Review: Mikhail Baryshnikov in 'Beckett Shorts'

Full story: Newsday

When we think of Mikhail Baryshnikov, we picture the body - the compact, quick, magnificently expressive physicality that defined so much of the best modern ballet in the last quarter of the 20th century.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
ashley macisaac

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

Joanne isthe greatest living director inthe Americas and with the expertise of The Stars timing-itturns into and event worth every minute
George Myers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2007

I was happy to see this is in production. A number of years ago Joe Dunne and his wife ran the A.C.T. American Contemporary Theater in Buffalo, NY and from what I recall he was perhaps a friend of Beckett's, and put on some avante guard theater there. At the time Eric Bentley, formerly of the Columbia University theater department, who was one of the first to translate Bertolt Brecht I last see was staging a production at the Bouwerie Theatre in 1999. Nancy Reagan would probably would have liked to attend I recall she saw Baryshnikov in Kafka's "Metamorphosis" was it? Interestingly overlooked perhaps it the connection between Brecht and Klabund Dichtungen Aus Dem Osten: "Das Kirschblutenfest" and "Die Geisha O - Sen"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mikhail Baryshnikov Discussions

Search the Mikhail Baryshnikov Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mikhail Baryshnikov Condemns Russian 'Gay Propa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 11
What Do Mikhail Baryshnikov, Ice-T and Steve Bu... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anita Ashby 1
Third time's the charm (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anita Ashby 1
Mikhail Baryshnikov to headline Sarasota's Ring... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Carolyn Devick 1
Random Reports: Finland Sex Scandal, Revisited ... (Apr '08) Nov '08 man 3
living | Everything you always wanted to know a... (May '08) May '08 Canada 2
Legend Dances With His Biography -- Courant.com (Jun '07) Jun '07 lllll_13_lllll 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••