Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27811 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>A common guy? Yes, yes...."Now what?" I don't know... what? "I never claimed prophets were just men dana, I mean pearl." So are you claiming prophets are not "just men", that somehow they are incapable of lying or premeditated thoughts? They are someway above the common guy? Kinda like a superhero?
If you ask a question as a question, it would really help. But when you ask a question with sarcasm and make statements about things I didn't say, it's tough to figure out the meaning of your question.
According to the Bible prophets are men of God who are still very human and still make the same foolish decisions we all make day to day. By the way, I never put a prophet on some pedestal and declared their incapable of lying etc.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27812 Sep 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no..lizards only marry virgins. Do you realize how uncomfortable all those meetings, etc will be if women are allowed to attend and have equal voice?
Uncomfortable? Umm not. Females often rule over males and females in the gospel class. Females rule over the males in a number of other classes where a male may be her helper. Many times when the relief society and priesthoods combine for a meeting females rule everyone as instructors. When it comes to all the doings and going on of the relief society, females rule and men listen.
You have a really screwed up idea of what takes place in this church that doesn't. More male and female couples rule positions together than any single individual.
If their was a revelation tomorrow that females could hold the priesthood, it would be a minority of Mormons that couldn't handle the change.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27813 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Hey friend all I did was ask what is the "Christian standard" that someone referenced, Dana answered with "Ashamed displays it the most." You went into a tirade about what a liar he or she is, claiming you wont be held to a Christian standard, and that you never claimed to be a Christian. But, everybody else is a liar, right? But as we can see, one must convey their message properly, if they want it received properly. See, I'm paying attention and learning your ways.
I answered your question of what a "Christian standard" was. I disagreed that dana would know who displays Christian standards. That was the equivalent of a communist stating what makes a great American. Dana isn't a Christian. So how he would know what the qualities of a Christian is that he himself doesn't wear to his character is a fallacy taking place.
Next, I never called everyone a liar as you just declared I did. That makes you a liar. Understand? And dana does lie. Dana lies a lot. I catch him in lies and ask why he lied and he never responds. He doesn't respond because he didn't lie, he doesn't respond because he doesn't want to explain this perverted need to lie he has going on.
This is simple. Repeat in quotes what a person said and you will be accurate of what they stated. Say someone said something they didn't say and all you prove is you'd rather lie about them.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27814 Sep 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So what were Christians like two thousand years ago? Liars, three times, with premeditated thoughts of killing? They kinda sound like "common guys"
lol...see, this is why you are so much like dana and dana is so much like you that you two appear to be the one and same person.

I stated a reply to you in the below concerning the Christian church and it's positions and laws, etc.

"Yes I do understand. That is why Modern Christianity aren't even close to being true examples of what Christians were 2000 years ago. Modern Christianity doesn't do/replicate a lot of what Jesus did/established. Modern Christianity picks and chooses what's important and what's not important to be preached/obeyed according to what the popular opinion is/isn't of the day. I realize that very well.
Concerning modern Christianity, it's a farce. It's a bunch of people imitating what they want to apply to themselves of a people that were true Christians 2000 years ago. The church of Rome 1700 years ago was the bastardized edition of true Christianity. Do you comprehend?"

You make a reply that had not a single thing to do with that post. You ask what Christians were like two thousand years ago(how the *ell would I know the personal habits of people living two thousand years ago? I didn't discuss any such thing.) I was describing the differences between the modern Christian religion churches and the ancient Christian religions of Jesus two thousand years ago and like dana you failed to note that.

"So what were Christians like two thousand years ago? Liars, three times, with premeditated thoughts of killing? They kinda sound like "common guys"

Location hidden

#27815 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>COB, church office building? Is that what it stands for? My first question would be were others in this same area of work fired? You stated the person was fired. Most bosses 'fire' an individual for reasons deserving firing. Most bosses don't wake up and fire an individual who has no reasons going on to be fired and has a great performance record and is a plus to the work force. That type firing begs for a lawsuit based on grounds of unfair employee treatment/discrimination. Most bosses don't want to be sued.
The media has shown 'most bosses' who are prejudiced for whatever reason and want to let go an employee they are prejudiced against, they "lay them off" or "let them go" with promises to rehire them in the future. Doing that avoids law suits etc when they have 'politely' released someone from their company.
But to 'suddenly' fire an employee that has a spotless work record and was a plus for the company to have as an employee, that doesn't happen to often as you have laid out the scenario.
Yeah, being a bigot rarely makes sense, does it?
Yes, COB is church office building, that looming, creepy monstrosity full of old lizards and zombies of all sort. They slither through tunnels with their handlers, speak in singsong voices and bless each other with olive oil. Does Pam work in a pinch? How about Wesson oil or some melted lard?

Location hidden

#27816 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I know of some christian religions where a female 'rules' the roost, not a man. Is this not the same thing you're *itching about that men 'rule' the roost and not females? Is not this a female that has become what you claim of males?
There are religions on the planet where females rule the men. Is this not the same biased/prejudicial discrimination you claim men do?
OMG try understanding your own fricking logic...
OMG.

Location hidden

#27817 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Uncomfortable? Umm not. Females often rule over males and females in the gospel class. Females rule over the males in a number of other classes where a male may be her helper. Many times when the relief society and priesthoods combine for a meeting females rule everyone as instructors. When it comes to all the doings and going on of the relief society, females rule and men listen.
You have a really screwed up idea of what takes place in this church that doesn't. More male and female couples rule positions together than any single individual.
If their was a revelation tomorrow that females could hold the priesthood, it would be a minority of Mormons that couldn't handle the change.
Haha, right.
The Wear pants to church group got death threats.

Location hidden

#27818 Sep 6, 2013
Hey watch out you fringe believers..the cult will shun you.

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56835902-2...

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27819 Sep 7, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well I left the reservation decades ago, but yes I have been studying. Seems as though communicating through the written word has become the preferred way, so I figure if I want to be understood properly I should go ahead and learn the proper way to write my thoughts. Why just a few short months ago I would never have noticed the misspelling in your post. Are you quizzing me, you scamp you, or do you just want to get to know me better?
Funny how I ask about you and you turn this toward me!!!
I don't come in one thing "I came from an indian reservation and didn't get much education" then come in months later and appear like you at least have a 9th grade education.

I'm asking because you don't know who you are talking to. And I wonder if you are the original Pearl.

You don't talk like the Pearl that came in just a few months ago even in content. Just saying.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27820 Sep 7, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing vilified or ignored, for the most part.
No, she was not... suggestion why don't you research her.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27821 Sep 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, right.
The Wear pants to church group got death threats.
Yeah? So what? Were they actually killed? What you didn't know is that women already wear pant suits from time to time in various wards for various reasons. And they aren't excommunicated.
You're issue is you can't stand the fact that in the Mormon church,'most' females enjoy wearing dresses instead of pants when they come to church. They, like the males that wear suits when they come to church feel dressing up according to one's gender in traditional attire (dresses) is more respectful in the worship of God than wearing a pair of pants. And that makes you puke as a feminist.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27823 Sep 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? So what? Were they actually killed? What you didn't know is that women already wear pant suits from time to time in various wards for various reasons. And they aren't excommunicated.
You're issue is you can't stand the fact that in the Mormon church,'most' females enjoy wearing dresses instead of pants when they come to church. They, like the males that wear suits when they come to church feel dressing up according to one's gender in traditional attire (dresses) is more respectful in the worship of God than wearing a pair of pants. And that makes you puke as a feminist.
Now you're an expert on what most women want! And death threats are OK! LOL!!!!!
Anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#27824 Sep 7, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
Mormons are followers of Smith.
replace Smith with Jesus Christ and you will be correct

Location hidden

#27825 Sep 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah? So what? Were they actually killed? What you didn't know is that women already wear pant suits from time to time in various wards for various reasons. And they aren't excommunicated.
It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye? You are such a loony toon.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27826 Sep 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're an expert on what most women want! And death threats are OK! LOL!!!!!
lol...you pathetic, ignorant fricking child...lolol. Don't you ever pay attention to anything? Watching what a person wears say in church and out of church reveals several things about their clothing habits. But because you're such a fricking blithering pathetic idiot you have never noted people's dress habits. You didn't notice because you didn't care. Because you didn't care you now know nothing that most people know at least something or more about because they do notice peoples dress habits.
Why are you so pathetically stupid?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27827 Sep 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye? You are such a loony toon.
Fun and games? Like all the death threats made to lds at voting time a while back? Like all the death threats made by dems and libs to people that gave to prop 8? You mean death threats like them?
You need to get a clue here. The LDS church holds to a dress code that most all of American Christianity held to a few decades ago. Males wore suits and females wore dresses. Out of church the suits and dresses went in the closet till the next sunday and most males and females wore pants because that was the growing fashion for females, pants.
Modern Christianity has decided looking nice at church is no longer relevant as long as you attend church. So today you can walk into many churches and people look like they just got done digging a ditch or their getting ready to go to the bars or a rave. They don't care about their appearance in church. Understand? They don't care and that's a reflection of how they feel about themselves and the fact they see no reason to have any respect to dress in an appropriate manner when worshipping their God. If he don't like it, tough *hit is their attitude. And I have no doubt that's your and dana's attitude though I could be wrong.
The LDS have an unwritten dress code where people want to dress nice for the God they worship. Men wear suits, women wear dresses. Simple concept.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27828 Sep 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you pathetic, ignorant fricking child...lolol. Don't you ever pay attention to anything? Watching what a person wears say in church and out of church reveals several things about their clothing habits. But because you're such a fricking blithering pathetic idiot you have never noted people's dress habits. You didn't notice because you didn't care. Because you didn't care you now know nothing that most people know at least something or more about because they do notice peoples dress habits.
Why are you so pathetically stupid?
What a baboon you are.
Bev

Proctorville, OH

#27829 Sep 8, 2013
I'm confused
fedupwithfools

Nuneaton, UK

#27830 Sep 8, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>The bible does not state to believe in the book of Mormon. Why do you make that up?
The bible doesn't say to believe in the bible. The bible isn't even a single book but a one volume set of allot of "approved" books by the catholic church. These books were assembled 100s of years after the events they describe. In fact the book of Revelations so quoted so often about adding more scripture was actually itself added quite recently.
The Mormons are honest and only ask that we look into it ourselves with an open mind. Which is fair, my experience of them is they don't lie. They're good people and go out of their way to try to live Christ like lives. If only the rest of us did? We don't have to agree with them but the truth is that we don't have to be on their case for daring to believe.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27831 Sep 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
What a baboon you are.
lol...at least I don't come out looking like the *ss end of a baboon with a pathetic, ignorant, stupidly made statement like the following you made..."Now you're an expert on what most women want!"...paying attention to one's environment and those in it tells a lot of info. Unfortunately you have proved you don't care. To each their own idiocy :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush lead GOP 2016 field 14 min Le Jimbo 33
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 1 hr mjjcpa 1,097
Tea Partiers Are Right: Jeb Is a RINO 22 hr Foster 6
A Jeb Bush 2016 Run Would Have Huge Implication... Thu Le Duped 7
Buffett, Gates, and Adelson: Billionaires prod ... Dec 16 swedenforever 3
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell guilty on 11 corrupt... Dec 15 serfs up 28
Wahlberg's plea points up risk of issuing pardons Dec 14 Deo Vindice 2
More from around the web