Mitch Albom discovers parallels in jo...

Mitch Albom discovers parallels in journeys of rabbi, preacher ...

There are 1 comment on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 18, 2010, titled Mitch Albom discovers parallels in journeys of rabbi, preacher .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Mitch Albom: "I'm much less cynical than I was before." Mitch Albom was a sports writer for the Detroit Free Press when he learned that his favorite Brandeis University professor, Morrie Schwartz, had developed Lou Gehrig's disease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Rev C Mark Ealy

Defiance, OH

#1 Apr 18, 2010
After 40+ years of practicing my faith (as a Baptist cleric), which included a period of service as Vice President of a Bible College, there came a time when faith had to become real for me. All of the arguments and discourse that comes from the cognitive domain is just fine unless and until we reach a time in our lives when we are faced with life-changing issues.
Last year I released a book entitled, "The Prayer Guarantee" on Amazon.com . That book could only be written after I had gone through some very difficult circumstances that took me beyond the securities to which I was accustomed.
As I watch and listen to many arguments about various issues, it is so obvious to me whether or not the participants are speaking from their heads or their hearts. When left hanging on one of the cliffs of life, faith either becomes valid or invalid -- dependable or worthless. There is no point in argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitch Albom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child Support Article (Jan '13) Jan '13 Frank LaRosa Jr 1
News Book Club - The Five People You Meet in Heaven ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Proud American 1
News What you're saying: 'Lost' finale explanation: ... (May '10) Jun '10 Lost In Purgatory 2
Music for Tuesdays with Morrie Productions (Dec '09) Dec '09 Stephen Estep 1
News Inspirational Albom headlines writers confab - ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 LovesDaisies 1
New Mitch Albom Book (Jul '09) Jul '09 Eva 1
News MTC presents inspirational drama Tuesdays With ... (May '09) May '09 Justin Briggs 1
More from around the web