Robertson is one we threw out after finding out what his version of "counseling a child" is.

Find out what you can, know about the designs of God in these latter days, in thwarting the power of the online version of the general purpose Satanic punk.

Ask yourself what would make a man try to deny for YEARS, nearly four thousand years of Levirate Marriage among the ancient nation of Israel.

Mormon.org

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20911 Mar 3, 2013
You ARE STILL a VILE PREDATOR MOLESTER!!!!!

You ADULTERATE Christ gospel, and all relevant truths.

Your arguments have NOTHING to do with SERIOUS DISCUSSION... rather, a DEEP SEEDED LUST of CONTEMPT for the Lord & your Father (the Bishop).

NOTHING YOU SAY CHANGES THE FACT THAT GOD WILL WIN IN THE END!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20916 Mar 3, 2013
He is too energized for this to be about anything other than himself...

He's got to have a personal stake in it.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20918 Mar 3, 2013
yep, she is selling anti-Mormon literature on she is selling:

The Mormon Historical Reference Library

Copyright © 2002 by: "The Anti-Mormon Preservation Society." Preserving the PastóFor the Future.
Hes DOIN it FOR MONEY

Yuba City, CA

#20920 Mar 3, 2013
Iím charging $9.99 plus 2.00 for shipping and handling,$5.00 shipping for international orders. If you want insurance that is $1.50 (USA only) You can order securely online by using Paypal (the buttons below) or you can send a check or money order to my address, that info is at the bottom of this page.

Dana Robertson

----------
There he is PEDDLIN' thim HATRIDS fer JEEZuS!!

Ya'll COME BACK now, ya HEEYUR!??

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20921 Mar 3, 2013
I wonder what else she's doin for money
He DOES IT for MONEY

Yuba City, CA

#20922 Mar 3, 2013

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20923 Mar 3, 2013
nah, I really don't want to know anymore about her.

I already know she's a liar... that's enough!
He DOES IT for MONEY

Yuba City, CA

#20924 Mar 3, 2013
Go to the bottom of the page: " Iím charging $9.99 plus 2.00 for shipping and handling,$5.00 shipping for international orders. If you want insurance that is $1.50 (USA only) You can order securely online by using Paypal (the buttons below) or you can send a check or money order to my address, that info is at the bottom of this page."
========

I was wondering what would make a disgraced and outed pro-homosexual ex Mormon seem so filled with "zeal for the Lord."

He DOES IT for MONEY

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20925 Mar 3, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that we don't believe in an omnipresent God?
,,,,....,,cut],,,..
Any questions?
No, I have no questions for you and I respectfully disagree with your statement that your church teaches of an OMNIPRESENT GOD.

Here is what your church actually teaches:

"OMNIPRESENCE. Since Latter-day Saints believe that God the Father and God the Son are gloriously embodied persons, they do not believe them to be bodily omnipresent. They do affirm, rather, that their power is immanent "in all and through all things" and is the power "by which all things are governed" (D&C 88:6, 7, 13, 40-41). By their knowledge and power, and through the influence of the Holy Ghost, they are omnipresent."

http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Omnipotent_God;_...

Your church teaches of a separate god and a separate son in a fragmented universe. This is not OMNIPRESENCE. Your leaders themselves admit this is so.

The historical Jesus taught of the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel as the ONLY GOD according to the Judaism that he was raised in:

Deuteronomy 6:4 (New International Version,©2010)

"4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one."

GOD is ONE and GOD is all that is real. We are either one with GOD as Jesus taught or we are simply dust in the wind whirling around in this universe which is an illusion of projection of a greater reality.

The key to who we are is stated in Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,©2010)

"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "

Since GOD is all that exists, logically we are a part of GOD since there is nothing else. And when we understand the holographic nature of this projection that most of humanity calls reality it all makes perfect sense and is a real mind blower!

What the historical Jesus did was to teach an enlightened form of Judaism based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD and our place in GOD. It is only in the understanding that GOD is all that exists that these two statements found in the Greek Scriptures make any sense:

Acts 17:28 (New International Version,©2010)

"28 For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, "We are his offspring"

and:

Ephesians 4:6

New International Version (NIV)

"6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

What is amazing is that we are beginning to confirm this to be so scientifically.

We have been able to confirm that this universe is a projection of a greater reality. In itself it has no substance.

You can easily prove this to yourself by becoming familiar with the nature of matter and how it is manifested:

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Physics-David-B...

The only reality is GOD. Science has proven GOD exists. Scientists don't call the field of consciousness that projects this and other universes GOD, but most of humanity would use the word "GOD" to describe this one field of consciousness that manifests all things once they have experienced GOD'S reality and their relationship to GOD for themselves.

What I have been trying to point out to people is that you can personally verify the nature of GOD and your relationship to GOD. There are different methods of doing so but perhaps the most simple and direct method is the one stated in the Hebrew Scriptures in Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)

"10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

That's all! Be still! Quite the constant chatter of the mind and learn to be observant of what is. It takes practice but the results are well worth it.

Once you have confirmed your true nature in GOD you will be able to understand and agree with this scripture:

Luke 17:21 :

"21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Snerdly Whiplash

Clearlake, CA

#20926 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe it's ok for Dana to lie?
You are just as bad as he is.
Just like a mormon, falsely putting words into a person's mouth in a dishonest attempt to discredit anything they might post that threatens the church. I have never said it is ok for anyone to lie!

And I don't believe it is right for anyone to lie. I don't know Dana, but I do know that if he is actually lying, which I doubt very much, he learned it here:

http://www.exmormon.org/lying.htm

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20927 Mar 3, 2013
I forgot to log in before making the above post.

Here is an excerpt from the article on Lying for the lord:

http://www.exmormon.org/lying.htm

" 'John Taylor - apostle and later a Prophet
This is from a post in the exmormon mail list about John Taylor. The "I" refers to Richard Packham.

I had told how one of the things that led me to question was seeing a missionary tract among my grandfather's missionary papers which was a report of a debate in 1850 in England between John Taylor (then an Apostle) and a Protestant minister, in which the minister accused the Mormons of practicing polygamy. Taylor responded that such a base and vile accusation was a lie, and proved the lie by quoting the D&C section (as it was then published) affirming monogamy as the only form of Mormon marriage. What shook my faith was the realization that Taylor was lying, having multiple wives waiting for him in Utah at that very moment.

Several months ago somebody asked me about that tract. I had searched my folks' things last summer when I was home, trying to find it, but without luck. I knew I had seen it, because it had made such an impression on me. I had to answer the inquiry by saying that I could not prove that Taylor had said that.

But I have found it! Not the copy of the tract that my grandfather had owned, but another copy of it. It is reproduced in Orson Pratt's Works, and a photocopy is in Sharon Banister's great handbook "For Any Latter-day Saint" at page 288-298. There Taylor says, in 1850: "We are accused here of polygamy, and actions the most indelicate, obscene, and disgusting, such than [sic] none but a corrupt and depraved heart could have contrived. These things are too outrageous to admit of belief; therefore ... I shall content myself by reading our views of chastity and marriage, from a work published by us, containing some of the articles of our Faith.'Doctrine and Coventants,' page 330.[1850 version]... Inasmuch as this Church of Jesus Christ has been reproached with the crime of fornication, and polygamy, we declare that we believe that one man should have one wife, and one woman but one husband, except in case of death, when either is at liberty to marry again..."

Here are the women to whom John Taylor was married at that time, listed from D. Michael Quinn,_The Mormon Hierarchy:[vol. 1] Origins of Power_, p 597:

Leonora Cannon, md 1833, 4 children
Elizabeth Kaighin, md 1843, 3 children
Jane Ballantyne, md 1844, 3 children
Anna Ballantyne (Allen), md 1844, separated 1845, divorced 1852
Mary A. Oakley, md 1845, 5 children
Mary A. Utley, md 1846
Mary Ramsbottom, md 1846
Sarah Thornton (Coleman) md 1846, div 1852
Lydia Dible (Granger Smith), md 1846
Ann Hughlings (Pitchforth), md 1846
Sophia Whittaker, md 1847, 8 children
Harriet Whittaker, md 1847, 3 children

He had also been married to Mercy R. Fielding (Thompson Smith) for 2 years, 1845-1847.

So much for the outrageous accusations!"

I suspect that the hateful attacks against Dana and other ex-mormons here is because they know to much that is damaging to the image of the church.

By using really hateful ad hominem attacks, ironically the church confirms the truth of the existence of their strategy of lying for the lord!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romney campaign official joins Gov. Scott Walke... 6 hr Marcavage s Trick 90
News Scott Walker's gloomy pitch for the presidency Mon Lamer 26
News Video: The Very Worst of Harry Reid Mon Electra41 1
News MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... Mar 27 barefoot2626 150
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Mar 27 swedenforever 226
News VIDEO: Mitt Romney 'Reflects'; Talks 2016 Elect... Mar 26 Le Duped 1
News America declares Barack Obama worst president Mar 26 About time 89
More from around the web