Miley Cyrus 'Embarrassed' By Racy Pho...

Miley Cyrus 'Embarrassed' By Racy Photos - Entertainment News S...

There are 29 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Apr 28, 2008, titled Miley Cyrus 'Embarrassed' By Racy Photos - Entertainment News S.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Miley Cyrus is taking issue with a photo of herself that's going around, and it's not another amateur, truth-or-dare Internet snapshot -- it's the handiwork of Annie Leibovitz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 28, 2008
DO you suppose Miley's people arranged for the fake shots to circulate on the Internet in order to desensitize the public in anticipation of the Liebowitz shot?

When the tasteful Liebowitz photo is published, people will say, "Oh, that's not so bad" instead of "that's a 15-year-old displaying her sexuality to the world."

If her Dad has a problem with it he should say so. I have a feeling he doesn't mind cashing the checks.
Yak-3

Washington, DC

#2 Apr 28, 2008
I don't know what's worse; a little fifteen year old tramp like this or her parents who are pimping her out so they can make all the money off her they can before she turns eighteen or twenty-one, then sh'll be who&ing on her own.

So who pays for the STD's of a fifteen year old?
Kev

Parkville, MD

#3 Apr 28, 2008
As soon as Miley Cyrus turns 18, we will probably see her in a Playboy photoshoot as well.
suzy

Canal Winchester, OH

#4 Apr 28, 2008
I have a lot more respect for the Annie Lebowitz photos than those I have seen of her and many other young women that our children are looking up to. Maybe we should be treating these psuedo-adults as children and not adults. There are far too many decisions and consequences that are being handed out after the fact.

DMA

Since: Apr 08

Washington, DC

#5 Apr 28, 2008
She should be embarrassed and her parents should be ashamed of themselves letting there 15 year old daughter pose in such a manner. She is going to end up another Britney, Paris or Lohan. Her parents are exploiting her just to make a buck.
Mari

Purcellville, VA

#6 Apr 28, 2008
They knew what they were doing. She's a Disney Channel star who markets to kids who shop at Toys R Us. What demographic were they trying to target by featuring her in a pictorial for Vanity Fair? Last time I checked there weren't any ads for Disney Channel in Vanity Fair's pages. I assume it's because kids who watch that station don't tend to read that magazine. They're trying to age her up to widen her fan base. Way to go mom & dad!

DMA

Washington, DC

#7 Apr 28, 2008
Mari wrote:
They knew what they were doing. She's a Disney Channel star who markets to kids who shop at Toys R Us. What demographic were they trying to target by featuring her in a pictorial for Vanity Fair? Last time I checked there weren't any ads for Disney Channel in Vanity Fair's pages. I assume it's because kids who watch that station don't tend to read that magazine. They're trying to age her up to widen her fan base. Way to go mom & dad!
I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic when you said way to go mom and dad. She is still a child at 15 and should not have been exposed in vanity fare in that manner to make her appeal to adult men!!!!!!!!!!
Mari

Purcellville, VA

#8 Apr 28, 2008
DMA wrote:
<quoted text>I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic when you said way to go mom and dad. She is still a child at 15 and should not have been exposed in vanity fare in that manner to make her appeal to adult men!!!!!!!!!!
Uh, yeah.

DMA

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 28, 2008
Mari wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, yeah.
I was hoping you were. Thank You!!!!!!!
Mari

Purcellville, VA

#10 Apr 28, 2008
DMA wrote:
<quoted text>I was hoping you were. Thank You!!!!!!!
You're welcome.:-P
Big Town

AOL

#11 Apr 28, 2008
The very first time I remember hearing Annie Leibovitz name was regarding the photos she took of teen David Cassidy (i.e., Keith Partridge) for Rolling Stone back in 1972.

It was something of a scandalous news story at the time because he was reportedly completely naked during the shoot (but the photo's actually showed no more than his pubic hair).

http://images.google.com/imgres ...

http://bp0.blogger.com/_-Jptm_x_E54/RmhXN7snz ...

These photos helped change his image from studio manufactured bubble-gum pop star to someone who should be taken seriously. I imagine that is what Miley Cyrus was really trying to do here.

DMA

Washington, DC

#12 Apr 28, 2008
Big Town wrote:
The very first time I remember hearing Annie Leibovitz name was regarding the photos she took of teen David Cassidy (i.e., Keith Partridge) for Rolling Stone back in 1972.
It was something of a scandalous news story at the time because he was reportedly completely naked during the shoot (but the photo's actually showed no more than his pubic hair).
http://images.google.com/imgres ...
http://bp0.blogger.com/_-Jptm_x_E54/RmhXN7snz ...
These photos helped change his image from studio manufactured bubble-gum pop star to someone who should be taken seriously. I imagine that is what Miley Cyrus was really trying to do here.
I don't care how you put it this is WRONG! She is 15!! Would you do this to your child?
Big Town

AOL

#13 Apr 28, 2008
DMA wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care how you put it this is WRONG! She is 15!! Would you do this to your child?
Exactly what is it that you think is "WRONG"?

So please explain.

I don't understand how could ANYONE could be scandalized by a photo of a girl's back.

DMA

Washington, DC

#14 Apr 28, 2008
Big Town wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what is it that you think is "WRONG"?
So please explain.
I don't understand how could ANYONE could be scandalized by a photo of a girl's back.
I am not going to explain any further then I already have. I am entitled to my opinion and so are you!!
Washington DC

Montgomery Village, MD

#15 Apr 28, 2008
In the 80's Brook Sheilds did the movie about a child prostitute "Pretty Baby" at thirteen and "Blue Lagoon" were a body double played her 15 yr old nude scenes....and this photo in 2008 is suppose to cause an up roar?
Washington DC

Montgomery Village, MD

#16 Apr 28, 2008
If this photo is considered offensive or embarrassing why is famed photographer Mapplethorp's nude children photos considered art?????
Lynn

Silver Spring, MD

#17 Apr 28, 2008
Creative photos my ass! She's joining the ranks of Britney Spears! She's only 15 years old, the photos are to racy for a young Disney star. She's setting a bad example for her fans. When she's an adult and chooses to do this than so what. Much to young to sell her body like that.
maddy

Washington, DC

#18 Apr 28, 2008
That one photo is inappropriate for her age, and for her status as a role model for pre-teens. I think it's a healthy sign that Miley is embarrassed. Shame on the photographer (don't care how famous and award-winning she is) and shame on Vanity Fair. I think Miley Cyrus is innocent in this matter and was taken advantage of. Fifteen-year-olds take their direction from the adults around them.

“Relax..Accept.. Enjoy !!”

Since: Apr 07

Huntington, WV/Vero Beach, FL

#19 Apr 28, 2008
I agree that the pics were rather racey for a 15 year old CHILD. Legally, she IS STILL a Child. I am very open minded... but this was just a bit 'over the top'.

What bothered me the most was the "sultry" pose with her father. That was no ordinary "Father & Daughter" portrait !! Watching the video of that particular shot in the making was disturbing on many levels. NO--- I am NOT saying that I believe there is ANYTHING Improper between Billy Ray and his daughter !! The picture just looked more like "Seductive Lolita & Pimp" than "Father & 15 year old Daughter".
john traas

Largo, FL

#20 Apr 29, 2008
Oh common Milley!!!You and the gang knew what was going on!!After the fact,someone realized it was a big mistake and the almighty dollar might be affected."WILL THE REAL MILLEY PLEASE STAND UP!!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miley Cyrus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Famous people's emails!!! (Hosted by:me!(Selena... (Jan '10) Dec 11 MarleyBarly 393
News Vanessa Hudgens goes gritty in Gimme Shelter (Jan '14) Nov 20 lela 44
What Happend to Miley Cyrus's Mom? (Jan '07) Nov 15 Wendy king 4,281
I found the real Miley Cyrus on facebook! (May '10) Nov '17 ddflower3 168
I know Miley Cyrus's email! its [email protected] (Feb '08) Nov '17 desireah 556
Girl chat..Girl problems..Girl advice ........ (Aug '07) Nov '17 Haley 1,340
Chat room of celebrity (Jul '13) Nov '17 destiny 32
More from around the web