Ron Paul not allowed to speak at Republican National Convention

Jul 18, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 84

GOP presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will not be given a speaking position at the GOP's Republican National Convention in Tampa in August.

Full Story
spud

United States

#23 Jul 25, 2012
Read it wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul did not win enough states to be given a speaking slot at the convention.
He could speak if they wanted him to. Democrats, Republicans and the media are petrified of him. He's looking to do what's good for the country but it would hurt the media and the parties and the corporations. That makes him a good guy in my eyes.

Since: Dec 10

Allentown, Pa

#24 Jul 26, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>He could speak if they wanted him to. Democrats, Republicans and the media are petrified of him. He's looking to do what's good for the country but it would hurt the media and the parties and the corporations. That makes him a good guy in my eyes.
Yep! If the Democrats, as well as the Republicans hate the guy, you know he's the right man for the job!
EyesOpen

Plover, WI

#25 Jul 28, 2012
Isn't it sad that most of the people who live in the United States don't really know whats going on in their own country... If you live in the united states read what all the people from other country's are saying about Ron Paul... We are blinded here in America and it sad ins me. But to be clear I think a lot of people are going to be in awe when they see what happens in Tampa. There's a movement out there and it won't be stopped, it's hidden behind the lies but not for long. America please WAKE UP and OPEN YOUR EYES!!!
Bjorn

Stockholm, Sweden

#26 Jul 29, 2012
Ron Paul is the only chance for USA and for US nation. He is normal American, who wants to care about America,. he wants to restore proserity for usual Americans in USA ( it means, it will be more Americans, who will be rich, middle class, working class ), he wants to stop economical disaster, he wants to restore peace and he is the only candidate, who says the truth and with sense and who cares for USA and US people.
He is the only chance.

Allentown, Pa

#27 Jul 29, 2012
A politician such as Ron Paul will never get a fair shot. The powers that be have fixed the system to ensure this. If Paul would get elected, they're whole shebang would end, the corporations' free gravy train of taxpayer money would suddenly cease.

When you go into a fast food joint and order a burger with no pickles on it, and you get it and it has pickles, who do you complain to? The order taker? The cook? Maybe the shift manager? But you never see the franchise owner. My point being that the President is only the frontman; he is there to sell the globalist policies. And they thoroughly vet each candidate and select the one who appeals the most to Americans.

With that said, Ron Paul was going into this on the losing end of the stick; IMO it was more about building a movement then about becoming President. If you beleive that a wealthy group of people tied to royalty are behind the scenes calling the shots, how can you beleive that we have fair elections?

When we traded in the ballot box, with a paper trail, for electronic voting machines, we traded our Republic in for a dictatorship. The last election that the elites allowed the people to pick their President went horribly wrong for them; they were forced to take action to remove him. JFK was our last real President, all others after were selected not elected.
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#28 Jul 29, 2012
Mill wrote:
Ron Paul is one of a few normal, good, wise US politican and he is the onl hope for USA.
What has he accomplished? He's all talk. If he's sincere, he would work to get people elected that share his views. Then, stuff begines to happen in Washington. He will win by a landslide. It's not happening because he's not the leader you think he is. He's working for himself, not the country.

Allentown, Pa

#29 Jul 29, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>What has he accomplished? He's all talk. If he's sincere, he would work to get people elected that share his views. Then, stuff begines to happen in Washington. He will win by a landslide. It's not happening because he's not the leader you think he is. He's working for himself, not the country.
He just authored an "audit the FED" bill that overwhelmingly passed in the House of Representatives. For over 20 years Dr. Paul has been telling the uncomfortable truth, and for that he has been marginalized. You can only accomplish so much when everybody opposes you at every turn. All of our politicans are bought and paid for; pink slip and all. If you have a monopoly on Coca Cola, and have Coke soda machines in an amusement park, people, if they are thirsty enough, would be willing to pay anything you ask because Coke is the only game in town. Now wouldn't you try your hardest to stop Mountain Dew from putting in a soda machine right next to yours in the park? The global cabal own 99% of Washington lawmakers, and they are trying their hardest NOT to shine a light or give a voice to the 1 single politican that can't be bought.

Have you been paying attention? Ron Paul has been sending laminated cards out to all of his supporters with the names of the politicans that also support him. So in that sense, he is helping like minded people get elected.

Things WILL HAPPEN in Washington. Behind the scenes, libertarians are infiltrating the ranks of the GOP. In 4 years, we will own the party, and people like Mitt Romney will have to change his views to OUR liking!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#30 Jul 29, 2012
How do you know he is not speaking at the Convention? Do you know who is speaking? Where did you get your information. I thought he said a couple weeks ago he wasn't going to the Convention. He is 77 years old, just been running around the country for a year. He is probably tired. No one is afraid of him. His ideas are obsolete, he repeats himself in his speeches. He didn't win one primary. Time for new ideas, new people.

Allentown, Pa

#31 Jul 30, 2012
There's sure to be many fireworks at the convention this year- it will NOT be a Mittens coronation ceremony! Romney is too much like Obama to convince people other then Republicans, to vote for him. The convention will be the GOP's final chance to right their wrongs; make up for cheating Ron Paul out of so many primary wins.

In 1 midwestern state, Dr. Paul has more volunteers signed on to his campaign, then he got votes. Does that sound right to you?

In South Carolina, Noot Gingrich had to cancel a public speaking event because not enough people cared enough to show up, yet we are to believe he won and the guy who constantly draws 1000s of people to his rallies lost?

In Iowa the votes are always counted at Des Moines. But when it became clear that Ron Paul would easily win Iowa, the GOP "suddenly" moved the place where the votes are counted to a secret location.

In the only televised caucus, 7th day Adventists and Jewish people voted and Ron Paul won overwhelmingly! He cleaned Mittens' clock!

Even Stevie Wonder could see all the voter fraud committed by the GOP; they have sealed their own fate. If they do not make things right at the convention with Ron Paul, either through a nomination or even a cabinet position, they just gift wrapped the election for Obama.

To the previous poster, I assure you that Ron Paul is not tired. He is in tip top shape, in fact, he challenged all of his primary opponents to a 10 mile bike trek, yet no one took him up on it. They didn't want to get showed up by an old man! The status quo is deathly afraid of him; not him personally, but all the enthusiasm that he drums up. If they cheat anymore, they are likely to get called on it, so they have to watch their steps.

But I am not so unbudging in my stance that I shout "Nobody but Paul!", I am open to Gary Johnson or even Romney, depending on who his v.p. is going to be.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#32 Jul 30, 2012
I have news for you, the Republicans could never steal as many votes as are stolen by Democrats. Democrats invented vote fraud. Do you really think Republicans would push for Photo Voter ID if they were into stealing votes? No. It is the Democrats that are afraid we will prevent vote fraud. God forbid we should have a clean election.

Allentown, Pa

#33 Jul 30, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
I have news for you, the Republicans could never steal as many votes as are stolen by Democrats. Democrats invented vote fraud. Do you really think Republicans would push for Photo Voter ID if they were into stealing votes? No. It is the Democrats that are afraid we will prevent vote fraud. God forbid we should have a clean election.
You are right, the left is leading the surge in voter fraud. During the heated primaries, that progressive witch Rachel Madcow talked alot about how the GOP was cheating Ron Paul, and alot of his supporters were thrilled with her. While it certainly was good bringing it to the forefront, Rachel Madcow is no friend to anyone who opposes big government. If by chance Ron Paul were the GOP nominee, the left would be committing massive voter fraud and MSNBC would be as quiet as church mice on it!
JDC

El Paso, TX

#34 Jul 30, 2012
We talk about our freedoms but we don't like to talk about personal responsibility.
Personal freedom without personal responsibility causes someone else's personal freedom to diminish.
This is what happened in America over the past 100 years. The progressives felt the need to improve the lot of one or another segment of society at the cost of another and do it with the taxpayer dollar.
Now we have half the citizens paying taxes for money enjoyed by the other half, politicians spending money they don't have in order to maintain their office, the young paying for the old, the pacifist paying the warrior, non union employees paying for union employees, the law abider paying the criminal, etc.
What happened to America? Well, in my humble opinion the problem is us. We, the voters, forgot that most basic principle of personal freedom and responsibility.
"There ain't no free lunch".
bottlecap

United States

#35 Aug 2, 2012
It is Time NOT to drop the ball.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/ron-pauls...

"At long last, Ron Paul has his day."

"The House of Representatives on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved the Texas Republican's bill to increase the transparency of the Federal Reserve. With bipartisan support, the measure passed 327-98."
----------
It is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that the Republican Party get behind this movement and PLACE support for Auditing the Federal Reserve in the Republican Platform.
bottlecap

United States

#36 Aug 2, 2012
Also, it is CRITICAL to get a strong statement endorsing Internet Freedom in the Republican Platform.

I rather have Paul speak by influencing the national debate on issues then be given a 15 min speaking slot the MSM might not cover.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/07/...
Bjo

Stockholm, Sweden

#37 Aug 3, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>He could speak if they wanted him to. Democrats, Republicans and the media are petrified of him. He's looking to do what's good for the country but it would hurt the media and the parties and the corporations. That makes him a good guy in my eyes.
It is the truth. Ron Paul is really the best and the only one candidate in the race, who cares for good of USA and US people and who does not destroy USA and the rest of the world. And Ron Paul would be really great president.
Carls in Town

United States

#38 Aug 5, 2012
Read it wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul did not win enough states to be given a speaking slot at the convention.
YEAH HE DID!!! You dont no what your taking about Ron Paul will get nominating by force of vote to show majority of deligates came to suport a patriot and not a neocon.
Bjorn

Stockholm, Sweden

#39 Aug 5, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>What has he accomplished? He's all talk. If he's sincere, he would work to get people elected that share his views. Then, stuff begines to happen in Washington. He will win by a landslide. It's not happening because he's not the leader you think he is. He's working for himself, not the country.
Ron Paul is the only US leader, who thinks and is worry about USA. And he is the only guy, who will restore peace globally by ending wars and who will restore prosperity in USA, it means he will make US people rich. He is really the best and the most credible man to be president in USA and the only guy, who is worthy to be president of USA. The only chance for USA and for the world.
Hogging at the buffet

United States

#41 Aug 5, 2012

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#42 Aug 5, 2012
Brad wrote:
Why would Republicans invite Paul to speak at the RNC?
You're right. Mitt Romney should have the top weirdo spot.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#43 Aug 5, 2012
RON PAUL4AMERICA wrote:
Media Lies; Ron will be nominated. He got his % or 6 States. And let me say if for some reason they jack him out of it.(Johnson has about 10% of voters)(Ron Paul has way more than anybody knows) So if you figure Obama,Romney,and Johnson. Johnson/Paul would win buy 70%. But let us get (RON PAUL 2012)One thing is for sure Paul will not endorse Romney.
Ask them to loosen your straitjacket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Universities say they regret sending Montana vo... 38 min Le Jimbo 1
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 3 hr mjjcpa 12,369
Can Democrats hold the Senate by running away f... 5 hr True Truths 24
Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 14 hr Human at Earth 37
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... 17 hr Go Blue Forever 86
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 19 hr mjjcpa 988
Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight ... (Oct '12) Wed John Wilkinson 5,439

Mitt Romney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE