Paul Ryan promises hate group that he...

Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality

There are 5436 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight equality. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

In a recent interview with Focus on the Family president Jim Daly, Paul Ryan reassured the anti-gay hate group that a Romney-Ryan administration will fiercely oppose gay rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

EmpAtheist

Maumee, OH

#5435 Dec 12, 2012
I am about to be hypocritical here.... But can nobody make a good argument on either side? I have been out of the loop for a few days but while trying to catch up I see that ALL of you are either calling your opinions facts or telling people they are stupid and being satisfied with your "rebuttal".
I am a straight male who is on the gay rights side of the argument here. I haven't added much to this myself but so far this looks like a room full of tired children.... To fit in I feel I should pick someone and just reply "oh yeah, well your face is stupid!"

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#5436 Dec 12, 2012
EmpAtheist wrote:
I am about to be hypocritical here.... But can nobody make a good argument on either side? I have been out of the loop for a few days but while trying to catch up I see that ALL of you are either calling your opinions facts or telling people they are stupid and being satisfied with your "rebuttal".
I am a straight male who is on the gay rights side of the argument here. I haven't added much to this myself but so far this looks like a room full of tired children.... To fit in I feel I should pick someone and just reply "oh yeah, well your face is stupid!"
One argument is that the constitution mandates equal protection of the laws. That argument pans out in favor of equality. What is more, it is supported by the highest law of the land.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5437 Dec 12, 2012
EmpAtheist wrote:
Arguments here are irrelevant. No one here has the power to change anything, they can only offer opinions. Ultimately the courts will decide on a state by state basis or federally.

This thread is old and tired. Not much left but people insulting each other. When people get to vote I'm fine with the results no matter which way they go. When it's decided by the legislature like it was here in Massachusetts then I'm not so happy about it. The legislature is supposed to represent the people, they don't always do that.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#5438 Dec 12, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguments here are irrelevant. No one here has the power to change anything, they can only offer opinions. Ultimately the courts will decide on a state by state basis or federally.
This thread is old and tired. Not much left but people insulting each other. When people get to vote I'm fine with the results no matter which way they go. When it's decided by the legislature like it was here in Massachusetts then I'm not so happy about it. The legislature is supposed to represent the people, they don't always do that.
Just remember that "the people" includes gays and lesbians who deserve equal representation and the same rights as heterosexuals.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#5439 Dec 12, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
so you INSIST every day...
but guess what, reality doesn't need your approval!
And so you came out of hiding to jump up and down and insist..
but the fact you need to respond to me like you do and simply CANNOT IGNORE ME, is proof that you put stock in what I say and feel the need to try to SILENCE me...
but you found it doesn't work like it does when you do this to other posters (which we call ALL see that you do)
IN the end we have you saying "I am done with you" and refuses to post directly to me for weeks
and here we are...
YUP.
You even lie to yourself...
What was it the crack about daddy that killed your self-control?
Or was it re-posting all your posts so we can all see your lack of any real contribution here?
What did you repost, Miss Liar? You didn't. Because my posts stand. They are here for anyone to read, although you can never seem to find them. Some research skills... You're not fooling anyone on this board.

No one wants to silence you, you fucking wack-job. Why is it that fundies are always screaming "you're trying to silence me?" I'm calling you out for your lies and logic errors, and honey, you have made some doosies. They PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that you never went to Law School and that you aren't a lawyer. Remember when I asked you where you went to law school (of course you don't)? Instead of answering you said that in Vermont, one doesn't have to go to Law School to be a lawyer. Then I apologized to you because I researched and found out that there is indeed a difference between a lawyer and an attorney. Then you claimed to be an attorney. You are neither. You are some kind of wannabee neurotic idiot that thinks everything you say must be true, even when you use logical fallacies in your reasoning.

But I must say, the clincher was when you suggested that the KKK could sue a gay B&B and force them to hold an anti-gay marriage rally because a gay couple won in Court when a "christian" B&B refused to hold a gay wedding. Didn't you use your regular refrain of "it works both ways?" Why would a real lawyer say anything remotely THAT incorrect? And remember "paying a fine is the same thing as forcing someone to hold a wedding?" That one is a true gem of your uncanny ability to be ridiculously insipid.

Yeah, I put stock in what you say.... What you say serves as a textbook example of someone making herself look like a fool.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#5440 Dec 12, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The good news is for GE, they're rid of him.
They send me a check every month, too...and continue to pay for all my benefits.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#5441 Dec 12, 2012
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember that "the people" includes gays and lesbians who deserve equal representation and the same rights as heterosexuals.
TODD: Hey, Griswold, where are you going to put a tree that big?
CLARK: Bend over and I'll show you!
TODD: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that.
CLARK: I wasn't talking to you.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5442 Dec 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
They send me a check every month, too...and continue to pay for all my benefits.
That's so you'll stay away.

Palm Springs, California

#5443 Dec 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what Los Angeles Unified School District does for me too! Technically, the State of California. They pay my hubby's benefits also. Ain't it GRAND?

Palm Springs, California

#5444 Dec 12, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, SNAP! What next: "I know you are, but what am I?"

Palm Springs, California

#5445 Dec 12, 2012
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been seeing the Old Navy commercials with the Griswolds? Chevy Chase is a much older Clark, but in one of them they have ALL the original 'kids', playing their original roles.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5446 Dec 12, 2012
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, they get to vote too.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#5447 Dec 12, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been seeing the Old Navy commercials with the Griswolds? Chevy Chase is a much older Clark, but in one of them they have ALL the original 'kids', playing their original roles.
Wow, no I didn't. I'll have to watch for that. I just moved and don't have get my cable hooked up until Friday. I'm in TV DTs.

Palm Springs, California

#5448 Dec 12, 2012
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, no I didn't. I'll have to watch for that. I just moved and don't have get my cable hooked up until Friday. I'm in TV DTs.
I just found a whole load on line under "Old Navy Christmas Vacation" commercials. One of them all he identifies the kids and the movies they were in during a sort of role call in the living room set like their original house.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#5449 Dec 12, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I just found a whole load on line under "Old Navy Christmas Vacation" commercials. One of them all he identifies the kids and the movies they were in during a sort of role call in the living room set like their original house.
I'll look it up, Clark.

"Hey Gris, if you're not doing anything constructive why don't you go to the living room and get my stogie."

Palm Springs, California

#5450 Dec 12, 2012
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look it up, Clark.
"Hey Gris, if you're not doing anything constructive why don't you go to the living room and get my stogie."
Aunt Behtany, does your cat eat jello?
I don't know about the cat, but I sure am enjoying it!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#5451 Dec 12, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Happily.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#5452 Dec 12, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>That's what Los Angeles Unified School District does for me too! Technically, the State of California. They pay my hubby's benefits also. Ain't it GRAND?
Amen and hallelujah!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5457 Dec 12, 2012
sugarfoot7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ho, I"M AN ATHEIST, get it? Try your religious crap on a believer.
That was a joke. I was playing off of the "two daddies" line.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5458 Dec 12, 2012
sugarfoot7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsecrap, your source re Eisenhower is worthless, Trump joking proves nothing, different countries have different customs.
Obama either bowed[subservience] to the Saudi king or he was trying to blow him.
Can you con dumbs talk about ANYTHING without randomly inserting Obama's name?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 23 min Denny CranesPlace 146
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 43 min Thinking 47,832
News Former Colin Powell Aide: GOP Is 'Full of Racists' (Oct '12) 9 hr swedenforever 14
News Romney Slams Trump's 'Unfortunate' Remarks on I... Tue swedenforever 26
News Obama, Romney prepare for first debate (Oct '12) Mon swedenforever 49
News Cain says he won't drop out of GOP race (Nov '11) Aug 30 Swedenforever 268
News Trump proposals risk deepening GOP rift on immi... Aug 28 Asian Guy 5
More from around the web