Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Norwood, MO

#29311 Nov 14, 2013
"KEEP YOUR OWN PLAN!" "Keep your old plan"???? Really, you've got to be kidding me! That's our President's solution??? Keep your old plan. Hahahahahaha!!! You've got to be kidding me...

Norwood, MO

#29312 Nov 14, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about that I do have my days. Question, do you know what the Vietnam War is?? I was in that war I got hurt in that war, I can't think as good as some people does. I have my good days and my bad days, so does that mean you are going to make fun of me all the time or what?? To answer your question yes I done some writing thank you. I got my master before I went to the USMC, I still got a few problem's but please try to be nice....Thank You The Preacherman01....
Really, Preacherman? You're going to pull that card? Sorry, my crystal ball seems to not be working at the moment. Had I know you're a Vietnam Vet, I would've "reworded" my question differently. A kinder, more gentle way. I'll let you know this... You need to be thick skinned to hang in here. If not, best to move along. You'll get no sympathy from me. BTW- thanks for your service to this Country. I appreciate it. I really do. If you're being honest, that is.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#29313 Nov 14, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Preacherman? You're going to pull that card? Sorry, my crystal ball seems to not be working at the moment. Had I know you're a Vietnam Vet, I would've "reworded" my question differently. A kinder, more gentle way. I'll let you know this... You need to be thick skinned to hang in here. If not, best to move along. You'll get no sympathy from me. BTW- thanks for your service to this Country. I appreciate it. I really do. If you're being honest, that is.
Crazy is right, it can get cutthroat here at times, Preacherman. If you bruise easily, better leave now.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#29314 Nov 14, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
"KEEP YOUR OWN PLAN!" "Keep your old plan"???? Really, you've got to be kidding me! That's our President's solution??? Keep your old plan. Hahahahahaha!!! You've got to be kidding me...
Did you see the article about the 3 college kids who created a working web site for health care in 3 days? And it works!

Norwood, MO

#29315 Nov 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the article about the 3 college kids who created a working web site for health care in 3 days? And it works!
Hahahahahaha!!! No, but I'm not surprised. Can you send the link you read?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#29316 Nov 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I understand. Ole Miss use to have a policy like this about being black.
That was a most pathetic and stupid reply. Your comparing a practice of skin color discrimination to a policy covering specific character traits that people claim/state/agree are part of their character? Really?? Are you fricking really mentally retarded in having made such a comparison where there is none????? So fricking sad.....

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29317 Nov 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She is right, and you are being an assclown. Trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Have you got it yet? Maybe NoMo's point just was over your head? We understand.
She is right? And you know she is right how? You're both talking lots of chicken *hit that's running off your lips at present like something delicious you are eating. Show me the evidence where a Lutheran attended or attends BYU and didn't have to follow the honor code specifying they attend church. You are claiming what she said is true. You're both liars or you're not. Stand to be a rumor whore and liar or prove what you say is true, should be easy for you to do. Waiting.......

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29318 Nov 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
When dealing with religious fascists, fascists who fear a person thinking, yes one has to learn to lie. In fact, lying becomes a noble act in that situation. Deception becomes mandatory for survival. He should have kept quit, than after finishing his education, told the LDS church to go f**k itself.
Goodbye and thanks for all the free fish!
...sounds like you're describing your childhood, not the LDS faith.

Location hidden

#29319 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>She is right? And you know she is right how? You're both talking lots of chicken *hit that's running off your lips at present like something delicious you are eating. Show me the evidence where a Lutheran attended or attends BYU and didn't have to follow the honor code specifying they attend church. You are claiming what she said is true. You're both liars or you're not. Stand to be a rumor whore and liar or prove what you say is true, should be easy for you to do. Waiting.......
Hey lunatic..what's the problem? You can't find any info on the internet????

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29320 Nov 14, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a Christian school? I say their actions in how they treated that atheist is one of the best examples of Christ I've seen in a long time. They didn't crap their pants like the people at BYU. They didn't force him to give up his education like the fascists at BYU. They didn't have a hissy fit. They welcomed him with open arms. Let God deal with it.
You are so completely ignorant to what real Christianity it's no surprise how you support something so evil as Mormonism.
A Christian school is based on Christianity. How is it you don't know that and why am I not surprised you don't comprehend it. I don't care if or how they accept a non-Christian. That wasn't my point.
Let's try it this way. If a 'so-called' Christian school is ran by an ever increasing population of atheists that don't believe in or support anything religious, is the school still a Christian school? Most normal minds would say no. Kind of like an atheist school based on atheism incorporating an ever growing population of Christians. It's no longer a school of atheists. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29321 Nov 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...lunies make statements with no evidence. I make a statement I usually paste my source(s) of evidence. I'm just trying my best to get you to understand that concept. It goes a long way when you say you're stating something that's true and factual. Understand?

You stated as fact and true "A Lutheran going to BYU can become an atheist and still attend." I found no such thing on the net or in new or old BYU posts where such a thing was discussed or stated to have happened.
See, if BYU policies exempted atheists from one or more contractual obligations that everyone else had to follow, that's a slam shut discrimination case. The terminology 'everyone attends church services of their choosing' doesn't come with exclusions in this case. Understand?
Now since you say this information exists, go get it, paste it here and allow me to read what you claim is true. That an atheist at BYU is exempt from one or more parts of the honor code all others are expected to follow.

Location hidden

#29322 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>lol...lunies make statements with no evidence. I make a statement I usually paste my source(s) of evidence. I'm just trying my best to get you to understand that concept. It goes a long way when you say you're stating something that's true and factual. Understand?

You stated as fact and true "A Lutheran going to BYU can become an atheist and still attend." I found no such thing on the net or in new or old BYU posts where such a thing was discussed or stated to have happened.
See, if BYU policies exempted atheists from one or more contractual obligations that everyone else had to follow, that's a slam shut discrimination case. The terminology 'everyone attends church services of their choosing' doesn't come with exclusions in this case. Understand?
Now since you say this information exists, go get it, paste it here and allow me to read what you claim is true. That an atheist at BYU is exempt from one or more parts of the honor code all others are expected to follow.
Atheists don't go to church??? Ever hear of the Unitarians?
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#29323 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian school is based on Christianity. How is it you don't know that and why am I not surprised you don't comprehend it. I don't care if or how they accept a non-Christian. That wasn't my point.
Let's try it this way. If a 'so-called' Christian school is ran by an ever increasing population of atheists that don't believe in or support anything religious, is the school still a Christian school? Most normal minds would say no. Kind of like an atheist school based on atheism incorporating an ever growing population of Christians. It's no longer a school of atheists. Understand?
Yes but if it is ran by Christians than it is Christian
anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#29324 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
But if it is run by Christians than it is Christian

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29325 Nov 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey luny, what's wrong? Can't find the information you claim exists? Try this bit out and chew on it...

http://atheism.about.com/b/2011/09/24/brigham...

Brigham-Young Atheists Have to Hide, Meet in Secret
By Austin Cline September 24, 2011

Austin Cline has been actively involved in educating people about atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism on the Internet for over 15 years.

You can also read more about Austin's current and past work on his Google Profile: Austin Cline.

Experience:

Austin Cline was a Regional Director for the Council for Secular Humanism and a former Publicity Coordinator for the Campus Freethought Alliance. Austin has also lectured on religion, religious violence, science, and skepticism.

Atheists attending Brigham-Young University have to hide who they are lest they face disciplinary action. You don't have to be a Mormon to attend BYU, but if you are a Mormon you have to have an "ecclesiastical endorsement" from an LDS bishop. Coming to doubt and disbelieve Mormon tenets -- whether it leads to atheism or just a different religion -- is thus treated as an Honor Code violation and opens students to dismissal from the university like if they had cheated on tests.

This is why atheists, agnostics, secular humanists, and other disbelievers have to hide. It's perhaps the most extreme form of atheists having to be in the closet in America today. Fortunately, they are able to find each other and meet in secret.

Location hidden

#29326 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Hey luny, what's wrong? Can't find the information you claim exists? Try this bit out and chew on it...

http://atheism.about.com/b/2011/09/24/brigham...

Brigham-Young Atheists Have to Hide, Meet in Secret
By Austin Cline September 24, 2011

Austin Cline has been actively involved in educating people about atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism on the Internet for over 15 years.

You can also read more about Austin's current and past work on his Google Profile: Austin Cline.

Experience:

Austin Cline was a Regional Director for the Council for Secular Humanism and a former Publicity Coordinator for the Campus Freethought Alliance. Austin has also lectured on religion, religious violence, science, and skepticism.

Atheists attending Brigham-Young University have to hide who they are lest they face disciplinary action. You don't have to be a Mormon to attend BYU, but if you are a Mormon you have to have an "ecclesiastical endorsement" from an LDS bishop. Coming to doubt and disbelieve Mormon tenets -- whether it leads to atheism or just a different religion -- is thus treated as an Honor Code violation and opens students to dismissal from the university like if they had cheated on tests.

This is why atheists, agnostics, secular humanists, and other disbelievers have to hide. It's perhaps the most extreme form of atheists having to be in the closet in America today. Fortunately, they are able to find each other and meet in secret.
They are hiding because they are Mormon, moron.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29327 Nov 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't go to church??? Ever hear of the Unitarians?
In the capacity of going to church for religious worship of a deity, no they don't. Atheists don't believe in worshipping one or more invisible beings.

lol...by the way, a Unitarian isn't an atheist. I'm not surprised you'd think they were.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29328 Nov 14, 2013
anonymousnetruthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but if it is ran by Christians than it is Christian
lol...absolutely not when it isn't no longer ran by 'just Christians'....lol.

Location hidden

#29330 Nov 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>In the capacity of going to church for religious worship of a deity, no they don't. Atheists don't believe in worshipping one or more invisible beings.

lol...by the way, a Unitarian isn't an atheist. I'm not surprised you'd think they were.
I didn't say they were..but I know several atheists and even more agnostics who regularly attend the local UU church. Attending church as a non believer is nothing new. Holy water is just water

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29331 Nov 14, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny... you 2 think that you can say this and that and not prove it to be true... but because you say it other people have to go fetch to prove you are right.

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin for VP Was 'A ... (Aug '12) 1 hr Swedenforever 23
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 1 hr Ivy Shapiro 11,829
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 2 hr barefoot2626 470
Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Mon swedenforever 210
The country's sinking climate debate Mon Sneaky Pete 3
Va. voters agree with McDonnells' guilty verdic... Sep 14 Constitutional_Reset 4
Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Sep 14 Go Blue Forever 33
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mitt Romney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••