Election over, Obama to face same wea...

Election over, Obama to face same weak economy

There are 1392 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 6, 2012, titled Election over, Obama to face same weak economy. In it, Reuters reports that:

Americans have given President Barack Obama the benefit of doubt that he has the best fix for the ailing economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#1070 Nov 27, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, over crowding, high crime rates, high taxes and flooded tunnels are a good thing. Strange you would think so, I doubt if most of America would agree with you.
Most Americans live in major cities, thus the population centers and economic centers of America are located in the northeastern region of America.
Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#1071 Nov 27, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
that splains why retirees and businesses relocate to the 'red states' as fast as they can. better weather, lower labor costs, no yankees.
The land is cheap..... Lands in undesirable places is often the cheapest to purchase, and the workers toil for Beans and Rice.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#1072 Nov 27, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>You live in a state that has yet in 2012 to celebrate 50 years of indoor Toilets........ ROFLMAO

A Bathtub and flushing toilet is still considered a modern convenience in your community.
we don't celebrate toilets down here. I guess if you live in a toilet like you do maybe you celebrate them.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#1073 Nov 27, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>You live in a state that has yet in 2012 to celebrate 50 years of indoor Toilets........ ROFLMAO

A Bathtub and flushing toilet is still considered a modern convenience in your community.
we actually have everything you do minus the ghettos.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#1074 Nov 27, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't proven we are stupid yet. All you prove is with enough candy, you can get children to do anything, even to shooting themselves in the foot.
I agree.

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#1075 Nov 27, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans live in major cities, thus the population centers and economic centers of America are located in the northeastern region of America.
Like Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and LA ? Dimwit.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#1076 Nov 27, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't proven we are stupid yet. All you prove is with enough candy, you can get children to do anything, even to shooting themselves in the foot.
Moron. I don't have to prove you're stupid. You do that with your own posts. Your own Republicans are calling you the party of stupid. I didn't say it, I'm only quoting one of your own...STUPID.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#1077 Nov 27, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't celebrate toilets down here. I guess if you live in a toilet like you do maybe you celebrate them.
Of course you don't. You're too busy cleaning your outhouse.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#1078 Nov 27, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you don't. You're too busy cleaning your outhouse.
no don't have one of those. I don't know anyone who does. You do live in a sewer though.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#1079 Nov 27, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>The land is cheap..... Lands in undesirable places is often the cheapest to purchase, and the workers toil for Beans and Rice.
actually land is cheap when people don't live like rats on top one of another. Of course you live in the arm pit of Virginia Richmond. Richmond is as nice as living in a tailor park, or a sewer for that matter

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1080 Nov 28, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Basically because it's common to find ditches in lieu of Storm Water drains. There aren't much in terms of modern conveniences in Red States. Alone with outdated infrastructure, there are no transportation systems to move populations around an area, commonly their roads are clogged and impassable. Those are just a few of the issues that makes Red State uncivilized and liberal States more attractive.
<quoted text>
Bwaaaahaaaahaaaahaaaa!

So, as a leftist, all you need is some concrete work and a bus to get your vote?

You sell out your birthright of constitutional liberty pretty cheaply, I'll give you that.

Find roads clogged and impassible? Quit following the herd and take the road less traveled. My advice? Buy a Jeep.(See photo at upper left.)

As for roads being "clogged and impassible", you've obviously not traveled much. Pick about any "blue" urban area for fine examples of infrastructure not nearly up to par when it comes to handling the population density.

Give me a dirt road any day. The rougher the better. They keep out the riff-raff.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1081 Nov 28, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
The land is cheap..... Lands in undesirable places is often the cheapest to purchase, and the workers toil for Beans and Rice.
Another indication you've never traveled much.

Been to Cajun Country? Red Beans and Rice is pretty damn good!

Better yet, stick to what you know. Stay in the city and leave the best parts of the U.S. to the rest of us.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#1082 Nov 28, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>Bwaaaahaaaahaaaahaaaa!

So, as a leftist, all you need is some concrete work and a bus to get your vote?

You sell out your birthright of constitutional liberty pretty cheaply, I'll give you that.

Find roads clogged and impassible? Quit following the herd and take the road less traveled. My advice? Buy a Jeep.(See photo at upper left.)

As for roads being "clogged and impassible", you've obviously not traveled much. Pick about any "blue" urban area for fine examples of infrastructure not nearly up to par when it comes to handling the population density.

Give me a dirt road any day. The rougher the better. They keep out the riff-raff.
he lives in Richmond VA. the arm pit of VA. it's a king sized ghetto. The whole city is one big ghetto.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#1083 Nov 28, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a state that has yet in 2012 to celebrate 50 years of indoor Toilets........ ROFLMAO
Give me a trailer and a out house up some country road any day as opposed to a neighborhood filled with crack houses, abandened houses, burnt out houses, empty lots filled with garbage and weeds,
rat infested, dogs running in packs. Where you don't even see a bird fly or a squirrel. Just pigeons.

I just described Detroit. The lefts ghetto of Obamabots.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#1084 Nov 28, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a trailer and a out house up some country road any day as opposed to a neighborhood filled with crack houses, abandened houses, burnt out houses, empty lots filled with garbage and weeds,
rat infested, dogs running in packs. Where you don't even see a bird fly or a squirrel. Just pigeons.

exactly right

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#1085 Nov 28, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a trailer and a out house up some country road any day as opposed to a neighborhood filled with crack houses, abandened houses, burnt out houses, empty lots filled with garbage and weeds,
Good point....Dee-troit used to be a pretty good town, now it's worse than East St Louis.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1086 Nov 28, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesn't explain the mass exodus of people and companies leaving Michigan, California, New York and Illinois for Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia and Alabama. Sounds like people and companies are tired of high taxes, low quality housing, and poor schools.
Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#1087 Nov 28, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and LA ? Dimwit.
More than a quarter of the American population lives in the Northeast within a 6 hour drive from Washington DC.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1088 Nov 28, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a quarter of the American population lives in the Northeast within a 6 hour drive from Washington DC.
Yes, and most either work for the government or are subsidized by it. Sad if you ask me.
Eric Gustafson

Yorktown, VA

#1089 Nov 28, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well that doesn't explain the mass exodus of people and companies leaving Michigan, California, New York and Illinois for Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia and Alabama. Sounds like people and companies are tired of high taxes, low quality housing, and poor schools.
Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma and Alabama still use ditches instead of storm drains. You are more likely to find tin roof homes in either state, and dirt roads instead of finished asphalt roads. Taxes should be low in areas half developed. IN some of those places there isn't trash collection. It's kin to frontier living. What is the need for tax collection in those situations?

But the land is cheap and wages are low and makes for good second and vacation homes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 5 hr Sheriff Joe 529 4,076
News Kid Rock to open Detroit arena amid protest 21 hr The Truth 17
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Sep 13 Interracial Storm... 292
News Jeb Bush chides Republicans to stop 'acting stu... (Aug '12) Sep 11 Boehners Rum 7
News 'What Happened' in 2016? Hillary Clinton still ... Sep 10 help us 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Sep 9 Human 200
More from around the web