Rick Santorum's delegate woes: Trying...

Rick Santorum's delegate woes: Trying hard in some states; in others, not so much

There are 477 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 8, 2012, titled Rick Santorum's delegate woes: Trying hard in some states; in others, not so much. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The people of the territories are patriotic Americans who have sacrificed much for the U.S. Rick Santorum won't be winning any delegates in four of Illinois' 18 congressional districts next month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

JDC

Dallas, TX

#270 Apr 5, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people pay taxes in the real world.
Do stop spamming.
Flagged.
Yet you won't even recognize, discuss or say what I have to say is wrong....because it isn't.

Sorry the poor do not pay taxes and if they do they get back more than they pay in, thus no net taxes.
JDC

Dallas, TX

#271 Apr 5, 2012
How come you have never ever questioned any numbers in my example?

Let me answer that for you...because the facts aren't on your side. ANd facts are a stubborn thing.

Single Mom. She makes $ 9.25 per hour, totaling $18,500 resulting in $1045.25 in FICA (4.2%) tax and medicare (1.45%) combined. Why a single mom making 18K and having three kids is a topic for another thread.
Her taxable income is zero as she has a standard deduction of $8,500 and personal exemptions of $14,800, thus she has no income taxes.
Now for the refundable tax credits (can you say welfare)
Child tax credits 2,325
EITC 5,751
Total Refundable credits are $8,076.
This "taxpayer" would get a refund of $8,076.00, which is $7,030.75 more than they paid in FICA and medicare tax. And guess what, they are still eligible for benefits from these programs even though his cost was zero.
Many families in this country are exactly like the example above in that they in effect pay a negative income tax.
This $7,030 is an extra $135 a week to cover sales, property and other taxes you can come up with.
Ok regarding you other tax's lets adress the:
First and foremost, this "taxpayer" has been reimbursed for her fica and medicare taxs paid and has an extra $7,000.
Now for gas tax, let' say she drives 15000 miles averages 25 miles meaning she buys 600 gallons per year. Gas tax averages 48 cents per gallon thus she paid a whopping total of $288 in total gas taxes. Subtract that form the $7,000 the refund she received (When she never paid a dime) she now has $6,712 to cover other taxes.
Let's now address sales tax she pays. Let's say she lives in a state that has sales tax and let's say it is above the nation average and it is at 9%. She takes home about $344 per week, let say she spends $325 for taxable items, taxed at 9% that results in $29.25 in sales tax per week, a high estimate.$29.25 per week in sales tax is $1,521.00. She now has an extra $5,191 extra from the government after considering payroll taxes, gas tax, and sales taxes.
So any taxes you can some up with, she still gets more from the government.

Go ahead, run the numbers tell me where I am wrong. Tell me what other taxes they could possibly pay that actually makes them a “taxpayer”?
In addition, this “taxpayer” is still eligible for benefits from social security, medicare, food stamps, housing assistance, child care assistance, tax free child support, utility programs to name a few.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#272 Apr 5, 2012
JDC wrote:
How come you have never ever questioned any numbers in my example?
Do stop spamming, child.

Flagged.
Alabama2012

Mechanicsville, MD

#273 Apr 5, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't.
Better luck next time.
Fat lady is clearing her throat.
Thanks for your response. Please include references for your comments. I have not seen an evidence that shows that Santorum is against woman's' rights.

Location hidden

#274 Apr 5, 2012
Alabama2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your response. Please include references for your comments. I have not seen an evidence that shows that Santorum is against woman's' rights.
I betcha also don't have a problem with his stand with "Blah" people.

Fat lady clearing her throat.
JDC

Dallas, TX

#275 Apr 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do stop spamming, child.
Flagged.
I love having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

The poor pay no taxes.

Location hidden

#276 Apr 6, 2012
Alabama2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat lady clearing throat.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#277 Apr 7, 2012
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it would be to your advantage to have this thread disappear.
After all the facts were never on your side because if the poor do pay any taxes, they get more from the government than they paid in, thus they never pay any net taxes.
Anal much?
You've said the same thing, over and over and over
and multiple posters have told you you are flat out
wrong yet you keep expecting the same results from
your silly points which have been refuted time and
time again.

You are an idiot. An anal idiot.
Move on or shut up.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#278 Apr 7, 2012
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
I love having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
The poor pay no taxes.
You're not unarmed.
You just keep coming to a gun fight with a knife.
The poor pay taxes every time they make a purchase.
Move on or shut up.
Alabama2012

Mechanicsville, MD

#279 Apr 7, 2012
The following is what I sent out to another Romney's supporter.Whatever you included were something done legally by the two major parties in Washington D.C. Given a chance, be it in a court of public opinion although it is very costly to do so, and in debates,Santorum can adequately defend himself. In order to understand about his votes, it requires the public's understanding of the unusual processes by which the US Congress functions.Lack of knowledge by the public as to the way the US Congress functions have given a good weapon to those who unfairly attack him while he had got a lot of legislative victories in welfare reform; DOMA; Late Term Abortions etc. For the sake of argument, let us assume everything you said about him is "correct". You are trying to blame him for everything that might have gone wrong in the federal government without giving any info under what circumstances they might have been done (if what you said were all true). By the same standard, how about criticizing Mitt Romney for everything that went wrong and are still wrong in a private sector. In a private sector a CEO can do a lot of stuff on his own - for which you can hold him responsible unlike in US Congress. Acting alone is something you do not find in US Congress. In order to avoid a gridlock, a member would be forced to vote for even an unpopular bill along with popular one. Whatever the US Congress does is based on what members of the two major parties agree on. One party cannot get everything that it wants. Everything depends on a team work, persuasion and compromises. Thanks to Mitt Romney, his super PAcs - valuable words like "Team"; "Insider"; and "Compromise" have become 'dirty" words.
Let us try to deal with some of Mitt Romney's past records. 1) Mitt Romney established RomneyCare for Massachusetts while he was the governor of that state (2003-2007).Romneycare is the only precedent used for Obamacare, according to those who voted for it. Romney promoted it to BHO to be used as model for our country in 2009 . Romney is now called the godfather of Obamacare, which is affecting about 1/6 of the US economy. Whatever you have mentioned about Santorum's previous votes will not affect our future like Obamacare. Romney, BHO and Newt have similar stands on: Individual health mandate; Cap & Trade; and The Wall Street Bailouts. These are the main issues in the upcoming general election. Mitt Romney cannot credibly challenge BHO on these issues. 2) Bain's Capital: As a CEO of Bain's Capital, Mitt Romney purchased companies; bankrupted them; asked his predecessor to lay off employees on his first day on the job. Bain Capital laid off poor & middle class Americans; slashed wages& jobs; outsourced jobs and made profits.As a CEO of Bain's capital, Mitt Romney did make a lot of profits for him & partners. Bain Capital received $10 Million bailouts from the government and Mitt Romney got $4 Million on the deal. Bain Capital invested in a video surveillance company in China and is selling surveillance equipment by which the Chinese Communist Party suppress its own people and Tibetans , according to an article by the NY Times. There was/is nothing wrong to have a lot of profits, provided they were earned legally and fairly.3) Governor of Massachusetts (2003-2007): He won the governorship in less than 50% of the votes and left the office in 30% approval ratings. He will not be able to carry MA in the general election. While he was the governor, MA was the third from the bottom (47th state) in economic growth, according to the Department of Labor and one independent think tank rated it as the 49th state in terms of economic growth. His claim that he reduced the unemployment rate to 4.7% was found out to be false, according to the article by The Washington Times (Critics hit Romney's job Creation) dated 02/26/2012.4) Private Sector Experience is neither a prerequisite nor a predictor of sucess as a POTUS.
JDC

Dallas, TX

#280 Apr 9, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Anal much?
You've said the same thing, over and over and over
and multiple posters have told you you are flat out
wrong yet you keep expecting the same results from
your silly points which have been refuted time and
time again.
Could you refer to the post where it was addressed? No because it never has been.
Perhaps you would like to be the first to challenge me to this real world example, if you did you would be the first lib.
Single Mom. She makes $ 9.25 per hour, totaling $18,500 resulting in $1045.25 in FICA (4.2%) tax and medicare (1.45%) combined. Why a single mom making 18K and having three kids is a topic for another thread.
Her taxable income is zero as she has a standard deduction of $8,500 and personal exemptions of $14,800, thus she has no income taxes.
Now for the refundable tax credits (can you say welfare)
Child tax credits 2,325
EITC 5,751
Total Refundable credits are $8,076.
This "taxpayer" would get a refund of $8,076.00, which is $7,030.75 more than they paid in FICA and medicare tax. And guess what, they are still eligible for benefits from these programs even though his cost was zero.
Many families in this country are exactly like the example above in that they in effect pay a negative income tax.
This $7,030 is an extra $135 a week to cover sales, property and other taxes you can come up with.
Ok regarding you other tax's lets adress the:
First and foremost, this "taxpayer" has been reimbursed for her fica and medicare taxs paid and has an extra $7,000.
Now for gas tax, let' say she drives 15000 miles averages 25 miles meaning she buys 600 gallons per year. Gas tax averages 48 cents per gallon thus she paid a whopping total of $288 in total gas taxes. Subtract that form the $7,000 the refund she received (When she never paid a dime) she now has $6,712 to cover other taxes.
Let's now address sales tax she pays. Let's say she lives in a state that has sales tax and let's say it is above the nation average and it is at 9%. She takes home about $344 per week, let say she spends $325 for taxable items, taxed at 9% that results in $29.25 in sales tax per week, a high estimate.$29.25 per week in sales tax is $1,521.00. She now has an extra $5,191 extra from the government after considering payroll taxes, gas tax, and sales taxes.
So any taxes you can some up with, she still gets more from the government.

Go ahead, run the numbers tell me where I am wrong. Tell me what other taxes they could possibly pay that actually makes them a “taxpayer”?
In addition, this “taxpayer” is still eligible for benefits from social security, medicare, food stamps, housing assistance, child care assistance, tax free child support, utility programs to name a few.

Location hidden

#281 Apr 9, 2012
JDC wrote:
Perhaps you would like to be the first to challenge me to this real world example,
You were challenged the first time you put this up.

After fifty times, we just flag it as spam.

CHECK!
JDC

Dallas, TX

#282 Apr 9, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were challenged the first time you put this up.
After fifty times, we just flag it as spam.
CHECK!
No one has challeneged this post, if so you would post it.

Tell us which post addressed my real world example

You are the spammer.

The poor pay no taxes.

Location hidden

#283 Apr 9, 2012
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has challeneged this post
Spam.

Flagged.
JDC

Dallas, TX

#284 Apr 9, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam.
Flagged.
I'd do the same thing if I were you.

I'd want this thread to disappear if I were you.

Because I have shown that the poor don't pay taxes and you have not been able to debate that issue.

How about you shoe everyone how you addressed the real world example? Wait you can't because facts are a stubborn thing and the facts say..the poor do not pay taxes.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#286 Apr 10, 2012
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd do the same thing if I were you.
I'd want this thread to disappear if I were you.
Because I have shown that the poor don't pay taxes and you have not been able to debate that issue.
How about you shoe everyone how you addressed the real world example? Wait you can't because facts are a stubborn thing and the facts say..the poor do not pay taxes.
Your opinion, dude.
You have yet to list
even ONE fact that says
poor people don't pay sales
tax.

Of course, you have provided none
because you know you are wrong but
like a child, you wedge your fingers
in your ears and yell "lalalalalalala".

That doesn't make what you say factual. It makes what you say irrelevant.
JDC

Dallas, TX

#287 Apr 10, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion, dude.
You have yet to list
even ONE fact that says
poor people don't pay sales
tax.
Perhaps you need a reading comprehension course. I guess it is better to say I didn't address it then actually admit I am right.
Here it is for you reading impaired folks once again:
"Let's now address sales tax she pays. Let's say she lives in a state that has sales tax and let's say it is above the nation average and it is at 9%. She takes home about $344 per week, let say she spends $325 for taxable items, taxed at 9% that results in $29.25 in sales tax per week, a high estimate.$29.25 per week in sales tax is $1,521.00. She now has an extra $5,191 extra from the government after considering payroll taxes, gas tax, and sales taxes.
So any taxes you can some up with, she still gets more from the government."

SO I guess your next comment will be "what about sales tax"?
JDC

Dallas, TX

#288 Apr 10, 2012
So anxious is the federal government to give away money to lower income people (up to $49k!) that it is buying expensive full page advertising in magazines like Sports Illustrated urging people to take advantage of the "Earned Income Tax Credit" (EITC) program. In the ad reproduced below, the fed show pennies raining down from heaven (get it? pennies from heaven), so that poor people merely need to put out a vessel of some sort to catch the money.

As you prepare to send in your income taxes on April 15 -- for many taxpayers the amount involved is more than they spend on food and housing combined -- remember that other people get paid money when they file taxes, because their incomes are lower than yours.

The desperation to spend as much money as possible on taking money from taxpayers and giving it to other people who didn't earn it and who don't pay income taxes is offensive to everyone who works hard, succeeds, and as a result has a bulls eye painted on their pocketbooks.

Update: According to its rate card, a full page color ad in Sports Illustrated's national edition costs $238,000. Think of it: the feds are borrowing money from China in order to be able to borrow even more money from them and give it away to people who don't earn it themselves.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/y...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

#289 Apr 10, 2012
JDC wrote:
So anxious is the federal government to give away money to lower income people (up to $49k!) that it is buying expensive full page advertising in magazines like Sports Illustrated urging people to take advantage of the "Earned Income Tax Credit" (EITC) program. In the ad reproduced below, the fed show pennies raining down from heaven (get it? pennies from heaven), so that poor people merely need to put out a vessel of some sort to catch the money.
As you prepare to send in your income taxes on April 15 -- for many taxpayers the amount involved is more than they spend on food and housing combined -- remember that other people get paid money when they file taxes, because their incomes are lower than yours.
The desperation to spend as much money as possible on taking money from taxpayers and giving it to other people who didn't earn it and who don't pay income taxes is offensive to everyone who works hard, succeeds, and as a result has a bulls eye painted on their pocketbooks.
Update: According to its rate card, a full page color ad in Sports Illustrated's national edition costs $238,000. Think of it: the feds are borrowing money from China in order to be able to borrow even more money from them and give it away to people who don't earn it themselves.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/y...
More mindless drivel from JDC.
Dude, you need to get a life.
The poor pay taxes.
Is this the bane of your existence or what?
Really pathetic.... but hey,
great job scaring everyone else
away with your pointless ranting
on this thread. Bet you're fun
at parties too...not.
HT Springer

Englewood, CO

#290 Apr 10, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>More mindless drivel from JDC.
Dude, you need to get a life.
The poor pay taxes.
Is this the bane of your existence or what?
Really pathetic.... but hey,
great job scaring everyone else
away with your pointless ranting
on this thread. Bet you're fun
at parties too...not.
The poor pay no income tax. Anyone who doesn't pay income tax shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 3 hr ardith 4,266
News News 3 Mins Ago Bannon savages Gop leaders in f... Dec 9 General Kabaka Oba 48
News Romney Has a Jobs Plan ... for China (Sep '12) Dec 7 Frank Gilley 29
News In slap at Romney, Trump says he wants Orrin Ha... Dec 6 Ecken 2
News Bannon blasts GOP leaders in contentious Alabam... Dec 6 Trump is a joke 3
News Former Colin Powell Aide: GOP Is 'Full of Racists' (Oct '12) Dec 5 Haleys Flag Removal 15
News Ron Paul Would Be Major Factor if He Went Third... (May '12) Nov 29 O Reilly Fired 3
More from around the web