American Hardcore punks out

American Hardcore punks out

There are 2 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Nov 2, 2006, titled American Hardcore punks out. In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The film American Hardcore traces the brief rise and ugly fall of a very specific brand of stateside punk music from 1980-86. My knowledge of punk extends only so far as a hazy memory of the Dead Kennedys ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

Sol

Des Moines, IA

#1 Nov 3, 2006
Wow Laura, I almost forgot that Henry Rollins is the most Iconic punk frontman of all time! Let's just not hear from him because he is on VH1! That is a sin right? I mean nothing is more Punk Rock than writing for the Sun Sentinal!! There is a reason that this documentary was called American Hardcore. Why would they spend a lot of time on the bands that weren't hardcore?? The scene was violent, so why not talk about the violence. I recommend that you read Get in the Van: On the road with Black Flag. If you haven't read that book, then you don't realize what these guys were dealing with. Rollins may be in movies, tv, radio, and other mass media. But don't say we shouldn't hear what he has to say. He lived the scene. The documentary spans from 1980-1986. Funny how it ends in the exact year Black Flag broke up. They were the main band of the hardcore scene. If it wasn't for Rollins showing his face in the mainstream media, how many people now would know what Hardcore is? How many kids would know who Black Flag or the Misfits, or Minor Threat is? Why don't you realize a lot of people are going to see this movie just because Rollins is in it? He is the outspoken mouthpiece for the history of the scene. But let's not hear what he has to say, let's hear what you have to say Laura, you know much more about the hardcore scene of the 80's than Mr. Rollins right?
hooligan

Portland, OR

#2 Nov 3, 2006
Sol wrote:
Wow Laura, I almost forgot that Henry Rollins is the most Iconic punk frontman of all time! Let's just not hear from him because he is on VH1! That is a sin right? I mean nothing is more Punk Rock than writing for the Sun Sentinal!! There is a reason that this documentary was called American Hardcore. Why would they spend a lot of time on the bands that weren't hardcore?? The scene was violent, so why not talk about the violence. I recommend that you read Get in the Van: On the road with Black Flag. If you haven't read that book, then you don't realize what these guys were dealing with. Rollins may be in movies, tv, radio, and other mass media. But don't say we shouldn't hear what he has to say. He lived the scene. The documentary spans from 1980-1986. Funny how it ends in the exact year Black Flag broke up. They were the main band of the hardcore scene. If it wasn't for Rollins showing his face in the mainstream media, how many people now would know what Hardcore is? How many kids would know who Black Flag or the Misfits, or Minor Threat is? Why don't you realize a lot of people are going to see this movie just because Rollins is in it? He is the outspoken mouthpiece for the history of the scene. But let's not hear what he has to say, let's hear what you have to say Laura, you know much more about the hardcore scene of the 80's than Mr. Rollins right?
the only thing henry rollins ever did was be in the right place at the ight time getting hired as blck flags front man and being able to sng other peoples songs.Henry rollins is a punkrock whore that has tried to strech his 15 min of fame indefinetly i can ot stand the bastard.his solo stuff sux his views on any show he can get himself onto on vh1 suck.his acting sux and theother singes ofblack flag did a far better job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minor Threat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News R.I.P. Derf Scratch, Founding Member of Fear (Aug '10) Jun '15 Crystal Lee 6
News Local authorities express concern over militant... (Dec '09) Feb '10 Devin Brown 2
More from around the web