Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's C...

Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge

There are 12987 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 5, 2011, titled Romney Signs on to Anti-Gay Group's Campaign Pledge. In it, EDGE reports that:

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has signed on to a campaign pledge created by the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage, a group that seeks to obstruct marriage equality and, in states where gay and lesbian families are legally allowed to wed, to roll family parity back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Tea Party For Romney

Carlsbad, CA

#11265 May 27, 2012
These gay fools have got to be stopped!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11266 May 27, 2012
Sawbers pudenda wrote:
It's not a disorder to be gay. You can claim that it is but you'd be 40 years behind the current scientific research.
If a man is attracted to a man, that's a disorder. It isn't normal or natural. That said, you can be attracted to anyone you want to be attracted to, I don't really care. Just don't be telling children in elementary school classrooms that it's normal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11267 May 27, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit dodging. Women who have passed menopause, or who have had a hysterectomy can't reproduce. Should we be allowed to marry?
How many times need I say it before you understand? Yes, as long as she marries a man. Why? Because it's normal for a man and a woman to be together.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11268 May 27, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Is marriage a protection of the law?
Yes, for opposite sex couples.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11269 May 27, 2012
lides wrote:
Laws criminalizing homosexuality were invalidated by Lawrence v Texas.
Justice Dumbass, homosexuality was never illegal. Lawrence v Texas decriminalized obscene acts that are routinely performed by homosexual partners. Now, before everyone chimes in with 'straights did it too', they did but more natural and normal sex isn't available to same sex couples.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11270 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man is attracted to a man, that's a disorder. It isn't normal or natural. That said, you can be attracted to anyone you want to be attracted to, I don't really care. Just don't be telling children in elementary school classrooms that it's normal.
No, Dear, the irrational fear and hatred for gay folks is the disorder. Keyword - irrational.

Some of those elementary kids will BE gay, and every one of them will know a gay person in their lifetime.

Let go of the fear. It demeans you.

Location hidden

#11271 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times need I say it before you understand? Yes, as long as she marries a man. Why? Because it's normal for a man and a woman to be together.
Except if they are gay, then it isn't.

Why is this simple concept so hard for your to grasp? It's not that difficult.

Location hidden

#11272 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, for opposite sex couples.
An arbitrary distinction that serves no rational purpose under the law.

Equal protection under the law is for everyone, unless there is a valid state reason to deny it.

The plumbing one is born with is NOT such a reason.

Try again.

Location hidden

#11273 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
...... Now, before everyone chimes in with 'straights did it too', they did but more natural and normal sex isn't available to same sex couples.
So, it's okay if straight people engage in non-procreative sex, but gay folks should not, even if it is exact same act?

Does that really make sense to you?

How odd.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11274 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man is attracted to a man, that's a disorder.
Not for gay men. Geez...... this ain't rocket science. Some people are gay. Get over it.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11275 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Except if they are gay, then it isn't.
Of course, just like it isn't normal for a person with the flu to feel well.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11276 May 27, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for gay men.
No problem, but for the 96% of the population that isn't gay, it's a disorder.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11277 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's okay if straight people engage in non-procreative sex, but gay folks should not, even if it is exact same act?
Does that really make sense to you?
How odd.
I didn't say that and it can't be the same act due to the participants.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11278 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Dear, the irrational fear and hatred for gay folks is the disorder.
Your believing that there is this "irrational fear and hatred for gay folks" is just another one of your disorders.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11279 May 27, 2012
First ammendment under attack:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/high-school-s...

Location hidden

#11280 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, just like it isn't normal for a person with the flu to feel well.
That didn't make any sense at all. Care to try again with a more logical comparison?

Location hidden

#11281 May 27, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Your believing that there is this "irrational fear and hatred for gay folks" is just another one of your disorders.
No, Dear. You are the poster child. Just go back through your last 500 to 1000 posts for confirmation.

Fearful. obsessed. Irrational.

Even you have to acknowledge it. You are the one who is ostensibly straight posting constantly on gay threads, trying to convince gay folks that they are a threat to you and your family, whether they want to be or not.

And you think that's sane?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11282 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't make any sense at all. Care to try again with a more logical comparison?
It made perfect sense. It seems the ability to refuse to understand or reject anything you feel is negative in universal among homosexuals.

Anyway:
Flu symptoms are 'normal' for people with the flu.
Homosexuality is 'normal' for people with the disorder.
Does that help?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11283 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Dear. You are the poster child. Just go back through your last 500 to 1000 posts for confirmation.
Fearful. obsessed. Irrational.
Even you have to acknowledge it. You are the one who is ostensibly straight posting constantly on gay threads, trying to convince gay folks that they are a threat to you and your family, whether they want to be or not.
And you think that's sane?
You have it wrong, what's new. I stand with families like the Parkers who have had their rights stomped on. It's very simple, live your life, be happy, love the one your with just don't use the low life tactic of brainwashing children in public schools as a lame attempt at increasing your acceptance as normal. It will never work. Indifference is your friend, you are turning people against you.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11284 May 27, 2012
Quest wrote:
BTW, I don't post on "gay threads." That would be lides.
I only post on the Massachusetts forums. I'm not trying to convince you that you are any kind of threat. I'm only pointing out the link between gay marriage and elementary school education and your sick methods of trying to train children to accept homosexuality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) 2 hr African Billionaire 15
News Welcome to the Ultimate Hold-Your-Nose Election 3 hr Jaimie 13
News Isaac Lee: Trump has 'gone too far' to regain H... 23 hr WasteWater 1
News Meg Whitman likens Trump to Hitler, Mussolini Mon swampmudd 193
News Five things Trump must do to win the election :0 Jun 26 Lawrence Wolf 8
News Clinton Burying Trump: $42 Million to $1.3 Million Jun 24 Cat74 79
News Billionaire Adelson, wife give new $10 million ... (Oct '12) Jun 24 Edinboro University 194
More from around the web