Democratic convention to include atta...

Democratic convention to include attacks, not substance

There are 459 comments on the Washington Times story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Democratic convention to include attacks, not substance. In it, Washington Times reports that:

PHOENIX, September 3, 2012- The Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., is set to kick off tomorrow and unlike the Republican convention in Tampa, the Democrats will launch a full-scale primetime assault on the GOP ticket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#486 Sep 13, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we/those liberals love dogs. Who wouldn’t?
Contrary to your faulty conclusion, however, that being the case doesn’t mean that we don’t love babies or that we have no concern for the atrocity of botched abortions. In fact, that’s one of the main rational arguments for legal professional medical abortion. Your faulty logic has lead to insulting conclusions that, if true, would support your apparently prejudiced impression of liberals. Those having the temerity to disagree with your opinion about anything does not make them bad people.
May logic prevail.
RUMMY
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/quotethis/...
How generous of you to let the baby live....the speakers at the Dem convention prove my conclusions far from faulty...They were tripping over each other to praise abortion.

Correct me if the big tent party had any pro-life speakers.....I'll wait.

Imagine, people used to be proud to be the champions of the weakest among us, now people like you are accomplices in their destruction. You speak of the horrendous procedue of abortion as though it was a trifle.....you libs wouldn't treat a dog that way. You are so steeped in feminist spin it is deplorable. Frankly, most pro choice women I've seen would most likely not be lucky enough to get any male that close to them to put them in a position where they might need that procedure.

Poor little grad student carping about the cost of birth control. If she is capable to 'put out' so easily, I think she can muster up the 6 bucks for some condoms.....or maybe her knight in shining armour can cough up the dough for his other armour. Isn't she worth it? Must be some proud parents to see their little girl on national TV talking that up. Maybe they were. Guess I was raised differently.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#487 Sep 13, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Friend, the injustices are real indeed. And thaks for letting me use my fireplace, in my own home no less....or should I abandon my car and live in a transit village near the train station?
In your quest to appear the intellectual you misread the post...the water is delivered to the site where the fraking process needs it. Or were you thinking I only drink water brought by the Alhambra truck? I'm quite content with the tap version. Or did you think I lived in such a remote area of the country? In fact I am in a very nice San Francisco suburb. Apparently you are not the expert on fraking you claim to be otherwise you would have know about the water delivery dilema.
Before you pontificate, ask me to clarify and I'll try to reduce it to your level.
Now about the so wonderful LED bulbs....the ones that contain mercury which needs special disposal requirements that are close to a NASA operation....How about the EPA going after colored toilet paper as harmful....that bit of nonsense is a hoot...Kimberly Clark went thru all kinds of painstaking processes to make the product safe, yet the enviro lobby put so much onus on them they stopped making it....another choice taken from the public....the list goes on.
But liberals relish these topics, makes them feel superior....when in fact they are a bunch of miscreants, malcontents, and ungrateful for the great country our ancestors have left for us.
You feel that your life is so encumbered by laws that make no sense to you. Who could you blame for your misery if it weren’t for people like me? Yes, you’ve caught me red-handed. I’m one of those “liberals.” But seriously, think how much more frustrating it would be if you had no one to blame.

Please keep the list coming. There must be still more.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#488 Sep 13, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
How generous of you to let the baby live....the speakers at the Dem convention prove my conclusions far from faulty...They were tripping over each other to praise abortion.
Correct me if the big tent party had any pro-life speakers.....I'll wait.
Imagine, people used to be proud to be the champions of the weakest among us, now people like you are accomplices in their destruction. You speak of the horrendous procedue of abortion as though it was a trifle.....you libs wouldn't treat a dog that way. You are so steeped in feminist spin it is deplorable. Frankly, most pro choice women I've seen would most likely not be lucky enough to get any male that close to them to put them in a position where they might need that procedure.
Poor little grad student carping about the cost of birth control. If she is capable to 'put out' so easily, I think she can muster up the 6 bucks for some condoms.....or maybe her knight in shining armour can cough up the dough for his other armour. Isn't she worth it? Must be some proud parents to see their little girl on national TV talking that up. Maybe they were. Guess I was raised differently.
You said that I’m “ so steeped in feminist spin it is deplorable.” You prejudge me because I have said nothing about feminist issues but it’s OK with me if you do. As you can probably tell, I’m pretty thick-skinned. Concerning women, I hold them in equally high esteem with men and accordingly equally as entitled to engage in sexual relations with partners of their choice. Would you disagree? Are women who have sex “hos?” Are men who have sex “hos?”

Assuming you’re an adult, it is not my wish to “correct” you. I prefer to ask questions rather than dispense one-size-fits-all answers to important life questions. To each his own. Live and let live. That sort of thing.

Did the “big tent party” have any anti-life speakers? How anti-life are we Democrats? How pro-life are you, however you may classify your political disposition?

Do we want all women to have abortions? Do we favor capital punishment? Do you favor capital punishment? Do we favor war to show America’s strength? Do you favor war to show America’s strength?

How anti-life are we? How pro-life are you?

Are we pro-choice? Are you pro-choice? Are you anti-choice? Do you believe you should be free to make your own choices in life?

I understand that you are being insulting, but you have raised a number of interesting questions, as you have noted. Please feel free to regard them as rhetorical. Or to respond with answers if you prefer. I would be interested. That’s why I’m here.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#490 Sep 14, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a business I know that says they have to have $5000 on hand every time the epa shows up. They will start an inspection and mysteriously they quit when $5000 in fines have been found. Sounds mor elike extortion to me.
There are so many problems with the epa it is impossible to list them. There have been pieces of land classified as wetlands that have never had a puddle in the last century.
Here is a question. Why does the epa need a swat team?
I don’t repeat rumors, so listen carefully.
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#491 Sep 14, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that I’m “ so steeped in feminist spin it is deplorable.” You prejudge me because I have said nothing about feminist issues but it’s OK with me if you do. As you can probably tell, I’m pretty thick-skinned. Concerning women, I hold them in equally high esteem with men and accordingly equally as entitled to engage in sexual relations with partners of their choice. Would you disagree? Are women who have sex “hos?” Are men who have sex “hos?”
Assuming you’re an adult, it is not my wish to “correct” you. I prefer to ask questions rather than dispense one-size-fits-all answers to important life questions. To each his own. Live and let live. That sort of thing.
Did the “big tent party” have any anti-life speakers? How anti-life are we Democrats? How pro-life are you, however you may classify your political disposition?
Do we want all women to have abortions? Do we favor capital punishment? Do you favor capital punishment? Do we favor war to show America’s strength? Do you favor war to show America’s strength?
How anti-life are we? How pro-life are you?
Are we pro-choice? Are you pro-choice? Are you anti-choice? Do you believe you should be free to make your own choices in life?
I understand that you are being insulting, but you have raised a number of interesting questions, as you have noted. Please feel free to regard them as rhetorical. Or to respond with answers if you prefer. I would be interested. That’s why I’m here.
With all this prose, you still were not capable of answering my question....Did the Dems have any pro-life speakers at their convention? You took it upon yourself not to answer, but turn the question on me. Guess you are not as capable as you fancy yourself to be.

Being from Brooklyn, nothing throws me really. I find liberals interesting...their self-awarded sense of superiority is kinda funny actually. They have Thai food for lunch and think they are celebrating diversity!

The Middle East unravels, and the president attends a no press allowed fundraiser...some leader!
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#492 Sep 14, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a business I know that says they have to have $5000 on hand every time the epa shows up. They will start an inspection and mysteriously they quit when $5000 in fines have been found. Sounds mor elike extortion to me.
There are so many problems with the epa it is impossible to list them. There have been pieces of land classified as wetlands that have never had a puddle in the last century.
Here is a question. Why does the epa need a swat team?
Under this administration, govt. seems to have become a shakedown artist. In fact, Obama was a community organizer, ie. shakedown artist. You know, they threaten big corporations with boycotts, picketing for perceived injustices. Those corporations hate bad publicity, so they pay. Obama has learned this technique well.

The EPA is power gone wild.
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#493 Sep 14, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You feel that your life is so encumbered by laws that make no sense to you. Who could you blame for your misery if it weren’t for people like me? Yes, you’ve caught me red-handed. I’m one of those “liberals.” But seriously, think how much more frustrating it would be if you had no one to blame.
Please keep the list coming. There must be still more.
Encumbered? Not really, I am the kinda guy that prefers to be on the beach with a shaker of martinis!

Miserable? Not at all...most of my time is devoted to my dating website where I've been delighted to meet some charming retired ladies that do appreciate an old fashioned conservative guy. Who knew?

Blame you? Don't flatter yourself...I may spar here, but, no offense, apart from here I could really care less about your opinions. Enjoy them, I wish you well.

Gosh, I handed out flyers for JFK's election back in NY when I was in the 6th grade...An Irish-Catholic kid, I was busting with pride. Sad to say that Dem party no longer speaks to me, and each day I find new reasons why I am a Republican....my family has been slower to 'convert'...but most have.

BTW...Since I served in the Peace Corps in Tunisia in the 70's, I am saddened by the turmoil there. The people I met there were very wonderful. Just a personal note.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#494 Sep 14, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
With all this prose, you still were not capable of answering my question....Did the Dems have any pro-life speakers at their convention? You took it upon yourself not to answer, but turn the question on me. Guess you are not as capable as you fancy yourself to be.
Being from Brooklyn, nothing throws me really. I find liberals interesting...their self-awarded sense of superiority is kinda funny actually. They have Thai food for lunch and think they are celebrating diversity!
The Middle East unravels, and the president attends a no press allowed fundraiser...some leader!
I believe that pro-life and pro-choice are not mutually exclusive positions.

I believe most of us are pro-life. Live and let live.

I believe most of us are pro-choice. We enjoy the freedom to make our own choices.

If you define “pro-life” narrowly to be synonymous with “anti-abortion regardless of circumstance,” that’s idiosyncratic usage. So specifically defined, I seriously doubt that the Dems had any “pro-life” speakers at their convention. That’s an extreme (as in tea party) position.

But then, did the Tea Party have any “pro-choice” speakers at their convention? I seriously doubt that too, unless some of the women present are secretly.

Speaking of self-awarded sense of superiority, does “being from Brooklyn” immunize you from being “thrown” somehow? Brooklyn’s cool, but I prefer the tempo in Manhattan.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#495 Sep 14, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Encumbered? Not really, I am the kinda guy that prefers to be on the beach with a shaker of martinis!
Miserable? Not at all...most of my time is devoted to my dating website where I've been delighted to meet some charming retired ladies that do appreciate an old fashioned conservative guy. Who knew?
Blame you? Don't flatter yourself...I may spar here, but, no offense, apart from here I could really care less about your opinions. Enjoy them, I wish you well.
Gosh, I handed out flyers for JFK's election back in NY when I was in the 6th grade...An Irish-Catholic kid, I was busting with pride. Sad to say that Dem party no longer speaks to me, and each day I find new reasons why I am a Republican....my family has been slower to 'convert'...but most have.
BTW...Since I served in the Peace Corps in Tunisia in the 70's, I am saddened by the turmoil there. The people I met there were very wonderful. Just a personal note.
So you’ve been the placing pods in your families’ beds? I’m sure they’ll all convert.
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#496 Sep 15, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that pro-life and pro-choice are not mutually exclusive positions.
I believe most of us are pro-life. Live and let live.
I believe most of us are pro-choice. We enjoy the freedom to make our own choices.
If you define “pro-life” narrowly to be synonymous with “anti-abortion regardless of circumstance,” that’s idiosyncratic usage. So specifically defined, I seriously doubt that the Dems had any “pro-life” speakers at their convention. That’s an extreme (as in tea party) position.
But then, did the Tea Party have any “pro-choice” speakers at their convention? I seriously doubt that too, unless some of the women present are secretly.
Speaking of self-awarded sense of superiority, does “being from Brooklyn” immunize you from being “thrown” somehow? Brooklyn’s cool, but I prefer the tempo in Manhattan.
The Tea Party never tried to portray themselves a big tent, as Dems are want to do, so rather a poor comparison. But thanks for only having to use 2 posts to get an answer from you. Wasn't that difficult was it. Closet pro-choicers in the Tea Party...interesting. Closet pro-lifers do pop up amongst Dems, few and far between.

In current parlance, pro-life usually is in the realm of abortion. I would hope we are all pro-life of folks already here. Of course libs are perfectly comfortable that if during a botched abortion a baby somehow manages to survive the baby should be denied medical care...well it wasn't supposed to be born was it? Obama himself had no objection to this grotesque event when in the Illinois State Legislature. I think he voted present, a courageous stand indeed.

The Brooklyn blurb was just for fun....forgot libs don't have a sense of humor. Too busy being condescending. Manhattan cool? Well haven't lived there since 1986...but so expensive.
All those 1%ers!! And mink coats!! Shocking!!
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#497 Sep 15, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
So you’ve been the placing pods in your families’ beds? I’m sure they’ll all convert.
Heck no! Just tell 'em how to vote. You see, as an only child, I'm used to getting my way.

Remember I have a thick skin too....and even dig negative attention!
Bayou City

Houston, TX

#498 Sep 15, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Whatever works, to rid this country of Republican charlatanism.
As if these right wing mouthbreathers know anything about substance, unless it's adding more substance to the coffers of the wealthy.
Since you are poor as a church mouse, you use that as justification to attack the wealthy. No surprise there.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#499 Sep 15, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we/those liberals love dogs. Who wouldn’t?
Contrary to your faulty conclusion, however, that being the case doesn’t mean that we don’t love babies or that we have no concern for the atrocity of botched abortions. In fact, that’s one of the main rational arguments for legal professional medical abortion. Your faulty logic has lead to insulting conclusions that, if true, would support your apparently prejudiced impression of liberals. Those having the temerity to disagree with your opinion about anything does not make them bad people.
May logic prevail.
RUMMY
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/quotethis/...
your legal abortions are the ones creating the botched one cupcake......or didn't you realize that.

Paris

#500 Sep 15, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t repeat rumors, so listen carefully.
I bet you have the latest bumber sticker......tinkerbell for President.......Obama will sprinkle pixie dust on everything and make it better........isn't that what he promised in 08......09......10.....11....o h well I guess he didn't get his pixie dust with the lobster shipment.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#501 Sep 15, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck no! Just tell 'em how to vote. You see, as an only child, I'm used to getting my way.
Remember I have a thick skin too....and even dig negative attention!
I appreciate your honesty. Accordingly, I must concede.
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#502 Sep 15, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your honesty. Accordingly, I must concede.
Buddy!!! I have truly enjoyed your postings...I say that in all honesty. You are a worthy sparring partner in my humble opinion!
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#503 Sep 15, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy!!! I have truly enjoyed your postings...I say that in all honesty. You are a worthy sparring partner in my humble opinion!
Thank you very much.

Paris

#504 Sep 16, 2012
film at eleven
the truth

Southampton, PA

#508 Sep 19, 2012
What was the Democrats message,we the Demacrats are Athist and we hate Jews! And if you can't see that then you are BLIND!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) 5 hr Povertys traitors 27
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 7 hr Cheshire smile 50,932
News Obama vows FDR-level effort to repair economy; ... (Sep '12) Sat Swedenforever 14
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) Sat Three Days 31,992
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) Sat Three Days 115
News Candidates' wives provide a reality check (Feb '12) Sat Antebellum 4
News Santorum, Gingrich tote Etch A Sketch toys (Mar '12) Sat Ghostbusters 21
More from around the web