Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Read more

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26851 Jul 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She is like a lot of religious people who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down.
Are you fricking joking??????????lolol....... "..our relationship..." as in your and nomo's relationship with God? The relationship you state causes you and nomo to uplift others???? You mean you and nomo, the two that belittle, put down, spew hate and filth from the dark parts of your "uplifted" spirits for others??? Too fricking funny dude!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

United States

#26852 Jul 1, 2013
omg

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26853 Jul 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Are you fricking joking??????????lolol....... "..our relationship..." as in your and nomo's relationship with God? The relationship you state causes you and nomo to uplift others???? You mean you and nomo, the two that belittle, put down, spew hate and filth from the dark parts of your "uplifted" spirits for others??? Too fricking funny dude!!!!!!!!!!
...what's that you say?? It's not fun when the tables are turned?...funny how that works, when the victims decide to stand up to the bullies and the bullies cry victim. In 5 years you are going to be terribly undone. You won't have an excuse to be in the closet anymore. Whatever will you do???

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26854 Jul 2, 2013
You know what's even cooler than forcing you bigots to stop telling gay people they aren't equal to you?

...that moment, when it finally truly dawns on YOU and you feel horrible..especially about the suicides, the way you shunned the gay ones in your community, or worse turned them into your bishop because they "seemed" gay somehow to you, the absolutely despicable things you said to your gay child/sibling/extended family member/kid in your ward..this list is endless but you get the idea..

And you start to change.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26855 Jul 2, 2013
what the heck is the big deal...

it is not against common law to be gay. If you want to be gay it's your choice... and you can enjoy it now all you want. Though, it will not last forever.

Homosexuality is and always has been against Heavenly Fathers law (Commands) to be gay. Your enjoyment will devour you on judgement day.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26856 Jul 2, 2013
Free choice chica...

You delight in self desires that are against Heavenly Fathers commands... you will reap the consequences in eternity.

Get it.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26858 Jul 2, 2013

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26860 Jul 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...what's that you say??
What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26861 Jul 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...what's that you say?? It's not fun when the tables are turned?...funny how that works, when the victims decide to stand up to the bullies and the bullies cry victim. In 5 years you are going to be terribly undone. You won't have an excuse to be in the closet anymore. Whatever will you do???
Umm, out of curiosity what tables are turned? No tables have been turned. Are you mental? Homosexuals have been standing up to find their place in society for thousands of years and have never been given that place but for a short time. And when that society collapsed on itself, so did the laws and rights for homosexuals disappear with that society.
Homosexuality has existed when it's been tolerated by the conservative right joining the liberal left in whatever society it's existed in.
And you're wishing evil for this church is a wasted effort. They have never accepted a variety of what they believe are "sins", since Smith founded this church and they aren't changing because you think they will.
Sex outside of marriage between a male and female is wrong and is a sin to them be you male and female or male and male or female and female or human and animal it doesn't matter. Sex outside of a marriage between a male and female is wrong and is a sin to them. They will never change on that doctrine and you better realize that fact.
This church isn't like other Christian religions that change it's doctrines according to public perception of what a sin is and what a sin isn't at present. Most other Christian churches accept it's members that are committing adultery, living in shack up relationships, having casual sex, are drunks and weed heads and whatever else because they believe God is fine and well with all those things now.
Modern Christianity is a farce and a joke. It means nothing to itself and it has less meaning to the populace as a whole because it has no respect for itself as a religion.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26862 Jul 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.
Yeah, getting a taste of your own medicine sucks, doesn't it.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26863 Jul 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Stupid, ignorant, pathetic morons...lol...
"But he did attack the idea behind opposing marriage equality, and you can attack an idea without attacking those who subscribe to that idea."
Someone please show me how you can attack an idea formed/supported by a person(s) without attacking the person forming/supporting that idea, anyone please....
People claim they can be against same sex marriage and not be bigots and others claim it's not possible to "be against" same sex marriage and not be a bigot. Well using Kennedy's logic, why can't you "attack" the "idea" of same sex marriage without being a bigot? He claims we can attack an idea without attacking a person, same relevance...fricking stupid moronic thinking...

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26864 Jul 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, getting a taste of your own medicine sucks, doesn't it.
lol....nooooo...lol....your reasoning sucks.....but funny too :)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26865 Jul 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
You know what's even cooler than forcing you bigots to stop telling gay people they aren't equal to you?
...that moment, when it finally truly dawns on YOU and you feel horrible..especially about the suicides, the way you shunned the gay ones in your community, or worse turned them into your bishop because they "seemed" gay somehow to you, the absolutely despicable things you said to your gay child/sibling/extended family member/kid in your ward..this list is endless but you get the idea..
And you start to change.
The LDS church will change as it always does when public opinion turns ugly on them an they'll cave in with another "revelation" to let gays hold the priesthood, the males ones anyway. But they'll never admit their teachings are wrong as demonstrated by the fact they still embrace dark skin is a curse teaching. People see through the BS though and that is why the LDS church is bleeding more and more members everyday. The real truth about Mormonism is coming out, it's all just made up bullshit.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26866 Jul 4, 2013
Lehi, Utah..
How is this in any way acceptable?? Have your brains been washed so thoroughly that you can't see how creepy this is?

http://i.imgur.com/StXbmBK.jpg
gordon knapp

Ogden, UT

#26867 Jul 5, 2013
Kaylee Rae wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is unchanging, then why would he have to add something to the bible? That would be changing what he had originally.
Wisdom from someone who knows the truth first hand. Of course Mormons born into it will continue to believe it but that does not make it true. The truth will set you (Mormons) free.
gordon knapp

Ogden, UT

#26868 Jul 5, 2013
Kaylee Rar is wisdom from someone who knows the truth. Of course someone born into it would tend to believe it but that does not make it true.

The truth will set you (Mormons) free.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26869 Jul 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Lehi, Utah..
How is this in any way acceptable?? Have your brains been washed so thoroughly that you can't see how creepy this is?
http://i.imgur.com/StXbmBK.jpg
To a Muslim, those girls are prime marrying age.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26870 Jul 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
To a Muslim, those girls are prime marrying age.
Their "traditional marriage" message totally backfires when they use children to promote it...doesn't it?
I heard(from someone who was there)all the stakes in rexburg idaho had floats in the towns 4th parade..each one a different temple..with the walkers(missionaries and kids) passing out BOMs. They were specifically targeting people in shorts/tank tops, etc....
Desperate, creepy and wrong on countless levels.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26871 Jul 5, 2013
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#26872 Jul 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?
My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romney campaign official joins Gov. Scott Walke... 6 hr St Rick Saintpornum 18
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 7 hr swedenforever 226
News VIDEO: Mitt Romney 'Reflects'; Talks 2016 Elect... Thu Le Duped 1
News America declares Barack Obama worst president Thu About time 89
News Walker's team picks up a top Romney staffer Thu Le Duped 4
News Former AG Gonzales: Rubio not a wise VP pick (Apr '12) Wed swedenforever 6
News MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... Wed Le Duped 147
More from around the web