Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

Oct 9, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.wisconsingazette.com

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Comments (Page 269)

Showing posts 5,361 - 5,380 of5,438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Jane dear, the child could not be covered under the family's existing health coverage, because her mother had lost her job and the baby could not be added to they already have been paying for their other SEVEN children. So they sought a medical card for their newborn, they were seeking no further public assistance for her and their family other than that one benefit the child would readily qualify for given the family's current circumstances. Some bureaucrat saw themselves an opportunity to exercise a loophole in the law that these parents had no idea existed and they ran with it. The state of Kansas is now punishing this child, her mothers and the donor for no other reason than the law lets them do it.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Jane dear, the child could not be covered under the family's existing health coverage, because her mother had lost her job and the baby could not be added to they already have been paying for their other SEVEN children. So they sought a medical card for their newborn, they were seeking no further public assistance for her and their family other than that one benefit the child would readily qualify for given the family's current circumstances. Some bureaucrat saw themselves an opportunity to exercise a loophole in the law that these parents had no idea existed and they ran with it. The state of Kansas is now punishing this child, her mothers and the donor for no other reason than the law lets them do it.
Rick sweetie, you are only showing how selfish these ladies have been...
SEVEN kids, and they still had to MAKE them with sperm from a dude they didn't want to know...
sounds juts great,. right? a mockery of "family" is what it is...

and they are NOT punishing the child at all, they are punishing the man who provided sperm...under the law, he is still a FATHER!

see how that works hon?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

My father's parents had 12 children, were they being selfish too?

Dear, they are punishing the child, there is no medical card until the support issue is resolved. Period.

In this case, much like yourself, the law is just being an ass because it can be.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
My father's parents had 12 children, were they being selfish too?
did he have them with a mother?
aren't you glad YOU had a father?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Dear, they are punishing the child, there is no medical card until the support issue is resolved. Period.
The state is rightfully looking for a father..

we have a child looking for state benefits, so we look for a mom and dad...

see how that works?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

In this case, much like yourself, the law is just being an ass because it can be.

Buh-bye.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Buh-bye.
I see how you want to paint it, "that pain in the ass law"...but to me, it is a real life example of how gay relationships just don't jibe with our laws....

see how quick and automatically we see a child and look for a mom AND dad?
you are different and it is fair to treat you differently...

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

I can't leave you stuck completely on stupid unless you are going to choose to remain there once I do leave you, but the loophole in the who can give up their legal parental rights and obligations law governing donated baby bits applies regardless of the sexual make-up of the couple. Do your turkey basting at home and even a married couple of the opposite sex would/should find themselves in such a legal quandary.

Ass dismissed.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Do your turkey basting at home and even a married couple of the opposite sex would/should find themselves in such a legal quandary.
you are aware of laws that assume a child born to a married straight couple is the child of both spouses, right?

so AGAIN, when the law automatically seeks a father, they assume one in the HUSBAND...

are you suggesting gay couples should get the benefit of this assumption even though it is impossible EVERY TIME?

so reality aside as usual while you claim I don't know whats going on...
its just another day...
dearie.
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
@ss dismissed.
BTW this is the third time you tried to dismiss and it didnt work...
in reality, this makes you look like a chump...
care to try it again?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I so recall that story. It was a morality play, about how the crafty tigers tricked Sambo into handing over his valuables. Later, he tricked the tigers into running in a circle till they melted into butter.
Recall the diner chain called "Sambo's"?
I wonder about how people can come up with stories like that. Tigers running around a tree until they turn into butter...
Yeah, I remember "Sambo's", I think they focused on serving pancakes, IIRC, controversy over the name lead to the chain's demise.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
right, it was the way they donated the sperm that mattered, not that the couple was obviously infertile and so they needed to find a "dad"...a straight couple could have covered...
and do notice the lesbians were automatically seeking public aid?
how does that jibe with your just so stories about gays...
I guess the family was missing a primary breadwinner...and they figured we should take care of their contrived child...
Do you have some kind of point?
It's not as if you'd have a hard time coming up with a story about a straight woman suing a man for child support. Well, maybe you would, as it's so common, it might not make the news.

(Personally, I don't think a man should have any legal rights/responsibilities towards a child he fathers unless he is married to the mother at the time of conception or birth.)

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I see how you want to paint it, "that pain in the ass law"...but to me, it is a real life example of how gay relationships just don't jibe with our laws....
see how quick and automatically we see a child and look for a mom AND dad?
you are different and it is fair to treat you differently...
The child wasn't looking for anything, and the couple was just looking for money.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder about how people can come up with stories like that. Tigers running around a tree until they turn into butter...
Yeah, I remember "Sambo's", I think they focused on serving pancakes, IIRC, controversy over the name lead to the chain's demise.
"The fact is - SAM (the Founder) was a real person and BO (his partner) was a real person.
Sam is Sam Battistone and Bo is Newell Bohnett, known affectionately to his friends, family and associates as "Bo".
Despite all the other stories you may have heard - this is really how SAMBO'S got its name.
'The Story of Little Black Sambo' by Helen Bannerman was an afterthought. The SAMBO'S RESTAURANT
already was established before the children's story was discovered and used as part of a marketing promotion."
http://www.sambosrestaurant.com/
Jane DoDo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I do wonder how low you will sink...
but its fun to watch!
do you use that people can get a marriage license as support for you position?
YES..
so why attack my use of the same argument?
Because you are a dumb and angry troll?
yup, that's it!
but speaking of trite non-answers, what did you do as a job for GE?
back to you...
(ring)
Oh puh-leez. How many people get a marriage license with the plan to divorce the next day? You're such an idiot.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Jane Dough wrote:
you are aware of laws that assume a child born to a married straight couple is the child of both spouses, right?
so AGAIN, when the law automatically seeks a father, they assume one in the HUSBAND...
Actually, Jane, the law doesn't seek a father.

Can a single woman legally adopt? If so, then your assertion is BS.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Jane, the law doesn't seek a father.
Fat chance this would happen but impregnate a woman and refuse to pay child support, see if the law doesn't seek a father. Justice Dumbass, you so funny.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Wondering wrote:
Fat chance this would happen but impregnate a woman and refuse to pay child support, see if the law doesn't seek a father. Justice Dumbass, you so funny.
Of course, now you are arguing an entirely separate, and irrelevant, issue.

Would you care to come back and join the adults, Wondering? We were talking about equal protection of the law, which is constitutionally mandated, and which the failed Vice Presidential candidate was against.

Can you make an on topic defense of your position that employs facts? I know you can cite facts, the question is whether you can cite relevant ones. I don't think you can, and your posts prove that fact.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, now you are arguing an entirely separate, and irrelevant, issue.
Really? Like adoption and biological parents?
Go play with your alphabet blocks. Did you know that without fathers there would be no children for people to adopt? I doubt you knew that.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Wondering wrote:
Really? Like adoption and biological parents?
Go play with your alphabet blocks. Did you know that without fathers there would be no children for people to adopt? I doubt you knew that.
Wondering, I'm not the one who is consistently off topic. That appears to be your domain.

Feel free to make a case against equal protection of the law for same sex couples to marry if you are intelligent enough to do so, I don't believe you are.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, I'm not the one who is consistently off topic.
Yes, you are always off topic. You do know that Romney/Ryan lost don't you? The topic is Ryan, when did you last mention him? You so stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,361 - 5,380 of5,438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••