Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18109 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
Romney cancelled campaign events, actually turning one into a "relief event....gathering stuff the Red Cross cannot use and hawking tshirts.
http://www.google.com/search... |2;d|oyR8KVY3Oumy0M:
Romney is a grifter. He has zero conscience. He has no morals.

He will say and do anything to get things for himself.

Sociopath.

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#18110 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Stick ur head in the sand, another Mormon quality...when faced with a truth they don't want to hear they shout PROPAGANDA...
Everything you post from has a severe leftist slant. So much so, It would be impossible not to shout propaganda. When are you going to post actual facts as opposed to liberal opinions? Oh, that would be impossible. Liberals don't post facts. They only are capable of posting lies and hysteria based on other liberals opinions.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18111 Oct 30, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Everything you post from has a severe leftist slant. So much so, It would be impossible not to shout propaganda. When are you going to post actual facts as opposed to liberal opinions? Oh, that would be impossible. Liberals don't post facts. They only are capable of posting lies and hysteria based on other liberals opinions.
Oooh Gawd..that scary PROPAGANDA keeps raising its ugly head, doesn't it?? If you ever get deprogrammed, u are gonna feel soo much shame.

Branson, MO

#18112 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Oooh Gawd..that scary PROPAGANDA keeps raising its ugly head, doesn't it?? If you ever get deprogrammed, u are gonna feel soo much shame.
It is people like you and Sux who are programed. So much so, neither of you have any original thought. The only thing either of you can do is regurgitate the lies and melodramatic opinions of other liberals. You are beyond any form of deprogramming.
Wisdom

Rochester, KY

#18113 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
It is people like you and Sux who are programed. So much so, neither of you have any original thought. The only thing either of you can do is regurgitate the lies and melodramatic opinions of other liberals. You are beyond any form of deprogramming.
If Joe Smith was not a false prophet than who is? How can a Mormon tell a false prophet from a real one? How do you know Warren Jeffs wasn't the true Mormon prophet like he said? The Bible speaks of false prophets that will come an deceive many. How do you recognize them?\

P.S. Why do you think God waited 1850 years to give the world the perfect word of God? Ya'll sure are going to get water logged trying to baptist all those dead people.

Location hidden

#18114 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>It is people like you and Sux who are programed. So much so, neither of you have any original thought. The only thing either of you can do is regurgitate the lies and melodramatic opinions of other liberals. You are beyond any form of deprogramming.
What's sad is u don't realize that word...propaganda...has been drilled into the base of ur skull and it's become a reflex to shout out PROPAGANDA every time u hear or even ( bless r heart) see anything that is contrary to the Mormon view. What a joke! Lol

Branson, MO

#18115 Oct 30, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>If Joe Smith was not a false prophet than who is? How can a Mormon tell a false prophet from a real one? How do you know Warren Jeffs wasn't the true Mormon prophet like he said? The Bible speaks of false prophets that will come an deceive many. How do you recognize them?\

P.S. Why do you think God waited 1850 years to give the world the perfect word of God? Ya'll sure are going to get water logged trying to baptist all those dead people.
Why do you persist at asking the same questions over and over and over again? I've answered you several times, just as others have.

Location hidden

#18116 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's sad is u don't realize that word...propaganda...has been drilled into the base of ur skull and it's become a reflex to shout out PROPAGANDA every time u hear or even ( bless r heart) see anything that is contrary to the Mormon view. What a joke! Lol
LivingCrazy is doubling down on brainmush.

There is no convincing the servile or the self-loathing or the doormat that they are following a CON MAN.

Location hidden

#18117 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
LivingCrazy is doubling down on brainmush.
There is no convincing the servile or the self-loathing or the doormat that they are following a CON MAN.
*LOL*

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#18118 Oct 30, 2012
nili2 wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus spoke of love, it was not in the context of reforming (bettering) the world with it. If that would have been possible then he would have/or would be planning to do so in the future.
Love, in of itself, will reform the world and has done so in the past. The commandment to "Love our enemies" is a commandment to reform. The old way was an "eye for an eye". We are here to be a light, and by being an light, we change the way things are done. That is reformation. Jesus is planning to reform the Earth when he returns, how can you say he has no plans to do so? The Bible promises us a thousand years of peace when he returns.
In fact, Jesus was a perfect example for all Christians when he himself did not get involved in politics, although he could have easily, as the people wanted to make him King. And what an amazing king he would have made! Imagine all that love. But that was not Godís will. Would it be logical if he wanted those who imitate Jesus, i.e. his followers (Christians) to get involved in governments? They would not be imitating Jesus if they did.(Godís will for Christians is to preach HIS government (the Good news of the Kingdom), and teach them how to become subjects of that Kingdom).
There are a lot of things Jesus didn't do. He didn't bake cakes for a living for one. Would that mean working in a bakery would be a sin? Of course not. It is only a means to making our daily living. Politics is also just a job for the politician. When done honestly, it is a honest living. There is no sin in making a living this way. If you say there is, feel free to give the commandment. You can serve God and be a politician at the same time, just as you can work in a bakery and serve God at the same time.
The role of the Kingdom is not the reformation (betterment) of everyone either, but of only those who want to be reformed by it and eventually to remove those who do not.
It true, why did God set up a kingdom with his children in the Old Testament? Are you saying the laws he gave Moses were not for the betterment of his followers? Of course not. Man has to have rules to live by so we aren't totally lawless. That is why we are to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
The evil in the world will not be conquered by love but by means of Godís Kingdom.
It is only by love that we will conquer the evil one:
1 Corinthians 13 NASB)
The Excellence of Love

13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

To be continued...

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#18120 Oct 30, 2012
When you change one person through love, you are reforming the world. True the total victory won't be won until the second coming of Christ, but that isn't any excuse not to do what you can today. It is not trying to make a difference that is a sin, because those who knows God's love and grace are obligated to do what we can to bring it to others. Love is greater than faith to God, and more important to his kingdom.
No earthly government will ever conquer evil. No matter how much love there is in the world some people will not change. God knows that.
Again, that's not an excuse to not try. And there are no commandments forbidding it. Where there is no law, there is no breaking of it, and therefore no sin.
Only Godsí government will conquer evil, by removing it and those who cause it, as per the scriptures I quoted in the earlier post.
Also, when Peter was talking about love, he was not talking about reforming the world. He was addressing the Christian congregation,(the house of God) reminding them to keep themselves separate from the nations and to stay morally clean.
But Jesus clearly was when he commanded his disciples to when he told them:

Matthew 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

That in of itself has made huge changes to the world. Christianity conquered Pagan Rome, for one. It's teachings were the founding principles of freedom that made the United States the first government in the world based on being by the people and for the people, instead of some King or dictator. Even the founding fathers who were not Christian had a deep love for the Bible, for the most part.
To love each other would keep them from being critical of one another because with love, they would be able to look over and forgive each others ďsinsĒ and stay united instead of keeping grudges and causing disunity etc. Cross reference Proverbs 10:12 ďHatred stirs up trouble; love overlooks the wrongs that others doĒ.(CEV)
So, JWs do not vote as they have already cast their votes for Godís Government, the only answer to mankind's woes.
Over the years I have read many Watchtowers. Even had a subscription of get a honest view of your beliefs. I find this aspect of teachings to be a cowards way out. Because you won't vote, but you certainly have no problem using the court of laws to try to make a difference in favor of your beliefs. Using the courts is no different than voting in getting involved with politics.

You also won't fight for your freedoms. In War World II Hitler put many Witnesses in concentration camps. Yet Witnesses in America didn't lift one finger to help them get free. Who did make a difference in their lives? Hundreds of thousands of Catholics, Protestants, and even Mormons who bleed and died got them out. Yet you consider us all to be part of the whore of Babylon. Who showed the greater love of God to the Witnesses in Germany? The people you call "whores" or the people who call themselves "Jehovah Witness?" Just what are we to learn from that "Witness" when you don't even love one another?

Location hidden

#18121 Oct 30, 2012
Romney made a big deal out of giving food stuffs to Sandy victims.

Does anyone know if he got those food stuffs from Mormon Food Banks?

Branson, MO

#18122 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>What's sad is u don't realize that word...propaganda...has been drilled into the base of ur skull and it's become a reflex to shout out PROPAGANDA every time u hear or even ( bless r heart) see anything that is contrary to the Mormon view. What a joke! Lol
Being Mormon has nothing to do with not believing your liberal tripe. Believing and championing the liberal cause is merely a deflection from seeing and coming to the realization of how truly pathetic and meaningless your life actually is.

Location hidden

#18123 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney made a big deal out of giving food stuffs to Sandy victims.

Does anyone know if he got those food stuffs from Mormon Food Banks?
Or donated them to, to be distributed..?

Location hidden

#18124 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>Being Mormon has nothing to do with not believing your liberal tripe. Believing and championing the liberal cause is merely a deflection from seeing and coming to the realization of how truly pathetic and meaningless your life actually is.
Being a cult sheep has everything to do with eating all the crap they feed u.

Location hidden

#18125 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Being Mormon has nothing to do with not believing your liberal tripe. Believing and championing the liberal cause is merely a deflection from seeing and coming to the realization of how truly pathetic and meaningless your life actually is.
You are truly a hate-filled individual.

Location hidden

#18126 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or donated them to, to be distributed..?
Using tax-deductible religious welfare.

I am thinking that some Mormon Food Bank had excess soon to be out of date cheap food.

It would be just like Romney.

Location hidden

#18127 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>Using tax-deductible religious welfare.

I am thinking that some Mormon Food Bank had excess soon to be out of date cheap food.

It would be just like Romney.
I was searching for something in the kitchen at my work the other day and found a bottle of Mormon vegetable oil from the storehouse....I wish someone would explain how frying and blessings are done with the same substance. Is there a little spell u priesthood holders cast, to change it from Wesson to holy? It's not like holy water..u can't have holy water until its holy..

Location hidden

#18128 Oct 30, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was searching for something in the kitchen at my work the other day and found a bottle of Mormon vegetable oil from the storehouse....I wish someone would explain how frying and blessings are done with the same substance. Is there a little spell u priesthood holders cast, to change it from Wesson to holy? It's not like holy water..u can't have holy water until its holy..
Wesson?

At least use EVOO.

Location hidden

#18129 Oct 30, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>Wesson?

At least use EVOO.
Sad..it was Mormon generic Wesson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 3 hr Tm Cln 3,820
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Thu berettabone 71
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) May 24 BlunderCONVICT 25
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown (Aug '15) May 23 swedenforever 755
News Trump charges, without evidence, millions voted... May 19 ohwilbur 98
News Mitt Romney ripped Donald Trump's 'hurtful' com... (Oct '15) May 18 Rico from East Lo... 43
News Presidential debate: Will Obama or Romney win t... (Oct '12) May 18 Brain Cancer 41
More from around the web