Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20226 Feb 15, 2013
Simply wrote:
Polygamy was nothing more but disgusting lust....why can't mormons see that?
1 Tim.3:2 If a man desire an office of a bishop he MUST be the husband of ONE WIFE. There it is a command.
This is for mormons. If polygamy is to be practiced in the future, how would ur wives feel about it?
Polygamy among non-Mormons is alive and well just in the US. Why don't you Google it and read the testimonials from those involved in the practice? Hmm?
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20227 Feb 15, 2013
Yeah he can't figure out why he had to tell them to have the Bishop usually not be a polygamist cause the job requires so much work & time.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20228 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses made laws for polygamous relationships. Moses (most scholars state) recieved his laws from God. That means God gave laws to regulate polygamous marriages. That insinuates a support for polygamous relationships by God. Why? Because if God was trully against polygamy as you claim, he would have made laws against it for all Israelites. And he would never have made laws to regulate a thing you say he didn't support.
Firstborn Inheritance Rights
15 “If a man has two wives, one loved and the other unloved, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the unloved, and if the firstborn son is of her who is unloved,
Idiot

He also gave laws on what to do if someone steals, commits adultry, or murders.

Just because Moses or God or his Prophets give laws on how to deal with the consequences of mans sins does not me they are condoned or to be practiced.

Again God's commands forbid Polygamy not once does he command this God or his prophets no he in fact calls us to be of one wife and Especially Elders leaders of the church if the are not of one wife the NT commands us God commands to allow them in leadership positions.

That is why LDS is FALSE they do and did.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20229 Feb 15, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
...blah, blah, blah..
The Lamanites loved one another,
The Islamic terrorists on 9/11 loved one another,
The Jews who murdered Jesus Christ loved one another;
but, you are absolutely right you can't speak for me.

So DON'T!

Post after post you deny that your DUTY is to FOLLOW Church Standards... you TRY to conveniently say it's alright to do things YOUR way.

If it was okay to do things your way... YOU would be HEAVENLY FATHER. You're not him and have a long way to go based on your posts. The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to do your DUTY.

On judgement day the Lord Almighty is going to do his DUTY and he is going to condemn all those who preach against him, all those who don't do what he said.
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20230 Feb 15, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot
Just because Moses or God or his Prophets give laws on how to deal with the consequences of mans sins does not me they are condoned or to be practiced.
Again God's commands forbid Polygamy not once does he command this God or his prophets no he in fact calls us to be of one wife and Especially Elders leaders of the church if the are not of one wife the NT commands us God commands to allow them in leadership positions.
If what you're saying's not the pathological lies of a Satan-darkened mind,

then when I google
"Jewish Polygamy"

and

"Biblical Polygamy"

There won't be 4,000 years of God not only commanding polygamy,

but commanding it

for the entire Israelite nation,

with some exceptions, like rigorous religious work, military duty, etc.

Oh - but I did.

And they DID practice polygamy : for 4,000 plus years,

with the Jews MOSTLY abandoning it in the year 1,000

and some Jews and some Christians practicing it this very day.

Your bizarrely criminopathological attribute, that God gave rules on how sin was to be practiced, peg you as satanic.

GOD made it LAW
that ALL whose brothers died, who weren't otherwise exempted by conditions such as above,

were to marry his wives.

There were sensible consideration exemptions for women who met certain requisites & who didn't want to marry any of the brothers.

All it takes to check on a sodomite's claim that God hates heterosexuality is about TWO QUICK SHAKES of that STICK of JUDAH in that satanic face.

God doesn't MAKE sin HIS law.

YOU make it YOURS.
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20231 Feb 15, 2013
Which is why you're still writhing around in full-on denial after that entire internet full of all the information it takes to make you a lying sociopathological laughingstock & general purpose, satanic pro-Sodomite.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20232 Feb 15, 2013
Care Enough To Google It wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they do. They mean "don't choke on your condom denying the reality of Mary being pregnant the way Joseph's neighbors would."
JOSEPH HID MARY because HIS NEIGHBORS WOULDN'T HAVE BELIEVED SHE COULD BE
PREGNANT without SEX,
TOO.
Carol I'm not the one denying the virgin birth, it the LDS church that is. Come to terms with it.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20233 Feb 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lamanites loved one another,
The Islamic terrorists on 9/11 loved one another,
The Jews who murdered Jesus Christ loved one another;
but, you are absolutely right you can't speak for me.
So DON'T!
Post after post you deny that your DUTY is to FOLLOW Church Standards... you TRY to conveniently say it's alright to do things YOUR way.
If it was okay to do things your way... YOU would be HEAVENLY FATHER. You're not him and have a long way to go based on your posts. The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to do your DUTY.
On judgement day the Lord Almighty is going to do his DUTY and he is going to condemn all those who preach against him, all those who don't do what he said.
That is why all LDS who do not repent and turn away from their false LDS Jesus and their false prophets, and false Gospel that contradicts God's Word found in his inerrant book called the Bible will be judged and dammed and separated from the Love of God.

So time is running out for you, repent and turn away from your Evil LDS sect and come on over to the real Jesus he will nourish your Soul.

God Bless

Marysville, CA

#20234 Feb 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You and anyone else can twist this all you want. Smith, you know, the guy that phrased and instituted the WoW, he stated it didn't come by way of commandment.
If it had been a commandment, a whole lot would have changed in how things were being done in Smith's time instead of the 1920s and 30s.
More and more of the word of wisdom became a requirement to hold positions and finally to even be a member as time went on, as parts of it was defined/redefined to mean this and that.
Read the fricking history you didn't pay attention to in your 30 years as a Mormon.
So, you're saying that the Mormon is wrong making it a commandment? Because it certainly is today. Why should any member of the church have to live a higher standard than the prophet? Moses didn't take a vote on the Ten Commandments or the Torah. So if people are being denied temple recommends or even being allowed to join the LDS church because someone won't follow the WoW it's is the church that is wrong, not the member. Because you have clearly stated it isn't a commandment. Proof again the LDS church isn't tghe church of Jesus Christ.

Marysville, CA

#20235 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
but commanding it
Carol, please show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy. I'll wait.

Marysville, CA

#20236 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
That is why all LDS who do not repent and turn away from their false LDS Jesus and their false prophets, and false Gospel that contradicts God's Word found in his inerrant book called the Bible will be judged and dammed and separated from the Love of God.
So time is running out for you, repent and turn away from your Evil LDS sect and come on over to the real Jesus he will nourish your Soul.
God Bless
Amen.

Marysville, CA

#20237 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Idiot
God set the standard from the beginning, He created one man and one woman to be one. He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve, and Tammy, and Betty, and Susan,...etc.

People are to become one flesh, not one dozen.
Simply

Ballwin, MO

#20238 Feb 15, 2013
Right on Dana....their word of wisdom doctrine is still evolving...
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20239 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
If what you're saying's not the pathological lies of a Satan-darkened mind,
then when I google
"Jewish Polygamy"
and
"Biblical Polygamy"
but commanding it
with some exceptions, like rigorous religious work, military duty, etc.
Oh - but I did.
And they DID practice polygamy : for 4,000 plus years,
with the Jews MOSTLY abandoning it in the year 1,000
and some Jews and some Christians practicing it this very day.
Your bizarrely criminopathological attribute, that God gave rules on how sin was to be practiced, peg you as satanic.
GOD made it LAW
that ALL whose brothers died, who weren't otherwise exempted by conditions such as above,
were to marry his wives.
There were sensible consideration exemptions for women who met certain requisites & who didn't want to marry any of the brothers.
All it takes to check on a sodomite's claim that God hates heterosexuality is about TWO QUICK SHAKES of that STICK of JUDAH in that satanic face.
God doesn't MAKE sin HIS law.
YOU make it YOURS.
Again Dumb Dumb Jews practiced Idolatry for 4000 years as well, they practiced witchcraft, Remember the Story of Elijah.

That does not make it acceptable before God.

So again I do not dispute Jews practiced Polygamy and that is why so many times in the OT God brings his Judgement Upon the Jews allows them to be taken into slavery for being disobedient.

BUT NO WHERE DOES GOD COMMAND IT OR ENDORSE IT IN THE BIBLE.

NO THE BIBLE SPEAKS AGAINST IT AND SAYS IT ONLY LEADS TO FOLLY.

SO DUMB DUMB go have all the wives you like and receive your just dessert but it will not go well for you or the LDS on judgement day.

God Bless

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#20240 Feb 15, 2013
I believe that, when Satan inspired Joseph Smith to write that the angel’s name was Moroni, he showed his twisted sense of humor, since Satan could have been telling people to believe in a non-existent angel who called itself ‘Moron I’.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20241 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
You don't even know "ALL" LDS... You're an idiot and have no credibility.

You say these things against the Church, but they are not true.

you don't go to the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. source...(The church authorized sources)...

you go to anti-Mormon sites for your "ninja anti-key copy paste evidence" but really they are your opinion and lies).

I don't think you are "Pro" Christianity at all. I think your a fraud and an atheist. I think you lie and twist things for your convenience.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20242 Feb 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
God set the standard from the beginning, He created one man and one woman to be one. He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve, and Tammy, and Betty, and Susan,...etc.
People are to become one flesh, not one dozen.
You are such an idiot. Stop lying.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20243 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Again Dumb Dumb Jews practiced Idolatry for 4000 years as well, they practiced witchcraft, Remember the Story of Elijah.
That does not make it acceptable before God.
So again I do not dispute Jews practiced Polygamy and that is why so many times in the OT God brings his Judgement Upon the Jews allows them to be taken into slavery for being disobedient.
BUT NO WHERE DOES GOD COMMAND IT OR ENDORSE IT IN THE BIBLE.
NO THE BIBLE SPEAKS AGAINST IT AND SAYS IT ONLY LEADS TO FOLLY.
SO DUMB DUMB go have all the wives you like and receive your just dessert but it will not go well for you or the LDS on judgement day.
God Bless
OH My Gosh... you think you know all things and truth is you rarely know anything based on your post.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20244 Feb 16, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol I'm not the one denying the virgin birth, it the LDS church that is. Come to terms with it.
Lying yet again, I see.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20246 Feb 16, 2013
I've been a member for 27 years and hardly any of dana or egypt words are true.

They are anti-Mormon... they copy paste things from unauthorized sources.

They twist information and lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP chairman: Campaign prep just as important a... 1 hr Davy 5
News Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Graham: 'I'm tired of just complaining' 17 hr swedenforever 35
News Poverty issues inch into 2016 presidential race 18 hr Straight Up Honesty 13
News Jeb Bush seeks authenticity by standing ground ... Sun Tazo 1
News Problems facing poor inch into 2016 presidentia... Sat Ace 1
News Ted Cruz on Mitt Romney: 'Where he got clobbere... Sat Tazo 1
More from around the web