Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32004 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6909 Apr 14, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
Must have had a crappy childhood...
Yes, an LDS one.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6910 Apr 14, 2012
Let us Anti-Mormons remind you that we are only following your leaders also:

"If a faith will not bear to be investigated; if its preachers and professors are afraid to have it examined, their foundation must be very weak." (George A. Smith, talk given at Salt Lake Tabernacle, August 13, 1871 - Journal of Discourses, Volume 14, Page 216)

"If we have the truth, it cannot be harmed by investigation. If we have not the truth, it ought to be harmed." (J. Reuben Clark - D. Michael Quinn, "J. Reuben Clark: The Church Years." Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University Press, 1983, p. 24.)

"Well, it's either true or false. If it's false, we're engaged in a great fraud. If it's true, it's the most important thing in the world. Now, that's the whole picture. It is either right or wrong, true or false, fraudulent or true.(Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, Interview "The Mormons"; PBS Documentary, April 2007)

"This book must be either true or false. If true, it is one of the most important messages ever sent from God... If false, it is one of the most cunning, wicked, bold, deep-laid impositions ever palmed upon the world, calculated to deceive and ruin millions... The nature of the message in the Book of Mormon is such, that if true, no one can possibly be saved and reject it; If false, no one can possibly be saved and receive it... " (Apostle Orson Pratt, Divine Authenticity of the Book of Mormon, Liverpool, 1851, pp. 1-2)

"Take up the Bible, compare the religion of the Latter-day Saints with it, and see if it will stand the test.... With us the Bible is the first book, the Book of Mormon comes next.... There is no clash in the principles revealed in the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and the Doctrine and Covenants...." (Discourses of Brigham Young, selected and arranged by John A. Widtsoe, 1978, page 126)

Many have taken up the Bible as Brigham Young suggested and have seen for ourselves that the LDS church does not stand the test. Neither do the church's scriptures.

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis, IN

#6911 Apr 14, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
3 days nothing, and this is your response? It took you 3 days to claim this isn't what you really said? You f***ing with the life of a 14 yr old rates very high on person's evil meter who has a conscience at all. If it is "vile" to call a sick fatherless piece of trash like you out, the son of a female dog, then I'm the vilest of all and proud of it. NoMo and Haw Haw aren't my friends because they are "your" enemy. They are my friends because they aren't sick child abusers, like you are.
1. I hope to God you don't have children. 2. I hope to God that if you do, they aren't gay, because they are without a doubt the most unloved and abused in your ward. You are a pig. Jesus would say, you are a pig. You're sick in the ways that Hitler was sick, and have joy that we are not face to face, because I would knock your sorry a$$ down in hopes of making you at least some kind of man, and raise you above the sh!t you truly are. There aren't enough ways in the English language for me to tell you how to "F" yourself. If you do have children, they will hate you as much as I hate the sick excuse of a father I had someday. You will have earned every bit of it.
Wow, Dana, hate much?

I actually have ten kids. And wow, it seems like you have the problem here...First, you fly off the handle using misinformation given to you by a totally untrustworthy source.

We are done. Use whatever you'd like, however you'd like. Make up whatever stories you'd like...because truth doesn't seem to be part of your song list.

I hope you are satisfied with your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, because that, above anything else we do in this life, is the thing we'll be called on to answer for in our life.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6912 Apr 14, 2012
humor me here wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, Dana, hate much?

I actually have ten kids. And wow, it seems like you have the problem here...First, you fly off the handle using misinformation given to you by a totally untrustworthy source.

We are done. Use whatever you'd like, however you'd like. Make up whatever stories you'd like...because truth doesn't seem to be part of your song list.

I hope you are satisfied with your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, because that, above anything else we do in this life, is the thing we'll be called on to answer for in our life.
here's a hint...they are YOUR words
here's another hint...u DON'T make the rules
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#6913 Apr 14, 2012
humor me here wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny that you say that after reading what you read. Even though it was filtered through NoMo's filter, it still didn't read on the "pure evil" sensor. Is this what you think? Do you really believe the statement you spouted above? If you do, you are just as vile as the evil you accuse me of. You twist things to fit your worldview and shout for all to see how terrible another's views are yet you ignore your own.
I am through with you, Dana, if you feel the way you do. I thought you actually had a beef with the Church. I actually thought, because of the stories you constantly talk about, that you have been abused by someone in some sort of authority. I guess that was a lie, too.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is not the way to deal with the real world, Dana. Governments learn that the hard way. You may need to learn it, too. If you actually believe in a Savior, you may want to bone up on some of the words He said.
You've taught me more about the people who make up mormonism, howie, than anybody else on the entire internet, ex-mormons included. Just watching you interact with people who disagree with you says volumes about who you are as a person - let alone the sick shit you pull with children who aren't even your own.

You pretend to be nice and fair-minded and it never fails - if somebody disagrees with you your true self never fails to burp forth just as it did right here.

What a nut job you are - and so full of hatred for what you don't know.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6914 Apr 14, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
You've taught me more about the people who make up mormonism, howie, than anybody else on the entire internet, ex-mormons included. Just watching you interact with people who disagree with you says volumes about who you are as a person - let alone the sick shit you pull with children who aren't even your own.
You pretend to be nice and fair-minded and it never fails - if somebody disagrees with you your true self never fails to burp forth just as it did right here.
What a nut job you are - and so full of hatred for what you don't know.
His arrogance is astounding, isn't it? His "lord and master" idea of himself, flat out lies about what HE said, he makes the rules crap...it doesn't go over so well without his cloak of Mormons and Mormonism. Like a KKKer in his hood without his brother bigots.
Bonus hunter

United States

#6915 Apr 14, 2012
The fodder the antis are spewing is bottom feeder witless nonesense. They only mad because they can't say stuff like it to anyone's face. Just trolling away because they don't face any consequence.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6916 Apr 14, 2012
humor me here wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Dana, hate much?
I actually have ten kids. And wow, it seems like you have the problem here...First, you fly off the handle using misinformation given to you by a totally untrustworthy source.
We are done. Use whatever you'd like, however you'd like. Make up whatever stories you'd like...because truth doesn't seem to be part of your song list.
I hope you are satisfied with your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, because that, above anything else we do in this life, is the thing we'll be called on to answer for in our life.
Are they as "F" up as you are? Do they see gay kids as people they can bully and sh!t upon and then pat themselves proudly on the back how they have done the work of the Lord? Do you even have a f***ing idea why we are this pissed off at you? Do you even have a concept the evil you did? Think of Judas. What you did is evil on his level. You bullied and betrayed an innocent person. A person you had no God damn business sticking your nose in. You why I believe you did it? You ran like a gutless coward 3 days. You should go to that boy beg for his forgiveness. Yeah, I know you have 10 kids, I saw your facebook page. Just from what I looked at, you do think highly of yourself. I wonder how many of those kids hate you.
But take note here, as angry as I'm about you, I still have the decency not to take cheap shots at your kids or any other members of your family, even though you seem to have no problem abusing others. You need to learn the concept of "limits." And I still hope none of them are gay because I have no doubt you would "F" them up in the name of the Lord. I will be praying for you family, but I'll also be praying that God gives you a big taste of what you have done. What goes around...

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6917 Apr 14, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
The fodder the antis are spewing is bottom feeder witless nonesense. They only mad because they can't say stuff like it to anyone's face. Just trolling away because they don't face any consequence.
As individuals, I treat Mormons in the manner they deserve. They act like a$$ and I will treat them like a$$. They act like human beings, and I will treat them the same even though we may disagree. As you don't even have the intestinal fortitude to use you real while spewing your ignorance, you have little room to be pointing finger at bottom feeders. But you can go in your bathroom and see one in the middle.
Come back and talk when you get a backbone or a pair of balls.
Bonus hunter

United States

#6918 Apr 14, 2012
I see you are drinking tonight......you mad bro?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6920 Apr 14, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
I see you are drinking tonight......you mad bro?
If I were drunk, I would be sober in the morning, whereas, you will never get over that ugly called your face. People poke their eyes out not to have to see something that ugly. DAMN!
Bonus hunter

Salt Lake City, UT

#6921 Apr 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were drunk, I would be sober in the morning, whereas, you will never get over that ugly called your face. People poke their eyes out not to have to see something that ugly. DAMN!
Oh snap. I was called ugly. What are you five? The troll needs a biscuit put in his shoe.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#6922 Apr 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were drunk, I would be sober in the morning, whereas, you will never get over that ugly called your face. People poke their eyes out not to have to see something that ugly. DAMN!
It's Crazy's new nickname. Either that or he has state-hopping relatives. Come to think of it, aren't most Mos like this out of the box anyway? Or is that out of the temple? Something about their healthy bellybuttons, pay lay ale, and bone marrow turns them into my-way-or-the-highway judgmental arrogant twits. Once you peel off the polite veneer, they are more than not like this at their core.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#6923 Apr 15, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
The fodder the antis are spewing is bottom feeder witless nonesense. They only mad because they can't say stuff like it to anyone's face. Just trolling away because they don't face any consequence.
I'll say it to your face any day, jagoff.

You're the one without any wit. A simple troll.

With that, I'm done feeding ya.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6924 Apr 15, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh snap. I was called ugly. What are you five? The troll needs a biscuit put in his shoe.
Apparently you're ignorant too.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#6925 Apr 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you're ignorant too.
Couldn't have said it better myself. That one isn't worth a nanosecond more of my time.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6926 Apr 15, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Crazy's new nickname. Either that or he has state-hopping relatives. Come to think of it, aren't most Mos like this out of the box anyway? Or is that out of the temple? Something about their healthy bellybuttons, pay lay ale, and bone marrow turns them into my-way-or-the-highway judgmental arrogant twits. Once you peel off the polite veneer, they are more than not like this at their core.
When your religion should be in a insane asylum, you are gonna get a lot of nuts. Bet this one is a ward Bishop. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#6927 Apr 15, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say it to your face any day, jagoff.
You're the one without any wit. A simple troll.
With that, I'm done feeding ya.
I'll be glad to give this turd for brains my address any day of the week. What I would say to his face would be even worst than what I say here. And then I would hope he didn't like it.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#6928 Apr 15, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be glad to give this turd for brains my address any day of the week. What I would say to his face would be even worst than what I say here. And then I would hope he didn't like it.
I did write the following earlier in the stale Christians thread, but I don't know if it's going to be displayed or not since it's rather, shall I say blunt. The forum still says that the boner hunter is the last respondent so I do believe it may not be displayed. At any rate, it went like this:

Asshole, none of your feeble attempts to troll the forum has succeeded in getting much of a rise from anyone. Everything you've posted here thus far indicates that you are a little more than a silly pea-brained magic super skivvy wearing arrogant cultist subscriber to Joseph's Myth whose own perspective never leaves the boundaries of your sad, tired ward, let alone the so-called "Happy Valley." Why don't you do everyone here a favor and buy yourself a clue. They're on sale this week at Utah Woolen Mills, Shitty Creek. That would be The Mall of the Lord to you - Elohim's Entrepreneurial Emporium. Don't forget a first-born blemish-free goat to offer up as a burnt sacrifice in the Lord's flaming fountain.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#6929 Apr 15, 2012
By "stale Christians thread" above I meant the now no longer active "Mormons are Christians too" thread. I did not mean to construe that non-Mormon Christians are stale. My bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... 9 hr Le Jimbo 4
News Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) 23 hr Calgary Anti-Xeno 18
News Fiorina: GOP Nominee Must - Throw Punches at Hi... Wed Miss Id 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Wed Human 44
News 'Mormon Rivals' -- After 2012 defeat, Romney fa... Wed Share your Harem 2
News Let Puerto Rico Go Bankrupt? Maybe. Wed sandy1 25
News How should the GOP approach immigration? Jun 30 Prep-for-Dep 334
More from around the web