Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23090 Apr 6, 2013
You don't believe in the doctrines of

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints... the Church established after the Dark Ages.

Do you believe in the Church of Jesus Christ? The Church established when Christ was here and established?

You won't answer.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23091 Apr 6, 2013
There are no commandments that I know of that "require" polygamy in the next life... just the command that we have to be prepared for it.

You don't understand that could mean many things.

Now go to your anti-Mormon sites and copy paste their theories.

Next topic. You haven't won that debate in over a year... you loose!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#23092 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
ahaha,
"Most of the women, I think, in the church are happy to have all the blessings," President Linda K. Burton, head of the church’s female Relief Society
That is her personal opinion... did you catch the I THINK word 5 and 6 of the article.
I want to fulfill my duty and that is order and authority... we have to be prepared to fulfill our duty and that is obedience to laws/commandments and authority.
That is what you don't get... more diversion tactics.
Apparently other LDS women are beginning to disagree. I didn't make this up.
I'm watching a conference talk right now about how important it is for them to stay in their place.
The leaders are worried.

Marysville, CA

#23093 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
You don't believe in the doctrines of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints... the Church established after the Dark Ages.
Do you believe in the Church of Jesus Christ? The Church established when Christ was here and established?
You won't answer.
Sure I'll answer. That's why I'm here, to teach the members what that is. It isn't Mormonism, not even close.

Marysville, CA

#23094 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
When husband and wife marry in the temple.
that does not mean there is no choice after this life, what if child were sealed to mother and father than mother and father get divorce, which would child go to mother or father?
It's the child's choice... you see there is no force in that decision.
Now, show us an LDS source that supports that.
You have been debating the same thing for a year. When you loose you start diverting the conversation, calling names, cursing people out, making threats to kill prophets and Jesus himself.
You don't answer questions that are posed to you...
I asked are you atheist?
and you diverted the question to guessing about me and you have no knowledge of me except I am a Pro-Mormon, Pro-Duty, Pro-Authority, Pro-Order.
Come on this is as you would call it "pathetic".
Most of the time you are so foul mouthed and disgusting in your posts you aren't worthy of a response. When you act that way, I will treat you with the respect you deserve, and ignore you.
No, I am not an Atheist, and have stated so many times before. Why didn't you know that?

You are missing Conference: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch...

Marysville, CA

#23095 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
There are no commandments that I know of that "require" polygamy in the next life... just the command that we have to be prepared for it.
Why would you have to be commanded to be ready for it if it isn't a commandment?
You don't understand that could mean many things.
Now go to your anti-Mormon sites and copy paste their theories.
Next topic. You haven't won that debate in over a year... you loose!
Apparently you are another member who can't read and comprehend D&C 132, but your ability to have selective ignorance is something you have shown over and over again in the past year.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23096 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently other LDS women are beginning to disagree. I didn't make this up.
I'm watching a conference talk right now about how important it is for them to stay in their place.
The leaders are worried.
How many LDS women feel this way?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23097 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, show us an LDS source that supports that.
<quoted text>
Most of the time you are so foul mouthed and disgusting in your posts you aren't worthy of a response. When you act that way, I will treat you with the respect you deserve, and ignore you.
No, I am not an Atheist, and have stated so many times before. Why didn't you know that?
You are missing Conference: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch...
The Authorities told me personally. I don't need someone to tell me the truth, the Holy Ghost confirms if it is true or not.

You confuse me with other people to divert and accuse to divert. Fact... you don't know me. Your accusations are meaningless... it's just a diversion tactic.

Marysville, CA

#23098 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough to make the news.

Marysville, CA

#23099 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The Authorities told me personally. I don't need someone to tell me the truth, the Holy Ghost confirms if it is true or not.
You confuse me with other people to divert and accuse to divert. Fact... you don't know me. Your accusations are meaningless... it's just a diversion tactic.
Anyone who claims to know the General Authorities personally, is full of it, or is our Carol. Which is both.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23100 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough to make the news.
You are so into your agenda you will say anything... you don't even do anything except adopt other peoples arguments and copy paste them, or call names, or threaten to kill Jesus Christ himself.

Your a fool.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23101 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who claims to know the General Authorities personally, is full of it, or is our Carol. Which is both.
Bull, ppl know the general authorities personally.

And, I never said I knew the General Authorities personally. I said the authorities... told me. People who would know, not an apostate Mormon making up his own doctrines and theories.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23102 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph Smith whoring around has nothing to do with scripture.
The fact that you have made yourself into a whoring rumour monger perpetuating rumours you have read others said has nothing to do with scriptures either. Now what?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23103 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough to make the news.
Editorials make news columns constantly... people don't have to be politicians to make news...

Your analysis doesn't even make logical sense.

She stated, "I think", that was giving her personal opinion. Do you not comprehend that? It was an opinion article, not doctrine, not from authorities, A PERSONAL OPINION.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23104 Apr 6, 2013
You haven't proven the History wrong that we have been discussing the past few days.

More diversions.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23105 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,

You never answered the question:

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23106 Apr 6, 2013
You also never answered the question:

Since you don't believe in the Church Jesus Christ set up in his ministry "The Church of Jesus Christ"

and you don't believe in the Church Jesus Christ set up after the Dark Ages from hidden manuscripts "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"

What do you believe?

Are you an atheist?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23107 Apr 6, 2013
Do you even believe in the Dead Sea Scrolls that were hidden and revealed to us once the timing was right?

Hidden during the dark ages... hidden for 2,000 years.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23108 Apr 6, 2013
Do you believe in the documented History regarding the reformation, the revolution?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23109 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently reading comprehension is a problem with you:
D&C 132:
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you my servant Joseph, that inasmuch as you have inquired of my hand to know and understand wherein I, the Lord, justified my servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as also Moses, David and Solomon, my servants, as touching the principle and doctrine of their having many awives and bconcubines—
2 Behold, and lo, I am the Lord thy God, and will answer thee as touching this matter.
3 Therefore, aprepare thy heart to receive and bobey the instructions which I am about to give unto you; for all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same.
4 For behold, I reveal unto you a new and an everlasting covenant; and if ye abide not that covenant, then are ye damned; for no one can reject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory.
6 And as pertaining to the new and everlasting covenant, it was instituted for the fulness of my glory; and he that receiveth a fulness thereof must and shall abide the law, or he shall be damned, saith the Lord God.
lol....No. Reading comprehension is your issue because you take what is perfectly understandable and twist it to mean what it never said. That's called deceit and lying for your god that urges you to do such a thing and he pats you on your back for calling it truth.
For instance, in the following do note that in this verse, it isn't stated God had allowed all the children of Israel to partake in this principle and doctrine. As a matter of fact God spells it out that only certain individuals were allowed by God to partake in this practice, read the fricking verse as it was written, not as you deceitfully twist it to mean.
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you my servant Joseph, that inasmuch as you have inquired of my hand to know and understand wherein I, the Lord, justified my servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as also Moses, David and Solomon, my servants, as touching the principle and doctrine of their having many wives and concubines—
Next, God states in this verse... "...for all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same." That means not everyone as a whole would have this law revealed to them, but only select individuals.
That means this principle and doctrine wasn't a matter of salvation FOR EACH AND EVERY CHURCH MEMBER. But it was a matter of salvation to those of whom it was required of to partake of that principle and doctrine.
And you reverting to your usual pathetic lies you use to make a really stupid twisted point only prove how far you will go to foster your lies.
The doctrine of plural marriage was never given for all church members male and female. It was never stated and it was never written that all male and female church members had to be part of a polygamous marriage or risk going to hell etc. And you're reverting to pathetic twisted lies stating that is how it reads.
So remain a liar or read the information as it was written "..for all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antifa: A Look at the Antifascist Movement Conf... 7 hr bottlecap 56
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) Mon Tm Cln 4,041
News Romney Tells Trump to Apologize for Causing 'Ra... Sun youll shoot your ... 13
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy Aug 12 Trump is a joke 1,188
News Video: Pastor Joel Osteen on Mitt Romney as a M... (Jan '12) Aug 9 tongangodz 3
News Santorum, Gingrich tote Etch A Sketch toys (Mar '12) Aug 6 Clever Obama 39
News New Obama ad alleges Romney murdered JonBenet R... (Aug '12) Aug 5 Tex- 21
More from around the web