Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31994 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

ListenUpPeeps

Columbus, GA

#26075 May 27, 2013
You guys need to stop looking at color and start looking at God's Children - which we ALL are.

It doesn't matter if we are black, white, red or yellow - the Salvation of Jesus Christ is open to us ALL - regardless. The Bible tells us that.

We all bleed red, guys.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#26076 May 27, 2013
osirica wrote:
And none of that relates to a "mark". You include "mark" in the definition, but it goes back to merely the Cain passage.
BESIDES THAT... even still, it has no bearing on the notion that Cain's ENTIRE BODY COLOR was changed to black.
If you're going to imply it's literal then it wouldn't be a "mark", it would have been explained out that "Cain was changed, becoming the first of the Kushim" or something like that. Then the next passage would have said "and became the ancestors of the Kushites".
14 ; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

If you believe this story is true, that it happened, then you have to believe as the writer states/describes it, Cain killed his innocent brother. We can assume the word would be spread by those missing Able's presence and asking where he was, that they would hear Cain killed him.
So we now have Cain telling the Lord if anyone finds him, they will attempt to slay him for slaying Able(that brings forth a question, have you ever considered it?). So the Lord set's a mark/sign/token/etc on Cain, that insinuates this mark/sign/token/etc was set ON Cain, not on his clothes or shoes or coat or belt but on himself. "..the Lord set a mark upon Cain.." not above Cain, not below Cain, not a side of Cain, not to follow Cain, not to precede Cain but "..the Lord set a mark upon Cain..".
What ever the mark/sign/token was, the writer states it was set 'upon' Cain.
I told you I don't know what the mark/sign/token was that the Lord set on Cain as a protection. But it's evident it was SOMETHING that others would notice as being out of place as to what would have been 'normal' at that time.
I don't think whatever it was holds any importance now. That is why I don't care much concerning whatever it was. What the mark/sign/token was, it's not an important topic to me.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26077 May 27, 2013
osirica wrote:
Then I pointed out that since science proves that Adam/Eve were black,
You destroyed the value of your entire post on the above fallacy of thought. Science HAS NEVER, EVER, proved Adam and Eve were black and or Africans. That was an out right lie on your part.
The first Adam and Eve to true science were hairy bent over primates that just left the jungle for the Savannah's of Africa. Those primates weren't from the garden of Eden. Neither were they wearing sins of furs made by God. And they didn't farm and build cities etc.
You have a racist view point that Adam and Eve were black. It's that simple.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26078 May 27, 2013
osirica wrote:
I don't claim that white came from a rare genetic flaw.
I said that white skin came from a known proven genetic mutation from 20,000 years ago.
YOU are the one that bent that out of shape.
All human forms, in fact all variations of life ultimately came about through genetic mutation.
BUT what you are really crying about is this:
Your white skin came from a genetic mutation of MY dark skin.
Where you are wishing that my dark skin came as a result of your white skin.
So then you do your boo hoo sob story below...
Oh the "afterlife". As if I care about skin color in the afterlife.
No in fact, you should see how funny it is, YOU are concerned with it... just read below:
<quoted text>
The following is one link describing in kind other sites that state the same thing in one or more ways of agreement of the word 'mutation' that you don't understand the definition of.

http://www.reference.com/browse/mutation

mutation &#8194;[myoo-tey-shuhn]
mutation, in biology, a sudden, random change in a gene, or unit of hereditary material, that can alter an inheritable characteristic. Most mutations are not beneficial, since any change in the delicate balance of an organism having a high level of adaptation to its environment tends to be disruptive.

You state everyone was black and African from Adam to Moses and later.
You have never stated when or where these skin color mutations took place.
You have never explained why God took black African and literally cut off his true black descendants to be to suddenly be yellow, red, tan, white and brown in color with different looking facial features.
You claim the black African couple that suddenly began to have a totally different skin colored child saw it not as a curse from God. That is your logic, not mine. You claim ONLY BLACK AFRICANS EXISTED before any other color or race came to be. So all of us OTHER colored people according to you, we are really black Africans by genetic descent according to your logic.
That means God cursed several black couples long long ago to have a child that didn't look like them facially or skin colored. That's a curse to be born white when your parents are black Africans. That's a curse to be born yellow when your parents are black Africans. That's a curse to be born red when your parents are black Africans. That's a curse to be born brown when your parents are black Africans. That's a curse to be born tan when your parents are black Africans.
That's your black racism back at you dude :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26079 May 27, 2013
osirica wrote:
Did it ever cross your mind that God started off with black skinned Adam, but knowing how he can see the future, was very happy with the variation that would come about later?
In other words, just because you weren't first... that doesn't mean you aren't important too! God loves all skin colors equally!
is that good enough for you?
<quoted text>
You're such a fricking pathetic racist! You whine and cry and moan and groan over the theory Cain was marked with black/dark skin. Yet on the other hand you support the theory God cursed black African couples to birth out kid(s) of a different, totally different color so the kid wasn't a black African and was born cursed to a genetic mutation to have a false skin color.
Get it? DO YOU FINALLY GET IT YET??? YOU SUPPORT THE CURSED SKIN COLOR CHANGE OF BLACK AFRICAN CHILDREN TO BE BORN CURSED TO A FALSE COLOR UNLIKE THEIR PARENTS BLACK AFRICAN COLOR.
You're nothing but a racist dude. You support total skin color changes and you state it took place, changing a child's real black African color to a totally different false color.
YOUR A RACIST DUDE, A RACIST PREACHING SKIN COLOR CURSING CHANGES.
Back at you dude :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26080 May 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
It's not my fault you are so old, fat, and ugly no one wants you.
Some more of that non-Christian speech you love to put out there to prove how much you love to speak for your dark hearted god...he's got to be so proud of your language...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26081 May 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a special kind of insane. She tried to gather information about me by writing to me pretending she was leaving the LDS church. This is what she wrote last year in a letter sent to my home:
Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.
When exposed on this forum, she went into a tirade promising me a law suit and visit from her son. Still waiting for both. LOL!!!
sportxmouse isn't your Carole Sutton dude...lol You have Sutton's address. Why don't you go visit her and her family and find out for yourself? Tell her your the guy she wrote to about Mormonism. Than ask her if she can show you her Topix profile...lol...you're in for a real surprise dude :)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26083 May 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
sportxmouse isn't your Carole Sutton dude...lol You have Sutton's address. Why don't you go visit her and her family and find out for yourself? Tell her your the guy she wrote to about Mormonism. Than ask her if she can show you her Topix profile...lol...you're in for a real surprise dude :)
It's Carol. You're just too ignorant to know it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26084 May 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...If Carol Sutton is sportmouse, then she's into polygamy because according to you then, she has two different residences in two different places far far apart from each other. She would also have a few kids by one husband and several kids by the other husband. With one husband she's a doubting jack Mormon and with the other she's a TBM that attends church.
You have one of her two addresses. Why don't you go to the address you have and tell the husband she's married to at that address, that she's married to another man and has other kids at another address where she's an active Mormon and attends church?
Put your $ where your mouth is dude. You're the one making all the claims. She and I message each other. I know who she is. You don't. If you knew her, you would know Sutton isn't mouse. That's what you would know.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26085 May 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hey, have you read the latest news find?

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/26/1...

Dig the split image of a Menorah! lol...
These caves and their art was discovered long ago, than rediscovered in 2006.
They have numbered over 5000 individual paintings. One of the caves has been named "Cave of the horses". They haven't explained why such a strange name for a cave with pre-Hispanic drawings.
The art/drawings is post Columbus by three different cultures that lived in this area. But they don't know how anciently old beyond Columbus the drawings are.
I find it strange they have kept this under wraps for 7 years. Scientists usually post cave art they have discovered as soon as possible whether it's a few hundred years old or 3000 years old.
Have to wait and see :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26086 May 28, 2013
For anyone interested, this is a more informative link concerning this art...

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/25408
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26087 May 28, 2013
The Mormon Church and the Negro Race

BRIGHAM YOUNG Second Prophet and President of the Mormon church from 1847 - 1877

“I have never yet preached a sermon and sent it out to the children of men, that they may not call scripture.” Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, page 95

“You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly without the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to the line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark on him, which is the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race—that they should be the “servant of servants:” and they will be, until that curse is removed; and the Abolitionists cannot help it, nor in the least alter that degree.”
Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, pages 290-291

“In our first settlement in Missouri, it was said by our enemies that we intended to tamper with the slaves, not that we had any idea of the kind, for such a thing never entered our minds. We knew that the children of Ham were to be the “servant of servants,” and no power under heaven could hinder it, so long as the Lord would permit them to welter under the curse, and those were known to be our religious views concerning them.”
Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, page 172

“Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If a white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so.” Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, page 110

Clearly Brigham Young was a Racist and thus a false prophet.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26088 May 28, 2013

JOSEPH SMITH First Prophet, President and Founder of the Mormon Church
from 1830 - 1944
“….we do not believe in setting the negroes free.”
History of the Church, Vol. 3, page 29

“Had I anything to do with the negro, I would confine them by strict law to their own species, and put them on a national equalization.”
History of the Church, Vol. 5, pages 218-219

On this and this alone we can see Joseph Smith was a false prophet and thus the LDS faith is founded on a falsehood

Mormons are not Christians their leaders show us it is so.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26090 May 28, 2013

MARK E. PETERSON
of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Mormon church from 1944 - 1984

“Who placed the Negroes originally in darkest Africa? Was it some man, or was it God? And when He placed them there, He segregated them…. The Lord segregated the people both as to blood and place of residence. At least in the cases of the Lamanites and the negroes we have the definite word of the Lord Himself that He placed a dark skin upon them as a curse—as a punishment and as a sign to all others. He forbade intermarriage with them under threat of extension of the curse…. And He certainly segregated the descendants of Cain when He cursed the Negro as to the Priesthood, and drew an absolute line. You may even say He dropped an Iron curtain there. The Negro was cursed as to the Priesthood, and therefore, was cursed as to the blessings of the Priesthood. Certainly God made a segregation there.

“Think of the Negro, cursed as to the Priesthood. Are we prejudiced against him? Unjustly, sometimes we are accused of having such a prejudice. But what does the mercy of God have for him? This Negro, who, in the pre-existence lived the type of life which justified the Lord in sending him to the earth in the lineage of Cain with a black skin, and possibly being born in darkest Africa—if that Negro is willing when he hears the gospel to accept it, he may have many blessings of the gospel. In spite of all he did in the pre-existent life, the Lord is willing, if the Negro accepts the gospel with real, sincere faint, and is really converted, to give him the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost…

“If I were to marry a Negro woman and have children by her, my children would all be cursed as to the priesthood. Do I want my children cursed as to the priesthood? If there is one drop of negro blood in my children, as I have read to you, they receive the curse. There isn’t any argument, therefore, as to intermarriage with the Negro, is there? There are 50 million Negros in the United States. If they were to achieve complete absorption with the white race, think what that would do. With 50 million Negroes inter-married with us, where would the priesthood be? Who would hold it, in all America? Think what that would do to the work of the Church!....

“Now we are generous with the Negro. We are willing that the Negro have the highest kind of education. I would be willing to let every Negro drive a Cadillac if they could afford it. I would be willing that they have all the advantages they can get out of life in the world. But let them enjoy these things among themselves, I think the Lord segregated the Negro and who is man to change that segregation?” Race Problems—As They Affect The Church (address given at BYU, August 27th, 1954

AS YOU CAN SEE THE LDS HAVE A HISTORY OF OUT AND OUT RACISM AGAINST BLACKS THAT NO LDS MISSIONARY THAT COMES TO YOUR DOOR EVEN HAS CLUE EXISTED.

LDS = DECEPTION

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26091 May 28, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
JOSEPH SMITH First Prophet, President and Founder of the Mormon Church
from 1830 - 1944
“….we do not believe in setting the negroes free.”
History of the Church, Vol. 3, page 29
“Had I anything to do with the negro, I would confine them by strict law to their own species, and put them on a national equalization.”
History of the Church, Vol. 5, pages 218-219
On this and this alone we can see Joseph Smith was a false prophet and thus the LDS faith is founded on a falsehood
Mormons are not Christians their leaders show us it is so.
You seem to get around or have you been in one place all along, Culter, a suburb of Aberdeen, Scotland? Just curious. Saw some pics of the area, nice looking.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26092 May 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to get around or have you been in one place all along, Culter, a suburb of Aberdeen, Scotland? Just curious. Saw some pics of the area, nice looking.
Well No Surprise it appears my IP location interests you more than the fact I have posted today from LDS sources that in no way can be said to be Anti-Mormon a continual history of Racism in the LDS church.

In fact I have posted irrefutable evidence that the decision of the LDS church to allow blacks into the priesthood directly contradicts 150 years of its prophets and apostles teachings and decrees.

Head in the sand? again?

Anyway I work offshore so my IP depends which Satellite and or service provider I am using at any given time to post.

And yes for the first time in this thread, I do get around.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#26093 May 28, 2013
Above should have rad and yes for the first time in this thread you are right I get around.

Anyway some more LDS Racist History as if the above did not suffice.

JOHN TAYLOR
Third Prophet and President of the Mormon church from 1880 - 1887
“….after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham’s wife, as he had married a wife of the seed. And why did it pass though the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have representation upon the earth as well as God;….”
Journal of Discourses, Vol. 22, page 304

“When he [Satan] destroyed the inhabitants of the antediluvian worlds, he suffered a descendant of Cain to come through the flood in order that he might be properly represented upon the earth.”
Journal of Discourses, Vol. 23, page 336

JOSEPH FIELDING SMITH Tenth Prophet and President of the Mormon church from 1970 - 1972

“I would not want you to believe that we bear any animosity toward the negro.‘Darkies’ are wonderful people, and they have their place in our church.”
Look magazine, October 22, 1963, page 79

“There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient, more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in all things there received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less …. There were no neutrals in the war in heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men received rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits.”
Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, pages 66-67

“President Brigham Young, answering a question put to him by Elder Lorenzo D. Young in a meeting held December 25, 1869, in Salt lake City, said that Joseph Smith had declared that the negroes were not neutral in heaven, for all the spirits took sides, but the posterity of Cain are black because (Cain) committed murder.”
The Way to Perfection, pages 105-106

“That negro race, for instance, have been placed under restrictions because of their attitude in the world of spirits, few will doubt. It cannot be looked upon as just that they should be deprived of the power of the priesthood without it being a punishment for some act, or acts, performed before they were born.”
The Way to Perfection, page 43

“Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became the father of an inferior race. A curse was placed upon him and the curse has been continued through his lineage and must do so while time endures. Millions of souls have come into the world cursed with a black skin and have been denied the privilege of Priesthood and the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel. These are the descendents of Cain. Moreover, they have been made to feel their inferiority and have been separated from the rest of mankind from the beginning …. We will also hope that blessings may eventually be given to our negro brethren, for they are our brethren—children of God—not withstanding their black covering emblematic of eternal darkness.”
The Way to Perfection, pages 101-102

There can be little doubt this is not Christian.

Marysville, CA

#26094 May 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...If Carol Sutton is sportmouse, then she's into polygamy because according to you then, she has two different residences in two different places far far apart from each other. She would also have a few kids by one husband and several kids by the other husband. With one husband she's a doubting jack Mormon and with the other she's a TBM that attends church.
You have one of her two addresses. Why don't you go to the address you have and tell the husband she's married to at that address, that she's married to another man and has other kids at another address where she's an active Mormon and attends church?
Put your $ where your mouth is dude. You're the one making all the claims. She and I message each other. I know who she is. You don't. If you knew her, you would know Sutton isn't mouse. That's what you would know.
I'm not the stalker, she is. And the day I have anything to prove to you has long past.

Marysville, CA

#26095 May 28, 2013
Another demonstration of how little the LDS church really thinks about it's poor members.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/5...

They care more about the dead than they do the living.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#26096 May 28, 2013
What trap?

Let them adopt! I don't think children were meant to be born in group homes, or with single teenager mothers who were impregnated by cheating ADULTEROUS husbands!

Sorry, the gays win hands down over the adultery option!

So I disagree with you and agree that depending on the actions of the individual (which all are accountable to) that any safe adult should adopt, who is physically capable.

Being GAY doesn't make a difference.

NOW the lesson is over.
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just fallen into a trap so to speak.
Because if you allow them to marry then by definition you must allow them to adopt.
YOU see marriage was never about the Man or the Women the institute of marriage was for the children, because marriage by definition is the Institute under which children are to be raised.
I will not go further in this thread if you would like we can continue in a different thread.
But I must point out you have agreed with me Discrimination is ok under the right circumstances as you would not allow them to adopt.
So One must be careful when making the an argument against LDS Racism and not to say God or I do not discriminate ever because yes we do as You would against gays adopting children.
You give the LDS and out to call you a Hypocrite and dismiss your argument.
Here ends the Lesson
You could of just said I was right but I will take the fact you discriminate as that. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump rally draws thousands to Albuquerq... 5 hr Old Surfer Dude 19
News Mitt Romney sharply condemns Trump's nomination 23 hr spud 4
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Sat Three Rounds 67
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) Fri emperorjohn 51,156
News Washington Post Poll Puts Trump Up 2 Points On ... Fri spud 5
News Clinton looks to pop Trump's populist appeal Fri Excellent One 4
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) Fri Alimony 29
More from around the web