Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19979 Feb 10, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Still ROFL about your resource library where all your knowledge is obtained...
Tell your apostles, loony tunes. What's the matter, scared to watch it? It does have a "trigger" warning..it makes you question, but no worries..at the end are apologists sites to erase them from your memory.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19980 Feb 10, 2013
ConcernedEnoughToGOOGLEiT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually God instructed Abraham: the father of all the Abrahamic religions, Jews, Christians, Muslims,
to take another woman who was considered, as less legally so,
than a wife, to give him a child; even though for whatever
apparently political reasons the woman couldn't inherit.
Claim to not know of this is the work of a posturing bullshoot from word one.
Moses: the man prepared by God, to invent,
the sole national consciousness of selection by God,
to live for God,
in so many things he told them how many tassles
they had permission to put on clothes,
directed the setting up of a of a National tribal leadership He orchestrated through fantastic miracles -
to defy the entire regional crossroads politics till the END of the WORLD, one day:
Yes that Moses:
he had at least one more wife.
==========
GOOGLE JEWISH POLYGAMY and then try to explain to us your 1500s bible is more authentic than their 1500 BC or whenever Abraham and his additional concubine if not a wife.
Tell the Jews they didn't practice polygamy from the earliest days of a national Israelite law.
They'll laugh in your face.
==========
Acceptance of polygamy or not is no proof you're a people of God; indeed, rejection of it is proof your people think they have a better way than whoever told Abraham;
than whoever told Moses:
==========
than whoever told every Jew ever born before the year 1,000 or so, he better polygamously marry his deceased brother's wife and raise up a family to that man, if need be.
==========
There were other mandates on taking plural women as personal protectorates and inheritors of men's legacies.
==========
The very society Jesus Christ set up to select men after his own heart was famously polygamous as mentioned briefly in your edited version of the ways Jews lived then;
but, as I said, I Googled "Jews Polygamy" and you're revealed an insolent insulter of the God who sent you Jesus Christ, your Father
in Heaven. Just pure evil.
Your "posturing ignoratti" costume
has too many holes to justify claiming to think you're anything but some fanatical
troll.
When you start discussing Jewish history and lying like that, it's as easy
to check as Bing/Google.
That's how I found most of that out.
So if you had really wanted to be involved in any truth telling,
you wouldn't have shown up
lying through your teeth
that even conceptually,
it might somehow be anything but
bald faced lying
without regard
for God above,
to
claim
to
"not know."
You sound like a Canadian environmental wacko screaming about Climate Sin.
You had better grow up.
Unless you can certify all that documentation on GOOGLE/BING is none of God's most critical characters having not just multiple wives but multiple women,
you're the one who's the pathological liar, nutter.
Where to begin with this Absurd post its hard to decide.

I will just point out that Abrabham took a second wife not because God told him to but because he his faith was weak and he did not Believe God could have really meant his 100 Sara who was barren could have a child.

I will let you read how that worked out for him.

The Only thing you got right is I am a Canadian, your fishing was succesful on that.

However I agrue against Climate Change and Global warming and I am on a deep water Drill ship to boot.

So I will give you a couple of minutes to wipe the mud of your face.

BTW If Google and Bing are your Bible let me know so I know where you are coming from. Are you LDS?

LOL

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#19981 Feb 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated the following... "It was clearly against the Ten Commandments for a man to marry a woman who was already married."
You now state that two commandments, one concerning adultery and one concerning not to covet actually were commandments that were really saying you can't marry more than one wife. You're off your fricking rocker.
You stuck your foot in your mouth and instead of pulling it out and rewording yourself, you shove it in deeper by using two commandments that have NOT A SINGLE THING TO DO WITH MARRING MORE THAN ONE WIFE...lol.
I'll say this again, there is no commandment not to marry more than one wife in the Christian ten commandments. And why don't you go ask Liam in the other thread. Go ask him if among the Christian's 10 commandments if one prohibits the marrying of extra wives. I dare you to do it :)
Still the dumbass. They do prove you can't marry a woman who is already married, which is what you wanted proof of, or are you too ignorant remember that? Oh, how you do love to change things after being shown with an idiot you are.
Again, being an intentional dumbass isn't going to save the perverted LDS church and it's sicko leaders.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19982 Feb 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem intelligent but you speak like a whacko, just repeating the same things over and over and over. You do have something different to say besides pasting the same information I told you I wasn't disputing of him having 30 to 50 'pretend' and 'non-legal' marriages?
Let's go over this for you.
God set forth prophets and leaders.
Many of those most notable prophets and leaders engaged in polygamy.
But you stated God didn't support polygamy.
Yet we know on one occasion God gave David, a righteous man, a man of God (before he became king) the wives of King Saul. Now consider that. God, who you claimed is against polygamy, who you claimed didn't support polygamy, engaged David to be a polygamous leader.
And that means nothing to you? Why am I not surprised :)
You posted I had no first hand evidence so I posted my evidence again as it is first hand evidence your deceit did not go unnoticed.

With regards to David Answered above again you have removed a verse out of context and fail to consider the verses before and after.

If you conquered a nation in War and the spoils were that nations slaves does that mean God condones slavery.

Because David was righteous before God does that mean Murder is OK as David committed 1st degree murder.

YOUR logic is absurd to say the least.

David was righteous before God not of himself but because he knew his Savior, you really need to read the Bible on your own and stop regurgitating LDS propaganda.

Marysville, CA

#19983 Feb 10, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again read the evidence first hand most of it and most of it from LDS members who helped him have cordial visits with these women he was married to. That prove he hat intercourse with many of these women. You will need a week to through all of it I will be here when you get back from doing your homework.
NOW since when did it matter to the LDS whether these marriages were legal under US LAW, again if we are to take your pseudo logic to its natural conclusion then not one temple marriage is valid or real because the US government does not consider them a legal marriage. So you can't have your cake and it too. What matters is the LDS of his day believed they were marriages before God as did J.S>, YOU not only make straw men arguments you are now pulling at straws in a desperate attempt to hold on to that which you know is a lie.
Truth Matters LDS are not Christian the Bible tells us so.
He does love to play ignorant word games, as if it matters to the reality.

Truth is the last thing that matters to him.

Marysville, CA

#19984 Feb 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol....you're a real nut case. You'll chase rumours and second hand information like it's from God himself. But you won't use the brain God gave you to logically and rationally ask questions before you make a judgement call. You prove it's just easier to judge than it is for you to use rational and logic to ask questions. What in the *ell are you so scared of? Why are you so willing to deem rumours and hearsay as fact but you won't address actual evidence as having a meaning?
lol... and than you end such an intelligent reply with calling Smith a "..lying, thieving, pervert, pig, and sicko." like those words are going to hurt Smith or me?..lol...fricking whacko you are...all you prove (once again) is you're good at unintelligent replies where I challenge you to respond in an intelligent fashion.
And you're the master of being a full blown idiot who will swallow any stupid doctrine of the LDS church, no matter how absurd. Truth has never met your lips.

Marysville, CA

#19985 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow way to take me out of context and build another straw man
I said endorse polygamy
So again what prophet claimed it was God's will to practice Polygamy.
You can go thru the OT and find Many prophets of God Sinning.
David killed his best friend to be a Polygamist and marry Bathsheba, by your logic thats ok too. you truly are a nutter.
No Surprise has never been one to let something like truth or facts interfere with his thinking.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#19986 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
You should just make a 'sticky key' to
help fine tune your

'copy paste ninja skills'- just call it your 'anti-key'

so you can speak out against the worship of Christ, in any way/shape/form you see fit to condemn.

No Surprise is not LDS... he states that over and over again.

I see your anti-key is hard at work proving
The CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints isn't a
Church of Jesus Christ at all because of:

No Surprise,
and Joseph Smith,
and Moses,
and Abraham,
... and Jesus Christ.

Your accusations of the LDS Church "not" being Christians
lays on the foundation of your
anti-Abrahamic/Isrealite/Mosai c based OPINIONS...
not fact based.

Your credibility is non-existent.

You have anti Biblical history agenda.
Multiple
agenda.
ConcernedEnoughT oGOOGLEiT

Yuba City, CA

#19987 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Where to begin with this Absurd post its hard to decide.
Where to begin is admitting you lied, through your teeth,

and now you're trying to explain away existence of history since Abraham of God not only endorsing,

but commanding polygamous heterosexuality for

thousand
upon
thousand

of years.

You're an ignorant huckster so swiftly checked on, even Google proves you're a systematic denier of Jewish heritage, history and history of worship.

Your changing the subject that it being so easy to check your pathology is surprising to you just locks you in.

Yuba City, CA

#19988 Feb 10, 2013
It locks you in as a pathological liar with no more place at the table of Jesus Christ's disciples than Iscariot himself, Egypt.

No one respects pathological lying so easily checked.

Jus' sayin, maybe when you become oriented toward reality based truth telling scenarios, you won't be so transparently, Satanically driven.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19989 Feb 10, 2013
Egypt,

Maybe you can share your anti-key instructions with
Mrs Dane Roberts...

just "YOU TUBE" it,
or you can instruct him on "WIKI-Pedia".

Oh, wait... he already has copy paste ninja skills
an anti-key,
and false agenda of his own.

Yuba City, CA

#19990 Feb 10, 2013
Satan is the father of lies, and as your leader, he drives you to obsessive-compulsive lying, and changing of the subject, Egypt.

People who everyone agrees is possessed by Satan, such as serial molesters, murderers, rapists,-

that sort of people - lie, like you.

With glib, shallow, apparent lack of concern that everyone believes it: as long as they can feel they "pulled one over, on a few people."

People who enjoy lying for the thrill of empowerment: spitting in the face of God for trusting you, mankind, anyone, with decision making.

Like YOUR father Satan.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19991 Feb 10, 2013
ConcernedEnoughToGOOGLEiT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where to begin is admitting you lied, through your teeth,
and now you're trying to explain away existence of history since Abraham of God not only endorsing,
but commanding polygamous heterosexuality for
thousand
upon
thousand
of years.
You're an ignorant huckster so swiftly checked on, even Google proves you're a systematic denier of Jewish heritage, history and history of worship.
Your changing the subject that it being so easy to check your pathology is surprising to you just locks you in.
You wrote
Where to begin is admitting you lied

Uhhh Flaming snow flakes back at ya.

Did not know this was the who can be the most absurd poster thread.

Okay then YOU WIN

YOU are the most absurd.

Yuba City, CA

#19992 Feb 10, 2013
Like the father of all those other sociopathological, liars, Egypt.

The god of the lover of the dark. The god of the lover of the lie.

He told you to despise God's way. He told you that you don't have to honor past prophets' relationship to God because you have one, yourself: a personal one.

But you don't have a personal relationship with God as long as you remain a sociopath:

a glib, lying fanatical misleader of humanity,

with artificial zeal for

telling lies in the name of the Lord.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19993 Feb 10, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Egypt,
Maybe you can share your anti-key instructions with
Mrs Dane Roberts...
just "YOU TUBE" it,
or you can instruct him on "WIKI-Pedia".
Oh, wait... he already has copy paste ninja skills
an anti-key,
and false agenda of his own.
LOL ROFL

Ok you got no evidence so its name calling 101, can't show your faith is based in factual evidence so you turn to mud slinging, were you Barrack's campaign manager?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19994 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
2Co 11:4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.
You see the LDS preach a different Jesus then Apostle Paul.
LDS preach Jesus is a created being he is the spirit brother of Lucifer and that he is not the creator of the Universe.
You see you preach a different Jesus and thus are not Christian.
You are no more Christian than JW's or Hindu's or Muslems who all believe in A Jesus just not the one of the Bible
So there is your verse I can post more if you like.
BTW You should be ashamed as the Bible does not have a Verse that says Satan worshipers are not Christians either but we all know they are not because the Bible defines what is a Christian not what is not.
Truth Matters and you are missing it big time.
we are taught about the same Jesus that is in the KJV of bible. Same Jesus.I.was taught about as a child in a different denomination that Mormonism. Being a christian is about not only believing in christ, but following his example. I am christian, but your opinion as to weather I am or not has no bearing on my eternal salvation.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#19995 Feb 10, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> we are taught about the same Jesus that is in the KJV of bible. Same Jesus.I.was taught about as a child in a different denomination that Mormonism. Being a christian is about not only believing in christ, but following his example. I am christian, but your opinion as to weather I am or not has no bearing on my eternal salvation.
Yes My opinion as to whether you are a Christian or not has no bearing on your eternal salvation

And neither does your opinion have any bearing on whether you are Christian or Not.

Mt 7:15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
Mt 7:16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Mt 7:17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
Mt 7:18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
Mt 7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mt 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
Mt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
Mt 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

You see the LDS put their Faith in a false Prophet J.S. who claimed to be greater than Jesus.

You See the LDS believe in a different Jesus than the on revealed in the Bilbe KJV included.

YOU see the LDS believe Jesus is no the creator of the Universe that he had a beginning and was once a Man like you or eye.

YOU see the LDS teach Lucifer is Jesus's spirit Brother

YOU see none of that is biblical and contradicts the Bible and the teachings found in the Bible

It is not I who says followers of the LDS faith are not Christian it is the Bible who says they are not.

The Bible defines what a true believer is what he believes if he truly has found the true Messiah and is covered by his blood.

We all are called to test our Faith and see if stands in light of God's Holy WORD preserved through out the ages.

Unfortunately for those who profess an LDS Faith it does not stand the biblical test it contradicts the Bible.

Truth matters LDS are not Christians the Bible tells you and me so.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19996 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
Do you even hear yourself?

You have the same old, same old, anti-key knee jerk response with Not Ashamed...
<quoted text>
Yes My opinion as to whether you are a Christian or not has no bearing on your eternal salvation

And neither does your opinion have any bearing on whether you are Christian or Not.
The truth doesn't matter... only your opinion matters.

Yuba City, CA

#19997 Feb 10, 2013
I suppose Egypt is saying that since there's no being sure from just his opinion whether he's a practicing Christian, there need to be historically accurate evidence from the Abrahamic religious way.

He needs to check whether his religion has 12 Apostles as Jesus' Church;

He needs to check for baptism in immersive fashion as outlined in religious historical documentation of Jewish Temple bathing rites, and Christianic rites of identical submersions as baths, washing away sin;

He needs to check for laying on hands for a gift of edification called the "gift of the holy ghost."

He needs to check whether his church assigns and sets aside all men in devisions of priesthoods such that all are priests, but not all are qualified to assign the laying on of hands,

He needs to check for miraculous visitations from Angelic beings resembling men, who identify with the characters of history so well those biblical characters speak with them,'as one man speaketh with another'

He needs to check that his own church has groups of seventy at a time set apart to spread the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ,

He needs to check that the priesthood can not be attained through donations of money

He needs to check that the persons involved claim of themselves as personal individuals, visiations from angels, God Himself, and having also visions of how things are going to be in the future, often referred to as 'dreams'.

He needs to check to be sure the organization is divinely appointed with heavenly beings doing all primary instruction before momentous events;

He needs to check to be sure the beings claimed to be seen, testify of repentence, and of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God of Israel; and that said beings appear to be able to quote, verbatim, scripture: identically in model to those of the Abrahamic religion's documentation.

When he has those

he can be sort of like the Mormons

who have those. And more.

He needs to check whether his organization has a culture of gathering by priests of one tenth for distribution to those in need.

He needs to check for whether the culture surrounding the organization he joins seem to have an unusually high number of regional and area-wide champions, as though the culture creates a large amount of personal self-development: where being successful is the norm in activities demanding a lot of perserverence.

He needs to check for an overall high amount of cultural sensitivity to the concepts of governance; crime among the indoctrinated being the exception rather than rule,

with the culture members being very frequently sought out as cultural secular leaders due to a capacity to work within governments.

The culture should have a high rate of literacy and stress systematically and statistically methodological ability to check for coherence in written & spoken language.

The culture of his church should be one that STRESSES CONTINUAL REVERENCE FOR even JESUS CHRIST,
the SAVIOR of THEM who REPENT of THEIR SINs.

The culture of his church should teach of a Godhead which uses classical leadership and political hierarchy organizational schematics & terminologies regularly,

His church should be an organization that has many converts from many different walks of life, from many different languages, lands, tribes, peoples.

His church should have a REFERENCE SYSTEM REGARDING MALE and FEMALE SEXUALITY as LITERAL and UTTERLY INTRINSIC to the BEINGS whom they claim to worship: such that a God CAN impregnate a woman: and that the CHILD be FULLY sexually functional in every way: and never
ever
refer to sexuality or human reproductive evolution in ANY but CLASSICAL sexual TERMS,
OVERLAPPING the GOD they WORSHIP and the FAMILY of MAN WORSHIPPING them.

No sneak tricks about how God's a deceiving liar because he didn't catch VD like the monogamists.

Then there are actually quite a few more things he can check and if he's got all that down for sure,

as we Mormons have in ours,

MAYBE.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19998 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Again read the evidence first hand most of it and most of it from LDS members who helped him have cordial visits with these women he was married to. That prove he hat intercourse with many of these women. You will need a week to through all of it I will be here when you get back from doing your homework.
NOW since when did it matter to the LDS whether these marriages were legal under US LAW, again if we are to take your pseudo logic to its natural conclusion then not one temple marriage is valid or real because the US government does not consider them a legal marriage. So you can't have your cake and it too. What matters is the LDS of his day believed they were marriages before God as did J.S>, YOU not only make straw men arguments you are now pulling at straws in a desperate attempt to hold on to that which you know is a lie.
Truth Matters LDS are not Christian the Bible tells us so.
The only real truth you have established is that you're good at pasting.
Next. There is no evidence, no solid evidence that Smith had sex with a single wife. We know what people claimed AFTER Smith was dead. And usually a decade or more after his death.
You or I or anyone else can have all the opinions we want of this topic. The fact remains there is no solid evidence to prove Smith consummated a single 'pretend' marriage.
In will not rely on rumours and hearsay as being facts as you do it. If you're going that route, you might as well believe the rumour Hitler was a Jew and that's why he hated them. You might as well believe the rumour that Bush planned and commanded 9/11. Rumours are called that for a specific reason. Because they are statements that haven't been proved as true with undisputed evidence. A child would be undisputed evidence. A dead or living child would be evidence. A trial against Smith for the charge of bigamy where it was shown he committed bigamy by evidence like living children, living with each wife individually in a home he established with her, things like that would prove Smith had sexual relations and had committed bigamy.
But none of that exists. And until something comes forth to prove beyond a doubt Smith had consummated all 30+'pretend' marriages, only rumours exist. Understand?
And of this marriage thing, it's a straw man argument for anyone that uses it. It matters not what any one claims or who believes those marriages were true and real.
The marriages were all false. They were pretend. So Smith by the legal definition of marriage in the US didn't marry any man's wife. I know that doesn't sit well with you but it's a fact. Smith legally married one wife. Only one. And that is the only legal wife and his only wife of all his wives that he had many, many children with.
Tough for you to prove Smith was sexing 30+ wives in a 3 year period for probably hundreds of times and never sired a single known child. Yet he and Emma would have sex and she'd become pregnate within the year.
So feed me some more of your straw man argument of how a man was having sex with 30+ women in a three year period for hundreds of times and not a single birth can be proven. Waiting ...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wahlberg's plea points up risk of issuing pardons 16 hr Dr Wu 4
Free Press bankruptcy truth squad on alert with... (Jan '14) Sun reality is a crutch 4
Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush lead GOP 2016 field Sun barefoot2626 39
Who is the worst president since WWII ? Sun mjjcpa 1,105
Tea Partiers Are Right: Jeb Is a RINO Dec 19 Foster 6
A Jeb Bush 2016 Run Would Have Huge Implication... Dec 18 Le Duped 7
Buffett, Gates, and Adelson: Billionaires prod ... Dec 16 swedenforever 3
More from around the web