Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#19809 Jan 26, 2013
Protester wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RU721E0IJRIXX&feature=rel ated
You turn to YOUTUBE for valid answers... to sway others about what a cult is... lol. WOW!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19810 Jan 26, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, the only babies that are be adopted to gay men are the Aids infected ones. The last baby anybody wants. If true, I don't have a problem with that. Child molestation is a problem with all groups, not just homosexuals. More and more women are being caught molesting boys also. Look at the raise of female teachers being caught having sex with their students.
Dana... for once, I can truly say I agree with part of your post.

Women molest boys (and they molest girls also), it's not only an act by men. There are far too many people simply using their individualized filthy desires to fetish and devour little ones.

It's tragic... but true! For instance, drug addicts sell their children for drugs. I mean quality parenting right!

For the gay part... that's your opinion...(and your entitled to your opinion) but I definitely think that every child (even little aides babies) needs good people around them... to love them and offer them a quality life... not abuse them.

However, for the gay part... whose to say that a gay man for instance has aides and adopts a aides baby... then molest it... nothing is won by this argument.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19811 Jan 26, 2013
Pearl,

It's nice to see you. I don't know if you remember me, but I hope all is well in your world. Have a great day!
The Watcher

Clearlake, CA

#19812 Jan 26, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic doesn't even make sense. You justify your logic with ramblings not even reading what his words meant. You obviously do not know the teachings of the Church. If your going to quote something and make such ramblings.... you should study and research what your talking about.
The name of the Church it's self is... "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints".
It is not Joseph Smith's Church... It is the Lords Church... how you try to mince and chop words into pieces to serve your cause is a waste.
Joseph Smith indeed did not do what Jesus Christ did... and Jesus Christ did not do what Joseph Smith did. That's what was said if you put any thought into it at all. The 2 had 2 different purposes. Just like you and I have 2 different purposes.
There are many in this world that set out to do nothing more than establish doubt and they only seek to set fires and doubts and causing drama.
Food for thought: What is YOUR purpose?
How does your quote imply establishment of a cult or your over the top attempt at trying to be clever by your quote "To call this group Christian is like calling Nazi Germany a democracy" make sense?
In context?

Whatever context you put it in Joseph Smith said what he did and your church's claim of being Christian is false. You can put other meanings into what he said but it will only delude the twue believers. Any intelligent person will understand precisely what was said.

There are many other embarrassing quotes by your leaders as well that clearly indicate what your religion is.

And what I said, "To call this group Christian is like calling Nazi Germany a democracy" makes perfect sense, especially when we consider your blood atonement doctrine and the massacre committed at Mountain Meadows, not to mention your position on sexual orientation that has driven many of your young people to suicide.

Here is an interesting article on the Mountain Meadows Massacre and how it affects the mindset of the current church:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

Murder, treachery, lying, none of these qualities are considered Christian.

And your ad hominem attacks against those who point this out just adds to the insanity being observed here on topix as the defenders of the Mormon religion try to defend their non-christian church with lies and slander just as Brigham Young did in denying responsibility for the massacre!
allforjesus

Seymour, IN

#19813 Jan 26, 2013
This is a cult run by Satan himself. So many people are blinded by Satan and his lies ...if you'd like a real relationship with Jesus christ get a hold of me

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19814 Jan 26, 2013
The Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
In context?
... blah, blah, blah...
Well, you are entitled to your opinion... but to force it on others proves your mentality and your objectives.

Are you a Jehovah Witness? Hence "The Watcher"

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19815 Jan 26, 2013
allforjesus wrote:
This is a cult run by Satan himself. So many people are blinded by Satan and his lies ...if you'd like a real relationship with Jesus christ get a hold of me
lol...

That is an extremely challenging argument you make there. How much of the Church do you know about? Where do you learn it from?

Did someone tell you?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19816 Jan 26, 2013
The Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
... And your ad hominem attacks against those who point this out just adds to the insanity being observed here on topix as the defenders of the Mormon religion try to defend their non-christian church with lies and slander just as Brigham Young did in denying responsibility for the massacre!
you're funny...

I do not believe I attacked you... maybe I offended you though.
The Watcher

Clearlake, CA

#19817 Jan 26, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are entitled to your opinion... but to force it on others proves your mentality and your objectives.
Are you a Jehovah Witness? Hence "The Watcher"
force it on others?

I'm not forcing you to reject your religion, so let's not try to force me to reject the historical evidence that accurately proves that your religion is not Christian. Topix is a debate forum. I am questioning the premise of the subject of the thread. Nobody forced you to read my posts. And nobody forced you to attack my posts with your ad hominem attacks.

How about the Mountain Meadows Massacre. I notice you offered no defense for this religious terrorism that shows your religion's lack of Christian values other than your ad hominem attack questioning my mental state.

and it isn't an opinion to site historical evidence that indicates that your religion is not Christian by any definition but your own.

And no, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, another non-Christian religion very similar to your own.

I have presented historical evidence that can be documented that backs up my opposition of your claim to be Christian. That's all. You can form an opinion based on your appraisal of the accuracy of what I presented just as I can form an opinion based on your response but again, evidence is not an opinion.

peace.

“Poor Boy, Long Way From Home”

Since: Feb 11

Need To Know Basis

#19819 Jan 26, 2013
Only the bigoted ignoramuses would argue that a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not a Christian. Don't listen to bigoted ignoramuses. I've known Mormons and they are true Christians in the noblest sense of the word. And this is written by a NON-CHRISTIAN. Shalom.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19820 Jan 26, 2013
The Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
I have presented historical evidence that can be documented that backs up my opposition of your claim to be Christian. That's all. You can form an opinion based on your appraisal of the accuracy of what I presented just as I can form an opinion based on your response but again, evidence is not an opinion.
peace.
Well, I have not seen your evidence presented...

My point is nobody "FORCED" you to come to a Mormon site and post your anti-Mormonism, cult, Nazi-Germany rambles.

Present your evidence... not your opinions!

How are you implying that Brigham Young assaulted and killed the Christian members of the Church?

How was it his fault... have you read the documented historical trials those people endured to have the "CHOICE" to practice their own faith???

Isn't that what the Constitution says? We too have the right to CHOOSE. Just because you accuse the church as being non-christian doesn't make it so

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19821 Jan 26, 2013
post above...

Mormon site = Mormon thread.

there are other threads... but you choose to come to this one, so if your here you obviously want your posts read right?

Do you have a problem with someone having a differing opinion than you?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#19822 Jan 26, 2013
Has it ever occurred to you that people have gotten cross ways with larger civilization

and the truth get lost between

the mud,
the blood, &
the ink,

- not to mention the twisted versions of interpretations, in other words "opinions", that are

rewritten,
retried, &
repeated,

and their efforts fail to break the Church time and time again?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19823 Jan 26, 2013
Protester wrote:
I'm an Ex-Mormon
(next post)
So am I. What difference does that make? None.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19824 Jan 26, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you check out the link?
Listen, I'm not saying your claim is false. But any one can post anything on youtube. I would like some actual "credible" links like to some study by a university or an accredited scholar or two who show what you claim is true to their opinion and evidence they claim to have, that Smith copied those images from a copy of the book of the dead. That was your statement. That means you should have a link(besides to youtube)that shows which copy of the book of the dead Smith had access to in the mid 1830s that existed for him to read and copy from.
ABN Ortiz

Chicago, IL

#19825 Jan 26, 2013
I say 100% of religious peole are moron, at one time or another.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19826 Jan 26, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement that religions, Jesus as God, etc. ALL being a matter of opinion is ridiculous. It also means that no religion is legitimate.
The reality is that only the one true faith can be proven right, and all others can be proven to be frauds.
The fact is that Mormonism is such an outrageous fraud that those who follow it WANT TO BE DECEIVED, either by accepting the lies and making stuff up or by being too gutless to check out the links and face reality.
That's a bit two faced, really. You no doubt claim Smith took from the Bible and whatever else and composed the BOM and that's wrong.
Yet a group of Roman Christians did the same thing some 1700 years ago. They took from Jewish writings and added Jewish Christian writings and made a book that the Jews reject as Christians reject the BOM.
And the Jews reject the Christian Bible for almost the exact same exact reasons that Christians reject the BOM. Jews claim Christians added to the words of God that God himself didn't authorize to be had, just like Christians claim Mormon added to the word of God that God himself didn't authorize.
The Jews didn't believe prophets were needed any more. They rejected the prophets that claimed to be prophets of God.
The Christians don't believe prophets are needed any more. They reject those that claim to be prophets.
Scary similarities seriously!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19827 Jan 26, 2013
The Watcher wrote:
Since Joseph Smith set himself above Jesus and the prophets, doesn't this mean the Later Day Saints are Smithists, not Christians?
" Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam.
A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."
from History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 408-409
I would think that a man who boasts that he is greater than all those who have came before him should have his cult named after himself, not someone for whom he has nothing but contempt!
To call this group Christian is like calling Nazi Germany a democracy!
Smith made the statement at a time when many, many people, ex-Mormons also, were trying to tear down his church and obliterate it to the four winds. Many told him he couldn't succeed and that he'd fail at what he claimed would happen, that the church he was establishing would fill North and South America and the rest of the world(which prophetic utterance came true).
That was the basis for why he made this declaration. So take what he said as you will. It was a boast. But I don't think it was as much of a egotistical boast but more than a claim of accomplishment for then and into the future.
It is a fact well established by Christian scholars, that the church Jesus set forth with prophets and apostles and seventies and bishops, etc to exist after his death, that church died. After Jesus died so did the prophets and apostles and seventies and bishops etc. The only thing the existed for the next two centuries was what one person passed down to the next person from memory and from written copies of this and that said by Jesus or the apostles and whom ever else. And only fragments of this information was had by different people from Italy to Africa for two centuries.
Also, Smith wasn't setting himself "above" Jesus and the apostles. Smith made a true statement. The people that Jesus enlisted to form his church, to nourish his church and to carry on his church after his death, they failed. The words of Jesus and the apostles existed that weren't destroyed, but his church he set forth came to an end.
Smith began a church in the name of Jesus and the people Smith selected to carry it on after his death, they did that. His church he formed in the name of Jesus still exists 180 years later.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19828 Jan 26, 2013
The Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
In context?
Whatever context you put it in Joseph Smith said what he did and your church's claim of being Christian is false. You can put other meanings into what he said but it will only delude the twue believers. Any intelligent person will understand precisely what was said.
There are many other embarrassing quotes by your leaders as well that clearly indicate what your religion is.
And what I said, "To call this group Christian is like calling Nazi Germany a democracy" makes perfect sense, especially when we consider your blood atonement doctrine and the massacre committed at Mountain Meadows, not to mention your position on sexual orientation that has driven many of your young people to suicide.
Here is an interesting article on the Mountain Meadows Massacre and how it affects the mindset of the current church:
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...
Murder, treachery, lying, none of these qualities are considered Christian.
And your ad hominem attacks against those who point this out just adds to the insanity being observed here on topix as the defenders of the Mormon religion try to defend their non-christian church with lies and slander just as Brigham Young did in denying responsibility for the massacre!
Hey papasmurf :)
Well let's compare.
Judas didn't trust Jesus. Judas was a lover of money and coveted things. Jesus chose Judas as an apostle.
Peter denied knowing Jesus. Peter tried to cave in the skull of a guard and barely missed. Jesus chose Peter as an apostle.
All the apostles doubted and disbelieved in the bodily resurrection Jesus told them how many times would happen?
All the apostles wouldn't believe Mary that Jesus was back in a body and probably called her a liar!
All the apostles wouldn't believe in Jesus's resurrection till they had "physical" proof of his existence.
As you said... "To call this group Christian is like calling Nazi Germany a democracy" makes perfect sense,"

“Poor Boy, Long Way From Home”

Since: Feb 11

Need To Know Basis

#19829 Jan 26, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
post above...
Mormon site = Mormon thread.
there are other threads... but you choose to come to this one, so if your here you obviously want your posts read right?
Do you have a problem with someone having a differing opinion than you?
You're obviously NOT a Christian. You're a freaking bigot. Screw you and people that think like you then. Freaks like you are the reason so many people HATE you. Your "Lord" didn't preach to exclude the gentiles. He reached out to them. How un-Christian of you. Hahahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romney version 3.0? 2 hr justhefacts 149
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 8 hr barefoot2626 12,446
Team Rubio message: Ready to run 16 hr Cujo 10
Zionist Lobby in US Takes a Hit in Latest Natio... (Nov '12) 16 hr swedenforever 14
Republican White House maybes court evangelical... Sun Le Duped 1
Romney says climate change presents a big chall... Sun Swedenforever 7
Marco Rubio Emphasizes Middle-Class Roots, Dreams Jan 24 Obama Stinks 10
More from around the web