Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 912)

Showing posts 18,221 - 18,240 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one with the mental disorder, advocating abuse, and supporting the abusers.
You're a pathetic idiot. So is haw and numu. You all base anything you have to say about Mormons from a deep seeded, vile hatred that amazes me that you're still yet alive and haven't succumbed successfully to self-murder.
None of you have any idea of what percentage of children revealing homosexual attraction go through all the things you claim ALL MORMON HOMOSEXUAL CHILDREN MUST GO THROUGH.
There are supposedly 13 million plus Mormons in the world. You three pathetic idiots hold all 13 million Mormons accountable for the actions of an actual small number.
Then there's the fact that you don't differentiate reaction value between non-active Mormons who are no different then non-Mormons and that of active Mormons.
Then there's the fact that you don't differentiate between the smaller number of active 24/7 Mormons and those that may or may not attend just church service once or twice a month on Sunday and never the temples.
But again, you three pathetic idiots see no differences in any of that. If a single Mormon parent is guilty of negative actions to a supposed homosexual child, to you three pathetic idiots, all 13 million plus active and in-active Mormons are just as horrendously guilty.
Thoughts like that are an actual mental disorder. It's defined by a person who can't see actual differences between an individual(s) and an entire group of people and sums one action by one as the action of all others relative to that person. Check the APA if you have any disbeliefs. It's root cause is said to be paranoia and paranoias are "usually" all based in one or more abnormal fears.
Do 24/7 Mormon parents who have children hope those children will hopefully have children, etc fear the thought that one or more might be a homosexual? Of course. Billions of non-Mormon parents on this planet who have children and hope those children will have children etc have fears that one may be a homosexual. They fear that because it's a statistic (Google it if you have disbelief) that "most" true homosexuals do not have children. It is an actual small percentage of true homosexuals that will go through all the $ and time and legalities to have a biological child.
So the actual numbers of 24/7 active Mormons that would subject a child revealing homosexual attractions to such negative input that it would drive that child to self murder, are very few compared to the number of 24/7 active, semi-active and non-active parents that wouldn't do that to their child. And those few are the one's that you three rant and rave about and claim all 13 million Mormons are behind and connected to doing also.
You're all three pathetic extremists filled with unbridled hate and rage and for what single good reason? If you had children, would you use the same vile hate and rage to talk to them with?
And PS... I'm not married and have choose abstinence for about 6 years now. There is life without sex. Kind of nice I know now :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
At least NOW you're honest about what Evergreen does to homosexuals: "I couldn't care less..."
Actually....having did some in depth research as I knew little of them, actual patients of Evergreen are adults. A minority of minors might be allowed in.
Many of the people that help run that organization since it's founding in 1989 are ex-patients. Many of the counsellors/therapists are ex-patients, you know, the patients that once were SSA who now say they aren't. I assume you'll call them all liars and that won't be a surprise :)
Also, they don't use electroshock therapy. And if they use any chemicals for treatment, the patient has to confirm the usage of them.
Your references to the Mormon church and ECT is based on what it did do over 30 years ago, not in recent decades. Also, ECT is monitored by laws in all 50 states. One of the laws for a long while now is that a patient has to be an adult to be able to choose to participate in ECT as they still use ETC for manic depressives and or other mental disorders by shrinks.
It's nice that you wish to project a false view that the only persons entering Evergreen are Mormon minors that are being forced there by Mormon parents and are being forced into electroshock therapy (ECT) against their will by Mormon shrinks but that is no surprise coming from you as usual :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur cult is causing people to kill themselves.
So are you, what's the difference? Some of them deny their kid to be their attraction and the kid commits self murder over the stressful reactions. You urge those same kids to be their sexual attraction, something their to young to be and they commit self murder over the stressful reactions.
You're no different of a murderer then those you deem a murderer. Gotta be somemore of your idiocy at work :)
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I wasn't raised Mormon. I know how tithes and offerings work in other churches. My mother taught me to give 10% to the lord. She is baptist.
Then you know it is not a "commandment" anywhere else but in your cult. It might be the "ideal" of people like your mother but it is not a "commandment" that you must follow or suffer the fires of hell. Worse yet, if you don't like where the money goes (because they actually tell you in the other churches) you can actually decide to put that money to other uses.

Please tell me that every November/December in the baptist church you were forced to meet personally with the pastor and he reviewed and scrutinized what you had given to the offering plate throughout the year, and if it wasn't sufficient, he threatened to take away benefits. I really want to hear that.

Again, you refuse to open your eyes as to just how much of a cult your group is. It has always been on the other side of that line. And for you to equate it with other mainline Protestant denominations is just ludicrous. The autocratic nature puts it in another league entirely. You are truly blind.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually....having did some in depth research as I knew little of them, actual patients of Evergreen are adults. A minority of minors might be allowed in.
Many of the people that help run that organization since it's founding in 1989 are ex-patients. Many of the counsellors/therapists are ex-patients, you know, the patients that once were SSA who now say they aren't. I assume you'll call them all liars and that won't be a surprise :)
Also, they don't use electroshock therapy. And if they use any chemicals for treatment, the patient has to confirm the usage of them.
Your references to the Mormon church and ECT is based on what it did do over 30 years ago, not in recent decades. Also, ECT is monitored by laws in all 50 states. One of the laws for a long while now is that a patient has to be an adult to be able to choose to participate in ECT as they still use ETC for manic depressives and or other mental disorders by shrinks.
It's nice that you wish to project a false view that the only persons entering Evergreen are Mormon minors that are being forced there by Mormon parents and are being forced into electroshock therapy (ECT) against their will by Mormon shrinks but that is no surprise coming from you as usual :)
I call BS on your BS. Again, I've pointed to numerous videos and testimony of persons who have gone through this as recently as 2006. And there will be more who come forth and say it happened more recently, I fear.

Because you've made the choice to not have sex and still function and it works for you does not mean it works in the same manner for others. And it's a very poor assumption to imply that every same sex relationship is solely based on sex. In fact, these assumptions are quite arrogant of you. But then again, you feel that the world revolves around you and your superior intellect and your "in-depth" research. It does not. You have quite a few screws loose, as anyone who reads your own posts here and considers themselves a functional member of society can readily discern.

And with that, I'm through paying attention to you for another few weeks. I need to go to work. Enjoy your day alone pasting your own mind diarrhea for everyone else to ignore. I'm too busy for it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue of what she does outside this forum. You just don't like the heat she or the rest of us put on your cult.
Heat? Bwaaaahaaahaaaahaaaaa!

4 or 5 members of the church have chosen to engage you, at their leisure, on this forum. Other than that, no one even knows you exist.

Your "heat" doesn't even count as a gentle warm breeze.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>You finally admit that you're a cult now (albeit in your trademark wishy-washy way). Now have a look (if you dare) at just why we call your group a cult: Warning: This video is a classic. Note the late 60's/early 70's Moog synthesizer... Switched-On Cults!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hey..I found a blog about the instruction manual for this video..

http://mormonthinkblog2012.blogspot.com/2012/...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Heat? Bwaaaahaaahaaaahaaaaa!
4 or 5 members of the church have chosen to engage you, at their leisure, on this forum. Other than that, no one even knows you exist.
Your "heat" doesn't even count as a gentle warm breeze.
Hey, funny you should post to me today. Based on our conversations the past couple of weeks regarding extremists, I'll have to tell you what ate at me briefly today at work as I was doing some pattern matching in a raw dataset I was given to munge through. I am wont to use what's called a Soundex function or algorithm quite a bit to find close matches between place names, person names, town names, and so forth to find and correct common spelling errors in the massive amount of data my company receives and processes every day ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundex ). And so the wheels were turning...

Cary L Nickel.... Cary L Nickel.... Cary L Nickel....

Hmmmm...

Thinking about your latest Michigan Militia-esque rantings on here your name sounds familiar....

Cary... Carry... Cerry... Terry!!

Nickel... Nickels... Nichels... Nichols!!

Let's see: what was his middle name... According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Nichols it is... wait for it... LYNN!!

Eureka!! That's it!!! Cary L Nickel... Terry L. Nichols!!!

The Soundex scores of those two names are simply off the charts.

Coincidence?

Not in my line of work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, funny you should post to me today. Based on our conversations the past couple of weeks regarding extremists, I'll have to tell you what ate at me briefly today at work as I was doing some pattern matching in a raw dataset I was given to munge through. I am wont to use what's called a Soundex function or algorithm quite a bit to find close matches between place names, person names, town names, and so forth to find and correct common spelling errors in the massive amount of data my company receives and processes every day ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundex ). And so the wheels were turning...
Hmmmm...
Thinking about your latest Michigan Militia-esque rantings on here your name sounds familiar....
Let's see: what was his middle name... According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Nichols it is... wait for it... LYNN!!
Coincidence?
Not in my line of work.
BwahahahahaA...the doomsday prepper!
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey..I found a blog about the instruction manual for this video..
http://mormonthinkblog2012.blogspot.com/2012/...
Thanks for that wonderful addition to my E-MoLibrary (or is it Mo-ELibrary?). It goes right beside the PDF of the 2010 edition of the Super Secret Bishop's Book of Instruction that Dana shared with me back then.

Thanks to both of you!! I'll have to make use of this when I answer the next PopUp Ad that encourages me to speak Online with an E-Mishie!(or is it IM-Mishie? Mish-IM-Mie? MissionIMie? IM-Mishie?)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that wonderful addition to my E-MoLibrary (or is it Mo-ELibrary?). It goes right beside the PDF of the 2010 edition of the Super Secret Bishop's Book of Instruction that Dana shared with me back then.

Thanks to both of you!! I'll have to make use of this when I answer the next PopUp Ad that encourages me to speak Online with an E-Mishie!(or is it IM-Mishie? Mish-IM-Mie? MissionIMie? IM-Mishie?)
Hahaha...u know who wrote that? David Twede..the one they were going to ex communicate because he wrote an article about Willard and the church:)
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha...u know who wrote that? David Twede..the one they were going to ex communicate because he wrote an article about Willard and the church:)
Yeah, A Paisley Perestroika is Twede's blog. I've been there before. He resigned at the Ex-Mo General Conference live during his Open Mike session. There was an audio recording of it someplace, but I no longer have the link... Maybe they have the video by now at the Ex-Mo foundation site.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I call BS on your BS. Again, I've pointed to numerous videos and testimony of persons who have gone through this as recently as 2006. And there will be more who come forth and say it happened more recently, I fear.
The difference between you and I and what we write, is you'll believe anything any one has to say that fits your present agenda of thinking for what you write. I on the other hand will do research to see the views from both sides and see what parts both sides agree upon and disagree upon before I formulate an opinion.
The Mormon church use to have direct ties to SRT. But it backed out of those ties. Members are connected now but not the church itself as once was.
Next, some Utah laws concerning the use of electrotherapy treatment. Due note these amendments to Utah law were made in 2003.

2003 GENERAL SESSION

5 STATE OF UTAH

Sponsor: Katherine M. Bryson
This act amends the Local Mental Health Authority Act and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Act. The act applies to physicians, hospitals, and mental health facilities.
The act prohibits the use of electroconvulsive treatment on children younger that 14 years old.
The act requires approval by a panel of physicians before administering [ electric shock ] ELECTROCONVULSIVE h treatment on a child between 14 and 18 years of age.
The act requires informed consent for the use of electroconvulsive treatment on adults.
The act establishes the elements of informed consent.
The act prohibits anyone other than a physician from performing electroconvulsive treatment.
The act requires quarterly reporting of electroconvulsive treatment to the division and the Health Data Committee in the Department of Health.
The act requires the division to enforce the reporting
requirements and annually report statistical data regarding the use of electroconvulsive treatment to the governor and the Legislature. The act has an effective date of July 1, 2003.
The reporting requirements sunset in 2008.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
AMENDS: 17A-3-611, as renumbered and amended by Chapter 186, Laws of Utah 1990 62A-15-704, as renumbered and amended by Chapter 8, Laws of Utah 2002, Fifth Special Session ENACTS:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...
Coincidence?
Not in my line of work.
It is no surprise a leftist such as yourself equates liberty with something "militia-esque".

Sounds like your "work" is poppycock. But hey, if someone is willing to pay you for screwing around with the names of folks who use debate forums, more power to you! Milk it as long as you can!
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no surprise a leftist such as yourself equates liberty with something "militia-esque".
Sounds like your "work" is poppycock. But hey, if someone is willing to pay you for screwing around with the names of folks who use debate forums, more power to you! Milk it as long as you can!
Thanks, Brother Terry, I certainly will.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between you and I and what we write, is you'll believe anything any one has to say that fits your present agenda of thinking for what you write. I on the other hand will do research to see the views from both sides and see what parts both sides agree upon and disagree upon before I formulate an opinion.
The Mormon church use to have direct ties to SRT. But it backed out of those ties. Members are connected now but not the church itself as once was.
Next, some Utah laws concerning the use of electrotherapy treatment. Due note these amendments to Utah law were made in 2003.
2003 GENERAL SESSION
5 STATE OF UTAH
Sponsor: Katherine M. Bryson
This act amends the Local Mental Health Authority Act and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Act. The act applies to physicians, hospitals, and mental health facilities.
The act prohibits the use of electroconvulsive treatment on children younger that 14 years old.
The act requires approval by a panel of physicians before administering [ electric shock ] ELECTROCONVULSIVE h treatment on a child between 14 and 18 years of age.
The act requires informed consent for the use of electroconvulsive treatment on adults.
The act establishes the elements of informed consent.
The act prohibits anyone other than a physician from performing electroconvulsive treatment.
The act requires quarterly reporting of electroconvulsive treatment to the division and the Health Data Committee in the Department of Health.
The act requires the division to enforce the reporting
requirements and annually report statistical data regarding the use of electroconvulsive treatment to the governor and the Legislature. The act has an effective date of July 1, 2003.
The reporting requirements sunset in 2008.
This act affects sections of Utah Code Annotated 1953 as follows:
AMENDS: 17A-3-611, as renumbered and amended by Chapter 186, Laws of Utah 1990 62A-15-704, as renumbered and amended by Chapter 8, Laws of Utah 2002, Fifth Special Session ENACTS:
Well, even though I said I wouldn't answer to your runny BS, you're so craptastic with this last post I can't just flush it down the toilet this time without saying something.

1) Utah is a theocracy, so what's to prevent the Cult in Charge from doing what they damn well please in spite of the laws that they themselves indirectly make anyway?

2) Putting electricity through the genitals, along with administration of ipecac to induce vomiting, together with the administration of these negative reinforcements while showing gay pornography, followed by the withholding of said negative reinforcements while showing heterosexual pornography, is rather commonly known as aversion therapy. It is not known as nor is the same as electroconvulsive therapy, whereby the electrodes are placed on the head and shocks are administered to the brain, inducing convulsions in the patient. Thus your waste of space quoting the law you just did, does not even apply to the therapies in discussion.

Typical Mo diversion. Hey, another news flash for ya, mister. When you make a half-assed effort to gather information, ostensibly to "research" something, but only consider and report information that supports your predetermined conclusion, it's known as confirmation bias, silly. You always come out kicking and screaming for the cult. And the way you club people on here with your slanted commentary, you pepper it generously with a heavy dose of ad hominem.

Bye for now. Back to work for another day of pattern matching... You know, what your friend Terry calls poppycock.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
The Rev. Robert Jeffress, a leading evangelical minister, claimed last Friday that Mormons are not Christians. Jeffress went on to declare that Mormonism is "a cult," meaning it's not a "real" religion, and he implored his followers to reject Mitt Romney, a Mormon, as a candidate for president because as Jeffress sees it: "As Christians, we have the duty to prefer and select Christians as our leaders."

Jeffress is infamous for his past "Christian" comments such as: Jews, gays, Muslims and Mormons are all going to hell; Islam encourages pedophilia; and that gays should be banned from the military because 70% of the gay population has AIDS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

dognes wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=gbFa91vDc2 4&feature=plcp
The Rev. Robert Jeffress, a leading evangelical minister, claimed last Friday that Mormons are not Christians. Jeffress went on to declare that Mormonism is "a cult," meaning it's not a "real" religion, and he implored his followers to reject Mitt Romney, a Mormon, as a candidate for president because as Jeffress sees it: "As Christians, we have the duty to prefer and select Christians as our leaders."
Jeffress is infamous for his past "Christian" comments such as: Jews, gays, Muslims and Mormons are all going to hell; Islam encourages pedophilia; and that gays should be banned from the military because 70% of the gay population has AIDS.
Sounds like Haw Haw's and NoMo's kind of feller!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like Haw Haw's and NoMo's kind of feller!
Oh Terry, u made a funny. How's prison?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...
Coincidence?
Not in my line of work.
so whats my name ? Just curious as to what you come up with :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,221 - 18,240 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••