Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32001 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#18895 Nov 21, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, waterboarding is not torture.
Evergreen doesn't exist for the good of the country, but for the good of the souls of men and women.
At best, Evergreen is a prime example of a road to hell being paved with good intentions. And that is just giving credit to the parents, who are clearly screwed up because of the beliefs of Mormonism, thinking it is what is best for the child. But trying to force anyone to go against their nature will always lead to a dysfunctional adult.

One aspect of torture is to get people to talk out of fear for their lives. Waterboarding qualifies as torture by that definition. I support the use of waterboarding for the safety of our country. But I'm not going to pretend it is something it isn't. Own it, and be honest about it.

Marysville, CA

#18896 Nov 21, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>While a church and the government will both take your money and use it for charitable purposes, the government is held accountable. The church will make you all kinds of promises, but in the end they aren't accountable for anything. All you know is what they tell you, that you can buy your way to whichever celestial kingdom your striving for. Which you consider a higher payback. There's no charity for the sake of charity going on in the church, it's all about what you get in return. And what you get in return is a promise of the ultimate entitlement program. It's better than a ponzi scheme. At least with government you can vote their butts out, when they don't fullfill a promise.
I agree. Any organization wanting non-profit status, should be required to have open books when it comes to their finances. People should have a right to informed decisions.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#18897 Nov 21, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Any organization wanting non-profit status, should be required to have open books when it comes to their finances. People should have a right to informed decisions.
I think it is interesting to note, a secular non-profit must by law provide service to the people, and cannot enrich an individual. Have you seen how monetarily enriched some t.v. evangelists have become? I've seen Pat Robertson on the 700 club telling people if they only have twenty dollars to their name, to go ahead and send it to him, it could save their souls. You have to constantly jump through hoopes to provide a non-profit organization and your status can be withdrawn at any time. Churches also have the benefit of no limits on lobbyists, non-profits do not. And nowhere in the constitution does it provide for tax exemptions for a church.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#18898 Nov 21, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
At best, Evergreen is a prime example of a road to hell being paved with good intentions. And that is just giving credit to the parents, who are clearly screwed up because of the beliefs of Mormonism, thinking it is what is best for the child. But trying to force anyone to go against their nature will always lead to a dysfunctional adult.
One aspect of torture is to get people to talk out of fear for their lives. Waterboarding qualifies as torture by that definition. I support the use of waterboarding for the safety of our country. But I'm not going to pretend it is something it isn't. Own it, and be honest about it.
Anybody who has had waterboarding used on them was terrorized, and suffered enough anguish to think they were tortured. So for them it was torture. But the sad thing is that America is supposed to be the greatest nation ever, and yet we still have the need to resort to such measures.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18899 Nov 21, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Anybody who has had waterboarding used on them was terrorized, and suffered enough anguish to think they were tortured. So for them it was torture. But the sad thing is that America is supposed to be the greatest nation ever, and yet we still have the need to resort to such measures.
yeah, resort to such measures huh? Did you not see the aftermath of 9/11 ? Keeping our country safe, our citizens safe is job 1.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#18900 Nov 21, 2012
Yes, i can be an ugly monotheist world out there, and of course we must be right in the middle of it. So are you saying you couldn't vote for a muslim? Or are you going to gloss over that question again? America is as barbaric as any other country, and in some ways more so.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#18901 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Mormons are not Christians I say

Marysville, CA

#18902 Nov 21, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Anybody who has had waterboarding used on them was terrorized, and suffered enough anguish to think they were tortured. So for them it was torture. But the sad thing is that America is supposed to be the greatest nation ever, and yet we still have the need to resort to such measures.
We are the greatest nation, but we still have to deal with barbarians in the only way they will respond. The number 1 job of any government is to protect it's citizens.

Marysville, CA

#18903 Nov 21, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is interesting to note, a secular non-profit must by law provide service to the people, and cannot enrich an individual. Have you seen how monetarily enriched some t.v. evangelists have become? I've seen Pat Robertson on the 700 club telling people if they only have twenty dollars to their name, to go ahead and send it to him, it could save their souls. You have to constantly jump through hoopes to provide a non-profit organization and your status can be withdrawn at any time. Churches also have the benefit of no limits on lobbyists, non-profits do not. And nowhere in the constitution does it provide for tax exemptions for a church.
If by their personalities they are bringing in the donations, they are worth what they are getting paid. No one is forced to make a donation. I know of some charities that only 25% of what they receive actually get to the people they are getting donations for. Freedom of religion includes non-interference from the government, as long as they are not breaking the law, or promoting the breaking of the law i.e. polygamy etc.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#18904 Nov 21, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, waterboarding is not torture.
Evergreen doesn't exist for the good of the country, but for the good of the souls of men and women.
I don't know how water boarding is related to this forum...but water boarding is torture.

"Waterboarding is torture. It causes severe physical suffering in the form of reflexive choking, gagging, and the feeling of suffocation. It may cause severe pain in some cases. If uninterrupted, waterboarding will cause death by suffocation. It is also foreseeable that waterboarding, by producing an experience of drowning, will cause severe mental pain and suffering. The technique is a form of mock execution by suffocation with water. The process incapacitates the victim from drawing breath, and causes panic, distress, and terror of imminent death. Many victims of waterboarding suffer prolonged mental harm for years and even decades afterward."

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2006/04/05/open-le...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18905 Nov 21, 2012
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how water boarding is related to this forum...but water boarding is torture.

"Waterboarding is torture. It causes severe physical suffering in the form of reflexive choking, gagging, and the feeling of suffocation. It may cause severe pain in some cases. If uninterrupted, waterboarding will cause death by suffocation. It is also foreseeable that waterboarding, by producing an experience of drowning, will cause severe mental pain and suffering. The technique is a form of mock execution by suffocation with water. The process incapacitates the victim from drawing breath, and causes panic, distress, and terror of imminent death. Many victims of waterboarding suffer prolonged mental harm for years and even decades afterward."

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2006/04/05/open-le...
I agree. Do u think shocking a persons genitals with electricity is torture too?

“I will not keep calm”

#18906 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Do u think shocking a persons genitals with electricity is torture too?
Depends on what you are into.Some couples like to get their freak on.

Location hidden

#18907 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on what you are into.Some couples like to get their freak on.
I guess u think what evergreen does is slap yourself funny too.

“I will not keep calm”

#18908 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess u think what evergreen does is slap yourself funny too.
Lighten up for awhile. I do however find it funny that you would ask me that. Yet again. Are you senile?

Location hidden

#18909 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Lighten up for awhile. I do however find it funny that you would ask me that. Yet again. Are you senile?
U support torture with your tithes.

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Since: Nov 12

Where I am at .

#18910 Nov 21, 2012
There is only one that can anwser this question and it sure as the heck ain't anyone on this earth !

“I will not keep calm”

#18911 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
U support torture with your tithes.
You support hate with your post.

Location hidden

#18912 Nov 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>You support hate with your post.
Denying the truth doesn't make it go away. Why do u do that?
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18913 Nov 21, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying the truth doesn't make it go away. Why do u do that?
Because it's how she sleeps at night. With her eyes wide shut and her head buried firmly in the sand.

Some people can truly turn a blind eye to torture happening right in their back yards. It's how 6 million Jews died.

In short, don't expect Miss Not Ashamed to step up and do anything that may rock her own little world... Don't force her to make a decision on anything that doesn't matter to her directly... Don't bombard her with too much information... Don't force things like Google on her so she has to make decisions... Just let her go to her profits and her leaders to tell her how to think... then she'll be very happy and can sleep soundly ---- isn't this world just so beautiful that way?

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#18914 Nov 21, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's how she sleeps at night. With her eyes wide shut and her head buried firmly in the sand.

Some people can truly turn a blind eye to torture happening right in their back yards. It's how 6 million Jews died.

In short, don't expect Miss Not Ashamed to step up and do anything that may rock her own little world... Don't force her to make a decision on anything that doesn't matter to her directly... Don't bombard her with too much information... Don't force things like Google on her so she has to make decisions... Just let her go to her profits and her leaders to tell her how to think... then she'll be very happy and can sleep soundly ---- isn't this world just so beautiful that way?
Why do you have such a hard on for her, Twink??? Is it because you perceive her to be weaker than you and regard her as easy prey? Do you perceive that you're intellectually superior to her? Does that make you feel more like a man, because your father always regarded you as an effeminate little boy and was ashamed of you??? Huh??? Because you didn't play sports like the rest of the neighborhood boys? You'd rather stay home with your mom??? Huh??? Is that it, Twink???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News $280,000 salary at DHS has lawmakers talking 9 hr User 4
News Rick Santorum ends bid for the White House, bac... Fri Your Ex 4
News Mystery money pays for pro-Republican televisio... Fri Synque 18
News Ann Coulter: GOP Candidates "A Bunch of P*ssies... (Jul '15) Fri WasteWater 465
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Thu Oslo College Party 18
News Christie charges Rubio holds 'drive-by town hal... Feb 4 Kimberly 1
News Kid Rock 'digging' Donald Trump for president: ... Feb 4 Lawrence Wolf 6
More from around the web