Right Fears Entitlements Are Killing ...

Right Fears Entitlements Are Killing American Dream

There are 1279 comments on the National Public Radio story from May 31, 2012, titled Right Fears Entitlements Are Killing American Dream. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

A demonstrator holds a copy of the U.S. Constitution to his chest as he attends a protest in downtown San Antonio on March 23.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#319 Jun 2, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, more class envy.........nothing new folks, just another whiner spouting his mantra for Georgie Soros.
Yawn, More DUMBOSPAM.
FIRE THE GOP

Fayetteville, NC

#320 Jun 2, 2012
Hi rommy plastic face!

NUMBER ONE ISSUE:

CUT TAXES FOR BILLIONAIRES!!!

and millionaires!!!

By his own words....

Hey mannnnnn!!!

These rich are hurting...

They need help with taxes???

FIRE THE GOP!!!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#321 Jun 2, 2012
When the takers outnumber the producers and the welfare, food stamps, free medical, free cellphones, subsidized housing, utilities etc. get cut cause there's no more money. Then maybe they'll get a clue. That threshold is quickly approaching.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#322 Jun 2, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>No it isn't. People here in FloriDUH always vote against their own best interests.
No kidding. The same often happens in Texas.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#323 Jun 2, 2012
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. The same often happens in Texas.
You are correct. I forgot about the Scott and Perry bromance.
Jesus_H_Christ

Pittsburgh, PA

#324 Jun 2, 2012
Papillon wrote:
45% of the population pays absolutely no taxes.
This includes the ghetto crowd, illegal Mexicans, and a great percentage of muslims.
Hard working tax payers are forced to support these scum (aka criminals).
Many of these freeloaders live better than those who are forced to support them.
It is these groups in particular that commits most murders, and crimes in general.
Liberals condone and support their conduct, because they are politically correct.
Those people pay taxes on things other than income. In fact, they pay the same sales tax as the rich.

We aren't going to tax the poor out of existence simply because you don't like them. Or is it just the non-white ones that you don't like?
Seth Adams

AOL

#325 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just encapsulated the reason we are having this problem now. The defeatist mentality is not American, it's Anarchist. As long as we are not in a civil war, we are doing pretty well. Not as well as we should be doing, but not as bad as the doomsday sayers will have people believe.
I agree. Only if Obama is reelected and Pelosi resumes her Power over Congress will America become so badly broken that we won't survive.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#326 Jun 2, 2012
Again, what have these lazy, slackers done in their miserable lives to be entitled to the same thing that hardworking people can buy? Nothing. If you take away their cells phones, tv s, all the emenities that hard working people strive for, I guarantee they will get a job. I am tired of buying their illegal drugs too. They will detox real fast when their money dries up.
David in England

London, UK

#328 Jun 2, 2012
Dr Who wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but you still have bad teeth.......
Bad teeth, bad teeth, that's our underclass, in the US the poor don't even have teeth, I saw a guy on TV in America saying that the only way he could ever afford dental care was when he was in prison! And all your people who live in the projects & trailer parks never seem to have any teeth!! And your obesity epidemic is terrible, although it seems the UK is catching you up, again it's the poor I'm talking about.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#329 Jun 2, 2012
The entitlement game is married to graft and corruption and as a side benefit the good ones are to smart for paying taxes.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#330 Jun 2, 2012
Somebody owes me!!!

Location hidden

#331 Jun 2, 2012
Watch this, it is produced out of London by Russia Today Television and it describes the bait and switch between Washington DC and the Networks over here.
The next time the NYT reports a 'poll'. think pocket.
http://rt.com/programs/keiser-report/episode-...

Since: May 12

Bennettsville, SC

#332 Jun 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Lame shift. First it's the blacks, then it's the gays, now it's entitlements. What's next?
It is a combination of what you mention and an America that has become lazy and looking for something for nothing.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#333 Jun 2, 2012
I am still waiting for the lefties to explain to me why I should pay for cell phones, illegal drugs, TVs, food stamps, Healthcare life insurence, Oh, you didn't know who pays to bury the dead in those drive bys? You do. and what does society get in return? More druggies, and slackers exploiting their children. It has to stop.
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

#335 Jun 2, 2012

Location hidden

#336 Jun 2, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
I am still waiting for the lefties to explain to me why I should pay for cell phones, illegal drugs, TVs, food stamps, Healthcare life insurence, Oh, you didn't know who pays to bury the dead in those drive bys? You do. and what does society get in return? More druggies, and slackers exploiting their children. It has to stop.
It occurs to me that cell phone technology makes it an effective tracking and monitoring device.
If the government pays the bill, the right if privacy belongs to them. To be administered by a non-elected, but appointed Czar.
The device will remain in operation turned on or off with battery installed.
Not only can it listen in whatever environment it is in, it also transmits satellite tracking coordinates.
Elections matter.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#339 Jun 2, 2012
paranoia... the root of most evil.
Ann Onamous

Buffalo, NY

#340 Jun 2, 2012
Tedsliver wrote:
The truth does hurt. We have created generations of lazy entitled people.
They are called liberals.
WRONG, they are called polititions.
Boston Pop

Carol Stream, IL

#341 Jun 2, 2012
WTF are they talking about? The American dream is a can of beer, a willing wife and football on the HD wide-screen. Now, to really enjoy all that, we also need the government check. There ain't no sense in having a dream interupted by something stupid like work. Only saps and suckers work or pay taxes. The trick is to stay home and get somebody else to do that so that instead of paying taxes, taxes pay YOU!

Give me the old gub'ment check anyday. Borrow from my grandkids (and their grandkids) sez me, and party till the free sh*t runs out!

Obama 2012!

“Repeated lies are not truth”

Since: Jul 11

8120'

#342 Jun 2, 2012
"Rightwing fears" That's why we call them the
Frightwing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President takes victory lap on Supreme Court Ob... Thu Le Jimbo 4
News Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) Wed Calgary Anti-Xeno 18
News Fiorina: GOP Nominee Must - Throw Punches at Hi... Wed Miss Id 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Wed Human 44
News 'Mormon Rivals' -- After 2012 defeat, Romney fa... Wed Share your Harem 2
News Let Puerto Rico Go Bankrupt? Maybe. Wed sandy1 25
News How should the GOP approach immigration? Jun 30 Prep-for-Dep 334
More from around the web