Right Fears Entitlements Are Killing American Dream

May 31, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

A demonstrator holds a copy of the U.S. Constitution to his chest as he attends a protest in downtown San Antonio on March 23.

Comments
1,061 - 1,080 of 1,280 Comments Last updated Aug 3, 2012
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1143 Jun 21, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not good enough, sorry.
It's good enough for us teaparty people.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1144 Jun 21, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You teabaggers will continue to go down and down and down...On each other.
Larry Simpson said the same about Obama.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#1146 Jun 21, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>You call SS and medicare entitlements,however people have paid into the system.I know that they will draw out way more than they paid in.But medicaid recepitants never have paid in a dime but they can draw for years.They get refund checks from income taxes when they have not paid in any taxes at all.How can it be called a refund when you paid in nothing.It's not it is more welfare.Funded by the working people of this country.
I'm wondering why you never answered this ....
Maybe you'd like to explain why the rest of the frightwing teabag contingent considers SS and Medicare entitlements and want to get rid of both....
How about an answer.
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1147 Jun 21, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I'm wondering why you never answered this ....
Maybe you'd like to explain why the rest of the frightwing teabag contingent considers SS and Medicare entitlements and want to get rid of both....
How about an answer.
I never said that SS and medicare were entitlements.It is insurence that you and the employer has paid into for years.It's true that if you live long enough ,that you will draw out far more than you paid in.You must have me mistaken for someone else,because I never said get rid of either.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1148 Jun 21, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that SS and medicare were entitlements.It is insurence that you and the employer has paid into for years.It's true that if you live long enough ,that you will draw out far more than you paid in.You must have me mistaken for someone else,because I never said get rid of either.
You need to learn to read your own posts. I know you said they weren't entitlements. I asked you why every other teabagger says they are. Since we know you're a teabagger, tell us.
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1149 Jun 21, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you'd like to explain why the rest of the frightwing teabag contingent considers SS and Medicare entitlements and want to get rid of both.
I don't know if tea party people want to get rid of SS and medicare or not ,some may I just don't know.But I don't think it would be a good idea,because if you did away with SS and medicare a lot of people would never save a penny for retirement.If you turned over a part of their earnings to them for investment , they would have no idea what to do with them.I know several people with good paying jobs that don't even know what an IRA is let alone a Roth IRA.
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1150 Jun 21, 2012
Social Security and medicare does not do me much good.I would hate to have to rely on them to take care of me as I get older.I am nearly 70 years old and on medicare,and still pay over 600 a month for suppliment coverage.My entire SS check only pays half of that.If I had not taken steps when I was younger to provide for my retirement I would be in a lot of trouble now.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#1151 Jun 21, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to monies spent feeling american families, not housing them or insuring them.
Entitlement is entitlement is entitlement.

Las Vegas, NV

#1152 Jun 21, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to monies spent feeling american families, not housing them or insuring them.
And while we are feeding families, heard on TV today dems have a new farm bill floating around. 80% of it is food stamp funding. Farmers taking a 20% haircut on subsidies. GOP asked for 4% cut in food stamps and libs went spaztic.

What really pisses me off is that my wife clips coupons, reads all the weekly special deals and goes to sales at the store and food stamp recipients don't do that. Every time we go to the store we never see a food stamp recipient try to save tax payer $$$. Always get the expensive stuff, never try to price match.
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1153 Jun 21, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Entitlement is entitlement is entitlement.
One is entitled to only three things, Life, Liberty ,and he presute of happiness.One is not entitled to food ,shelter or protection.One has to earn it by the sweat of their brow.Or like the Democrats believe by the sweat of someone elses brow.
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1154 Jun 21, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
And while we are feeding families, heard on TV today dems have a new farm bill floating around. 80% of it is food stamp funding. Farmers taking a 20% haircut on subsidies. GOP asked for 4% cut in food stamps and libs went spaztic.
What really pisses me off is that my wife clips coupons, reads all the weekly special deals and goes to sales at the store and food stamp recipients don't do that. Every time we go to the store we never see a food stamp recipient try to save tax payer $$$. Always get the expensive stuff, never try to price match.
You are right ,a man tried to buy dog food with food card and was told that he could not.He went back and got steaks,and said that his dog liked steaks better anyway.
wondering

Holly Springs, MS

#1155 Jun 21, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they ad match or clip coupons,it's not their money they are spending it's someone elses money that was made by having to work for it.

Las Vegas, NV

#1156 Jun 21, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Why should they ad match or clip coupons,it's not their money they are spending it's someone elses money that was made by having to work for it.
Well, it's against the law to feed wild animals in national parks because it makes them dependent. And that law comes from the same Gov't Dept that oversees food stamps.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1157 Jun 21, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if tea party people want to get rid of SS and medicare or not ,some may I just don't know.But I don't think it would be a good idea,because if you did away with SS and medicare a lot of people would never save a penny for retirement.If you turned over a part of their earnings to them for investment , they would have no idea what to do with them.I know several people with good paying jobs that don't even know what an IRA is let alone a Roth IRA.
You don't know? What a surprise. What do you think this thread you are on is all about?..Try this....
Medicare was created in 1965 so seniors would not have to live in poor health and poverty. The GOP budget plan that Ryan hatched abandons this long-standing American tradition. In fact, it is a recycled agenda, the direct descendant of Newt Gingrich’s 1995 hope that Medicare would someday “wither on the vine.”
Under the GOP budget plan, the clock would also start ticking on Social Security, quietly beginning a “trigger” that would soon cut benefits and raise the retirement age. Republicans know the political risk of cutting Social Security directly, which is why they are trying to sneak in a legal provision that would allow benefit cuts....
Would you care to comment?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1158 Jun 21, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's against the law to feed wild animals in national parks because it makes them dependent. And that law comes from the same Gov't Dept that oversees food stamps.
well explained, but there is going to be some that dont get it.

Las Vegas, NV

#1159 Jun 21, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>well explained, but there is going to be some that dont get it.
I just wish people who receive more then they contribute would respect tax payers a bit more. Tax payers get treated like criminals.

Location hidden

#1160 Jun 21, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wish people who receive more then they contribute would respect tax payers a bit more. Tax payers get treated like criminals.
you got that right about the IRS.

Las Vegas, NV

#1161 Jun 21, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you got that right about the IRS.
If I were king for a day, I would stop all tax withholding. Everyone should have the privilege of writing estimate tax payments to the Gov't on a quarterly basis.

Location hidden

#1162 Jun 21, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were king for a day, I would stop all tax withholding. Everyone should have the privilege of writing estimate tax payments to the Gov't on a quarterly basis.
I 2nd that

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#1163 Jun 21, 2012
Watch out Obama voting middle class

$5 Trillion Tax Hike Coming
http://www.infowars.com/5-trillion-tax-hike-c...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 13 min WelbyMD 11,697
Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 58 min Kasim 207
Mitt Romney takes ALS Ice Bucket challenge, soa... 4 hr called 32
Who is the worst president since WWII ? Wed VN Vet 432
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Wed swedenforever 6
Romney's loss closes out 'Mormon moment' (Nov '12) Wed swedenforever 12
Romney has 15-20% chance of victory: poll data ... (Sep '12) Wed swedenforever 305
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mitt Romney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••