Hannah's hot ticket had parents payin...

Hannah's hot ticket had parents paying out real cash

There are 108 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 20, 2007, titled Hannah's hot ticket had parents paying out real cash. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Kay Ball got tickets to the concert of the year the easy way: online, at face value, the day they went on sale.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bill

Hialeah, FL

#2 Nov 20, 2007
just once, if everyone would boycott these scalpers and they got stuck with their tickets, the ppirxes would come down. But that will never happen, as we are stupid americans - we still pay $8.50 for a beer at a ball game. Guess what - if no one bought the beer, the price would come down.
dddavis

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2007
It is pathetic that parents have become such automatons ruled by the wishes of small children. I know how deeply the wish runs to give our children everything that they want, but it is so much more important to give them what they need. And what they need is to learn a sense of proportion. They must learn to understand that not everything has the same value. It is important for them to understand that wanting something is not the same a needing it. We must fulfill our needs and learn to be happy with that. A 5 or 6 year old will not remember this in a few years. It is sad that parents are teaching them the wrong core values.
Delray Resident

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2007
I agree it was totally rediculous how fast these tickets were sold out and that the majority of them were bought by ticket scalpers is pathetic. There was NO way my 10 year old niece was going to be getting a ticket to this concert and she loves Miley. Guess its a good thing she has been to 4 Kenny Chesney concerts before - she didn't even realize she missed anything last night. I am hoping the next time Miley comes around there will be better control on who gets the tickets.
Bocafive

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Nov 21, 2007
We got tickets when they went on sale, as members of her "fan club". They were nosebleed seats but the show was great and the energy was real. I am glad I got regular price but even then, with tickets, parking, ticketmaster fees, snacks, souveniers, etc. it was a $500 night for four people. Ouch! I must say, definately NOT worth inflated prices.
Fragrante Delicto

AOL

#6 Nov 21, 2007
Right, just what a parent has to do... take their little darling to see the Stepford Child... ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!!

No doubt the school gave the spoiled brats course credit if they could produce a ticket stub... extra-credit if you paid over $1000 rfom a scalper.

Sheesh!!

When I was a kid, I had a potato to play with... and I enjoyed it. Kids today are too materialistic for their age. What a disappointing life they have ahead of them.
ol redneck

Carlton, GA

#7 Nov 21, 2007
I just paid the money to see her dad, Billy Ray. I still have my mullet from 1991.
Fragrante Delicto

AOL

#8 Nov 21, 2007
Analogy of the 21st Century Child

Dad - Doesn't understand me.
Mom - Says she loves me, but doesn't
Big brother - Belittles me
Teacher - Over-demanding
Miley - Really loves me for who I am.

Oh, and the crack cocaine at school helps me cope with my confused life.
Get Real

Saint Augustine, FL

#9 Nov 21, 2007
I agree with some of the previous posts, the prices are kept high because these losers keep paying any amount to get in. Why are our sporting events priced so the average person can't take their family without spending thousands of dollars? Why are actors paid ridiculous salaries? Instead of taking your children to the next Britney show why don't you teach them some manners or respect for other people? Maybe you could teach them how to go to the library and read a book.......
Jeb Bush

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2007
It's all in the Marketing - Americans fall for everything - they are the dumbest people on earth.
Huh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Nov 21, 2007
She will be another Britney...
SBA

Hollywood, FL

#13 Nov 21, 2007
Huh wrote:
She will be another Britney...
Not quite. She has talent, and her parents aren't trailer trash. Britney is a loser.
Huh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Nov 21, 2007
SBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite. She has talent, and her parents aren't trailer trash. Britney is a loser.
Britney is her idol and a special guest at her b-day party...
WTF

Lake Worth, FL

#15 Nov 21, 2007
HOW STUPID ARE THESE PARENT SHELLING OUT BIG BUCKS FOR SOME KIDDIE CONCERT? NO WONDER KIDS ARE HORRIBLE SPOILED BRATS TODAY. THEY'RE THE ME-ME-ME GENERATION. NOBODY TELLS THEM NO!
Lucy

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Nov 21, 2007
I am not from this area but it made me really want to go!!! Thankfully, we got tickets!!!!
native

AOL

#17 Nov 21, 2007
My daughter is 18 years old, when crazy over Disneys created pop stars of her day, a survived not seeing Back street boys, Britney, etc when the tickets sold out.
STUPID PARENTS your daughters will continue to live and make significant memories of important events, teen concerts not withstanding.
STUPID PARENTS if you don't cave in a buy the stupid tickets for huge money, there will be no market for the high prices.It's you own damn fault.
Broward County

Stuart, FL

#18 Nov 21, 2007
dddavis wrote:
It is pathetic that parents have become such automatons ruled by the wishes of small children. I know how deeply the wish runs to give our children everything that they want, but it is so much more important to give them what they need. And what they need is to learn a sense of proportion. They must learn to understand that not everything has the same value. It is important for them to understand that wanting something is not the same a needing it. We must fulfill our needs and learn to be happy with that. A 5 or 6 year old will not remember this in a few years. It is sad that parents are teaching them the wrong core values.
I completely agree. I once knew someone who paid upwards of $300 per ticket to see the Cheetah girls for her 3 and 6 year-olds. Parent's need to get real and grow up themselves.
getarealjob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Nov 21, 2007
well maybe if you didn't work at mcdonalds then you could afford such items. i have no problem paying $10 for a beer at a game, or a $100 for a ticket..........well maybe that's cause i have a real job!!!
bill wrote:
just once, if everyone would boycott these scalpers and they got stuck with their tickets, the ppirxes would come down. But that will never happen, as we are stupid americans - we still pay $8.50 for a beer at a ball game. Guess what - if no one bought the beer, the price would come down.
Broward County

Stuart, FL

#20 Nov 21, 2007
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Britney is her idol and a special guest at her b-day party...
Maybe that's true, but as of now HM is not even close to being a Britney. Maybe when she gets older and the marketing people decide to turn her into a tramp she will be but her background and family life is a little different than Britney's.
A1A CHARLES

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Nov 21, 2007
I wonder what ya hafta do to get backstage at a Hannah concert?
Maverick

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Nov 21, 2007
Fragrante Delicto wrote:
Right, just what a parent has to do... take their little darling to see the Stepford Child... ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!!
No doubt the school gave the spoiled brats course credit if they could produce a ticket stub... extra-credit if you paid over $1000 rfom a scalper.
Sheesh!!
When I was a kid, I had a potato to play with... and I enjoyed it. Kids today are too materialistic for their age. What a disappointing life they have ahead of them.
yeah, better that they see Britney, NOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miranda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'iCarly' star Miranda Cosgrove breaks ankle in ... (Aug '11) Jul '15 Victoria Justice 10
News Miranda Cosgrove breaks ankle in tour bus accident (Aug '11) Aug '11 short trus micro bus 3
News Nickelodeon launches anti-bullying campaign (Mar '11) May '11 Anonymous 23
News Bring It On: The Musical, Equity Principal Audi... (Feb '10) Jun '10 Csheen 2
News Rock With Miranda Cosgrove at a Free Private Pe... (Mar '10) Mar '10 shevaughn 1
News Nickelodeon/Columbia Records Set To Release 'Ab... (Jun '09) Jun '09 CAROLYN JO PATTER... 1
News Tyler Woman Says Country Singer Pushed, Cursed Her (Apr '08) Jun '08 Mike 64