Creating a political bogeyman is no e...

Creating a political bogeyman is no easy thing

There are 34 comments on the The Washington Post story from Apr 20, 2014, titled Creating a political bogeyman is no easy thing. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

That's according to a memo circulated in Washington this week from longtime Democratic operatives Stan Greenberg and James Carville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Liberals Are Deranged

Patchogue, NY

#1 Apr 20, 2014
It was a piece of cake with Obama.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Apr 20, 2014
The great news on OBAMACARE has place Democrats in a very good position this November… had OBAMACARE been a complete disaster with under a million signing up then it would have been dismal for Democrats in the mid-terms. But now President Obama has placed the Democratic Party in an outstanding position to not only hold the Senate but possibly take back the House… possibly.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#3 Apr 20, 2014
The American people are tired of being manipulated by Carville, and Greenberg. There is a whole new group of voters that get their information from the internet, not Jon Stewart. The can read, and everything.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#4 Apr 20, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
There is a whole new group of voters that get their information from the internet, not Jon Stewart..
Boy, it is important to have different sources - yes even finding political humor from Stewart and others. Fux has old folks and it seems young people are going elsewhere for the truth - including those programs who mock the political hypocrisy.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5 Apr 21, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The great news on OBAMACARE has place Democrats in a very good position this November… had OBAMACARE been a complete disaster with under a million signing up then it would have been dismal for Democrats in the mid-terms. But now President Obama has placed the Democratic Party in an outstanding position to not only hold the Senate but possibly take back the House… possibly.
You are crazy, but we knew that. Go back to cutting out your paper dolls.

Paris

#6 Apr 21, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, it is important to have different sources - yes even finding political humor from Stewart and others. Fux has old folks and it seems young people are going elsewhere for the truth - including those programs who mock the political hypocrisy.
Are you trying to keep the young in the folds pookie. They left months ago when Obama lied to them about ObamaCare.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#7 Apr 21, 2014
As the article states :
""Roughly one in five voters in 2012 said that the most important trait in making up their mind about who to vote for was that the candidate “cares about people like me.” "

The repubes need to work on that one ....

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2014
It's like the last line in the movie "Halloween"

"What's the Boogeyman?"

"Obama is the Boogeyman."

Trying to polish a turd just gets shit everywhere.

And you still end up with a turd.
right is wrong

United States

#9 Apr 21, 2014
Yep, the Conservatards are great at creating the boogie man out of thin air. Maybe the Dems should take a lesson or two in demonoligy from the Conservatards and turn the tables on them.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 21, 2014
right is wrong wrote:
Yep, the Conservatards are great at creating the boogie man out of thin air. Maybe the Dems should take a lesson or two in demonoligy from the Conservatards and turn the tables on them.
If you like your Senate Majority, you can keep your Senate Majority, Period.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#11 Apr 21, 2014
right is wrong wrote:
Yep, the Conservatards are great at creating the boogie man out of thin air..
Fascinating is tracking the boogie man du jour or the boogie man of the week. Looks like there is an echo chamber of boogie chatter and I question where the choice of boogie man comes from.

A rhetorical question!
El oh El

Webster, MA

#12 Apr 21, 2014
right is wrong wrote:
You got it wrong. Again. I see the Dems making more boogeymen out of the "War on woman", "war on the poor", "war on minorities", "war on the environment", "war on children", "war on the middle class".... Did I forget any?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#13 Apr 21, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text> woman", the poor", "minorities",the environment", children", the middle class".... Did I forget any?
You forgot that those who are fighting those "wars" are trying to make it better for the poor, women, minorities, etc. They are fighting for those folks and not against them.

Did I forget anything ....?
El oh El

Webster, MA

#14 Apr 21, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes, getting our news from COMEDY CENTRAL is truly a great resource! Its a comedy station dude, seriously. should we get our economic reports from Tosh.O next? I suppose we should trust foreign policy to South Park or maybe the Justice Dept should be run by Futurama. Its poltical HUMOR like you said. Its not a news source nor should it be thought of as one. As for "Fux"? your constant hate and bashing of our elderly is feeding the Republican's claims that all Dems hate old people hence the Dem's "war on the elderly"!!!! See how easy that was?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#15 Apr 21, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh yes, getting our news from COMEDY CENTRAL is truly a great resource!?
Dear, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Bill Maher skewer politics and bring humor to a subject which is sometimes lacking in humor. Don't knock it, boy, as it is preferable to the Enquirer.

Many venues for news, many venues for satire and many venues for spam (ie topix!)
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#16 Apr 21, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>. As for "Fux"? your constant hate and bashing of our elderly is feeding the Republican's claims that all Dems hate old people
Why would I hate elderly folks - I am one, silly!

You miss the point about fux, dear, in that their demographics are with the older folks - that is a fact - let me help ....

""Just how old is its audience? It is impossible to be precise because Nielsen stops giving an exact figure for median age once it passes 65. But for six of the last eight years, Fox News has had a median age of 65-plus and the number of viewers in the 25-54 year old group has been falling consistently, down five years in a row in prime time, from an average of 557,000 viewers five years ago to 379,000 this year.""

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/23/business/it...
Your Ex

United States

#17 Apr 21, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh yes, getting our news from COMEDY CENTRAL is truly a great resource! Its a comedy station dude, seriously. should we get our economic reports from Tosh.O next? I suppose we should trust foreign policy to South Park or maybe the Justice Dept should be run by Futurama. Its poltical HUMOR like you said. Its not a news source nor should it be thought of as one. As for "Fux"? your constant hate and bashing of our elderly is feeding the Republican's claims that all Dems hate old people hence the Dem's "war on the elderly"!!!! See how easy that was?
Probably why the Dems keep rabbling about the need to eliminate Soc.Sec., Medicare, Medicaid and writing funding for them out of their budgets.

Paris

#18 Apr 21, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
As the article states :
""Roughly one in five voters in 2012 said that the most important trait in making up their mind about who to vote for was that the candidate “cares about people like me.” "
The repubes need to work on that one ....
hahahahahah 2012 and 2014 are way different in both actions and Obama's lie of the year. I feel sorry for you. Having to make a maggot like Obama look like a pig with lipstick.

Paris

#19 Apr 21, 2014
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably why the Dems keep rabbling about the need to eliminate Soc.Sec., Medicare, Medicaid and writing funding for them out of their budgets.
What, the libs going back on all their promises that they already lied about.

Paris

#20 Apr 21, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I hate elderly folks - I am one, silly!
You miss the point about fux, dear, in that their demographics are with the older folks - that is a fact - let me help ....
""Just how old is its audience? It is impossible to be precise because Nielsen stops giving an exact figure for median age once it passes 65. But for six of the last eight years, Fox News has had a median age of 65-plus and the number of viewers in the 25-54 year old group has been falling consistently, down five years in a row in prime time, from an average of 557,000 viewers five years ago to 379,000 this year.""
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/23/business/it...
Gosh, part of the MSM........how quaint. I know, I know........it's getting harder and harder to find things you lie about but sound like you could convenience an Arab to buy sand in the desert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harry Reid calls mother of Benghazi victim 'cra... 2 hr Captain Yesterday 43
News GOP at war with itself 6 hr Independent Atheist 1,725
News Graham group takes Mormon cult wording off Web (Oct '12) 23 hr Maggie 8
News Clinton, Trump share a media strategy: avoid it Aug 25 LOL 1
News Think black people aren't voting for Trump? Gue... Aug 25 Woman against Hil... 7
News Ralph Nader shook up the election in 2000. Will... Aug 25 Phyllis Schlafly ... 7
News Sarah Palin photos of son stepping on dog trigg... (Jan '15) Aug 24 Serratus Anterior 195
More from around the web