Right Fears Entitlements Are Killing American Dream

May 31, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

A demonstrator holds a copy of the U.S. Constitution to his chest as he attends a protest in downtown San Antonio on March 23.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,280
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Not if your dream is to get paid for watching Oprah! America is saaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Priscilla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Blacks and Mexicans have dragged America down in various ways. They helped lower the bar so low that we don't even remember it wasn't always like this. work ethic, behaviour, ambition, victimization mindset etc........ not good.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Lame shift. First it's the blacks, then it's the gays, now it's entitlements. What's next?
Tedsliver

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

The truth does hurt. We have created generations of lazy entitled people.
They are called liberals.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

When time comes for Romney and Obama to talk without surrogates, I would like to hear the discussion about the influences of Paine & Mao.
And, if they ask why, neither should be elected.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Lame shift. First it's the blacks, then it's the gays, now it's entitlements. What's next?
first it's blacks...what?
gays? what?

jeez!
focus dear...

read the article THEN post.
Re Elect Obama

East Tawas, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

They don't mind entitlements for "Too Big To Fail", or the wealthy 2%. They believe in white collar welfare.
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Create jobs you rich GOP scum and we wont need "entitlements".....

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Stance On Gay Marriage May Cost Rev. His Church. The proof is in the pudding Rev. Either you believe and teach the bible or you believe and preach Obama……it’s that simple.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

If people are given "things" not earned in any way, first off, they don't value them and secondly, the grow to expect them. We all know how hard it is to decrease any so called "entitlement". The screams from the left at even not INCREASING one is called a cut. Right now at this very moment, the takers are equal to the payers. When more people are dependent on government for sustenance (and for some it's a very nice living for sure) than those supplying the means, we are headed for deep trouble. The American Dream is still with us, SOME OF US have just lost the will to do the hard work necessary. Instant gratification is NOT part of the dream.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Re Elect Obama wrote:
They don't mind entitlements for "Too Big To Fail", or the wealthy 2%. They believe in white collar welfare.
Holder to black preachers:'Sacred' right to vote under attack...WHICH IS AN OUT RIGHT LIE…….unless it’s the Panthers outside voting booths.

EARLY OBAMA BACKER LEAVES DEM PARTY...

REPORT: 13 Senate candidates have criminal records, bankruptcies...must be the black caucus.

REUTERS probes birth certificate -- Romney's...Liberals become birthers.

Condoleezza Rice Endorses Romney...
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

We are becoming like Europe...look at Europe...is that the America we want???..Obamas does!No More Red ,White And Blue..But now a SHIT BROWN.

Other than our Military....We are becoming a waste land..Look at the Stats in Education,Employment...America is Drifting...and need HELP!....Like a Pres. Regan ,in the Cavalry ,Chasing the Indians like Pres. Carter out!

With the soon unemployed Solders coming home it can only get worst....The Vets today are demanding more benefits than at any time in our history....All now jumping on the Gravy train...

We Got PERPETUAL CARE NOW..Why work ..checks in the Mail..ALL time high in FOOD STAMPS..and on and on..Most just sit home and are on TOPIX,when their FAT ASS should be working!

A "NANNY" USA...Cradle to Grave Care...we Know better than you..Do not eat this,Eat That ,Do not Do that Do This...Total Control...Lose of individual freedoms....Follow me..Do not worry be happy...Drink Yer OBAMA PRUNE JUICE..The First Fat Ass knows better than yo Momma!

GOD DAM AMERICA!!...LOONS and OBAMA ARE!
Repulsive-Republ icans

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Stance On Gay Marriage May Cost Rev. His Church. The proof is in the pudding Rev. Either you believe and teach the bible or you believe and preach Obama……it’s that simple.
Or worse yet, believe and preach Reagan and trickle down (piss on) ecconomics.....
Liberal

Abell, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
Yes, that's right! Give the people jobs or we will confiscate your wealth!
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's right! Give the people jobs or we will confiscate your wealth!
Yes..........

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
That's a lie, creating jobs does not erase the fact that a person is owed a pension by contract.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Tedsliver wrote:
The truth does hurt. We have created generations of lazy entitled people.
They are called liberals.
An "entitlement" is a pension, or paid vacation, something that is owed to a person is an "entitlement". I'm entitled to my 4 weeks paid vacation because that's the agreement between our labor group and management, that is owed to me.

You idiots don't even know the definition of the word, you just like arguing about your silly feelings about things.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Repulsive-Republicans wrote:
<quoted text>Or worse yet, believe and preach Reagan and trickle down (piss on) ecconomics.....
LOL, you believe wealth is created by the government? What a communist you are, of course wealth is created by the government, when they outlawed gambling, drugs, prostitution, the street value of these things went up and up, lol.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
An "entitlement" is a pension, or paid vacation, something that is owed to a person is an "entitlement". I'm entitled to my 4 weeks paid vacation because that's the agreement between our labor group and management, that is owed to me.
You idiots don't even know the definition of the word, you just like arguing about your silly feelings about things.
some idiots think there is only one meaning for a word.

en·ti·tle·ment
noun \-&#712;t&#299;-t& #601;l-m&#601;nt\

Definition of ENTITLEMENT
1: the state or condition of being entitled : right b: a right to benefits specified especially by law or contract

2: a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group; also: funds supporting or distributed by such a program

3: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Ballybunion wrote:
If people are given "things" not earned in any way, first off, they don't value them and secondly, the grow to expect them. We all know how hard it is to decrease any so called "entitlement". The screams from the left at even not INCREASING one is called a cut. Right now at this very moment, the takers are equal to the payers. When more people are dependent on government for sustenance (and for some it's a very nice living for sure) than those supplying the means, we are headed for deep trouble. The American Dream is still with us, SOME OF US have just lost the will to do the hard work necessary. Instant gratification is NOT part of the dream.
So true, you take the pain and value out of having to find a way to make it and you loose something in the character of the person. It has given us a nation of I want I want I want, instead of a nation of I did, I did, I did. I am convinced that if we were back to life it not fair, it is hard, very hard and it is harder if your stupid then as a whole we would be better off and not be suffering what we are suffering now.

And entitlements will kill more then the american dream on their current course, we are going down the path of Greece it will just take us longer to get there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,280
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••