'King of the Hill' Ending Its Reign - Mike Judge comedy will en...

Full story: Zap2it.com 30
Hank Hill of 'King of the Hill' FOX has reportedly opted not to renew its long-running, Emmy-winning animated series "King of the Hill." Again. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

United States

#21 Dec 1, 2008
King of the Hill is my favorite show from the pilot in which Hank deals with "twig boy" with the old style animation (Charlie Brown-esque) to the recent times.

I have to say though that I dont like the last 2 seasons episodes nearly as much. Killing off Cotton was a bad move. Having Lucky emerge as a leading character was a mistake.

They've also lost the essence of Hank somewhat - having him cavorting with the hippies at the food co-op, giving him a cell phone, making him more liberal in general goes against the premise of Hank Hill's old fashioned Texas ideals versus Bobby and Peggy and the shinanigans of the guys he hangs out with.

They've watered down Kahn in leiu of giving Lucky more stories. They've cut out Kahnie altogether. Theyve made Joseph a bit character at the most and John Redcorn is nowhere.

And Peggy! She was so proud of "substitute of the year" - why is she no longer a teacher? Real Estate? Cozy Kitchen? Welcome wagon lady? The whole thing about Peggy was her thinking she was an academic elite when really she was a naive sub teacher.

They seem to introduce new characters weekly and are now a series of mini movies without any continuity. Remember when the megalo-mart exploded and they even let Luannes hair grow back slowly over the whole next season? How cool was that?

I think writers may have changed and the love for the characters and passion has escaped the writers these days. Its sad too because there are years worth of storylines that could keep the show going. I hope it gets a switch to ABC and it finds its footing again.
David L

Cranston, RI

#22 Dec 24, 2008
King of the Hilll was and is still great. It should not be cancelled. New writers should be hired.
Tyler

United States

#23 Feb 17, 2009
I can't believe that king of the hill is going off the air. I will greatly miss it!!!! it is my fav. show and nothing beats it! I like it way better that family guy and I think that family guy has lost there touch. I will be collecting the whole king of the hill series now. FOX you suck! yet another bad decision FOX has made. I just hope that king goes out with a BIG bang and ties up loose ends!
Fox19

Wichita Falls, TX

#24 Feb 18, 2009
HELL NO!!! They better not end the King of the Hill reign. it's too damn good!!!
eric smith

Cortland, NY

#25 Apr 1, 2009
the last king of the hill should
be about dale finding out about
jon red corn the dale going on a
killing spree then ending his own
life The End
hank fan

United States

#26 Apr 12, 2009
your right, family guy is starting to have really dumb, and small stories now.king of the hill has always been great.but, now all we can say now is , goodbye, King of the Hill. You will be missed.
tr4vis

Salem, OR

#27 Apr 28, 2009
i think it's stupid because there is a lot of questions to be answered at the most they should complete making the seasons on dvd.
Styles12

East Brunswick, NJ

#28 May 1, 2009
KOH is way better than Family Guy and it's stupid 5 minute Conway Twitty interludes. Google "Family Guy Conway Twitty obsessesion".
brandsk11

Lafayette, NJ

#29 May 18, 2009
King of the Hill is perhaps the finest piece of programming not only to come from the brilliance of Mike Judge and the FOX Network. However, as FOX has proven so brilliantly in the past with such series as Futurama and The Critic, King of the Hill will be forced to meet its unfortunate conclusion long before its time. But as such overdone and played out smut [though at times entertaining] such as Family Guy and American Dad continue to entertain the American public, such clean and wholesome programming as King of the Hill will fall victim to the chopping block of such careless executives as those at FOX.

But if King of the Hill is to meet its ultimate resting place as a foley of the FOX Network in two episode's time, I on behalf of all the fans of this acclaimed series would like to thank King of the Hill for all of the laughs and enrichment it has brought into our lives over the past thirteen seasons. We are all saddened by this atrocity and hope to see the regular airing of re-runs for years to come.

If you would wish to join the movement to save what good is left in the American media, please visit: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Kingoft... to sign a petition and join the only worthy cause left in society.
tim

Chester, VA

#30 May 24, 2009
they should not stop airing the show its awesome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Judge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Episodes of "Beavis and Butt-Head" Coming t... (Feb '11) Jul '12 Beavis and Butthead 3
Two arrested in connection to seven suspicious ... (May '12) May '12 RTCforILnow 2
Dog The Bounty Hunter Hears Shocking News When ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Lenny 1
ABC might pick up 'King of the Hill' (Nov '08) Sep '10 JLang 5
Beavis and Butt-Head's Second Mike Judge Collec... (Aug '06) Jun '10 sftfsaggfj 2
Lucky 13: FOX Renews 'King of the Hill' - New a... (Feb '10) Apr '10 Shug 7
'King of the Hill' Ending Its Reign - Mike Judg... (Jun '09) Nov '09 Chris 4
More from around the web