Review: Mikhail Baryshnikov in 'Beckett Shorts'

Full story: Newsday
When we think of Mikhail Baryshnikov, we picture the body - the compact, quick, magnificently expressive physicality that defined so much of the best modern ballet in the last quarter of the 20th century. Read more
ashley macisaac

Toronto, Canada

#1 Dec 23, 2007
Joanne isthe greatest living director inthe Americas and with the expertise of The Stars timing-itturns into and event worth every minute
George Myers

Uniondale, NY

#2 Dec 23, 2007
I was happy to see this is in production. A number of years ago Joe Dunne and his wife ran the A.C.T. American Contemporary Theater in Buffalo, NY and from what I recall he was perhaps a friend of Beckett's, and put on some avante guard theater there. At the time Eric Bentley, formerly of the Columbia University theater department, who was one of the first to translate Bertolt Brecht I last see was staging a production at the Bouwerie Theatre in 1999. Nancy Reagan would probably would have liked to attend I recall she saw Baryshnikov in Kafka's "Metamorphosis" was it? Interestingly overlooked perhaps it the connection between Brecht and Klabund Dichtungen Aus Dem Osten: "Das Kirschblutenfest" and "Die Geisha O - Sen"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mikhail Baryshnikov Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mikhail Baryshnikov Condemns Russian 'Gay Propa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 11
News What Do Mikhail Baryshnikov, Ice-T and Steve Bu... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anita Ashby 1
News Third time's the charm (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anita Ashby 1
News Mikhail Baryshnikov to headline Sarasota's Ring... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Carolyn Devick 1
News Random Reports: Finland Sex Scandal, Revisited ... (Apr '08) Nov '08 man 3
News living | Everything you always wanted to know a... (May '08) May '08 Canada 2
News Legend Dances With His Biography -- Courant.com (Jun '07) Jun '07 lllll_13_lllll 2
More from around the web