'King of the Hill' Ending Its Reign -...

'King of the Hill' Ending Its Reign - Mike Judge comedy will en...

There are 30 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Oct 31, 2008, titled 'King of the Hill' Ending Its Reign - Mike Judge comedy will en.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Hank Hill of 'King of the Hill' FOX has reportedly opted not to renew its long-running, Emmy-winning animated series "King of the Hill." Again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fakeem

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 31, 2008
Thank goodness this show is finally cancelled. I understand it's appeal to "middle america", but it didn't fit well with the comedy of it's companion shows. They should have kept Futurama or The Critic and aired them between Simpsons and Family Guy.
Alex

Jackson Heights, NY

#2 Oct 31, 2008
13 years is a great run for a FOX show, I'll miss it.
Dan L

Brookline, MA

#3 Oct 31, 2008
I've really enjoyed King of the Hill over the years. I'll be sad to see it go. I just hope they finish it up with a finale that is modest but provides some closure to this great series.
Roy

Hollis, NY

#4 Oct 31, 2008
A great, underrated show that I'll miss. One of the few animated shows that takes place in the real world.
Alex

Jackson Heights, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2008
Dan L wrote:
I've really enjoyed King of the Hill over the years. I'll be sad to see it go. I just hope they finish it up with a finale that is modest but provides some closure to this great series.
I hope it ends with Hank and the guys drinking beer in the alley :)
Jon-Michael

Austin, TX

#6 Oct 31, 2008
Consistantly funny, touching and smart. As good as any live-action family drama or comedy on the air during it's run. It will be missed but it's probably better it end now and not when it's fallen off badly. Mike Judge has a new show and movie to look forward to so that's good.
general

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Oct 31, 2008
Fakeem wrote:
Thank goodness this show is finally cancelled. I understand it's appeal to "middle america", but it didn't fit well with the comedy of it's companion shows. They should have kept Futurama or The Critic and aired them between Simpsons and Family Guy.
Agreed. Maybe Mike Judge will create an animated show that's actually funny again.
Sideshow Al

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Oct 31, 2008
Great show. Hank Hill & John Redcorn rule!!!!
johnd

AOL

#9 Oct 31, 2008
It was a great show but its time for Mike Judge to do something else. I would like to see him bring back B&B or do something with Milton in it.
Kyle

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2008
I never really liked this show!!! It wasnt that good
eric

AOL

#11 Nov 1, 2008
this was really the second best show on fox sunday night line up, right behind the Simpsons, fox should dump Family Guy instead. hopefully it will be back in some form like Futurama
what what

Middletown, DE

#12 Nov 1, 2008
very underrated show. the comedy is much the same that you could get with a live action show. that's a lot of the appeal it had for me. it was semi-realistic. plus, it's hilarious.
Family guy has just about run it's course in my mind. it's stretching a little too thin in my mind. I still think the Simpson's is a more entertaining show. Family guy still gets laughs out of me, but then it usually does something really stupid that turns me off for the rest of the episode.
But, as for King of the Hill, You will be missed. I'll be buying the DVDs.
It's not quite the same comedy as the other shows. but you just have to realize what it is and allow yourself to get into it and laugh. realize how much it made fun of itself and things like that.
Score

Detroit, MI

#13 Nov 2, 2008
I've been waiting 12 years for this announcement. Now if only they'd realize that the Simpsons lost its touch about 6 years ago, we can move on....
LuekBK

Denver, CO

#14 Nov 2, 2008
NO!!!!!! Fox makes the poorest choices.
spockboy

Hamilton, Canada

#15 Nov 3, 2008
King of the Hill is one of the best written television series out there. The originality of the their subject matter alone from "low flow toilets" to Hank's Asian half brother is outstanding.The characters are hilarious and completely believable. King of the Hill would transform into a live action series with great ease which in and of itself makes it a very unique animated program.
Fox should be proud to be home to such a high quality show.
spockboy

Hamilton, Canada

#16 Nov 3, 2008
"Thank goodness this show is finally cancelled. I understand it's appeal to "middle america", but it didn't fit well with the comedy of it's companion shows"
That's the whole point Fakeem. I loved Futurama and I also loved King of the Hill because it was absolutely NOTHING LIKE IT. It was "original"
The notion of having the same kind of shows for the alleged convenience of consistency or "fitting" as you put it is completely ludicrous.
Isn't that a bit like eating the same kind of food, or going to the very same place everyday?
No thanks.
;)
Kyle

United States

#17 Nov 4, 2008
Hey I think the fans of this show should be glad it lasted this long cause the shows on Fox never last.
mikieson

Paris, TN

#18 Nov 16, 2008
Yea....Lets keep trash like FamilyGuy and get rid of good wholesome shows like King of the Hill....Im not happy
Holy Roller

Henderson, NV

#19 Nov 18, 2008
Before they end the show they absolutley must reveal that peggy in reality is a transexual man.
It would explain so much! And they could say hank never knew because he had never seen his wife naked.
Zabrax

Nanaimo, Canada

#20 Nov 18, 2008
mikieson wrote:
Yea....Lets keep trash like FamilyGuy and get rid of good wholesome shows like King of the Hill....Im not happy
I totally agree with you man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Judge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why MTV is going back to being MTV Aug 3 Well DUH 1
News MTV launches MTV Classic channel focusing on 19... Jul '16 Seriously 1
News New Episodes of "Beavis and Butt-Head" Coming t... (Feb '11) Jul '12 Beavis and Butthead 3
News Two arrested in connection to seven suspicious ... (May '12) May '12 RTCforILnow 2
News Dog The Bounty Hunter Hears Shocking News When ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Lenny 1
News ABC might pick up 'King of the Hill' (Nov '08) Sep '10 JLang 5
News Beavis and Butt-Head's Second Mike Judge Collec... (Aug '06) Jun '10 sftfsaggfj 2
More from around the web