Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#22389 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they are "anti-Mormon" Mormons? LOL!!!!!
duh,

they are called hypocrites.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#22390 Mar 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
and, I don't need your permission to post here either.
You are off topic.
You're always off topic. What's your point besides you hate me? That has been well established a long time ago.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22391 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it isn't anti-Mormon: http://puremormonism.blogspot.com/2009/07/wha...
Not Ashamed, I think you will like this web site. Carol doesn't because they have thinking Mormons there.
It's opinion!!! Thus, not from a LDS authorized source.

You are off topic... this has to do with the topic:

Marysville, CA

#22392 Mar 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
duh,
they are called hypocrites.
Everyone that doesn't think exactly like you is a hypocrite. Pathetic.

"When the leaders have spoken, the thinking has been done." That's our Carol.

Marysville, CA

#22393 Mar 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you stop being your own fool? Do you know what it took to be a member of a church in Smith's time? BAPTISM. WATER BAPTISM. DUNKED IN A RIVER, WATER TANK, POND, STREAM, ETC. Research some fricking history if you need to. Even Christian missionaries from the east to the west were dunking native Indians in rivers and streams for part of their baptism. Many ministers believed water baptism covered it all for being a member and nothing else.
Can you find me witnesses that state Smith was water baptised into this Methodist faith?
Now on to your sources.
"He presented himself in a very serious and humble manner, and the minister, not suspecting evil, put his name on the class book, in the absence of some of the official members.(The Amboy Journal, Amboy, Illinois, April 30, 1879, p.1)."
"..put his name on the class book,.." That's your evidence that Smith was made a member of this Methodist faith? His name was put in a class book as being an 'attendee?" Please tell me you have better proof than that.
This just gets better... "I think in June, 1828, heard on Saturday,.." The preacher thinks, THINKS he heard Smith was a member. THIS WAS THE PREACHER OF THE CHURCH AND HE CAN'T REMEMBER IF HE BAPTISED SMITH AS A MEMBER! How many people were there that he couldn't remember a baptism he did! Fricking a riot and that's your proof? This minister even made the standing difference Smith was a "MEMBER" of a BIBLE CLASS GROUP, NOT A MEMBER OF THE METHODIST CHURCH.
How pathetically far will you go to make a claim your own source puts in doubt and states no actual BAPTISM happened? lolol....just to fricking funny...
If the Lord told him that all the churches were an abomination, what is he doing in a Methodist church in the first place? Hmmmmmmm?(You went a little Carol there, big boy)LOL!!!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22394 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always off topic. What's your point besides you hate me? That has been well established a long time ago.
My point is I don't hate you.

I don't agree with your tactics. I don't trust you because you LIE constantly.

You harassed an 65 year old woman calling her a whore a molester of her own children, and revealed her address and personal information on the Internet.

It's illegal and you did it out of spite and because you think you can get away with it. Now, you pretend it was all a joke after weeks of slander that woman and her family on the Internet.

Ridiculous.

Marysville, CA

#22395 Mar 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance will never teach you anything. We have four main prophets and leaders and kings that all practised polygamy and to you, they were evil bad men because God you claim didn't allow them to have more than one wife. So now you can't explain how such evil bad men defying the will of God remained leaders of God all the while they lived. You can't explain how such evil bad polygamous men were never disciplined a single time for disobeying God and marrying as many women as they wanted to marry.
You can't explain how such out right ungodly disobedience wasn't spoken about by God or why he continued such evil bad polygamous men to be prophets, leaders and Kings of his people instead of replacing them with an obedient servant of one wife only.
You have a mental cluster catastrophe happening here. When you get it figured out and get a base intelligent theory going to explain your position better, you let me know okay?
Any you keep trying to avoid my main point that there is no scripture commanding polygamy for one's salvation, never has been.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22396 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone that doesn't think exactly like you is a hypocrite. Pathetic.
"When the leaders have spoken, the thinking has been done." That's our Carol.
No, that is not true.

You don't even know me, yet you have judged me unjustly. That is not your right. And, not the topic.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#22397 Mar 19, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said Peter was a prophet? No Christian I know of, much less the Bible. He cut off the EAR of a Roman guard who was trying to arrest the Messiah! That is hardly premeditated murder - attempted or otherwise! How desperate are you to be right? Apparently desperate enough to lie about what the Word says, but I'm not surprised. Afterall, your great prophet (cough, sputter, choke) Joseph Smith was a GIANT fraud who lied his a$$ off to satisfy his own lusts! Wow!
The apostles were apostles and prophets. Prophets were named in the New Testament. You don't know that because you don't know what a topical guide/index is.
The apostles received information from God that didn't come from Jesus that they were told to share with the people. That is what a prophet does, they receive words from God to give to his people.
Next, Peter wasn't aiming for an ear. If you believe that, I have a sand castle for you to buy that you can move into a week from now. Peter was swing his sword down onto the skull of the guard to kill him. That's called premeditated murder, a fore-thought to killing.
Why don't you go read the Bible and than get back to me with any more Bible questions okay? Hmm?

Marysville, CA

#22398 Mar 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
It's opinion!!! Thus, not from a LDS authorized source.
You are off topic... this has to do with the topic:
So it's not rue unless the general Authorities approve of it first? Mormons aren't allowed to have opinions? Thank you for the demonstration of a mind brainwashed by a cult. When I do give statements by your leaders you make excuses for them also.
Pathetic.

Marysville, CA

#22399 Mar 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles were apostles and prophets. Prophets were named in the New Testament. You don't know that because you don't know what a topical guide/index is.
The apostles received information from God that didn't come from Jesus that they were told to share with the people. That is what a prophet does, they receive words from God to give to his people.
Next, Peter wasn't aiming for an ear. If you believe that, I have a sand castle for you to buy that you can move into a week from now. Peter was swing his sword down onto the skull of the guard to kill him. That's called premeditated murder, a fore-thought to killing.
Why don't you go read the Bible and than get back to me with any more Bible questions okay? Hmm?
None of the Apostles were named "Prophet". Not once.

Marysville, CA

#22400 Mar 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is I don't hate you.
I don't agree with your tactics. I don't trust you because you LIE constantly.
You harassed an 65 year old woman calling her a whore a molester of her own children, and revealed her address and personal information on the Internet.
It's illegal and you did it out of spite and because you think you can get away with it. Now, you pretend it was all a joke after weeks of slander that woman and her family on the Internet.
Ridiculous.
I treated you like you treated me, Carol. You're the one who started the stalker routine.

All those treats of lawsuits and sons coming to beat me, and not even a phone call. pathetic.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22401 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, childish name calling and hissy fits won't make the Mormon church right or you. In the US the Mormon church denies a couple the right to marry in the Temple if they get a civil or non-temple marriage first.
lololol......fricking to much.....to much laughter....sore tummy....
Of course the church would deny marrying a couple a second time! That's illegal! But minus the marriage ceremony that takes place in public or in a temple, the couple can have all the other rites and sealings that a couple marrying in the temple receives. What was your point????? lolol........

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22402 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's not rue unless the general Authorities approve of it first? Mormons aren't allowed to have opinions? Thank you for the demonstration of a mind brainwashed by a cult. When I do give statements by your leaders you make excuses for them also.
Pathetic.
Someone's opinion has NOTHING to do with proving the CHURCH true or false. Heck as far as we know the person submitting a comment to the blog could be an anti-Mormon in disguise just making things up (LYING).

You are reaching, you are twisting and trying to manipulate the subject.
Seriously

Washington, DC

#22403 Mar 19, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles were apostles and prophets. Prophets were named in the New Testament......Why don't you go read the Bible and than get back to me with any more Bible questions okay? Hmm?
Peter was NEVER identified as a prophet in the Bible. Maybe in YOUR INDEX, but NEVER in the Bible. Maybe in the Book of Mormon (which is crap), but NEVER in the Bible. Also, Peter was an apostle and even the "rock" upon whom the church would be built, but never a prophet. Mormons made that up - like the rest of their religion.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#22404 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I treated you like you treated me, Carol. You're the one who started the stalker routine.
All those treats of lawsuits and sons coming to beat me, and not even a phone call. pathetic.
My name is not Carol, and I never said a word about anyone coming to beat you up. LIAR!

And, it's the risk you take when you subject yourself as a business man on the Internet soliciting Mormon's to send you cigarettes for laughs.

I have the right to look up anything I want to find if it is true or not... what hidden agenda's the person has.

and you are a LIAR if you say otherwise... otherwise I would have had the police knocking at my door and I haven't

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22405 Mar 19, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Do you think that what the church gains by keeping control of LDS weddings outweighs what they lose in relations with part member families and general bad PR? Do you see a day when the church will receive revelation on this issue that will allow the church to evolve as it has in other areas relating to the temple?
And that was from a faithful Mormon.
Making sure people are happy rather than being unhappy or unsatisfied was never a real care of God's any where in the Bible. Are you married? Do you have a family? Did some one just die? Tough fricking fruit cake. God doesn't care what you have or what's going on in your life if you love him and believe in him, share with the poor or else. Go preach his gospel and visit the widows and needy and impart of your substance to them. Leave your family and get on that mission! Go from town to town and city to city till he calls you home. Don't lust! Don't be angry! Love those that hate you and use you. If some one hits you, let them hit you again and you better be forgiving them! And if you offend a single innocent person, you better go find a body of water and commit suicide and drown yourself for your action has no forgiveness in this life.
lolol....and you think Mormon temple marriages promote so much sadness and unhappy family relationships? lol...fricking get a Net Testament reality check dude! lol...
Seriously

Washington, DC

#22406 Mar 19, 2013
Ten Points for Disbelief in Mormonism

1. Recent DNA research has proved that the Native Americans (a.k.a. "Lamanites" within the Church) are not from Israel as Joseph Smith revealed. They are originally from Siberia/Mongolia, and much longer ago than a mere 2600 years. Furthermore, no DNA evidence supports or even hints that the Book of Mormon account of North American history is even remotely accurate.

2. Mormon archaeologists from BYU and elsewhere are quoted as saying that there is NO validity to the topography/geography of the Book of Mormon, and NO evidence of the existence of the Nephites, Lamanites, or any other group mentioned in the BoM. There are more than a dozen items and species mentioned in the BoM that have never existed in the New World, such as: coins, glass, Egyptian hieroglyphs, metal swords, functional wheels, chains, carriages, brass armor, chariots, wheat, figs, olives, grapes, barley, sheep, oxen, goats, asses, horses, bulls, elephants.
Seriously

Washington, DC

#22407 Mar 19, 2013
3. The Book of Abraham (revealed by Joseph Smith from a random set of Egyptian Papyri before the world knew how to translate hieroglyphs) has been declared a bogus interpretation by Egyptologists around the world. No group or body of scholars even pretends that Joseph Smith's translations are partly accurate.

4. Joseph Smith claimed, on two occasions, to have run several miles while in possession of the golden plates. By his own linear measurements these plates would have weighed at least 185 lbs, assuming they were at least half gold. Joseph Smith failed to provide an estimate of their weight, which would have been an outstanding or remarkable feature of gold plates.
Seriously

Washington, DC

#22408 Mar 19, 2013
5. Joseph Smith lied to his first wife, Emma, and his neighbors and community about his deep involvement in polygamy. He stood at pulpits and denounced the practice while secretly married to a dozen teenagers. He caused a printing press to be destroyed after it advertised an upcoming issue concerning Smith's involvement in polygamy. This was considered an act of treason in the young United States. Smith fled Nauvoo, Illinois, after destroying this printing press, hiding out in a nearby jail, where a state militia unit found him and killed him after a gun battle.

6. Joseph Smith was once arrested and jailed in Ohio, in conjunction with a failed bank venture. One of the many fraud claims against Smith, though never tried for this offense for lack of evidence, was that he placed silver coins atop boxes of rocks to assure his fellow Mormon investors that the bank was solvent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffett, Gates, and Adelson: Billionaires prod ... 1 hr Dubya Tee Eff 4
Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush lead GOP 2016 field 2 hr Gary 18
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 8 hr barefoot2626 1,068
A Jeb Bush 2016 Run Would Have Huge Implication... 9 hr Dee Dee Dee 5
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell guilty on 11 corrupt... Dec 15 serfs up 28
Wahlberg's plea points up risk of issuing pardons Dec 14 Deo Vindice 2
Survey shows more Internet users than ever see ... Dec 12 Sterkfontein Swar... 6